Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,248 members, 7,807,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria (46772 Views)

Fidelity Bank, Best Bank To Work For In Nigeria – Survey / Top 100 Best Companies/firms To Work For In Nigeria / Nigeria Best Companies To Work For, 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by Konnektions146(m): 8:31pm On Jun 24, 2012
skipo87: Where is Dangote on this list?

Na wa o. ItS obviously nt a true ranking list.

dd i hear u say Dangote with those indians dere dont mention it at alllll

2 Likes

Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by cardoso111(m): 8:36pm On Jun 24, 2012
That must have been a village list!
What of MTN GLo and Chevron?
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by nitrogen(m): 8:39pm On Jun 24, 2012
slimyem: stop being uptight you two!
It wasn't a mistake on that poster's part.it was a delibrate reversal attempt at humour!
@slimyem, temistastics, ikachi, and jammyng,thanks jare, am quite suprised that they couldnt get the drift, they no 'jasi' at all, maybe i should come down to their level and say the usual, 'i reserve my comment'. .
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by cowgurl: 8:49pm On Jun 24, 2012
This list is not acceptable!
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 24, 2012
Pls where is nass on dat list
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 24, 2012
Pls where is national assembly on dat list
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by INFO70: 9:11pm On Jun 24, 2012
The list is baseless.
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by IOludayo(m): 9:12pm On Jun 24, 2012
I envy no salary earner, bank MDs inclusive. The money is not yet here but i know it will come. No more CV writing, I will rather build my profile.
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by tunshe: 9:47pm On Jun 24, 2012
I think FMCG coys like Nestle Nigeria PLC,Frieslandcampina Wamco and P&G should make the list.

3 Likes

Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by rozaybaba: 10:03pm On Jun 24, 2012

Dangote ke?....staff welfare isn't a priority in that company.its more about how you can make money for them.
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by nairaman66(m): 10:32pm On Jun 24, 2012
I comment my reserve on this

The First Lady will do better.. Or are you the First Lady Jona's Wife to be more specific?
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jun 24, 2012
why do i suspect that 90% of the people commenting on the list are not even employed in the first place?

3 Likes

Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by nairaman66(m): 10:35pm On Jun 24, 2012

Dangote and his Indians are ripping the country apart! Never should they be on this list, they should rather be on 'The Top Worst Companies To Work For' Mtcheew!
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by nitrogen(m): 10:50pm On Jun 24, 2012
nairaman66:

The First Lady will do better.. Or are you the First Lady Jona's Wife to be more specific?
quite surprised you couldn't sense the humour in my post, sowi
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by Tonitelli: 10:53pm On Jun 24, 2012
1.NASS-house of rep subcommittee on subsidy
2. NASS
3. NNPC
4.media assistant on Internet matters to GEJ..(ask beaf..)

1 Like

Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by Paentera(m): 10:54pm On Jun 24, 2012
Mr..Cork:
ok am from London. do companies in Nigeria hav lifts? becoz i remebered walkin the staircase to 25th floor last time i went undecided

Obviously this comment should be nominated as one of 2012's most retar.ded. How many companies in London "own" lifts?
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by omosexy1: 11:08pm On Jun 24, 2012
Paentera: Biko, commot Access Bank for that list sharp sharp. Access ko, Blockage ni. They're slave drivers and do not have ideal working conditions. It has nothing to do with them letting go of IB Plc staff earlier this year. For those with good knowledge of the banking industry, if you're introduced as a staff of Access bank, you immediately get a look of pity and then you're asked - how do you cope?

That cannot be a top 10 place to work in Nigeria for sure. GTB tops them any time T.

Gbam!!! Well said I wonder how its on the list, a place with no work-life balance
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by vinchristy: 11:27pm On Jun 24, 2012
Its unfortunate that nothing is certain in nigeria any more..d best coy 2day cud b out of biz d next min..there is money in the land only if we wud see inspire 2 see it ..every1 cannot work in the fortune50 coys..so which ever coy u find yourself plan well n move on.Enterpreneurship remains the best but wit caution
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jun 24, 2012
High_Chief: I dont know about the rest companies, but TOTAL is about the best oil company to work with in Nigeria. #FACT

in terms of ?
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by stpat1(m): 11:58pm On Jun 24, 2012
Well for me Total is d only one I agree with, the others I still don't know the criterion on which they appear here
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by cecegorz(m): 12:34am On Jun 25, 2012
Being Privy to what went down here (my company being on the list), let me try to throw more light on how the ranking was done.
1.The Rating Agency contacted the companies to enroll in the survey(Not sure the total no. of companies involved)
2. This means that if a company was not enrolled, it stood no chance on the list at all
3. Like the title implies, it's not the most profitable companies, but the Best places to work for (based on staff testimonials)
4. A questionare of about 30-40 different topics ranging from the companies staff welfare, mgt structure, organisational goals, appraisal objectivity, promotion process, company sponsored trainings, etc. was put up on their site and a link sent to staff email to respond
5. I got the mail, clicked on the link and took about 15mins answering the questionare. Clicked on submit after I was done
6. Remember that your answers goes to the rating agency directly, so your company has no input on what you answered (I believe some staff must have used this opportunity to slam their companies)
7. It was a rare opportunity for staff to objectively rate their own companies based on their personal experience and perception, the way you will never express directly if asked by your company
8. So, basically I can say that the list cannot be flawed based on the used criteria
9. For the people arguing that so and so company must have made the cut, find out first if their staff participated, and what their personal experiences working there entails

Erm... Did I write all these? Whew!

1 Like

Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by zilon12(m): 12:38am On Jun 25, 2012
What about NNPC?
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by zilon12(m): 12:49am On Jun 25, 2012
cecegorz: Being Privy to what went down here (my company being on the list), let me try to throw more light on how the ranking was done.
1.The Rating Agency contacted the companies to enroll in the survey(Not sure the total no. of companies involved)
2. This means that if a company was not enrolled, it stood no chance on the list at all
3. Like the title implies, it's not the most profitable companies, but the Best places to work for (based on staff testimonials)
4. A questionare of about 30-40 different topics ranging from the companies staff welfare, mgt structure, organisational goals, appraisal objectivity, promotion process, company sponsored trainings, etc. was put up on their site and a link sent to staff email to respond
5. I got the mail, clicked on the link and took about 15mins answering the questionare. Clicked on submit after I was done
6. Remember that your answers goes to the rating agency directly, so your company has no input on what you answered (I believe some staff must have used this opportunity to slam their companies)
7. It was a rare opportunity for staff to objectively rate their own companies based on their personal experience and perception, the way you will never express directly if asked by your company
8. So, basically I can say that the list cannot be flawed based on the used criteria
9. For the people arguing that so and so company must have made the cut, find out first if their staff participated, and what their personal experiences working there entails

Erm... Did I write all these? Whew!
Now I get it, make more sense this way
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by yvonnejoe(f): 3:53am On Jun 25, 2012
cry cry cry wat hapund 2 shell,shevron,mobile or etimumu sowie etisalat?
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by kolexy(m): 5:10am On Jun 25, 2012
zeem_bab: I wonder how Access bank got on the list....cos is one of the most f*cked
up place to work in Nigeria. They have a very good CEO, a visionary with impecabble integrity.
But beyond, there is nothing like work/life balance in Access bank. And you are lucky if you have
a supervisor that allow you to close at 7.0 pm even if you resume at 6 am.

Did you just say 'impeccable integrity'? Am looking forward to the day Nigerians would stop licking asses.

How could someone call Aig-Imokhuede Visionary CEO 'with impecable' integrity. This guy was just a bloody marketer that rose fast in GTB. Maybe he has 'integrity' like Facrook.
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by AfroBlue(m): 5:43am On Jun 25, 2012

I was thinking the same.

Africa’s richest man
Cementing a fortune
The king of concrete has ambitions beyond Nigeria

Jun 23rd 2012 | LAGOS

Dangote, Africa’s Croesus: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croesus

IN A grey building on a busy roundabout in Lagos, Nigeria’s commercial capital, Aliko Dangote deals in everything from cement and sugar to pasta and prayer mats. His ascent did not follow the usual path of the Nigerian mega-rich who feed at the oil trough. A decade ago he took over several failing state enterprises and made them profitable. His critics say he is too cosy with politicians, and that his dominance of certain sectors harms the economy. But his record of building factories and reducing Africa’s dependence on imports is undeniable. “I want to be the most successful businessman in the world,” he says.

At 55, he is ranked 76th on the latest Forbes list of billionaires as Africa’s richest man. He was born into a well-to-do Muslim family in the northern city of Kano. A forebear traded in kola nuts, paid for young Aliko’s business studies in Cairo, and in 1977 funded his first firm, a commodities-trading company that became a continental conglomerate.

Mr Dangote is best known today for supplying cement, which apparently boosted his fortune more than fivefold in 2011 alone. Already sub-Saharan Africa’s biggest cement producer, he plans to float 20% of his $11 billion concrete business on the London Stock Exchange next year. Several Wall Street banks—Morgan Stanley, J.P. Morgan and Goldman Sachs—are on board. Mr Dangote is confident of meeting rigorous corporate-governance standards. If so, he may help to polish Nigeria’s international reputation, tarnished by internet scams and oil graft.

In 2011 his empire generated revenues of $2.6 billion in 14 African countries. Dangote Group accounts for around 30% of the Nigerian stock exchange and dominates the local capital market. It has debts of $565m and plans to invest $7 billion over the next four years in petrochemicals, mining and infrastructure. Mr Dangote is an avid philanthropist, financing education and health-care projects. But the sheer scale of his business interests, some say, allows him to dominate markets, choking off competition.

Backing the ruling People’s Democratic Party, he gave generously to the campaign of Olusegun Obasanjo, a former president. Mr Dangote then took part in a rapid privatisation programme, greatly increasing his wealth during Mr Obasanjo’s presidency. Today he serves on government panels, including President Goodluck Jonathan’s economic team. “If you want to do business,” he says, “you have to foster a good relationship with the government of the day. If you don’t, how do you expect the government to listen to your complaints?”

http://www.economist.com/node/21557382
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by wales(m): 6:10am On Jun 25, 2012
I feel Guinness should not be part of the list. We have other companies that are better than Guinness in all aspect. Pls review your list.
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by giancarlo(m): 7:24am On Jun 25, 2012
Access Bank? No way.
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:25am On Jun 25, 2012
I THINK GUINNESS SHOULD NOT BE ON THE LIST...WHEN U ARE NOT IN THE COMPANY IT LOOK GREAT BUT WHEN U ENTER ITS A DIFFERENT BALL GAME ENTIRELY ESPECIALLY SALES. GUINNESS IS NOT DOING WELL AS AT THIS TIME.
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by dhalizm: 7:38am On Jun 25, 2012
The list is laughable. I'm sure only 1 or 2 of the listed companies will manage to scale through if a proper survey is carried out. What are those financial institutions doing there?
Re: The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria by linkin8k(m): 8:00am On Jun 25, 2012
ℓ̊ thought during the subsidy protest Dangote warned that if any of his workers join the protest they would be sacked?

Dangote being a billionaire doesn't make his company the best place to work in.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign / Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here / Female Graduate Hawks Food In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.