Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,427 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:14 PM

Ndokwa People Of Delta: Interestd In Finding Out More of ur Background & Culture - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ndokwa People Of Delta: Interestd In Finding Out More of ur Background & Culture (16006 Views)

The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets / Interesting Facts About The Urhobo People Of Delta State / Brief History Of NDOKWA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndokwa People Of Delta: Interestd In Finding Out More of ur Background & Culture by drnoel: 5:26am On Oct 16, 2014
AndreUweh:
@Dronel, you can know where Ndokwa is located on the map here. Look at the south west of the map, KWALE is the exact location of Ndokwa.
Just as there are many dialects in Igboland, Ndokwaland has its own unique dialect called Ukwuani.

True but the tribes kwale and aboh are different are they not?
Re: Ndokwa People Of Delta: Interestd In Finding Out More of ur Background & Culture by Ishilove: 6:50am On Oct 16, 2014
equlibrium:

hahahaha
down girl, down!!! grin
He's a bum
Re: Ndokwa People Of Delta: Interestd In Finding Out More of ur Background & Culture by vickyO(f): 12:40pm On Oct 17, 2014
Ishilove:

This is what happens when fucktards gain access to the internet...

Why not dig up information for the op and quit being a incomparably premium, first class, pain-in-the-neck dickhead? It doesn't profit anything being a jerk, so stop auditioning for the role of Local Assshole and get to the researching! Sheesh.

Straight to tha bones!!!
Re: Ndokwa People Of Delta: Interestd In Finding Out More of ur Background & Culture by victor1464(m): 3:27pm On Oct 26, 2014
pazienza:

When the time is right,you and your types in ukwuani,will be reminded of how your ancestors came there. Enjoy one nigeria,while it lasts.
fake story about UKWUANI...I WONDER WHERE THEY AR GETTING ALL DIS fake HISTORY 4RM! DEY dont live in d land,they stay abroad..how com dey r writin from a far distance about a people dey don live wit??we r ndokwa and not igbo ok.

1 Like

Re: Ndokwa People Of Delta: Interestd In Finding Out More of ur Background & Culture by victor1464(m): 3:27pm On Oct 26, 2014
pazienza:

When the time is right,you and your types in ukwuani,will be reminded of how your ancestors came there. Enjoy one nigeria,while it lasts.
fake story about UKWUANI...I WONDER WHERE THEY AR GETTING ALL DIS fake HISTORY 4RM! DEY dont live in d land,they stay abroad..how com dey r writin from a far distance about a people dey don live wit??we r ukwuani/ndokwa and not igbo ok

1 Like

Re: Ndokwa People Of Delta: Interestd In Finding Out More of ur Background & Culture by victor1464(m): 3:30pm On Oct 26, 2014
pazienza:

fake story about UKWUANI...I WONDER WHERE THEY AR GETTING ALL DIS fake HISTORY 4RM! DEY dont live in d land,they stay abroad..how com dey r writin from a far distance about a people dey don live wit??we r ukwuani/ndokwa and not igbo ok.4get about similarity.d difference is very much.character,music,culture,dressin,food,etc

1 Like

Re: Ndokwa People Of Delta: Interestd In Finding Out More of ur Background & Culture by victor1464(m): 3:40pm On Oct 26, 2014
drnoel:

Hey there, let me appologise to u just in case u felt insulted by any person on this thread but pls don't derail my topic. I came here to acquire more information on a certain group of people, so please respect other people and try not to throw insults.
i wonder if there is somtin very much important about my people(ukwuani)...if its not too important,then y discussin ndokwa on nairaland all d time.THIS IS JUST ILENAMA(amebo)...please leave ukwuani people alone..we r not igbo despite our similarity..d difference(style,dressin,culture,music,food,character,etc) is much difference is more dan similarity wit igbo..we r ukwuani people and not igbo..stop Gossiping..we will neva allow a foreigner to joke with or rewrite our history..tnks

2 Likes

Re: Ndokwa People Of Delta: Interestd In Finding Out More of ur Background & Culture by drnoel: 3:44pm On Oct 26, 2014
victor1464:
i wonder if there is somtin very much important about my people(ukwuani)...if its not too important,then y discussin ndokwa on nairaland all d time.THIS IS JUST ILENAMA(amebo)...please leave ukwuani people alone..we r not igbo despite our similarity..d difference(style,dressin,culture,music,food,character,etc) is much difference is more dan similarity wit igbo..we r ukwuani people and not igbo..stop Gossiping

With all due respect. I don't agree with u.

1 Like

Re: Ndokwa People Of Delta: Interestd In Finding Out More of ur Background & Culture by victor1464(m): 3:46pm On Oct 26, 2014
drnoel:

With all due respect. I don't agree with u.
why do u say so?? Becos there is no history of any major community in ukwuani land that trace igbo land as their origin..only just few and it is those along d river banks.

1 Like

Re: Ndokwa People Of Delta: Interestd In Finding Out More of ur Background & Culture by victor1464(m): 7:39pm On Oct 26, 2014
drnoel:

True but the tribes kwale and aboh are different are they not?
ukwuani not kwale please...both r d same people but d hav little variation in their dialect which makes it aboh/ndoni dialect of ukwuani language.we also hv ossisa,akashiada,& utagba dialect which has majority speakers...all dis dialect makes up wat is called ukwuani language..D utagba dialect is bin used as a standard in learnin and teaching d ukwuani language in Ndokwa land because it has majority of speakers.all d other speakers understands it...d aboh speaker r simply know as NDOsumili,and d UKWUA-ni speakers.both name was merged to form wat is called NDO-KWA.all r one people.dey understand dem selves...its just like d various dialects of uhrobo(okpe,uvwie,etc).dey r one people

1 Like

Re: Ndokwa People Of Delta: Interestd In Finding Out More of ur Background & Culture by drnoel: 9:44pm On Oct 26, 2014
victor1464:
ukwuani not kwale please...both r d same people but d hav little variation in their ukwuani which makes it aboh dialect of ukwuani.we also hv ossisa and akashiada dialect,and d utagba dialect which has major speakers...all dis dialect makes up wat is called ukwuani language..D utagba dialect is wat is bin used 2day in ukwuani land as it stands as it has majority of speakers.all d other speakers understands it...

That's where u are wrong. They are not the same people though have similar dialect.
Re: Ndokwa People Of Delta: Interestd In Finding Out More of ur Background & Culture by victor1464(m): 9:49pm On Oct 26, 2014
drnoel:

That's where u are wrong. They are not the same people though have similar dialect.
im 4rm Ndokwa.were r u 4rm??

1 Like

Re: Ndokwa People Of Delta: Interestd In Finding Out More of ur Background & Culture by drnoel: 7:21am On Oct 27, 2014
victor1464:
im 4rm Ndokwa.were r u 4rm??
I can tell u aboh but how do u know 4 sure. Just like how do I know 4 certain that u really are from ndokwa. We are here for one purpose and that's to learn, rub mind 2gether. Pls don't turn it to the usual NL free 4 all.
Re: Ndokwa People Of Delta: Interestd In Finding Out More of ur Background & Culture by drnoel: 12:43pm On Oct 28, 2014
victor1464:
why do u say so?? Becos there is no history of any major community in ukwuani land that trace igbo land as their origin..only just few and it is those along d river banks.

Really pls tell us more.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? / How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate? / The Future Of Igbo Highlife Music

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.