Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,140 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

Is Black Magic Real Or Just Made Up To Scare People? - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is Black Magic Real Or Just Made Up To Scare People? (75658 Views)

Can Black Magic(juju)be Sent To Someone Abroad / Who Is Kiliwi Nwachukwu? Is He Real Or Just A Folklore? / Juju/black Magic In Nigeria - Blood Money And Spiritual Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Black Magic Real Or Just Made Up To Scare People? by chmod777: 10:07pm On Jun 25, 2012
Poor you. Tune to several western channels including discovery and see greater things that seem unimaginable. yet the presenters takes us thru analysis of what and how.
life_style: Don't tell me it is Photoshop angry

1 Like

Re: Is Black Magic Real Or Just Made Up To Scare People? by Bullzone(m): 10:08pm On Jun 25, 2012
@poster, go to ikot-umoh-essien in IKA LGA, Akwa ibom state, & ask de same question. Trust me u get de answers ur seeking 1st-hand.

1 Like

Re: Is Black Magic Real Or Just Made Up To Scare People? by sonyjacobs(m): 10:11pm On Jun 25, 2012
lumeneng22: My broda, juju is real big tym. My neighbour in isashi okoko here just died last month on top of another man wife. The husband of this woman has issue several warning to the man to pls leave his wife alone but all fell into deaf ear and now he is no more leaving 2wives nd 4 children.

I think yoruba dey call am mago. did my NYSC in ekiti and heard of the charm called magoo. they even have antidote for it. most yoruba men/boys put the magoo inside their wife so once you climb their wife/girlfriend your own don finish be dat

1 Like

Re: Is Black Magic Real Or Just Made Up To Scare People? by tchaik(m): 10:36pm On Jun 25, 2012
@OP, after all the feedbacks; Do you still doubt?
Believe or doubt, just mind your own business wherever Juju/Alusi is activated grin grin
TO AVOID STORIES THAT TOUCH!! tongue undecided cry undecided cry
Re: Is Black Magic Real Or Just Made Up To Scare People? by executinal(m): 10:37pm On Jun 25, 2012
@op watch this and tell me if black magic is real or not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVfkj26yebA
Re: Is Black Magic Real Or Just Made Up To Scare People? by kenerep: 10:43pm On Jun 25, 2012
there was this news recently on bbc about an mi-6 agent that died in his room, he was found inside a bag and the keys to the bag was found underneath him..... People claim the incident was an experiment by the department of DARKS ARTS gone awry that led to his death, though there was no official confirmation about the incident, you can search the internet and i am sure you will get the news (on mobile can't paste). To the person saying the whites stopped believeing a long time ago is probably ignorant of what the whites do and is hypnotized by the tv he is watching. I have never experienced magic but when God sef at times abandons humans, tell me why jazz won't fail at times too? at the end of it all nothin is perfect!
Re: Is Black Magic Real Or Just Made Up To Scare People? by cdoffx(m): 11:00pm On Jun 25, 2012
ifyalways: Konnections can u shed more light as to how it works,please?
seriously its hard for anyone to convince you that juju works but you can decide to test the efficacy yourself by simply findin a shrine around and just try something funny then you can have first hand experience

1 Like

Re: Is Black Magic Real Or Just Made Up To Scare People? by Dagods(m): 11:40pm On Jun 25, 2012
purefella: JUJU REAL NO TAKE JUJU PLAY OO.,I KNOW OF A OPC GUY THAT ARMED ROBBERS SHOT FOR LIKE 6 TIMES AND THE GUY DIDN'T HAVE A SINGLE HEADACHE , EVERYTHING WE ARE USING ARE CREATED BY JUJU , AEROPLANES REMEMBER THE BLACKBUS , MOBILE PHONES THEIRS JUJU BEHIND IT , THE PILLS YOU TAKE NAH ALSO JUJU BUT THE PROBLEM IS THAT WE AFRICANS ARE VERY GOOD AT USING IT FOR EVIL . IF PERSON TELL YOU SAY HIM GO BLOW YOU , IF YOU THINK YOU CAN BEAT HIM YOU CAN STILL FIGHT THAT PERSON BUT IF NAH JUJU HE TALK SAY HIM GO TAKE KNACK YOU , MY ADVISE FOR YOU IS TO RUN WITH YOUR 2 LEGS COZ THOSE CHEAP JUJU WEY PEOPLE DEY CARRY FOR POCKET UP AND DOWN NO DEY GET ANTIDOTE OO!

@ canadiak and others na small boy dey worry una if you won know say JUJU dey go and sleep babalawo wife you will know thunderbolt is not technology and do you think the whites that are always after our old idols are dumbs?/,small boy like una you better take a deep research before jumping into conclusion of things , the pills you take daily do you think it's produce with water ?
respect i man gettho soldier,ur word tru ina speak man,u r d messenger bom from d most high jah...make no man i try d africa thechnology'truth from jah rastafarai,if na mess wit black magic him na obituary man...

1 Like

Re: Is Black Magic Real Or Just Made Up To Scare People? by Nobody: 12:35am On Jun 26, 2012
SpaceAngel: ever heard of voodoo, same thing for different folks grin grin grin
When, has voodoo been a real phenomenon? It is trick. Haven't you seen the documentary done on voodoo by National Geographic? Please, spare us all these trick talks! It is full of tricks!
Re: Is Black Magic Real Or Just Made Up To Scare People? by MrCork17: 1:04am On Jun 26, 2012
oyinbogirl: Someone told me about black magic (juju)....and that it is real and true and can wound ppl big time. I even heard some can die. Can someone shed some light on this, share ur experiences or watever ... serious replies only. if u cant contribute meaningfully just pass by. Thanks

Juju aint real. Its just a bunch of bull to scare people. the truth those who use it suffer from mental disorder smiley
Re: Is Black Magic Real Or Just Made Up To Scare People? by ghostofsparta(m): 2:45am On Jun 26, 2012
redcliff:

How then do u explain an aeroplane in d air if it does not beat the law of nature?

Haba! Science dude, science!

Upthrust, angle of attack, drag force, go read about aeronautics and aerodynamics.
Re: Is Black Magic Real Or Just Made Up To Scare People? by ghostofsparta(m): 2:55am On Jun 26, 2012
Mr..Cork:

Juju aint real. Its just a bunch of bull to scare people. the truth those who use it suffer from mental disorder smiley

Is gun real? Yeah sure it is....wouldn't you feel scared when one is pointed at you? Point is it's good for you not to be scared of something that isn't real to you....which still doesn't make it unreal! Everyone who think or knows it's real can't be all delusional.....go do your research.....I have done mine and still doing.
Re: Is Black Magic Real Or Just Made Up To Scare People? by ghostofsparta(m): 3:19am On Jun 26, 2012
all4naija: When, has voodoo been a real phenomenon? It is trick. Haven't you seen the documentary done on voodoo by National Geographic? Please, spare us all these trick talks! It is full of tricks!

Dude forget voodoo, Voodoo is a compound of African religion taken abroad by various African slaves. What you ans most here means is Hoodoo which is infact a tone down version of the real stuff here in the lands of the blacks.

Juju isn't the in the same category with ticks and illusions used for entertainment in America o and Europe. Juju like I have tried to explain to atheists is real supernatural effect beyond current scientific scope.
Re: Is Black Magic Real Or Just Made Up To Scare People? by Nobody: 3:32am On Jun 26, 2012
ghostofsparta:

Dude forget voodoo, Voodoo is a compound of African religion taken abroad by various African slaves. What you ans most here means is Hoodoo which is infact a tone down version of the real stuff here in the lands of the blacks.

Juju isn't the in the same category with ticks and illusions used for entertainment in America o and Europe. Juju like I have tried to explain to atheists is real supernatural effect beyond current scientific scope.
Nonsense! What did you just explain? You are being fooled by the trick-stars.

The truth is that without using any of those poison compounds and putting fear in people minds so that they can play the tricks it is obvious they cannot get any way with it. Open your eyes very well dude. The reason why black African magic can not conquered science and not productive in moving human race forward is because it is full of tricks. That's why it is laughable when ignorant Africans keep saying they have this witch-craft(the fetish tricks) to produce things unimaginable(means fallacy or supernatural as in abstract constructions) yet they are not use for good when comparing them with what science has achieved.

1 Like

Re: Is Black Magic Real Or Just Made Up To Scare People? by ghostofsparta(m): 3:40am On Jun 26, 2012
oyinbogirl: Someone told me about black magic (juju)....and that it is real and true and can wound ppl big time. I even heard some can die. Can someone shed some light on this, share ur experiences or watever ... serious replies only. if u cant contribute meaningfully just pass by. Thanks

Oyinbogirl .... Juju is what the practitioners of Ifa calls Ishegun (craft of ishegun) it is a branch of Ifa that strictly deals with magic (supernatural) and not magic (stage tricks and criss angel typos). Juju is the opposite of Ifa in the sense that Ifa requires and demands patience (suru) to achieve permanent result, while juju in the other hand is instantaneous result. Let me give you an instance Ifa may reveal that danger lurks ahead in the future and by doing certain things that danger will either be ameliorated or averted such as car accident perhaps warning not to even travel....on the other hand what ishegun does is it's 'teleports' you away from the spot of that accident to a safer place. I am working on a lengthy write up as to document and classify types of ogun/juju of the Yorubas which is mostly levied on atheists. Most Nigerians don't do research and have a poor power of analysis...contrary to popular belief Ishegun/juju is bivalent...it can be used for either good of bad. Mobile phones have been used to remotely to detonate bombs does that make your GSM phone evil. Our cell phones too can be said to be juju because if you can time travel with one to like 12 century England...it would look juju like to them given their level of underst!ding so I say all juju real or not, tested or not are all form of an advanced unempirical science.

1 Like

Re: Is Black Magic Real Or Just Made Up To Scare People? by ghostofsparta(m): 3:43am On Jun 26, 2012
I think I have theory of how certain Yoruba jujus work.
Re: Is Black Magic Real Or Just Made Up To Scare People? by ghostofsparta(m): 3:51am On Jun 26, 2012
I think I have theory of how certain Yoruba jujus work. Science and technology can only aid it. Every thing in this world from Rick Ross' Maybachs to Bills Gate's shoes is made from natural process. Juju deals with natural matter by effecting the expected result from the proper combination of the appropriate logicums. I am not at all deep in Juju knowledge as it is difficult to garner infos from the Babalawos for the sake of research but the extremely few I have confirmed is enough to give me an inkling as to how and why Juju ought to work and or fail. I will not say more than this for now.
Re: Is Black Magic Real Or Just Made Up To Scare People? by Nobody: 5:12am On Jun 26, 2012
ghostofsparta:

Oyinbogirl .... Juju is what the practitioners of Ifa calls Ishegun (craft of ishegun) it is a branch of Ifa that strictly deals with magic (supernatural) and not magic (stage tricks and criss angel typos). Juju is the opposite of Ifa in the sense that Ifa requires and demands patience (suru) to achieve permanent result, while juju in the other hand is instantaneous result. Let me give you an instance Ifa may reveal that danger lurks ahead in the future and by doing certain things that danger will either be ameliorated or averted such as car accident perhaps warning not to even travel....on the other hand what ishegun does is it's 'teleports' you away from the spot of that accident to a safer place. I am working on a lengthy write up as to document and classify types of ogun/juju of the Yorubas which is mostly levied on atheists. Most Nigerians don't do research and have a poor power of analysis...contrary to popular belief Ishegun/juju is bivalent...it can be used for either good of bad. Mobile phones have been used to remotely to detonate bombs does that make your GSM phone evil. Our cell phones too can be said to be juju because if you can time travel with one to like 12 century England...it would look juju like to them given their level of underst!ding so I say all juju real or not, tested or not are all form of an advanced unempirical science.
I don't know much about Juju though. But, I can testify to some fact that it is not so much different from psychic rudimentary yielding more of emotional result but not to the advancement of the human race. Not only that there is nothing quantifiable about their prognosis as per the very ability to see into the future.

Even going by your analogy of telephone being used for both good and bad the Juju never in anyway gone beyond the peripheral of forecast. Which in other sense, there are things already in existence probable with better precision of most things than wasting time consulting human ideology of a guess work. I have no problem with it being part of our traditions but to speak of it beyond the scope which it didn't qualify into, with no single iota, is appalling to say the least. That is where I get pissed off!
Re: Is Black Magic Real Or Just Made Up To Scare People? by keneslow: 5:38am On Jun 26, 2012
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds ... Nawa for us for dis naija
Re: Is Black Magic Real Or Just Made Up To Scare People? by Nobody: 5:52am On Jun 26, 2012
kene_slow: Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds ... Nawa for us for dis naija
The fact that we are not ready to face reality and move forward is mental slavery!
Re: Is Black Magic Real Or Just Made Up To Scare People? by Claracuzio: 6:42am On Jun 26, 2012
lavita2: I hate hearsays! Can somebody with concrete proof show us how Juju is real? I have never seen it work, as such don't believe in it. Why do you rule out coincidence?

I pity u. Wetin u tink say pastors dey use do miracle?
What u need to understand is that there are positive powers which belong to God used for doing good
And there are negative powers controlled by the 8-X used for doing evil.
While men of God and good minded diviners tap into the positive powers to achieve good for their fellow man, evil men tap into the negative powers to bring doom to their fellow man.

Any nigerian that still fails to acknoweledge the existence of jazz is very very blunt and uninformed.
Way back in my jss2 days boys don dey carry blow drop ring for emmergency fight na.

Internet don confuse youth of nowadays.
Re: Is Black Magic Real Or Just Made Up To Scare People? by Nobody: 7:00am On Jun 26, 2012
Claracuzio:

I pity u. Wetin u tink say pastors dey use do miracle?
What u need to understand is that there are positive powers which belong to God used for doing good
And there are negative powers controlled by the 8-X used for doing evil.
While men of God and good minded diviners tap into the positive powers to achieve good for their fellow man, evil men tap into the negative powers to bring doom to their fellow man.

Any nigerian that still fails to acknoweledge the existence of jazz is very very blunt and uninformed.
Way back in my jss2 days boys don dey carry blow drop ring for emmergency fight na.

Internet don confuse youth of nowadays.
You are deceived dude!
Re: Is Black Magic Real Or Just Made Up To Scare People? by Bastiger(m): 7:10am On Jun 26, 2012
It is either you weren't born in Nigeria or you have totally refused to acknowledge that God did not strip the devil of his powers.the only thing the devil cannot do is to make or create a human being.juju or jazz exists whether you believe it or not.if you want an exhibition,you can visit a jazz man,dibia or babalawo you might offer yourself as a guinea pig if you are willing to confirm the efficacy of juju.that being said,God is the supreme being and all power belong to him.
Re: Is Black Magic Real Or Just Made Up To Scare People? by Nobody: 7:18am On Jun 26, 2012
Bastiger: It is either you weren't born in Nigeria or you have totally refused to acknowledge that God did not strip the devil of his powers.the only thing the devil cannot do is to make or create a human being.juju or jazz exists whether you believe it or not.if you want an exhibition,you can visit a jazz man,dibia or babalawo you might offer yourself as a guinea pig if you are willing to confirm the efficacy of juju.that being said,God is the supreme being and all power belong to him.
How come you know and fervently believe in this devil story? Jeez!Some Nigerians are too quick to defend something they have little idea of! cry
Re: Is Black Magic Real Or Just Made Up To Scare People? by kandiikane(m): 8:59am On Jun 26, 2012
When I was little, I use to watch men on tv use cutlass chopping themselves but the cutlass never penetrated.
Re: Is Black Magic Real Or Just Made Up To Scare People? by actionj: 9:24am On Jun 26, 2012
Imagine is this a contribution or nonsense, pls think well before u drop ur idea.
Re: Is Black Magic Real Or Just Made Up To Scare People? by kandiikane(m): 9:41am On Jun 26, 2012
actionj: Imagine is this a contribution or nonsense, pls think well before u drop ur idea.

Is this meant for me?
Re: Is Black Magic Real Or Just Made Up To Scare People? by queensmith: 10:07am On Jun 26, 2012
I don't know- but I don't play with it. I respect it, I stay away from people that practice it. I say no to the devil at all times. Whether it's real or not.

4 Likes

Re: Is Black Magic Real Or Just Made Up To Scare People? by Olaleyecollins: 11:05am On Jun 26, 2012
Go and test "'magun'"and you would know maybe it is real or not.

1 Like

Re: Is Black Magic Real Or Just Made Up To Scare People? by faithin9ja: 12:01pm On Jun 26, 2012
How can the Blackman progress? When our educated Internet savvy youth are arguing on the merits and effacy of 'juju'. How are any of you better than the 85 year old man in the village who has never seen a large town? Tomorrow you will be sending your CV to Shell, Cadbury, KPMG, trying to get a world class job that will send around the world, yet in your small minds believe somebody in the village is 'doing' you.

Oyibo will continue to make their societies better, whilst we wallow in ignorance. Scared of our own shadows.

Instead of thinking how we will stop someone with an AK47 or bomb blowing up my church on a Sunday, I am scared of an old man with a calabash in the village.

By the way before you think this somebody who doesn't he is talking about, I have lived a full life, my parents have taken me to all type of native doctors, juju men, we attended 'cele' , Sat gurhuru maharaj, Pentecostal, etc all na rubbish

1 Like

Re: Is Black Magic Real Or Just Made Up To Scare People? by jpphilips(m): 12:07pm On Jun 26, 2012
purefella: JUJU REAL NO TAKE JUJU PLAY OO.,I KNOW OF A OPC GUY THAT ARMED ROBBERS SHOT FOR LIKE 6 TIMES AND THE GUY DIDN'T HAVE A SINGLE HEADACHE , EVERYTHING WE ARE USING ARE CREATED BY JUJU , AEROPLANES REMEMBER THE BLACKBUS , MOBILE PHONES THEIRS JUJU BEHIND IT , THE PILLS YOU TAKE NAH ALSO JUJU BUT THE PROBLEM IS THAT WE AFRICANS ARE VERY GOOD AT USING IT FOR EVIL . IF PERSON TELL YOU SAY HIM GO BLOW YOU , IF YOU THINK YOU CAN BEAT HIM YOU CAN STILL FIGHT THAT PERSON BUT IF NAH JUJU HE TALK SAY HIM GO TAKE KNACK YOU , MY ADVISE FOR YOU IS TO RUN WITH YOUR 2 LEGS COZ THOSE CHEAP JUJU WEY PEOPLE DEY CARRY FOR POCKET UP AND DOWN NO DEY GET ANTIDOTE OO!

@ canadiak and others na small boy dey worry una if you won know say JUJU dey go and sleep babalawo wife you will know thunderbolt is not technology and do you think the whites that are always after our old idols are dumbs?/,small boy like una you better take a deep research before jumping into conclusion of things , the pills you take daily do you think it's produce with water ?

How come we were taken to slavery by the white Men in an era when our juju was strongest?
Re: Is Black Magic Real Or Just Made Up To Scare People? by queensmith: 12:09pm On Jun 26, 2012
faithin9ja: How can the Blackman progress? When our educated Internet savvy youth are arguing on the merits and effacy of 'juju'. How are any of you better than the 85 year old man in the village who has never seen a large town? Tomorrow you will be sending your CV to Shell, Cadbury, KPMG, trying to get a world class job that will send around the world, yet in your small minds believe somebody in the village is 'doing' you.

Oyibo will continue to make their societies better, whilst we wallow in ignorance. Scared of our own shadows.

Instead of thinking how we will stop someone with an AK47 or bomb blowing up my church on a Sunday, I am scared of an old man with a calabash in the village.

By the way before you think this somebody who doesn't he is talking about, I have lived a full life, my parents have taken me to all type of native doctors, juju men, we attended 'cele' , Sat gurhuru maharaj, Pentecostal, etc all na rubbish

are you trying to say 'juju' is a black thing? You are very wrong there.

I swear oyibos are even more advanced in their voodoo horoscope witch craft homeopath nonsense practice.

It's not exclusive to blacks at all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Who Are The 10 Greatest Nigerian Women Of All Time? / Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? / Alaafin Of OYO With Yoruba Descendants In Brazil (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.