Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

Iis And Wamp Server - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Iis And Wamp Server (1190 Views)

Asp.net And Wamp Server / Installing Wamp Server On Vista, Window7 Video Tutorial / Trying To Run Php Project After Installing Wamp Server (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iis And Wamp Server by leastpay(m): 6:12pm On Jun 25, 2012
I want 2 run asp.net on wamp server since i can't my iis on window 7. Pls help
Re: Iis And Wamp Server by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jun 25, 2012
Not possible bro, but i tell you what - install something like vmware on your pc or oracle vm virtual box, this will enable you to install any os of your choice like windows xp on top your windows 7, then you setup aspx inside that virtual os and do your stuff correctly.
Re: Iis And Wamp Server by spikesC(m): 10:00pm On Jun 25, 2012
*dhtml:
Not possible bro, but i tell you what - install something like vmware on your pc or oracle vm virtual box, this will enable you to install any os of your choice like windows xp on top your windows 7, then you setup aspx inside that virtual os and do your stuff correctly.

You should get ur facts right, have u heard of mod_asp. By the way, yes, you can run the 2 servers at the same time but on differient ports.
Re: Iis And Wamp Server by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jun 26, 2012
spikes C:

You should get ur facts right, have u heard of mod_asp. By the way, yes, you can run the 2 servers at the same time but on differient ports.

Just checked it up now, i might be a bit outdated. But the solution i described works well for me - and for other developers.

http://httpd.apache.org/modules/#mod_aspdotnet - have not used it yet though, will give it a trial some time. Thanks

Running different servers is no big deal, but that is beside the point though. . . .

@spikes, anyone can google up stuffs, but have you used the module, if yes, then tell us how it works, because i am seeing things like experimental on that web page.
Re: Iis And Wamp Server by leastpay(m): 4:41pm On Jun 26, 2012
THANKS BRO I WILL GIVE U THE FEEDBACK
Re: Iis And Wamp Server by spikesC(m): 8:21pm On Jun 26, 2012
*dhtml:

Just checked it up now, i might be a bit outdated. But the solution i described works well for me - and for other developers.

http://httpd.apache.org/modules/#mod_aspdotnet - have not used it yet though, will give it a trial some time. Thanks

Running different servers is no big deal, but that is beside the point though. . . .

@spikes, anyone can google up stuffs, but have you used the module, if yes, then tell us how it works, because i am seeing things like experimental on that web page.

Unfortunately, i have never developed an application that requires both. I think, technically, every asp.net application has a php counterpart.
But i have used it on my development server, testing stuffs.
And yes, i used virtual box on an intranet which already has another asp.net web application, this was because of security and i like making my settings from scratch...besides, i don't even know what the guy has in his apps. grin
Re: Iis And Wamp Server by Nobody: 6:41am On Jun 27, 2012
Hmmn, you are correct. . .i do hope he will try the mod_aspdotnet and tell us the results. Some programmers like me have grown quite lazy and will usually take the easiest way out.
Also i read that the mod_asp does not support dotnet 2.0 fully.
Re: Iis And Wamp Server by spikesC(m): 8:33am On Jun 27, 2012
*dhtml:
Hmmn, you are correct. . .i do hope he will try the mod_aspdotnet and tell us the results. Some programmers like me have grown quite lazy and will usually take the easiest way out.
Also i read that the mod_asp does not support dotnet 2.0 fully.

I wouldn't say you're lazy, just that u don't like repeating yourself. After as they say in OOP, never repeat yourself wink
Well, you guys have gone far in programming thats why u don't like all those boring parts anymore. We still dey start nah, we always wanna get our hands dirty grin
Re: Iis And Wamp Server by Nobody: 8:40am On Jun 27, 2012
hMMN, I think you have a point. For old programmers, you know how you normally get things done, so you will not bother to search. . . .or try new methods - you want to quickly get your money. . . . .
But i like learning new things, but work demands is rather much. . . .

(1) (Reply)

J2ME App Selectively Working On Phones / Lets Solve Some Javascript Problems / 강남매직미러《o1o 9742 1199》♬김사랑실장 강남매직미러초이스 선릉매직미러초이스 역삼매직미러초이스 강남풀사롱가격 강남풀살롱견적 강남풀사롱예

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.