Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

The Presidential Media Chat!: Why Are Africans So Dumb? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Presidential Media Chat!: Why Are Africans So Dumb? (645 Views)

Buhari Holds Presidential Media Chat Wednesday / Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat / Media Chat: Why Did Jonathan Refuse To Mention APC Rather The Other Party? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Presidential Media Chat!: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 25, 2012
It is with grief that I am posting this:

Africa is indeed the dark continent. not by design but by choice.

It is typical of us to blame a witch when we have malaria as a result of mosquito bite.
It is typical of us to think of how to drag our fathers properties with our siblings instead of thinking of how we can work hard and do better than our fathers.
It is typical of us to stay for 10years looking for who will employ us rather than think of how we can create business that will employ.
It is very typical of us to blame the government for lack of electricity while being happy that we don't pay bills on the little we have consumed.

If I was there on there as one of those asking the questions;

I want to see quality and proudly made in Nigeria shoes, fabrics, cars, TV set, GSM handsets, electrics, etc.

I want to see our balance sheets of cocoa, beans, palm oil, rice, meat and fish exports.

I want to hear of peoples of other nations coming to Nigeria to buy our products.

With such things happening, there will be wealth creation and job opportunities.

These are the questions I would have loved to ask Mr. President, what his administration is doing about such things.

Unfortunately, Nigerians are not interested in such things.

We are rather interested in whether Mr. President is contesting the next election. We are interested to know how many plates his wife have in her kitchen. We are interested in the name of a school and not on the quality of education. We are interested on why the President traveled while Boko Haram was on ranpage and not on what he achieved by his trip and what government is doing to stop the madness of primitive men who are inspired by some "holy" book that "killing is living".

Silly questions from silly minds. We trade on sentiments and not on logics. It is a shame. A great opportunity was wasted yesterday. A great opportunity to put thoughts into the heart and mind of our leaders.

Is Africa cursed or what? What is wrong with our minds?

In times like this:

I miss Biafra and I miss Ojukwu. That man was a great mind and Biafra would have been competing with China and Japan today.

Nigeria is a waste! Our "great minds" are only critics who always warn of "danger" but have no solutions to offer.

The "darkness" was here before Jonathan, and will surely remain after him! Except we take our destinies into our hands and think of innovations and solutions!

Now, I have poured my heart: I am waiting for the Nairaland kind of "sharia" stones.

Ka Chineke mezie okwu!

(1) (Reply)

Soyinka, Bakare, Odumakin Ask Jonathan To Honour Abiola As Ex-president / Plateau Conundrum, The Fulani And Nigerians / Ogoniland Clean-up Gulps $1b

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.