Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria (46774 Views)

Fidelity Bank, Best Bank To Work For In Nigeria – Survey / Top 100 Best Companies/firms To Work For In Nigeria / Nigeria Best Companies To Work For, 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by shakomende: 10:29pm On Jun 23, 2012
Great Place to Work® Institute Nigeria recently compiled a list of the “Best Workplaces in Nigeria”. The list was published as a Special National Report in The Globe and Mail on April 19, 2012.

This year’s list recognizes 10 Best Workplaces in Nigeria. Find the top 10 companies below.

1. GUINNESS NIGERIA PLC

www.guinness-nigeria.com/
Industry: Manufacturing & Production – Food products
Ownership: Publicly quoted/held

2. First Bank of Nigeria Plc

www.firstbanknigeria.com/
Industry: Financial Services & Insurance – Banking/Credit Services

3. Guaranty Trust Assurance Plc

www.gtassur.com/
Industry: Financial Services & Insurance

4. ACCENTURE NIGERIA

www.accenture.com/ng-en/Pages/index.aspx
Industry: Information Technology – IT Consulting

5. Fidelity Bank Plc

www.fidelitybankplc.com/

6. Lagos Business School

www.lbs.edu.ng/
Industry: Education & Training

7. FITC Financial Institutions Training Center

www.fitc-ng.com/index.asp
Industry: Financial Services & Insurance
Ownership: Non-profit

8. TOTAL NIGERIA

www.ng.total.com/
Industry: Manufacturing & Production – Coke, refined petroleum products and nuclear fuel

9. Access Bank Plc

www.accessbankplc.com/default.aspx

10. GLAXOSMITHKLINE CONSUMER

www.gsk.com/ng/
Industry: Health Care

What do you think? Do you agree with the ranking?
http://www.cp-africa.com/2012/06/23/the-top-10-best-companies-to-work-for-in-nigeria/
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by Seun(m): 10:31pm On Jun 23, 2012
What's the list based on?
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by Akdams(m): 11:39pm On Jun 23, 2012
Definitely not in terms of job security becos banks are there. And not in terms of pay becos companies like first bank doesn't pay like that. So what's the criteria.

2 Likes

Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by bisi16(m): 11:47pm On Jun 23, 2012
Akdams: Definitely not in terms of job security becos banks are there. And not in terms of pay becos companies like first bank doesn't pay like that. So what's the criteria.
1st bank is d highest payn bank in Naija now o!

5 Likes

Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by nitrogen(m): 11:52pm On Jun 23, 2012
I comment my reserve on this.

2 Likes

Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by Obstey01: 1:19am On Jun 24, 2012
This is funny....... Won't totally agree with d list. Wanna believe there are still several companies here in naija whose offer are far better compared to that of those on the list

1 Like

Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by deor03(m): 1:22am On Jun 24, 2012
The fact that we have banks on the list , shows that this is not a correct assessment.

2 Likes

Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by Breed(m): 4:02am On Jun 24, 2012
Companies have to register with a fee to be considered.

Majority of companies are not registered.

2 Likes

Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by Konnektions146(m): 2:44pm On Jun 24, 2012
sometimes earlier dis year, de institute stated above listed companies and den de staff of de companies had to open a link sent to dem via email to fill a form and some form of testimony and i guesss it was collated and thats how dat came to be.
it was de staff testimony dat got de result as u saw.
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by spyder880(m): 5:41pm On Jun 24, 2012
Nigerian Breweries?

1 Like

Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by stagger: 5:43pm On Jun 24, 2012
This list is BS.

Government parastatals are the best places to work. Does anyone know what a worker in AMCON is paid? Some of you need to go and take a look at some of these specialized government agencies and see what is happening.

5 Likes

Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by chikeorji123(m): 5:44pm On Jun 24, 2012
Even some companies at village are better than these listed here
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by slimming: 5:45pm On Jun 24, 2012
Great.
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by newmaonza: 5:48pm On Jun 24, 2012
They have started dis award things again, God knows dat in dis country EMPTY VESSELS seek d most Attentiön
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by buchio7(m): 5:51pm On Jun 24, 2012
i greet ohhhhhh bt dis una list no talk d whole truth....companies like
shell
,mobil
,conoco phillips,
baker hughes,
etisalat,
Citibank,
Etc shd be on dat list. Then when u talk abt govt agencies u shd hav mentioned

Ncc
Nnpc
Nlng
Brass lng
Napims
Nimasa
Foreign affairs etc

my list is based on d following
Job security
Trainings
Benefits e.g.medical,housing,relocation
Salary

So ur list is totally flawed based on d above criteria i mentioned

11 Likes

Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by pes7md2010: 5:55pm On Jun 24, 2012
So far, i agree with Guiness. Its a great company to work with as they pay well and have good working conditions
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 24, 2012
y'all are making a flawed assumption that high paying companies are the best places to work

there are several things to look at

work life balance
remuneration
opportunities for advancement
family friendly
culture

etc

2 Likes

Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by Tadup: 5:57pm On Jun 24, 2012
Obstey01: This is funny....... Won't totally agree with d list. Wanna believe there are still several companies here in naija whose offer are far better compared to that of those on the list
such as shell, mtn, lng, nnpc etc
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 24, 2012
Hmmn...Nigeria has no pension guarantees, actually, its better to be self-employed.

1 Like

Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by lifestyle1(m): 6:00pm On Jun 24, 2012
nitrogen: I comment my reserve on this.

Are you drunk ?

4 Likes

Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by Maxdiamond(m): 6:00pm On Jun 24, 2012
Dis list is pure rubbish & again,its involve "do or die" b4 sum1 can work with does companies.why are they d best when they are not pure in d way and manner they recruit applicant.u must know sum1 b4 u can work with them.i tire 4 dis country..i am max'diamond
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 24, 2012
my company is paying me well
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:05pm On Jun 24, 2012
toba: my company is paying me well
so is mine and it is not on this list grin
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by queensmith: 6:07pm On Jun 24, 2012
Is there a Nigerian version of the ftse? I'd like to see that.

And why is it only 10, why not 100?

and yes how was this list put together? Whoever paid most for advertising?
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by osazeeiyeks(m): 6:12pm On Jun 24, 2012
I beg to add honeywell flour mills to the list.d company is doing well in its sector.

1 Like

Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by gabman700: 6:15pm On Jun 24, 2012
life_style:

Are you drunk ?

perhaps its the effect of ganja
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by gabman700: 6:18pm On Jun 24, 2012
nitrogen: I comment my reserve on this.

Lesson to learn: Dont type while smoking & dont smoke while typing.

3 Likes

Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by JideTheBlogger(m): 6:19pm On Jun 24, 2012
how are we sure this list was not FAROUKalized? grin
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by skipo87(m): 6:22pm On Jun 24, 2012
Where is Dangote on this list?

Na wa o. ItS obviously nt a true ranking list.

1 Like

Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by ZEN(m): 6:39pm On Jun 24, 2012
I am in one of the aforementioned coys.I know for a fact that at some point in time we were asked to vote for my coy for the awards.I guess our votes alongside other indices which I am not privy to was used.
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by tyor: 6:43pm On Jun 24, 2012
That list is fairly objective. The best places to work is totally dependent on a number of factors.

The best companies are not even on the LIST.... The following are the factor I consider as criteria.

1. Reward and Appraisal system (not a place u have to kiss asses before getting promoted)
2. Training and development (a place where a Finance staff is given ONLY 2days to write ICAN/ACCA is not a good company by all measures)
3. Work-life balance (some companies make you work late hours during peak period but would make you take days-off after ur deadline)
4. Salary (good pay)
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by HighChief4(m): 6:44pm On Jun 24, 2012
I dont know about the rest companies, but TOTAL is about the best oil company to work with in Nigeria. #FACT

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign / Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here / Female Graduate Hawks Food In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.