Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,241 members, 7,780,479 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:14 PM

Lagos To Experience Seven-day Rainfall – NIMET - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Experience Seven-day Rainfall – NIMET (8748 Views)

GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) / See How Lagosians Struggle To Get To Their Destinations After Heavy Rainfall / See What Some Streets In Lagos Look Like After Heavy Rainfall (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos To Experience Seven-day Rainfall – NIMET by BlackPikiN(m): 11:09pm On Jun 23, 2012
Lagos – The Nigerian Meteorological Agency (NIMET) on Saturday said Lagos would soon experience a seven-day rainfall.

Mr Abayomi Oyegoke of NIMET Central Forecast Unit, Oshodi, Lagos, made the disclosure in an interview.

Oyegoke also said that a total of 570 mm of rainfall had been recorded in Lagos State between January and June.

He explained that the rains being experienced in state were the beginning of a seven-day rainfall.

“In the last one week, it appears we are experiencing a prelude to the normal seven days rainfall and immediately after the seven days rain, what should be the next, is the little dry season.

“The dry season indicates the onset of the ‘August break’ and it seems the break may come early this year towards the second or third week in July, this is also normal,” Oyegoke said.

He said the August break signified the first break of the peak of the rainfall over the swamp forest area.

Oyegoke said that the announcement by the Lagos State Ministry of Environment that rain would fall for 238 days was misleading.

He explained that the 238 days was the duration of all the rainfall in the state.

He said that the rainfall in the state this year would be normal and urged residents to keep their surroundings clean to prevent flooding. (NAN)

http://247nigerianewsupdate.com/lagos-to-experience-seven-day-rainfall-nimet/
Re: Lagos To Experience Seven-day Rainfall – NIMET by Nobody: 12:31am On Jun 24, 2012
first! grin...first time i will make the first comment on a topic on Nairaland......so excited! grin.....rain rain go away come and rain another day little tommy wants to play!

5 Likes

Re: Lagos To Experience Seven-day Rainfall – NIMET by Nobody: 12:43am On Jun 24, 2012
Don't you guys sleep?
Re: Lagos To Experience Seven-day Rainfall – NIMET by purefella(m): 12:45am On Jun 24, 2012
Na today 7 days , 14 days and 21 days rain don dey fall for Lagos ? If anyone reading is close to Fashola and his cabinet let him know that the best way to fight erosion in Lagos is to make PSP free during raining season and let them be more effective during raining season not bringing some crazy bills ., some people are not paying on time or won't pay at all and once psp don't pick up their trash the rain pushes it into the gutters and from gutters to the canal and their will be erosion .I am very sure that the cost of fixing erosion damages is higher than the cost of running the PSP during raining season,which means they are still not at loss. Peace

5 Likes

Re: Lagos To Experience Seven-day Rainfall – NIMET by REMMEI(m): 12:53am On Jun 24, 2012
I love playing in the rain..smiley smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Experience Seven-day Rainfall – NIMET by BlackPikiN(m): 12:55am On Jun 24, 2012
engineerd: [size=20pt]first! grin...first time i will make the first comment on a topic on Nairaland[/size]......so excited! grin.....rain rain go away come and rain another day little tommy wants to play!

Oya chop banana ko yo! cheesy
Re: Lagos To Experience Seven-day Rainfall – NIMET by braine(m): 12:58am On Jun 24, 2012
The rain can be restraining at times.
Re: Lagos To Experience Seven-day Rainfall – NIMET by AdeniyiA(m): 1:02am On Jun 24, 2012
SimonAndal: Don't you guys sleep?
you get INSOMNIA? abi u tu don kill sleep?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Experience Seven-day Rainfall – NIMET by Nobody: 1:05am On Jun 24, 2012
We hold ya eye?!!

Re: Lagos To Experience Seven-day Rainfall – NIMET by Nobody: 1:13am On Jun 24, 2012
I'm actually waiting for PHCN to restore the electricity so I can finish watching Green Lantern.
They just did. Yay!
Re: Lagos To Experience Seven-day Rainfall – NIMET by Nobody: 1:16am On Jun 24, 2012

Depends on what country you are in. Its still evening up here in America. Besides, half of Nairaland users are in the U.S

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Experience Seven-day Rainfall – NIMET by etchel(m): 1:22am On Jun 24, 2012
Rain ke! I abegi. Na forecasting unto make i do my Job. Na now d rain go slow down
Re: Lagos To Experience Seven-day Rainfall – NIMET by Nobody: 1:22am On Jun 24, 2012
SimonAndal: I'm actually waiting for PHCN to restore the electricity so I can finish watching Green Lantern.
They just did. Yay!
ur in akwa ibom aren't u ?
Re: Lagos To Experience Seven-day Rainfall – NIMET by Murphy7h4: 2:19am On Jun 24, 2012
Many thanks[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
Re: Lagos To Experience Seven-day Rainfall – NIMET by alhussanglegma: 2:40am On Jun 24, 2012
Good
Re: Lagos To Experience Seven-day Rainfall – NIMET by Tochiilo(m): 2:48am On Jun 24, 2012
That's ok rain are made to come down by God so we must welcome it with good faith.
Re: Lagos To Experience Seven-day Rainfall – NIMET by Butoneday2(m): 3:44am On Jun 24, 2012
Rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,
Re: Lagos To Experience Seven-day Rainfall – NIMET by waja(m): 4:49am On Jun 24, 2012
All the children should remain indoor to avoid another Dana disaster.
Re: Lagos To Experience Seven-day Rainfall – NIMET by infofirst(m): 6:22am On Jun 24, 2012
engineerd: first! grin...first time i will make the first comment on a topic on Nairaland......so excited! grin.....rain rain go away come and rain another day little tommy wants to play!
lol
Re: Lagos To Experience Seven-day Rainfall – NIMET by jawjaw1: 7:12am On Jun 24, 2012
Oya lagosians, make una prepare o!

If you car engine no dey well no drive am wen dey rain starts o! or else you and de car go swim together. grin

If your house is not on a highland, prepare yoursef for flood o! Move all ur important docs and safe guard ur electronics.

Prepare yoursef and family for emergency evacuation incase you may have to.

Make sure you have enuf food to last for a few days incase it becomes dangerous to move out of the house.

Dont expect power from NEPA (sorry PHCN) wen the rain starts, so be prepared

If you can, buy rain boots for emergency waka.

As for me, I miss Lasgidi but be understanding wen I say not during this period of rains grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Experience Seven-day Rainfall – NIMET by kalufelix(m): 7:18am On Jun 24, 2012
Great meteorologist!!
We representing
Re: Lagos To Experience Seven-day Rainfall – NIMET by odumchi: 7:28am On Jun 24, 2012
Abi na Noah's flood?
Re: Lagos To Experience Seven-day Rainfall – NIMET by Ibangap(m): 7:49am On Jun 24, 2012
Fake meteorologist, rain go fall wen God say make e fall, no be wen dem say e go fall.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Experience Seven-day Rainfall – NIMET by chemashie(m): 7:50am On Jun 24, 2012
engineerd: first! grin...first time i will make the first comment on a topic on Nairaland......so excited! grin.....rain rain go away come and rain another day little tommy wants to play!
buy yourself a bottle of alomo bitters or OGIDIGA to celebrate this achievement.
Re: Lagos To Experience Seven-day Rainfall – NIMET by FEMARY1: 7:53am On Jun 24, 2012
From which date to which date?
Re: Lagos To Experience Seven-day Rainfall – NIMET by Butoneday2(m): 8:10am On Jun 24, 2012
But_one_day: Rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,rain,
Re: Lagos To Experience Seven-day Rainfall – NIMET by Psalter: 8:20am On Jun 24, 2012
This is just a mere prediction. Only God has the final say.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Experience Seven-day Rainfall – NIMET by bohboh275(m): 8:39am On Jun 24, 2012
BlackPikiN:

Oya chop banana ko yo! cheesy

You are one big kid. I can't stop laughing banana ko odukun ni lol
Re: Lagos To Experience Seven-day Rainfall – NIMET by donigspain(m): 8:55am On Jun 24, 2012
Ibanga p: Fake meteorologist, rain go fall wen God say make e fall, no be wen dem say e go fall.
^^^Ignorance
Re: Lagos To Experience Seven-day Rainfall – NIMET by donigspain(m): 8:57am On Jun 24, 2012
kalufelix: Great meteorologist!!
We representing
GREAT!!! We're the weather men...
Re: Lagos To Experience Seven-day Rainfall – NIMET by funkymedina: 9:12am On Jun 24, 2012

Person don loose virginity for nairaland OO. We go kill goat?

(1) (2) (Reply)

18months Later!!!!!! Check out this APC Campaign Poster / Onnoghen: PDP House Of Reps Back CJN, Blast Buhari For Being Desperate / Ugwuanyi Conferred Title Of Ifezulumba In Ukpo Community Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.