Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,094 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) (13317 Views)

My Business 1 0 1: The Entrepreneurs' Lounge / 12 Young Entrepreneurs Who Make Me Feel Optimistic About Nigeria's Future / Nigerian Entrepreneurs Worth Admiring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) by burafato: 9:28am On Aug 13, 2009
Hello,
pls i want to register my small scale company under coperate affairs;
how do i go about it? help me.

Burafato
Re: Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) by richking: 2:11pm On Aug 13, 2009
It is not just being an enterpreneur alone but one must know what my biz father call marketing strategy. you must know how to start your home base biz on a shoe string.
Re: Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) by infogenius(m): 8:52pm On Aug 13, 2009
burafato:

Hello,
pls i want to register my small scale company under coperate affairs;
how do i go about it? help me.

Burafato

Small scale then you need to register a business name.
Visit the nearest CAC office nearest to you.
You are going to obtain some forms you will be required to fill.
Give them your business name for availability.
Once the name you want is available,you will be required to pay for the name.
Then,
Re: Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) by lazsony2k4: 11:56am On Aug 14, 2009
Actually, starting a business in Nigeria is not easy but it is the best thing to do rather than go out there(outside) to invest.
  Why am I saying this? Successful men in business are those who can take the risk, who can take advantage of other's weaknesses.

Nigerians are mainly pushed with what they see, not what they heard. Telling people that You want to start business here 80% will discourage You because they themselve did not believe in their potentials.
   Starting a business here is not easy but at the end there will be greater rewards, this is guarranteed.
Re: Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) by Jemmie: 1:41pm On Aug 17, 2009
Hello House,

It seems to me that joftech has made up his mind not to go to SCHOOL. He can wait till thy kingdom come but I dont think he will further his education.

Joftech I suppose, as he did not mention whether he passed his SSCE exams but missed classes a great deal, can never make it up to higher degree. Without a foundation, there is no good house/construction. The foundation of h any university degree is missing.

No university either home or abroad will admit a student without secondary school certificate results.

My brother, it is never too late to start over. Pick your pieces and dig them in - put them together and in the right. places. Even Bill Gates will not employ you as much as he knew that you are like his kind; background and into IT.

House, I was interested in the topic that was I clicked to share in the discussion. Abeg, make una continue. This is an avenue to share and correct opinions of some sorts. No FIGHTING sha!

Seun and Kaycey, u both are right, I guess the prob here is definition. We all have the idea of the topic is all about. Lets continue with the topic and leave some stones outside this topic unturned.

Great work guyz!
Re: Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) by copywriter: 5:07pm On Aug 28, 2009
thk you vry much
Re: Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) by technosup: 10:20am On Sep 02, 2009
thanksssssssssssssss
Re: Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) by namun(f): 2:44am On Sep 21, 2009
@kayez, can u put up structures that would be rob proof and minimize loss. if yes. leave a post or ur email so i can drop my number
Re: Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) by Phiry(m): 11:05am On Nov 10, 2009
Being an entrepreneur is a very difficult things. It takes only a few
people to succeed,

The reasons are:

- at some point you get tired of struggling and you'll be on the verge
  of quitting.
- at times you won't have any idea about what to do next. Your idea
   bank runs dry
- there is always a lot to do that you get confused about what to do
  next since you have to do it all by yourself especially if you don't
  have the capital to outsource your jobs or keep staff who can make
  you job easier.
- unwillingness to do extra work
- quitting easily after a failure
- Taking too high a risk that you can't recover from your loss if in case,

The list goes on and on.

Though the benefit can be great in the end but initially you will have
to put in a lot of work,  and as a matter of fact you can only learn from
experience.

You won't have that experience if you are not ready to take risks and
accept failure(s) that come,  & try again (differently though to avoid
getting same result)

That failure(s) is inevitable.

It's just that you'll need extra work and to keep learning (read a lot)
business strategies because you never want to run dry if ideas. it is
easy to lose focus if you don't know what to do next.

burafato:

Hello,
pls i want to register my  small scale company under coperate affairs;
how do i go about it?

To register, lawyer can do it for you and faster that you doing it yourself.
Re: Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) by kunle22(m): 1:01pm On Nov 14, 2009
DO YOU NEED LOAN TO FINANCE YOUR PROJECT
DO YOU HAVE ANY BUSINESS IDEA
WE PARTNERSHIP ON ANY PROJECT THAT GIVE RETURNS
WE PROVIDE INTEREST FREE LOAN

FOR ENQUIRY
kunleojo22@yahoo.com
Re: Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) by kunle22(m): 1:01pm On Nov 14, 2009
DO YOU NEED LOAN TO FINANCE YOUR PROJECT
DO YOU HAVE ANY BUSINESS IDEA
WE PARTNERSHIP ON ANY PROJECT THAT GIVE RETURNS
WE PROVIDE INTEREST FREE LOAN

FOR ENQUIRY
kunleojo22@yahoo.com
Re: Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) by chatwitken: 10:36pm On Nov 17, 2009
I will like to contribute my own quota to starting a bussiness, the best business i can foresee that is good for Nigerians is the exportation business which is a money spinner. And many agricultural products are in Nigeria that is on high demand in the international market. There are agricultural produce that requires less capital and has high profit margin. You can find more information about agricultural export products that you can start with small capital.

http://kenomie..com/

You will get more information from that link i posted
Re: Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) by kodewrita(m): 6:57pm On Mar 31, 2010
@chatwithken HUSTLER
Re: Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) by etutor: 12:06am On Apr 02, 2010
fund rainsing has always being one of the hassles to furge ahead.
Re: Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) by eros(m): 4:18pm On Apr 03, 2010
Thanks for the insight guys, it was very educative reading through your comments
Re: Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) by DOYENSTIC: 12:22am On Jun 26, 2010
I want to start platain plantation in 9ja. Pls advice
Re: Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) by SNAMI: 2:01pm On Oct 22, 2010
Hi Guys, i have been reading all post in this tread and i must say that with the way things are in the country today, white collar jobs are gradually fading out and it is becoming increasingly difficult to get a good job. it is time we change our thinking and mentality. Banks are firing their staff on a daily bases, who will hire this previously highly paid? I was a banker till i gt an advice on business to start but today, the business pays me more than i ever earned on paid employment, all you need is having professionals advice you and also knowing and having a good business plan for your business.

If you want to help yourself or those around you i think it is time you take our time to do the right thing. The Chinese did it and today the are all over the world and even within their country, they have learnt not to depend on paid employment anymore but to find their own and their product is all over.

I have attached here a flier that i think will help considering the caliber of people involved and to secure your future, no amount is to big.

if you say spending N12,000.00 is too much to train your self then consider how much you burn on a daily bases on babes, recharge card for discussions that is not worth it or on other sneaks that may have health hazard on you

Plan your life today and don't have any one to blame in future. the Dangote's and the Adenuga's of this country did it believe in yourself and you will be their. take a look at the flier again and think, you can send it people you think will need it just to help change the rat race.

Re: Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) by bukkytroni: 12:57pm On Mar 09, 2011
Find my little advice from my 10 years entrepreneurial experience:

Integrity: You must do what you say, say what you will do. If people ever get the feeling that you will rip them off just like any other person or experiences they've had in the past, they will gradually back out from patronizing you.

Build relationship: Beyond selling products or services, develop friendship with your clients. In business, there is what is called front-end service/product patronage and back-end service/product patronage. Your product is what you sell first to the customer, the backend service/products are the services/product need of the customer, which they will open up to you when they discover that you can be trusted and you are now their friend. Believe you me, there is much much more money to be made in the back-end.

One good turn deserves another: Give superior services and the clients will stay with you forever (as far as you continue to satisfy them). They will also REFER you to other friends of theirs.

High Standards of quality: Any product or service that you cannot defend, dont even try to sell it. It will surely dent your reputation forever. Reputation takes decade to build, but can be ruined in minutes. BEWARE if indeed you are thinking long term

Resolve all grievances in a friendly manner: As the saying goes, the customer is ALWAYS RIGHT. Don't ever try to win a case or an argument with a customer because, indeed YOU WILL WIN in the short term but YOU WILL LOSE market, profit, people, relationships and customers in the long term, so what's the point? Always see things from their views and act accordingly.

Don't promise what you will not do: Though, it is part of integrity, don't give people false hope, when you don't live up to your words, they may NEVER believe you AGAIN.

Branding: Everything that carry your name or business must represent quality. I have seen inferior business cards, inferior websites, inferior flyers etc. Trust me, its doesnt cost so much to have quality representation. You just need to know WHO can give you good quality jobs, and build a lasting relationship. If you need some of these contacts you can reach me.

What else can I say? Anybody has questions? Please ask and I can give practical examples and answers (the questions I have some ideas, other people on the forum will also give their experiences).

All the best and GOODLUCK (not jonathan)
Re: Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) by headworld: 1:10am On Mar 10, 2011
From soil to oil
Now something is boiling
Our oil tanks are getting exhausted
NOW WE NEED MORE THINK TANKS…
Looking at the challenges (corruption, hunger, complains, power, waste, unemployment, etc) facing us as a Country.
We cannot leave things the way they are
We cannot be part of the problem
What we see are numerous opportunities available by providing solutions.
Prepare…Plan …Execute with SPEED
Strike while the iron is red-hot!

ENTREPRENEURS are WANTED,

Talk to us: Lets get u started or keep u ahead in business.
CALL: OuterEDGE solutions (08066363000) now!

Research
Business plan
Proposal
Feasibility report
Business development & Entrepreneurship Trainings
Start-up advisory (FREE)

Tomorrow belongs to business owners and entrepreneurs!
Re: Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) by elettrodad(m): 10:55am On Mar 11, 2011
Hello everybody.
Please I need advice, as a general rule.
Is it possible to start a business in Nigeria with N3.000.000?
How much is that value in Nigeria? and in West Africa ?

I just want to know if N3mln is something or not.
Here in Europe I can't start nothin with that amount without asking to the banks for a loan.

Thank you for your replies.
Re: Starting a Business (For The Entrepreneurs) by gentl(m): 11:08pm On Jun 03, 2011
everyone main objective is to make money, on my blog i have various mean you can use to raise some money legally, and of course creativity is always welcome, try and check it out yourself
http://homeofinfomation..com/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Customs Is Dishonest About N486bn Revenue - Omokri / Online Shop, Kasuwa Rebrands To Jumia / Apple Paid Out Around $60 Billion To App Store Developers In 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.