Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,577 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

Wimbledon 2012 - Sports (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wimbledon 2012 (37380 Views)

Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon / Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match / Wimbledon 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wimbledon 2012 by montelik(m): 7:03pm On Jul 08, 2012
Sir Roger conquerors again. 17 slams no be beans. I didn't feel he had one left in him. The rest better watch out.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by ortopazz(m): 7:07pm On Jul 08, 2012
shymmex: King Nadal is coming for his throne.. grin

us open fed go cry again best believe me,
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Kezzy24(f): 7:31pm On Jul 08, 2012
damilola15:
Lol, that's Kezzonian theory.
Na sooooo....
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Kezzy24(f): 7:34pm On Jul 08, 2012
Feel for Andy Murray,if it was against another player would have supported him to win but Federer....Na my number 1!
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by ortopazz(m): 7:50pm On Jul 08, 2012
just saw the clipz of AnDy mUray, I believe he should have atleast mehn itz a game sha, crying whle gvin the comments!
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Piro4rl(m): 7:54pm On Jul 08, 2012
uuuuuuuuuuuppppppppppppppppppp Federer!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 08, 2012
The Great Federer, i said he would win at the beginning of the thread, i said nadal would get upset...all these haters doubted my immortal vision

HaHa, Federer's tha goat....Nadal and Djoko can only dream of being this great at 30 years old.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 08, 2012
Im still laughin at how my man Fed slaughtered djoko on tha grass ...LoL

we already knew who was going to win the final....that semi final was epic destruction though.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Sholexyz(m): 9:02pm On Jul 08, 2012
Murray shud grow up can't u see djokvic he's no longer d jester bt a winner.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 08, 2012
Not sure how much tennis this guy watches though....

shymmex:

Murray isn't a hype job, he has arguably the best backhand (double handed) in the game

You probably havent seen Djokovic's backhand. That shot is the sole reason Nadal finds it so difficult to beat him.

shymmex:
- and his forehand is one of the best; Tsonga, Del Potro, David Ferrer, and a few other players have better forehands.. His movement, 2nd serve, and weak mentality are what's holding him back...

Djokovic, Nadal, Federer, Tsonga, Del Potro, Berdych... just a few with far better forehands than Murray. Murray's best attributes are his strong defense and cute hands (plays more dropshots than most players out there) and can outmaneuver the best out there.
I agree that his second serve is his weakest point.

shymmex:
Nadal is Nadal because of his spins, and killer instinct.... Djokovic's has an all round game, and a very strong mentality....

Nadal is a lot more than that. Forehand, strong backhand, amazing defense, volleying...
Djokovic has pretty much every shot in the book period!

shymmex:
Federer is Federer because of his serve, all round game, and single backhand winners... Federer's movement isn't really great as well

I disagree... please watch today's game.

shymmex:
- and his single handed backhand isn't the best in tennis - Gasquet owns that title...

Hmmm Wawrinka, Kohlshreiber, Almagro?

shymmex:
If Murray can play his game later today, serve well, and use the British crowd to stimulate his weak mentality - I believe he can beat Federer... Don't forget Murray is one best serve returners in tennis..

On grass? I gave him no chance.

shymmex:
It's going to be a great game, but I'm sticking with Murray... He just needs to start well, and hit the ball to the baseline to force Federer to make unforced errors... You can only beat Federer on the baseline because his backhand is single-handed... That's where Nadal has an edge over Federer..

Murray cant hurt the Fed off the backhand like Nadal and Djokovic can. Djokovic plays hard flat balls to that wing while Nadal hits wicked spins... everyone else pretty much floats the ball to the backhand strike zone for Fed or are not mobile enough to punish the Fed when he runs around the backhand to hit a forehand.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by dayokanu(m): 3:00am On Jul 09, 2012
I think one advantage Nadal has over Federer is that he is left handed.

Fedex has one of the strongest forehand in the game and he ensures that he nails his opponent to the left side of the court where they can mainly use their backhand. A backhand is not as aggresive as a a forehand so the backhand is mainly a defensive weapon

For right handed players he has this right most of the time

But when its a lefty, the supposed Backhand is actually Nadals forehand which nullifies Fedex major threat added to the monster athlete that Nadal is who never gives up on any ball and chases all "lost causes" .

A Federer vs Nadal game is always going to be a classic.

I hope Federer somehow gets to 20 and Nadal stops at 17. So the two can be the best of all time with FEDEX being ahead though cool

1 Like

Re: Wimbledon 2012 by AlabaSlim: 12:27pm On Jul 09, 2012
Fedex is d GREATEST of all tym
l laff wen pple don't know dat nadal,djokovic, &murray wil get 2 d age of 28-30 & fade veri FAST cos dey all PLAY wit POWER & less technique...now compare dat 2 d F£D-XPR£$$ who PLAYS wit GREAT FINESSE,TECHNIQUE & less POWER...datz Y he is da BOMB b4 $AMPRA$
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by maclatunji: 2:05pm On Jul 09, 2012
Alaba_Slim: Fedex is d GREATEST of all tym
l laff wen pple don't know dat nadal,djokovic, &murray wil get 2 d age of 28-30 & fade veri FAST cos dey all PLAY wit POWER & less technique...now compare dat 2 d F£D-XPR£$$ who PLAYS wit GREAT FINESSE,TECHNIQUE & less POWER...datz Y he is da BOMB b4 $AMPRA$

Hmmm... I think Djokovic is the closest thing to Federer in terms of pure talent and ability. However, I doubt that he will reach the heights of Roger. It would be cool if he can win all grand slams in one season or hold all 4 titles at the same time. I have adviced Murray to go and be eating yams and Akpu if he wants to defeat the top 3 consistently.tongue
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 09, 2012
maclatunji:

Hmmm... I think Djokovic is the closest thing to Federer in terms of pure talent and ability. However, I doubt that he will reach the heights of Roger. It would be cool if he can win all grand slams in one season or hold all 4 titles at the same time. I have adviced Murray to go and be eating yams and Akpu if he wants to defeat the top 3 consistently.tongue

egg on your face dude. Married men at 30 still winning slams. grin
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 09, 2012
Alaba_Slim: Fedex is d GREATEST of all tym

Really? Fed probably has the best serve of the top 4 (serve speed is far better than that of Nadal or Murray) and a powerful forehand.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by maclatunji: 4:28pm On Jul 09, 2012
davidylan:

egg on your face dude. Married men at 30 still winning slams. grin

Ehn now, I expect him to win slams but by now, he should have reached at least 20. The guy is on his own level in terms of ability. I also suspect Nadal, one of these days that Nadal of a boy should be caught doping. His energy levels have to be investigated.

Sampras and Agassi won slams with wives too so it is possible.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Enigma(m): 9:28pm On Aug 16, 2012
Enigma: This Federer aka the grandaderer should just stop embarrasing himself! tongue

grin Pleased as anything for the GOAT.

Murray's day will come. smiley

cool

If Olympics Gold counts - esp beating TMF in the final - then this was slightly prophetic. Still wish him well for the future anyway ----- well as long as TMF doesn't need the win. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply)

Eden Hazard And Neymar Jnr...who Is Better? / Morocco V Belgium: Riot Erupts As Moroccan Fans Flip Cars, Celebrate Famous Win / Is Wrestling Real, Fake, Acted, Or Drama?check Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.