Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,781 members, 7,802,418 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil (23947 Views)

Gen Buhari Get Ready To Face UK Drone Strikes If Anything Happen To Nnamdi Kanu / FG Writes India Over Nigerian ISIS Suspects / US Plans To Extend Drone Strikes Operation To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by youngies(m): 6:58am On Jun 23, 2012
IN what seems like a tacit partial surrender of the nation’s sovereignty to the United States of America, the Nigerian Embassy in the US yesterday formally wrote to the US State Department to appeal that in the event of a US attack on targeted Boko Haram insurgents, on Nigerian soil, their innocent immediate neighbours should not be harmed.

The development comes as the Catholic Bishop Of Sokoto Diocese, Dr. Hassan Kukah, reiterated his call for dialogue with the Boko Haram sect, even while urging improved intelligence gathering.

The US had, on Thursday, placed three Boko Haram leaders—- Abubakar Shekau, Abubakar Adam Kambar and Khalid al-Barnawi—- on its terror list.

The letter from the Nigerian Embassy reads: [b]“The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Nigeria presents its compliments to the Unites States Department of State and has the honour to acknowledge the news of the implementation of Section 1B Executive Order 13224 by which the State Department declared Abubakar Shekau, Abubakar Adam Kambar and Khalid al-Barnawi as specially Designated Global Terrorists. The designation according to the Order is designed to diminish the capacity of these men who are members of Boko Haram to execute violent attacks.

“While the facts contained in the Order are not in dispute, the Embassy hereby expresses its sadness that the Boko Haram episode has led to such a declaration.

“The Embassy however wishes to assure that the Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is firmly resolved in its determination to bring an end to the destructive activities of this group. We shall continue our efforts in this direction with the active cooperation and assistance of our friends and allies especially our host government.

“The Embassy however wishes to appeal that whatever action that is eventually taken against these individuals, their immediate neighbours who have felt most the impact, but are very much vehemently opposed to the activities of Boko Hararn, should not be affected.

“The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Nigeria avails itself of this opportunity to renew to the United States Department of State, the assurances of its highest consideration.”[/b]

Military actions against terrorists in Somalia and Pakistan included drone attacks among other options under the US search and destroy objective against foreign terrorists.

Although the US State Department announcement on Thursday morning in Washington DC did not expressly say so, diplomats said yesterday that With the designation of the three Nigerians as terrorists, they now fall under the potential of direct attacks by the US government at anytime since they are now identified as enemies and threats to American’s national security interests.

More: http://channelkoos.com/index.php/news/1840-fg-writes-us-over-possible-drone-strikes-on-nigerian-soil-

2 Likes

Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by youngies(m): 7:12am On Jun 23, 2012
I am certain it will only be a matter of time before the drones start to dot our sky lines
We shall create new post-cards lipsrsealed
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by pingpong1: 9:09am On Jun 23, 2012
Drones, the saviour of the world. Una too like Adventure for this country.

1 Like

Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by Slizbeat(m): 9:12am On Jun 23, 2012
We hear. Good.
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by Joeblis(m): 9:12am On Jun 23, 2012
This topic is so misleading..i thought by 2mrw we'll start seeing drones..but wait o shey na only north?
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 23, 2012
Lovely, I say, Kill them all. The Northern Politicians should stop playing politics with people's lives. This is a game changer.

2 Likes

Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by cold(m): 9:13am On Jun 23, 2012
About freaking time!

Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by Lilprocess(m): 9:16am On Jun 23, 2012
Dis is mere madness"
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by Domaro: 9:17am On Jun 23, 2012
If this is the only action that will bring disintegration of united Nigeria, SO BE IT, Nigeria is due for division Jorr!!!. Long live USA, Long live USB, Short Live FRN(NIGERIA).

4 Likes

Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 23, 2012
We shall continue our efforts

Which effort(s) and when did they start?

1 Like

Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by ifihearam: 9:17am On Jun 23, 2012
Is that all they have in mind?
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 23, 2012
boko haram is abt to smell wat united state is cooking.

1 Like

Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 23, 2012
Boko Haram wait there and "do God's work", the drones are coming....

4 Likes

Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by cap28: 9:18am On Jun 23, 2012
Nigeria is now officially a battleground for american drones - many innocents will die because of this reckless decision by the cowardly ba.stards who claim they are running Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by 195(f): 9:19am On Jun 23, 2012
I hope they send a drone to where wizkid lives undecided
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by Nobody: 9:21am On Jun 23, 2012
Joeblis: This topic is so misleading..i thought by 2mrw we'll start seeing drones..but wait o shey na only north?
yes,na only north.
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by Domaro: 9:24am On Jun 23, 2012
Long Live UNITED STATE of BIAFRA, BABA GOD ndewoo!, Izabago ekpere unu ibe n'ekpe, oliseburuwa ekele ooooo!

4 Likes

Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by maclatunji: 9:24am On Jun 23, 2012
LOL, drones ko, nuclear submarine ni.
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by Tadup: 9:24am On Jun 23, 2012
Joeblis: This topic is so misleading..i thought by 2mrw we'll start seeing drones..but wait o shey na only north?
they will start from bayelsa
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by gbadexy(m): 9:25am On Jun 23, 2012
I am not against neutralizing menace to society, but the collateral damage of those drone attacks are high,and the highest they would do is to offer apology.
They can conduct covert operation to remove such threats, besides would the drones be flying straight from america? They would need a military base here.
I like the appeal made by Nigeria embassy to consider innocent lives, because they will bring the drones if they want irrespective of what our government says. They attacked and killed osama inside pakistan by breaching their sovereign integrity and they have been doing so in even countries like yemen without permission from their government.
However, I doubt if they can attack a suspect overtly in china or russia without permission.
All in all, america's involvement would make a difference in the war against the extremists in nigeria, but they should sha avoid innocent casualty.

3 Likes

Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 23, 2012
i still wonder why a country will decide to shoot targets in another country based on believes that the target in view is actually their intended target
what if the maths/physics goes wrong and the drone ends up in my backyard in lagos.

I imagine the tables turned and Nigeria aiming targets in Washington, and the US writing us to please make sure we dont kill innocent neighbors.
How sad and unfair!

if that will help stop these attacks, so be it. I just pray they take out the major sponsor, Mr Buhari

3 Likes

Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by bid4rich(m): 9:31am On Jun 23, 2012
All the enemy of Nigeria holding political office and as well supporting Boko Haram activities, may the drones attack find them, pieces them and send them to unprepared hell fire. Can somebody say Ameeeeen! cheesy

5 Likes

Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 23, 2012
190_@:
I hope they send a drone to where wizkid lives undecided
my point exactly.... Best post so far
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by heilige(m): 9:39am On Jun 23, 2012
Washington and Innocent bloods through drones. Covert operations will and can solve this. They only just like killing innocent people around terrorist.
Imagine densely populatedn 9ja neighboorhood. Innocent bloood. Well you people voted Jona and will propably vote him in again today.
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by mikey2fin: 9:39am On Jun 23, 2012
Why Can't This Our USELESS And CLUELESS Nigerian Governments Sees That Unity Of This Country Called Nigeria Isn't Working? Can't They Divide The Country Then All Tribes Will Take Their Own SHARE. Awusa Can Now Have MECCA And SHARIA Law In Every Family In Da North. Then There Will Be Peace, Without That, There Would No Solution To The This BOKO Killings

4 Likes

Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by drnoel: 9:40am On Jun 23, 2012
youngies: IN what seems like a tacit partial surrender of the nation’s sovereignty to the United States of America, the Nigerian Embassy in the US yesterday formally wrote to the US State Department to appeal that in the event of a US attack on targeted Boko Haram insurgents, on Nigerian soil, their innocent immediate neighbours should not be harmed.

The development comes as the Catholic Bishop Of Sokoto Diocese, Dr. Hassan Kukah, reiterated his call for dialogue with the Boko Haram sect, even while urging improved intelligence gathering.

The US had, on Thursday, placed three Boko Haram leaders—- Abubakar Shekau, Abubakar Adam Kambar and Khalid al-Barnawi—- on its terror list.

The letter from the Nigerian Embassy reads: [b]“The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Nigeria presents its compliments to the Unites States Department of State and has the honour to acknowledge the news of the implementation of Section 1B Executive Order 13224 by which the State Department declared Abubakar Shekau, Abubakar Adam Kambar and Khalid al-Barnawi as specially Designated Global Terrorists. The designation according to the Order is designed to diminish the capacity of these men who are members of Boko Haram to execute violent attacks.

“While the facts contained in the Order are not in dispute, the Embassy hereby expresses its sadness that the Boko Haram episode has led to such a declaration.

“The Embassy however wishes to assure that the Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is firmly resolved in its determination to bring an end to the destructive activities of this group. We shall continue our efforts in this direction with the active cooperation and assistance of our friends and allies especially our host government.

“The Embassy however wishes to appeal that whatever action that is eventually taken against these individuals, their immediate neighbours who have felt most the impact, but are very much vehemently opposed to the activities of Boko Hararn, should not be affected.

“The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Nigeria avails itself of this opportunity to renew to the United States Department of State, the assurances of its highest consideration.”[/b]

Military actions against terrorists in Somalia and Pakistan included drone attacks among other options under the US search and destroy objective against foreign terrorists.

Although the US State Department announcement on Thursday morning in Washington DC did not expressly say so, diplomats said yesterday that With the designation of the three Nigerians as terrorists, they now fall under the potential of direct attacks by the US government at anytime since they are now identified as enemies and threats to American’s national security interests.

More: http://channelkoos.com/index.php/news/1840-fg-writes-us-over-possible-drone-strikes-on-nigerian-soil-

now someone should tell me how these drone attacks can differentiate who is boko haram and who is not. Its obvious US would not use drones, I belive that is what the Nigeria embassy was hoping to accomplish when the sent out their letter telling them to spare lives of relatives of boko haram. Just read in-btw the lines of the thread.
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by hakwise(m): 9:40am On Jun 23, 2012
Billyonaire: Boko Haram wait there and "do God's work", the drones are coming....

No mind them jare na so so to dey lie lie abt God's work ..shee na God tell them personally to dey kill innocent souls grin by †ђξ timee †ђξ drone 'ata ma tase' starts rollin in they no go wait naa..NO BE THE PERSON WEY CAR KNOCK DWN TO NOTE THE DWN THE NUMBER PLATE grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 23, 2012
De drones? Hmmmmmmmm. Dose BH guys will be shaking wherever they are nw
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by KayDee4: 9:40am On Jun 23, 2012
Drone strikes? totally unnecessary if you ask me, and maybe ineffective because the death toll from collateral damage will far outweigh the success that will be achieved (if any) besides I doubt the US will want to get involved at that level as Boko hasn't been a direct threat to them.
Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by mu2sa2: 9:40am On Jun 23, 2012
Anyone calling for drone strikes? Pray that you or your mother, father, daughter, son or other relatives do not become the first collateral damage in a strike by pilotless planes that are controlled electronically from USA, while they do the mindless bombings 000s of miles away. In any case, only a fool will think that Boko haram will disappear even if the three named persons are killed or captured.

4 Likes

Re: FG Writes US Over Possible Drone Strikes On Nigerian Soil by maclatunji: 9:40am On Jun 23, 2012
webdezzi: i still wonder why a country will decide to shoot targets in another country based on believes that the target in view is actually their intended target
what if the maths/physics goes wrong and the drone ends up in my backyard in lagos.

I imagine the tables turned and Nigeria aiming targets in Washington, and the US writing us to please make sure we dont kill innocent neighbors.
How sad and unfair!

if that will help stop these attacks, so be it. I just pray they take out the major sponsor, Mr Buhari

I laugh in Chinese, Obama will kill the only Nigerian he officially invited to his inauguration. If Buhari is the major sponsor, then you must be the Chief Operations Officer.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Impeachment Over: Fayose Calls For Street Jubilation As APC Lawmakers End Tenure / Orubebe Is A Disgrace, Afraid Of Probe- Oshiomhole / PDP Governorship Aspirants In Anambra Primary Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.