Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,399 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

The List Of Richest Women In Nigeria, Please Make Your Own Contribution - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The List Of Richest Women In Nigeria, Please Make Your Own Contribution (47240 Views)

Forbes 2015 Billionaires List Released. 5 Nigerians Made The List / What Can He Do With His 350k Contribution? / Price Of A Young Calf? And More Info About Cattle Farming In Nigeria please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The List Of Richest Women In Nigeria, Please Make Your Own Contribution by gerald28: 5:08pm On Jun 23, 2012
There are hard working women in Nigeria that are billionaires in all standard. I am not talking about women who stole public funds, I am talking about women who made it big by dint of hard work. Please make your own contribution. Below are the women that came to my mind.

1. mrs Okoli, the founder and Ceo of Emzor pharmaceutical company.

2. The current Aviation minister, she is the ceo of a leading oil and gas company in Nigeria, even before she was appointed as minister.

I know there are other women that are out there who are making waves in their businesses. Please feel free to list the here.
Re: The List Of Richest Women In Nigeria, Please Make Your Own Contribution by emiwanlee(m): 5:19pm On Jun 23, 2012
The current aviation minister whose husband was the former potroleum minister. Have your love for her blinded your sense of history?

4 Likes

Re: The List Of Richest Women In Nigeria, Please Make Your Own Contribution by DonaldGenes(m): 5:31pm On Jun 23, 2012
emiwanlee: The current aviation minister whose husband was the former potroleum minister. Have your love for her blinded your sense of history?
lol naija ppl
Re: The List Of Richest Women In Nigeria, Please Make Your Own Contribution by Delafruita(m): 5:56pm On Jun 23, 2012
whats the point of this?you cant just opine that some women are the richest without any figures to back your opinion.if you're so interested in the richest women in nigeria,take your time to do your research
Re: The List Of Richest Women In Nigeria, Please Make Your Own Contribution by Delafruita(m): 6:02pm On Jun 23, 2012
just to help you out,hajiya mariya dantata should be nigeria's richest woman
Re: The List Of Richest Women In Nigeria, Please Make Your Own Contribution by Nobody: 12:22am On Jun 24, 2012
gerald28: There are hard working women in Nigeria that are billionaires in all standard. I am not talking about women who stole public funds, I am talking about women who made it big by dint of hard work. Please make your own contribution. Below are the women that came to my mind.

1. mrs Okoli, the founder and Ceo of Emzor pharmaceutical company.

2. The current Aviation minister, she is the ceo of a leading oil and gas company in Nigeria, even before she was appointed as minister.

I know there are other women that are out there who are making waves in their businesses. Please feel free to list the here.
Ahahahahaha the current Aviation Minister owns SPG and I do business with that company, she is a billionaire no doubts but dont even go there when talking about sincerity of source of funds, we know the drift.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The List Of Richest Women In Nigeria, Please Make Your Own Contribution by Abdulrabo1: 2:06am On Jun 24, 2012
Mrs Kachikwu: Formeer CEO of stanbic bank

Mrs Daisy Danjuma: senator/ wife of T.Y Danjuma

Bola Sagaya: Socialite extraordinaire/ Oil block owner

Mrs Bimbo Alase: CEO of Leatherworld and Concourse industries.

Mrs Palebo Banigo

Mrs Diezani Madueke

Alhaja Washishi
Re: The List Of Richest Women In Nigeria, Please Make Your Own Contribution by Murphy7h4: 2:22am On Jun 24, 2012
Re: The List Of Richest Women In Nigeria, Please Make Your Own Contribution by tpia5: 7:18am On Jun 24, 2012
oprah.
Re: The List Of Richest Women In Nigeria, Please Make Your Own Contribution by Nobody: 7:44am On Jun 24, 2012
daisy danjuma stinking rich woman
Re: The List Of Richest Women In Nigeria, Please Make Your Own Contribution by Nobody: 8:31am On Jun 24, 2012
Billyonaire: Ahahahahaha the current Aviation Minister owns SPG and I do business with that company, she is a billionaire no doubts but dont even go there when talking about sincerity of source of funds, we know the drift.

Oga billionaire, abeg give us gist. I've alway been suspicious of this Princess Stella Oduah. . .something about her gives me the chills. The woman is an Agballa Nwanyi. Let us know the 'drift' abeg.

@ Topic, if we're going to discuss the richest Nigerian women, I'm sure you realise you must leave out women that are married to rich men - it's their husband's wealth, not theirs. Except the husbands are dead - e.g. Mariam Abacha.

Some of the women I am SURE are self-made multi-billionaires (self made as in not through their husbands or inheritance oh) are listed below. Don't ask me for 'source' oh, cos my estimations are merely conjectural, albeit enlightened conjectures based on underground info at my disposal.

1. Hajiya Bola Shagaya (this woman is the consummate power broker and business-front for the powers that be, since the IBB days. She should be worth nothing less than $300m).

2. Senator Florence Ita Giwa (she co-owns an oil block that sh1ts royalties of about $5m monthly)

3. Fifi Ejindu (this Efik babe is wickedly connected, with mad contracts pouring from the Federal and state governments since the Abacha days till now; she is easily worth at least $100m)

4. Cecilia Ibru (the disgraced ex-banker had some of her assets confiscated by the EFCC during her ordeal, but she is still easily worth somewhere around a hundred million dollars, independent of Olorogun Michael Ibru's wealth)

There are a few other women I know of that are entirely self-made and worth billions of Naira; many of them are contract-hunters, business fronts, and mistresses to powers that be in Abuja. You'd be shocked to know how many of such 'strong' women own their own mansions in Banana Island, Maitama et al. All hail Naija women. . .dem no dey carry last.

1 Like

Re: The List Of Richest Women In Nigeria, Please Make Your Own Contribution by Thomas15(m): 9:34am On Jun 24, 2012
2011 Tokunbo Toyota camry for sale urgently at 3.5M. Amount negotiable. See pics below. Call 07068526306 or add on BBM 2222CF17 if interested.

Re: The List Of Richest Women In Nigeria, Please Make Your Own Contribution by Festac771: 10:54am On Jun 24, 2012
Please give it to,Princess Stella Ada Odua from Anambra by Birth, should be the richest woman in Nigeria,I met this woman first in 1996 at Tans Amadi layout Portharcourt where her company is located,she married former minister of work sate under Yar Adua about 4 or 6 years ago,she is already a billonaire before she got married to the former minister from Edo,she co-sponsored Neighbour 2 Neighbour during the 2011 Goodluck Jonathan Election campaign,I believe she spent over 2 billion in that advert,Please go to Apapa you will see her Tank farm and vessels,I dont want to mention her company's name.This woman is a hard working woman and the richest woman in Nigeria.
Re: The List Of Richest Women In Nigeria, Please Make Your Own Contribution by gerald28: 1:09pm On Jun 24, 2012
pro01:

Oga billionaire, abeg give us gist. I've alway been suspicious of this Princess Stella Oduah. . .something about her gives me the chills. The woman is an Agballa Nwanyi. Let us know the 'drift' abeg.

@ Topic, if we're going to discuss the richest Nigerian women, I'm sure you realise you must leave out women that are married to rich men - it's their husband's wealth, not theirs. Except the husbands are dead - e.g. Mariam Abacha.

Some of the women I am SURE are self-made multi-billionaires (self made as in not through their husbands or inheritance oh) are listed below. Don't ask me for 'source' oh, cos my estimations are merely conjectural, albeit enlightened conjectures based on underground info at my disposal.

1. Hajiya Bola Shagaya (this woman is the consummate power broker and business-front for the powers that be, since the IBB days. She should be worth nothing less than $300m).

2. Senator Florence Ita Giwa (she co-owns an oil block that sh1ts royalties of about $5m monthly)

3. Fifi Ejindu (this Efik babe is wickedly connected, with mad contracts pouring from the Federal and state governments since the Abacha days till now; she is easily worth at least $100m)

4. Cecilia Ibru (the disgraced ex-banker had some of her assets confiscated by the EFCC during her ordeal, but she is still easily worth somewhere around a hundred million dollars, independent of Olorogun Michael Ibru's wealth)

There are a few other women I know of that are entirely self-made and worth billions of Naira; many of them are contract-hunters, business fronts, and mistresses to powers that be in Abuja. You'd be shocked to know how many of such 'strong' women own their own mansions in Banana Island, Maitama et al. All hail Naija women. . .dem no dey carry last.

My guy, you cannot compare the two women I mentioned to your fifi ejindu and florence ita giwa.
Re: The List Of Richest Women In Nigeria, Please Make Your Own Contribution by gerald28: 1:30pm On Jun 24, 2012
The battle lines seem to have been drawn between two of the most powerful women in Nigeria, over who is more influential with first lady, Dame Patience Jonathan. The rumpus between the two women who play in the oil and gas sector as well as in real estate is over who would “control” Patience Jonathan, and by extrapolation, President Goodluck Jonathan.

Aso Villa sources told Huhuonline.com that the “Queen of Luxury,” Hajia Muinat Bola Shagaya, who sits atop Bolmus Group International with interests in photography, oil and gas, real estate, banking and communications, and said to be very close to and has the ears of Dame Jonathan is up in arms against Princess Stella Oduah-Ogiemwonyi, recently appointed Aviation Minister from Anambra State but married to an Edo man. She too, is an equally big player in the oil and gas sector with her Sea Petroleum Group and also has strong real estate credentials.

The adage by Henry Adams that “a friend in power is lost,” has been proven wrong by the bond of friendship that currently exists between Dame Patience Jonathan, Nigeria’s first Lady and the quintessential businesswoman Hajia Bola Shagaya. Their relationship, which seems to be made in heaven, is also publicly proclaimed by the first lady on a number of occasions. Those who have spotted them stepping out to occasions, sometimes wearing the same outfits, have revealed that they get along so well that when they are out together, in and out of the country, they form an incredible glamorous pair. Another striking thing about them is that on the social scene, they constantly prove that age is not a limit to glamour, by exuding so much poise and freshness. Those in the know reveal that Dame respects Bola because she sips from her fountain of experience.

Huhuonline.com understands that although the two women have been close for many years, there is so much fear that their friendship may not stand the test of time. And this has given rise to the speculations flying around that Patience may be forced to dump Hajia Bola for Princess Stella Ogiemwonyi. Close family friends to the first family are wary that Shagaya is trying to rehash the old lessons from her playbook. Shagaya is renowned for romancing and courting people within the corridors of power to solicit for contracts and political patronage. She is said to be an expert in “bottom power” eccentricities and will stop at nothing in her quest for material and financial gain.

Shagaya’s romance with power dates back to the 1980s during the reign of Ibrahim Babaginda, where she courted and became personal friends with the then first lady, Maryam Babaginda. Not only that, Hajia Bola Shagaya also engaged in several business deals on behalf of the family. Her son, Sherrif, and Aminu Babangida, were once best of friends and ran a joint oil servicing company in Abuja. After Babaginda, Bola Shagaya courted and warmed her way into the closet of then first lady, Stella Obasanjo. It was gathered that the billionaire businesswoman was very close to Stella and acted as front for her in most of their business dealings. Moreover, Shagaya was always in Stella Obasanjo’s entourage and she junketed the globe with her, helping her to buy expensive diamonds in Italy, Dubai and Lebanon.

In 2007, after the late President Umaru Musa Yar’adua came to power, Shagaya shifted camp and became a close friend to his wife, Hajia Turai. Huhuonline.com learnt that she even hosted a series of parties on her behalf. And she was always quick to flaunt her closeness with Turai. But Hajia Shagaya was incensed when it became evident that the former first lady was not interested in assisting or entertaining any patronage from anyone. Moreover, the likes of Toyin Fagbayi, who was the closest person to Turai at that time, blocked Hajia Shagaya’s chances of enjoying patronage from Turai.

It didn’t then come as a surprise to most people when Goodluck Jonathan assumed the position of power and Hajia Shagaya emerged as a close ally of his wife. Ever since the tide changed in favor of the Jonathans, Hajia Shagaya has become a permanent item in their family. It is gathered that she acts a front for the first lady and they do many business deals together.

How the current schism with Princess Stella Ogiemwonyi will play out remains to be seen, but it is evident that we are yet to hear the last of the unfolding drama now that the battle lines are pitched. The Princess has the pulpit of cabinet Minister of a strategic Ministry and enjoys the President’s confidence, but whether this will translate into social capital with the first lady is anyone’s guess.
Re: The List Of Richest Women In Nigeria, Please Make Your Own Contribution by BecaciaBarbie(f): 2:46pm On Jun 24, 2012
emiwanlee: The current aviation minister whose husband was the former potroleum minister. Have your love for her blinded your sense of history?
grin
Re: The List Of Richest Women In Nigeria, Please Make Your Own Contribution by Etuksbaba: 10:00am On Jun 30, 2012
:-XNa wa ooooooo
Re: The List Of Richest Women In Nigeria, Please Make Your Own Contribution by Murphy7h4: 10:12am On Jun 30, 2012
Re: The List Of Richest Women In Nigeria, Please Make Your Own Contribution by opeoluwae: 1:25am On Sep 09, 2013
check out more on bola shagaya here no be small thing
Re: The List Of Richest Women In Nigeria, Please Make Your Own Contribution by jiggo(m): 12:04pm On Jan 03, 2014
where una put Folorunsho Alakija? the richest woman

1 Like

Re: The List Of Richest Women In Nigeria, Please Make Your Own Contribution by AgbonayeOsaru: 9:11am On Jul 14, 2015
marketnaija.com

Nigeria's Online Shopping Centre

Designed to help people trade on a local level. Allowing people to buy products cheaper than local stores while also providing them with free delivery.

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Solar Power Not Commonly Used In Nigeria? / List Of Genuine Online Businesses You Can Do / An Overcrowded Street Market In Port-Harcourt, Rivers State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.