Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey (41276 Views)

Nigeria: From One Clueless President To Another Clueless President? / Jonathan's Clueless Endorsement Speech Of Dickson In Bayelsa Today / David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by chukelvin(m): 11:44am On Jun 26, 2012
Mekusnwa: Where did they go to pick this character from? There's no end to what theses Gej haters will not do to get at him. Suddenly, they hve gone to generate a Ghanian professor to come and give a disjointed analyses of that interesting Media chat. Who interviewed this professor? Who made him world's foremost economist? I will not be surprised if this man was cloned by SAHARAREPORTERS or Kobojunkie to lend credibility to their falsehood. Let me assume that the man exist and face the issues raised.
1. He acted in ignorance when he said the president didn't declare his assets. The president indeed declared his assets but it was not made public. Even if you doubt it, the assets declaration that he did as Vp under Yaradua still subsists as he has not left office since then. So why the noise over assets declaration?
2. It is an insult on the sensibilities of Nigerians for the so called Ayitteh to label our President as insane and with unsound mind. Who adjudged Jonathan as having unsound mind? Did Ayitteh evaluate a medical report to that effect? How did he arrive at this weighty derogatory statement against a PHD holder? Who is Ayitteh to tell us we voted an insane President? please there must be an end to useless propaganda.
3. The so called Ayitteh questioned why GEJ has not fixed Maidugri airport for his usage. I want to ask, has Ghana even fixed the airport at Accra talkless of the one in hinterland? Is it Not the airport where a cargo aircraft crashed due to water logged runway. Meanwhile, Gej is carrying out massive reconstruction of airports across the country. He is doing in less than one year what many of his predecessors could not do all thru their tenure. Go to Abuja airport, the domestic wing has been closed down for intensive renovation. New car parks are being built. At the international wing, the runways are being built and the entire airport infrastructure is being rebuilt. Similar projects are going on simultaneously in Enugu, Lagos, etc
4. He said GEJ's Agric revolution is only restricted to distribution of palm seedlings. What an affront on truth. Even a toddler in Nigeria has come to know about the cassava revolution and fertilizer distribution reforms scheme.
5. Thankfully, the fake prof accepted the massive construction of rail lines across the country but only faulted the projects on account of what he described as non inclusion of Nigerians in the contract. Who told him? And since when has a Ghanian assumed the role of our local content enforcement officer?
6. He ended up betraying his true identity as an interested party when he said the president needed to consult the university authority and students body before renaming Unilag. What a joke!
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Orikinla(m): 11:45am On Jun 26, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

Maybe Lagos State needs to do what other States are doing which is fix the Federal roads and charge the Federal government for work done. Rivers is doing it and so are many other States

I beg to disagree.
[size=28pt]
There are worse roads on the streets of Lagos than the Federal roads in the state.
Streets in Surulere are terrible and with potholes looking like craters on the moon![/size]
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by mikeuz(m): 11:45am On Jun 26, 2012
We are pissed by GEJ, dats ryt, bt dat doesn't give any foreign prof, d ryt 2 insult our president.we don't insult his country's president. Wot he shuld have done is render solution or advice, nt insult. 4 d insults, I say dat prof an idiot, a fool looking for attention, e shuld go 2 his country and get dat.

D most annoying tin is dat al dese nairaland haters are even supporting him,instead of rebuking him, tis is an issue of national pride, not an issue of GEJ, we already know he has not done enough. So unpatriotic Nigerians-this shows known of U hav tis country's interest at heart, u're worst dan GEJ.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by chukelvin(m): 11:46am On Jun 26, 2012
U just a big fool,clueless follower of a cluess presidenj
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Zutchy: 11:50am On Jun 26, 2012
How can someone in all honesty after listening to the presidential chat decide to start distorting facts,and then go ahead to turn something that millions of people listened to on its head and then suddenly start calling white black,that is dishonesty in it's fullest form.the president made an effort and tried to the best of his ability to explain all that he was asked in the simplest way possible so that even if you are literate,semi literate or even illiterate you would understand him and at least follow up when he was breaking down all that his govt was working on,if the man had come and started to speak big grammar some worthless people would have still castigated him.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by 1025: 11:50am On Jun 26, 2012
my concern here is how in a population of over 200 million nigerians, only animal farmers got the opportunity to rule over human beings.
look at obasanjo, he deals with poultry products like fowls, pigs and goats and he is the self acclaimed father of nigeria. jonathan on his own read zoology. what does a zoology do? go to zoo and interact with animals mostly wide animals like monkey, snakes, lions, antelope etc. when these two combine to make up for the ruling class not even in the animal kingdom but in the human kingdom. why won't they treat us like animals?
these guys are used to animals and as such tend to take us for animals whenever they want to act. imagine a selectedelected president say, he doesn't give a danm. why won't farouk take a bribe or why won't bankole steal? abuja and aso rock in particular is the head quarters of corruption in the country.
the jonathan i know will soon respond to the ghanian professor who just told him the bitter truth.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by tpapi: 11:52am On Jun 26, 2012
dont8:
He was my lecturer in Fishery! He taught me reckless talk and cluelessness!
no wonder u r clueless n talk so recklessly on nld, mutula
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Mekusnwa: 11:56am On Jun 26, 2012
mbhs139:

How wrong you are there! Clearly shows you don't know Lagos. But you should have sought knowledge before commenting on what you don't know? Lagos started fixing federal roads before other states, that was part of the problem between Tinubu and OBJ. For your information, the ongoing badagry road expansion by the lagos state government is owned by the federal government.
The way you guys talk as if Gej's govt has not done anything on roads baffles me. Systematically, some people in Nairaland keep hiding the truth from the public. But I will make bold to list GEJ's achievement on roads so that genuine minded people will know and take steps to verify while the haters and BH Nairalanders,will find another opportunity to reign in their insults and abuses. In just one year, precisely 2011 budget, Gej was able to award and also complete some of the road projects across the country viz; Owerri-Onitsha, Afikpo-Okigwe, 9th mile, Auchi-Okene, Benin-Ore-Lagos(80%), Apapa-Oshodi expressway awarded to Julius Berger, Kaduna eastern Byepass, Kano Byepass, Keffi-Akwanga-Lafia, Obi-Awe-Lafia, Kano - Maidugri, Kolo- Nembe-brass, Zaria-Funtua-Gusau which is above 101 km. let's be factual please
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by SpiritofOkija(m): 11:58am On Jun 26, 2012
ballabriggs:

It is false to say no real data collection was carried out. Some of the components of the index were sourced from national and international statistical bodies including the World Health Organisation which has a country office in Nigeria.

Its just like the say 75% of Nigerians are living below the poverty line of $1.25 (220 Naira) per day...

No real records
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by brabus(m): 11:58am On Jun 26, 2012
Naijagunner83: Not dying in silence is not the same as flaunting your ignorance and lack of knowledge of your Country's policies, prospects, achievements and challenges. And rather tow the folly of a mad Ghanaian proffersor who does not know us. Ghana is a fellow West African (rival) neighbour and this is an attempt to rubbish the image, pride and integrity of our fatherland

Excuse my ignorance and lack of knowledge! Educate us further on what the President is doing (in the area of corruption) that you know that he's not willing to share with us.

If you ask me, I'll say GEJ is too ideologically
motivated to be an effective president. At these present times, Nigerians need the smart and rational people to come back.
You don't need a binoculars to understand what the policies this administration has conjured up will do to our country.

Of course, people can be smart and rational but not have the best interests of the country at the top of their priorities list.

The Ghanaian Professor is only showing concern because they can see clearly from the outside.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by charles424(m): 12:04pm On Jun 26, 2012
Why do we Nigerians always shy away from the truth Are we jinxed?No light,no water,no good roads,no jobs,killings and armed robbery all over,kidnappings, terrorist attacks against one religion,stealing by government officialls with all these we still say nothing is wrong..Is the professor wrong about all he said?Is he a yorubaman?is he an hausaman?omg...which way Nigeria?
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by ballabriggs: 12:06pm On Jun 26, 2012
Mekusnwa: The way you guys talk as if Gej's govt has not done anything on roads baffles me. Systematically, some people in Nairaland keep hiding the truth from the public. But I will make bold to list GEJ's achievement on roads so that genuine minded people will know and take steps to verify while the haters and BH Nairalanders,will find another opportunity to reign in their insults and abuses. In just one year, precisely 2011 budget, Gej was able to award and also complete some of the road projects across the country viz; Owerri-Onitsha, Afikpo-Okigwe, 9th mile, Auchi-Okene, Benin-Ore-Lagos(80%), Apapa-Oshodi expressway awarded to Julius Berger, Kaduna eastern Byepass, Kano Byepass, Keffi-Akwanga-Lafia, Obi-Awe-Lafia, Kano - Maidugri, Kolo- Nembe-brass, Zaria-Funtua-Gusau which is above 101 km. let's be factual please

Seriously, when you list road maintenance as a Presidents achievement, you know there is failure written all over. It is about reducing the poverty of nations. That is what we want to judge him on having been there for over two years now. To what extent has the poverty rate reduced? Are more people coming out of poverty or are more people going into poverty? What is the standard of living comparable to what it was two years ago? Babangida and Abacha completed a lot of road projects, did that reduce the poverty of the nation? In my years of being in the UK, I have never heard the PM talk of the construction and maintenance of roads as his achievement, it shows trying to hang on to anything to show he is not a failure.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by brabus(m): 12:07pm On Jun 26, 2012
Mekusnwa: The way you guys talk as if Gej's govt has not done anything on roads baffles me. Systematically, some people in Nairaland keep hiding the truth from the public. But I will make bold to list GEJ's achievement on roads so that genuine minded people will know and take steps to verify while the haters and BH Nairalanders,will find another opportunity to reign in their insults and abuses. In just one year, precisely 2011 budget, Gej was able to award and also complete some of the road projects across the country viz; Owerri-Onitsha, Afikpo-Okigwe, 9th mile, Auchi-Okene, Benin-Ore-Lagos(80%), Apapa-Oshodi expressway awarded to Julius Berger, Kaduna eastern Byepass, Kano Byepass, Keffi-Akwanga-Lafia, Obi-Awe-Lafia, Kano - Maidugri, Kolo- Nembe-brass, Zaria-Funtua-Gusau which is above 101 km. let's be factual please

Is it the same Benin-Ore-Lagos of Nigeria you're talking about? Provide your facts, I'll send thousands of pictures to refute your claims.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by ballabriggs: 12:12pm On Jun 26, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

Its just like the say 75% of Nigerians are living below the poverty line of $1.25 (220 Naira) per day...

No real records

That was published by the National Bureau of Statistics under the office of the Presidency. Like I said, if you have better figures than what is being used please provide it for the sake of humanity.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Mandelaguy(m): 12:12pm On Jun 26, 2012
PetroDolla: so tell me, what are some of the 'major major' challenges facing Ghana you alluded to? Ghana being a vibrant democracy and this being an election yr,u expect to have a charged political atmosphere and people say all sorts on the net,radio,tv,newspapers etc.but let me assure you that the issue of President Mills will be resolved by the good people of Ghana at the polls in Dec.that's the beauty o f the Ghanaian system. can you say the same for nigeria,where the pdp has vowed to stay in power for the next 150 years.Ghanaian leaders know they have to perform or they'll be voted out n that's why is Ghana is making progress. We're not there yet,but give us 5 yrs and you're going to see a totally new,very prosperous Ghana.

I have relatives in Ghana,all of you defending Ghana are jokers. Anyway, we should learn the issues to talk about on this forum and the ones to ignore. The so called professor should have addressed his country's issues before looking our way(I know they are not better)but we can see the reason why he did not on this forum. Most of us have made it our profession to castigate everything in this country and when some sane people try to restore sanity,they are either labelled paid,or pro Jonathan. We are proudly Nigerian and will spill our last blood to protect the integrity of this nation and can only achieve that by being constructive in our criticisms,proffering solutions to our problems,economically,socially,security wise,e..t.c building a nation is a collective responsibility and our children will hold us accountable if we fail. What am saying is(in simple terms for those slowpokes and jokers here) stop hurling insults here and there,shares deals,trade views and all. I will not join issues with an American based professor who knows nothing about the internal workings of this country. We who hlive here, having spen little years outside the shores of this great naion will authoritatively tell you that the greatest forces that pull down the building of any country or economy is sabotage. Sabotage come in different forms because of the varying self interests at the minds of the perpetrators. Some people like kobojunkie and co are here making claims about this and that,labelling and inciting people without having afore knowledge of what they are talking about,inasmuch as they claim otherwise. It will interest you to note that they use verbal abuse and their mindset is that everyone on this forum who is on the other side or with a conflicting opinion is venal. My position remains,build,don't pull down. The country has been passing thro a difficult phase,and like some sensible people have een saying,let us stop insults and criticise objectively. If after all said and done GEJ fails, we will all say it,but for now,we should commend him on he areas he is succeedng and encourage him on the areas he is trying to and caution him on the areas he is failing to address. This is what democracy is all about and this is our own responsibility and contribution and not to use his forum for name calling,mudslinging, insults and arguing over which idiot said this or that.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by otondo55: 12:14pm On Jun 26, 2012
I lost hope in GEJ long time ago. He really disappointed the hope we beacon on him as the Messiah.

He is never in charge and things are seriously falling apart under his watch.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by pssword: 12:16pm On Jun 26, 2012
GEJ has his faults, no president in the world, indeed Africa, is perfect. As many responders here have rightly said, the Prof should face his country and his president. Throwing cheap insults at GEJ is uncouth and will not help African social economic development in any fashion. There was nothing concrete from his vociferous outburst but rather it just another round of Nigeria bashing from Ghanaians, something we are getting used to these days..
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by tpapi: 12:25pm On Jun 26, 2012
sleek29: The maiduguri 'excuse' was really not smart by the president, OBJ visited the same maiduguri, how did he get there?, he clearly showed his 'unpresidentialness' with that statement, @ the peak of the war in iraq george bush visited iraq, a C-in-C talking like that only shows weakness and is capable of empowering enemies of the state, let's drop the sentiments, whether Ghanian prof or not, GEJ messed up again!
r u also aware dat bh said they had obj under their radar wen he came 2 visit maiduguri n if they wanted 2 eliminate obj they wud av done it,can u imagine wat d response wud av bin like
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by nagoma(m): 12:28pm On Jun 26, 2012

I know five of the roads you mentioned very well indeed. None of them was started by GEJ and if anything work has slowed down and grinding to a halt. Don't bamboozle us with crap. GEJ was not voted on merit but on tribal bigotry and sectarian deception of good Nigerians. He is no good.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Image123(m): 12:29pm On Jun 26, 2012
did the president truly say "you may not know, but we are working"? o ma se o, what sort of mystery be dis?
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Mekusnwa: 12:30pm On Jun 26, 2012
brabus:

Excuse my ignorance and lack of knowledge! Educate us further on what the President is doing (in the area of corruption) that you know that he's not willing to share with us.

If you ask me, I'll say GEJ is too ideologically
motivated to be an effective president. At these present times, Nigerians need the smart and rational people to come back.
You don't need a binoculars to understand what the policies this administration has conjured up will do to our country.

Of course, people can be smart and rational but not have the best interests of the country at the top of their priorities list.

The Ghanaian Professor is only showing concern because they can see clearly from the outside.
if you listened very carefully to the presidents chat without watching Euro 2012, you would hve heard when he asked Maokpe Ogun to take steps to verify from the ICPC boss about the level of autonomy they enjoy. The president categorically said he gives both EFCC and ICPC the latitude to perform their task. And if ure truthful to ur self on your perception of Gej, you know it's not a lie. Gej is not intimidating or a bully like Obj. First, It was under Gej's first week in office that the EFCC arrested and charged Bankole. Next, Gej signed into law the FOI Act which other presidents hve been dodging to sign since the Obj days. Next, Gej rescucitated the Ibori case and the subsequent trial in Uk. I know many will want to discredit this as political witchunt, but what can they also say about the trial and prosecution of Gbenga Daniel, Alao Akala, Abdullahi adamu of Nassarawa, Danjuma Goje and most recently Timi sylva. When the EFCC boss appeared incompetent, he sacked her and replaced him with Lamorde who under Ribadu carried out investigations against Gej. That move was welcomed by all and sundry. Gej's govt has been initiating series of probes into several Government Ministries and Agencies. It was Gej that directed the freezing if accounts and the subsequent evaluation of the pensions scheme which led to the senate probe on pensions that has revealed over 125 billion fraud. The Fg has also directed the EFCC to charge them and they hve been charged and presently facing trial. Presently, the minister of finance is doing bio metric capturing of federal workers and blocking all areas of leakages thru the integrated online payment system . To curb the menace of abandoned contracts, the Fg has directed that there will no longer be mobilization payments to contractors. Under, Gej all types of probes are flourishing. Anybody is at liberty to start investigation on any sector, there's no interference nor the bulliying that we used to see during the Obj days. The Fg started also by cutting allowances of public servants. He slashed the allowances of lawmakers from 42 m quareterly to 15 m quarterly. Wetin again una wan make this man do? Farouk lawan case has been taken up by the police,
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by nagoma(m): 12:33pm On Jun 26, 2012
pssword: GEJ has his faults, no president in the world, indeed Africa, is perfect. As many responders here have rightly said, the Prof should face his country and his president. Throwing cheap insults at GEJ is uncouth and will not help African social economic development in any fashion. There was nothing concrete from his vociferous outburst but rather it just another round of Nigeria bashing from Ghanaians, something we are getting used to these days..
g
You cannot incite Nigerians against Ghanians for that. The distinguished professor is right and as an academic he can talk about , Egyptian , Bolivian, Siberian or Nigeria politics.
Those arm chair Professors of nose picking need to wake up and speak for the people.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Mandelaguy(m): 12:39pm On Jun 26, 2012
Mekusnwa: if you listened very carefully to the presidents chat without watching Euro 2012, you would hve heard when he asked Maokpe Ogun to take steps to verify from the ICPC boss about the level of autonomy they enjoy. The president categorically said he gives both EFCC and ICPC the latitude to perform their task. And if ure truthful to ur self on your perception of Gej, you know it's not a lie. Gej is not intimidating or a bully like Obj. First, It was under Gej's first week in office that the EFCC arrested and charged Bankole. Next, Gej signed into law the FOI Act which other presidents hve been dodging to sign since the Obj days. Next, Gej rescucitated the Ibori case and the subsequent trial in Uk. I know many will want to discredit this as political witchunt, but what can they also say about the trial and prosecution of Gbenga Daniel, Alao Akala, Abdullahi adamu of Nassarawa, Danjuma Goje and most recently Timi sylva. When the EFCC boss appeared incompetent, he sacked her and replaced him with Lamorde who under Ribadu carried out investigations against Gej. That move was welcomed by all and sundry. Gej's govt has been initiating series of probes into several Government Ministries and Agencies. It was Gej that directed the freezing if accounts and the subsequent evaluation of the pensions scheme which led to the senate probe on pensions that has revealed over 125 billion fraud. The Fg has also directed the EFCC to charge them and they hve been charged and presently facing trial. Presently, the minister of finance is doing bio metric capturing of federal workers and blocking all areas of leakages thru the integrated online payment system . To curb the menace of abandoned contracts, the Fg has directed that there will no longer be mobilization payments to contractors. Under, Gej all types of probes are flourishing. Anybody is at liberty to start investigation on any sector, there's no interference nor the bulliying that we used to see during the Obj days. The Fg started also by cutting allowances of public servants. He slashed the allowances of lawmakers from 42 m quareterly to 15 m quarterly. Wetin again una wan make this man do? Farouk lawan case has been taken up by the police,
if I commend you now, the will start their conspiracy theory,but the truth is tha I have come into this form to air my views and will not be intimidated or shut up and no amount of mudslinging can make me back down from any position I take n national issues. Well done!
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by ubandire(m): 12:45pm On Jun 26, 2012
homerac7: ^

Met someone who knew him as a lecturer and he was described as boring to death.

Also someone who knew him in UNIPORT during his Ph.d days and was told he failed his thesis defence thrice and Alams had to call d VC to save his deputy from d embarrassment before he was finally passed. Although I haven't been able to check his ph.d award date against d year of his service as deputy governor.

Then shut up and stop vending fake rumour.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by tunnytox(m): 12:48pm On Jun 26, 2012
I fear for Nigeria's future judging by the responses of many posters on this thread. Instead of concentrating on the message they put their attention on the messenger, some posters are even so passionate to defend their president from 'insults' than they are concerned on his suitability for the job. Only a fool will so concerned about eczema when he's been afflicted with leprosy. What has insulting Jona got to do with the fact that people are hungry, insecure and dying everyday while the political elite continue to feast on the nation's wealth? If you have ever been hungry before, been deprived of your right or being abused by the Nigerian govt in one way or the other you'll be more concerned about governance rather than protecting your president from insult.
No reasonable president need more than one year before people starts to feel the impact of his work, you don't need more than one year to:
- Start the restructuring Nigerian police and the overall security of Nigeria - this government does not even have a plan!
- fight corruption and jailing of offenders in high places
- develop and start to implement a plan of action to mend each sector of the Nigerian economy
But as it is now it look like its going to take Jona a decade to make up his mind on how to govern, stupid and clueless president.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by kaelz(m): 12:49pm On Jun 26, 2012
onatisi:

you are the beeeeessssstt fooooooool in the world!
Juz like u think ur dad is!!
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by ubandire(m): 12:51pm On Jun 26, 2012
nagoma:
g
You cannot incite Nigerians against Ghanians for that. The distinguished professor is right and as an academic he can talk about , Egyptian , Bolivian, Siberian or Nigeria politics.
Those arm chair Professors of nose picking need to wake up and speak for the people.

That is how much u've sold this country to our neighbours,have u heard echoes from Ghana?u let an uncelebrated and unknown ghanaian so called prof who has been hired to deceive us and refer to our president in uncouth language.I pity u.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by onatisi(m): 12:53pm On Jun 26, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

And the vultures have arrived..

Me sleep with my two eyes closed ke?! In Ghana?! A country that hates Nigerians as if we are the ones responsible for your horrible skin colour?! Ghana!! That I had to hide the fact that I am Nigerian for fear of a xenophobic attack.. Its still amazing how a Nigerian in Ghana is such a big deal yet Ghanaians in Nigeria are all persona non grata and nobody even bothers to identify with them specially.

And no sir!! I didnt put up the pictures to say that they were bad, but to point out that if those were the Yardstick for measuring airports, then Nigeria has over 36 airports Nationwide.. Every two Story building close to the airport is a tower, every stretch of highway longer and straighter than 3 kilometers is a runway..
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by 4evergod3: 12:54pm On Jun 26, 2012
GEJ IS ALL OF THE BELOW AND MORE...........

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by uzomagic(m): 12:55pm On Jun 26, 2012
ballabriggs:

If this is what agricultural revolution means to you, then you need to have your head examined.

Secondly, a Professor who appears on TED Q&A is a fake Professor? You are sick but you don't know. Your lengthy post would not deceive us. The day Jona appears on such a platform, he would collapse before the end of the event.

Finally, the President expects his citizens to live at the level of universal ethical principles by "working even when NEPA takes light"- which is almost impossible- but won't live at that level by declaring his assets. Is he not a hypocrite?
He's not fake but he's a little senile. His Nigerian sponsors should adequately educate him before he takes to his ranting.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by 4evergod3: 12:58pm On Jun 26, 2012
Na wa o

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by ubandire(m): 12:59pm On Jun 26, 2012
tunnytox: I fear for Nigeria's future judging by the responses of many posters on this thread. Instead of concentrating on the message they put their attention on the messenger, some posters are even so passionate to defend their president from 'insults' than they are concerned on his suitability for the job. Only a fool will so concerned about eczema when he's been afflicted with leprosy. What has insulting Jona got to do with the fact that people are hungry, insecure and dying everyday while the political elite continue to feast on the nation's wealth? If you have ever been hungry before, been deprived of your right or being abused by the Nigerian govt in one way or the other you'll be more concerned about governance rather than protecting your president from insult.
No reasonable president need more than one year before people starts to feel the impact of his work, you don't need more than one year to:
- Start the restructuring Nigerian police and the overall security of Nigeria - this government does not even have a plan!
- fight corruption and jailing of offenders in high places
- develop and start to implement a plan of action to mend each sector of the Nigerian economy
But as it is now it look like its going to take Jona a decade to make up his mind on how to govern, stupid and clueless president.

We should be more concerned about nigeria's future because of people like u,who have vowed to hate this administration,how can u be quoting a relatively unknown 'prof'who has been hired to say rubbish,and u have blindly followed without analysing,has he ever lived here?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply)

Look At What A Police Officer Did To This Guy Because Of Fuel Scarcity / President Buhari Promises To Resign If He Fails To Recover Soon - Independent / Picture Of The Day. President Buhari And VP Osinbajo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.