Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,758 members, 7,798,536 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria (46761 Views)

Fidelity Bank, Best Bank To Work For In Nigeria – Survey / Top 100 Best Companies/firms To Work For In Nigeria / Nigeria Best Companies To Work For, 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by slimyem: 6:57pm On Jun 24, 2012
gabman700:

Lesson to learn: Dont type while smoking & dont smoke while typing.
life_style:

Are you drunk ?
gabman700:

perhaps its the effect of ganja
stop being uptight you two!
It wasn't a mistake on that poster's part.it was a delibrate reversal attempt at humour!

2 Likes

Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by Phonon: 6:58pm On Jun 24, 2012
That list is severely flawed.Anyway,what do I know?This is my personal list of top companies to work for in Nigeria and it is based on career progression,good remuneration(including pension,health benefits etc),brand value and meritocracy.This list is not exhaustive and is in no particular order.

1.Mckinsey & Co.
2.Accenture
3.Citibank
4.Ericsson
5.GE
6.Aviat Networks

I am excluding oil and gas companies because I think the only attractive point is the huge wages.Career progression is slow if not non-existent.
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by Teeyoung1(m): 6:59pm On Jun 24, 2012
Gud evening house.
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by Joey82(m): 7:00pm On Jun 24, 2012
pes7md2010: So far, i agree with Guiness. Its a great company to work with as they pay well and have good working conditions

lmao, do u work there?
depends on the dept u work o, if u are in sales. life go tire u o,
u dont get to sleep as your major work is at nite, ur wife go tire for u o.
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jun 24, 2012
slimyem: stop being uptight you two!
It wasn't a mistake on that poster's part.it was a delibrate reversal attempt at humour!
tanx slim, that's exactly what I wanted to write b4 I saw ur comment. Its a pity they didn't get it.
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by maybel(m): 7:01pm On Jun 24, 2012
nitrogen: I comment my reserve on this.
Did u mean to say "i reserve my comment"?

1 Like

Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by Paentera(m): 7:03pm On Jun 24, 2012
Biko, commot Access Bank for that list sharp sharp. Access ko, Blockage ni. They're slave drivers and do not have ideal working conditions. It has nothing to do with them letting go of IB Plc staff earlier this year. For those with good knowledge of the banking industry, if you're introduced as a staff of Access bank, you immediately get a look of pity and then you're asked - how do you cope?

That cannot be a top 10 place to work in Nigeria for sure. GTB tops them any time T.

2 Likes

Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by cap28: 7:04pm On Jun 24, 2012
Don't you mean top ten plantations owned by massa to work for?

Isnt it funny how no nigerian owned companies are on that list - Nigerians forever being used as cheap labour in order to amass huge profit for their european/american masters.
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by queensmith: 7:08pm On Jun 24, 2012
cap28: Don't you mean top ten plantations owned by massa to work for?

Isnt it funny how no nigerian owned companies are on that list - Nigerians forever being used as cheap labour in order to amass huge profit for their european/american masters.

OMG! OMG! lmfao! *straight face* it's not actually funny lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by chocplum(f): 7:12pm On Jun 24, 2012
[quote author=nitrogen]I comment my reserve on this.

Don't get, ȋ̝̊̅§ this supposed to be funny? undecided
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by zeembab(m): 7:12pm On Jun 24, 2012
I wonder how Access bank got on the list....cos is one of the most f*cked
up place to work in Nigeria. They have a very good CEO, a visionary with impecabble integrity.
But beyond, there is nothing like work/life balance in Access bank. And you are lucky if you have
a supervisor that allow you to close at 7.0 pm even if you resume at 6 am.

1 Like

Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by cap28: 7:17pm On Jun 24, 2012
queensmith:

OMG! OMG! lmfao! *straight face* it's not actually funny lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

No its not actually funny - so why are you struggling to keep your fat face "straight"?
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by cap28: 7:20pm On Jun 24, 2012
^^^ that was a joke by the way queensmith - i dont know whether your face is fat or slim cos i've never met you.
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by chocplum(f): 7:24pm On Jun 24, 2012
Paentera: Biko, commot Access Bank for that list sharp sharp. Access ko, Blockage ni. They're slave drivers and do not have ideal working conditions. It has nothing to do with them letting go of IB Plc staff earlier this year. For those with good knowledge of the banking industry, if you're introduced as a staff of Access bank, you immediately get a look of pity and then you're asked - how do you cope?

That cannot be a top 10 place to work in Nigeria for sure. GTB tops them any time T.

Ɣ☺ΰ harsh O°˚˚˚!
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by queensmith: 7:26pm On Jun 24, 2012
cap28:

No its not actually funny - so why are you struggling to keep your fat face "straight"?

It's a very coon thing to say. . . . .so in an attempt to highlight coon behavior you proved yourself more of a coon than ever.

The irony is hilarious. . . . .
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by dirahm: 7:27pm On Jun 24, 2012
Max'diamond:
Dis list is pure rubbish & again,its involve "do or die" b4 sum1 can work with does companies.why are they d best when they are not pure in d way and manner they recruit applicant.u must know sum1 b4 u can work with them.i tire 4 dis country..i am max'diamond

I work with one of the named companies and l can truthfully tell you that l didnt know anyone to get the job. As for the rating, its so on point regardless of contrary opinions!
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by MrCork17: 7:31pm On Jun 24, 2012
ok am from London. do companies in Nigeria hav lifts? becoz i remebered walkin the staircase to 25th floor last time i went undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by tessyade: 7:33pm On Jun 24, 2012
I agree with Guinness, Total and maybe First Bank. Others are on their own.
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jun 24, 2012
The inclusion of access bank plc derailed the list
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by Chuks0485: 7:39pm On Jun 24, 2012
nitrogen: I comment my reserve on this.
r u still standing or u r standing still?
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by FEMARY1: 7:43pm On Jun 24, 2012
What parameters did you use in arriving at this list?
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by cap28: 7:46pm On Jun 24, 2012
queensmith:

It's a very coon thing to say. . . . .so in an attempt to highlight coon behavior you proved yourself more of a coon than ever.

The irony is hilarious. . . . .

hey babe it was a joke now - am i forgiven my queen?
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jun 24, 2012
shakomende: Great Place to Work® Institute Nigeria recently compiled a list of the “Best Workplaces in Nigeria”. The list was published as a Special National Report in The Globe and Mail on April 19, 2012.

This year’s list recognizes 10 Best Workplaces in Nigeria. Find the top 10 companies below.

1. GUINNESS NIGERIA PLC

www.guinness-nigeria.com/
Industry: Manufacturing & Production – Food products
Ownership: Publicly quoted/held

2. First Bank of Nigeria Plc

www.firstbanknigeria.com/
Industry: Financial Services & Insurance – Banking/Credit Services

3. Guaranty Trust Assurance Plc

www.gtassur.com/
Industry: Financial Services & Insurance

4. ACCENTURE NIGERIA

www.accenture.com/ng-en/Pages/index.aspx
Industry: Information Technology – IT Consulting

5. Fidelity Bank Plc

www.fidelitybankplc.com/

6. Lagos Business School

www.lbs.edu.ng/
Industry: Education & Training

7. FITC Financial Institutions Training Center

www.fitc-ng.com/index.asp
Industry: Financial Services & Insurance
Ownership: Non-profit

8. TOTAL NIGERIA

www.ng.total.com/
Industry: Manufacturing & Production – Coke, refined petroleum products and nuclear fuel

9. Access Bank Plc

www.accessbankplc.com/default.aspx

10. GLAXOSMITHKLINE CONSUMER

www.gsk.com/ng/
Industry: Health Care

What do you think? Do you agree with the ranking?
http://www.cp-africa.com/2012/06/23/the-top-10-best-companies-to-work-for-in-nigeria/

Hahaha, where is Federal Government of Nigeria PLC on your list ?
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by baruwainfo: 7:48pm On Jun 24, 2012
Dis is a wrong assessment b/c Union Bank Plc is not on d list
WHY!!!
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by dirahm: 7:50pm On Jun 24, 2012
Max'diamond:
Dis list is pure rubbish & again,its involve "do or die" b4 sum1 can work with does companies.why are they d best when they are not pure in d way and manner they recruit applicant.u must know sum1 b4 u can work with them.i tire 4 dis country..i am max'diamond
I work 4 one of those coys & truthfully, didnt have to knw anyone to get d job. As 4 d list, it sure has credence regardless of contrary opinions!
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by ikachi1: 7:53pm On Jun 24, 2012
life_style:

Are you drunk ?

He meant to say "I this my comment on reserve" Haba! Leave the poor guy alone Jare!
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by cap28: 7:53pm On Jun 24, 2012
my queen - i apologise if i offended you.

answer me now!
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 24, 2012
gabman700:

Lesson to learn: Dont type while smoking & dont smoke while typing.
you guys should free the guy naw?he's joking and you are all taking it serious.na soso oversabi dey worry una.

1 Like

Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by emmke(m): 8:01pm On Jun 24, 2012
Naija, everything na magomago. To put up a simple list such as this magomago must dey. SMH
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by 2good(m): 8:20pm On Jun 24, 2012
Phonon: That list is severely flawed.Anyway,what do I know?This is my personal list of top companies to work for in Nigeria and it is based on career progression,good remuneration(including pension,health benefits etc),brand value and meritocracy.This list is not exhaustive and is in no particular order.

1.Mckinsey & Co.
2.Accenture
3.Citibank
4.Ericsson
5.GE
6.Aviat Networks

I am excluding oil and gas companies because I think the only attractive point is the huge wages.Career progression is slow if not non-existent.

I worked for Citibank in Nigeria and I will say it is a crappy place to work. So much politics and the Nigerian factor at play there and worst of all, salary is crappy. I actually left Citibank for Equitorial Trust Bank back then. The oil and gas sector is still the best place to work in terms of training, renumeration, career advancement etc. There is always politics everywhere but the oil and gas industry is still the best.
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by nitrogen(m): 8:27pm On Jun 24, 2012
slimyem: stop being uptight you two!
Thanks jare, they never did comprehend that, they no 'jasi'.

1 Like

Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by victichy: 8:31pm On Jun 24, 2012
the list is so not correct. Why are my not seeing company like Total there?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign / Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here / Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.