Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,623 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey (41272 Views)

Nigeria: From One Clueless President To Another Clueless President? / Jonathan's Clueless Endorsement Speech Of Dickson In Bayelsa Today / David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Kobojunkie: 2:32pm On Jun 26, 2012
Fhemmmy: I am going through for the first time and this is what we have been saying, GEJ is clueless . . . I like him as a person, but surely not as a leader . . . .

How can you like him as a person? Have you ever met him before? have you two spent some quality time together for you to state definitively that you like him as a person?

Abeg, let's stop mixing guguru with rocks and pretending it is really guguru and epa! You do not know him PERSONALLY except for pictures of him you have seen. You can only talk of knowing him from his work record. PERIOD!
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by dayo23(f): 2:33pm On Jun 26, 2012
tjcrown:

why did you refuse or fail to say AMEN to the prayer that YOUR LIFE WILL BE RUN IN A MANNER GOODLUCK IS RUNNING THIS COUNTRY. You are all over the space singing President's praise. Even if you are his relative or you are being the number of response you post per day, you need to be diplomatic with your response. Let me ask you; Do you know the number of people being murdered and maimed on a weekly basis and my president could not curb it? Do you know the number of citizens- graduates wallowing in a abject poverty? Do you that more than 2 trillion naira subsidy fraud is more than Nigeria annual budget and my president is still dining and wining with the suspects ( Anyway, they financed his campaign)? Do you know the cost of travelling for international meeting with more than 100 delegates and the cost to you and i? Nobody is asking for perfection from GEJ but just to solve our basic problems.

Please, MR Melakwu or what, even if you have been paid, have mercy on 150 million nigerians, the youngs and olds. Do you know, I have a friend in Dana Air crash and our president did not sack the aviation minister who failed to monitor airline for safety. This guy had less than a year old kid, what do you think will become this little angel fate, when his dad was killed by ineptitude and corruption of our leaders. You know the crash was avoidable but alas it was not averted. You may ask me if i expect GEJ to stay at the airport and check the aircraft? Obviously NO! Thats why he has a minister responsible for that role and when she failed to perform, she should be sacked with immediate alactrity. But can your president sack her? Of course no. Do you know why? she financed GEJ campaign and she sponsors door to door campaign and thats the reason live of hundreds is sacrificed. God will pay you back in your own coin.
I feel ur pain my Brother....., u hav said it all!
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by leon25aug: 2:33pm On Jun 26, 2012
For any one to be pro-GEJ after his media chat on sunday-shame on u & ur generation wil never see&knw the truth. Dis is not wat a president shld be,d professor in his wisdom has critically said it all...GEJ's response is so unintelligent &i felt lyk crying,if only we can tell ourselves d truth we can stop PDP&money bag Generals from hand picking remote controld mules in sensitive offices lyk dis,dragging us 4-8yrs back. I'm baffled dat a country lyk dis nation has been crushed under the weight and stale breath of ppl GEJ wld gladly refer to as d CABALS...an effeminate man has no biz.or hand in running a NIGERIA of ours&childrens dream,for how long shall we kip cutting corners &groin under d pain &hardship we are being subjected to ...we can sit in d comfort of our homes and write on NAIRALAND while over 70% of us are illiterates or have no access to d internet. This change we so demand starts wit the man u see in d mirror, wen u care to look. If they won't let us dream we won't let them sleep.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by ipromise: 2:37pm On Jun 26, 2012
While critisizing as a professor he should be OBJECTIVE, each of his complained should be with suggested solution. To show his not biased, he suppose to stated clear GEJ achivement. With his opinion i personally think his educative attainment is questionable..Is ghana not under-developing nation?
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by londoner: 2:42pm On Jun 26, 2012
This Professor should rather face president Mills, because many of his countrymen are not happy with him.

http://katakyie.com/?p=341

^^^article on the top 50 failed promises of mills.

Oh and by the way his own president gave out cocoa seeds to farmers as a way to aid agriculture.....this is something he is criticizing GEJ for.....but are those farmers he gave seeds to complaining about it though?

Also, instead of saying that GEJ is doing nothing about BH, he and the rest of us should be honest.....even we know it is a situation which can not be easily solved. Almost every option he has at his disposal can (and may very well) lead to an immediate civil war. Lets not all pretend that it is a simple thing to get rid of.

Instead Yittey should ask Mills what he is doing about the unrest in the north of Ghana (and other areas) in recent times which has left people fleeing in their thousands.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by alpontif(m): 2:43pm On Jun 26, 2012
To all GEJ SUPPORTERS. May the gods run your Life the way GEJ is running Nigeria, may Eshu laalu ogirioko, the mischief maker bless you the way GEJ is blessing the poor masses, May Ogun lakaaya osin mole, olominile fejewe, olashonile fimokimo bora be your guardian angel whenever you are driving or flying in Nigeria. May your portion in life be like Nigeria Under GEJ's tenure. so shall it be, aro a ro mo.. whether you like it or not , it shall come to pass in youR life. I dont give a damn..!
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Fhemmmy: 2:47pm On Jun 26, 2012
Kobojunkie:

How can you like him as a person? Have you ever met him before? have you two spent some quality time together for you to state definitively that you like him as a person?

Abeg, let's stop mixing guguru with rocks and pretending it is really guguru and epa! You do not know him PERSONALLY except for pictures of him you have seen. You can only talk of knowing him from his work record. PERIOD!

Honestly, i really like him as a person/Individual . . . and i was expecting so much from him.
But his leadership style has been horrible, and way of thinking scares me . . .
Since the day i saw his budget on feeding, I am yet to stop scratching my head . . Also, wanna give him the reasonable of the doubt till able to confirm some of what the man said about - Visiting the state with Boko Haram problem, Cotton seed and some other stuff.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Fhemmmy: 2:48pm On Jun 26, 2012
londoner: This Professor should rather face president Mills, because many of his countrymen are not happy with him.

http://katakyie.com/?p=341

^^^article on the top 50 failed promises of mills.

Oh and by the way his own president gave out cocoa seeds to farmers as a way to aid agriculture.....this is something he is criticizing GEJ for.....but are those farmers he gave seeds to complaining about it though?

Also, instead of saying that GEJ is doing nothing about BH, he and the rest of us should be honest.....even we know it is a situation which can not be easily solved. Almost every option he has at his disposal can (and may very well) lead to an immediate civil war. Lets not all pretend that it is a simple thing to get rid of.

Instead Yittey should ask Mills what he is doing about the unrest in the north of Ghana (and other areas) in recent times which has left people fleeing in their thousands.

Yes, that could be true, but that still does not take anything away from the fact that we daft people are led by daft leaders
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Kobojunkie: 2:51pm On Jun 26, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Honestly, i really like him as a person/Individual . . . and i was expecting so much from him.
But his leadership style has been horrible, and way of thinking scares me . . .
Since the day i saw his budget on feeding, I am yet to stop scratching my head . . Also, wanna give him the reasonable of the doubt till able to confirm some of what the man said about - Visiting the state with Boko Haram problem, Cotton seed and some other stuff.

You cannot like him as a person until you can say you KNOW him. Stop confusing your IDEAS of his person with his person. You do not know him. YOu only know of him through stories and pictures you have of who he is.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by PhysicsQED(m): 2:52pm On Jun 26, 2012
Kobojunkie:

CORRECTION, he has been sworn-in as President TWICE, and that means He has failed on both requirements. His 2010 swearing in ended in 2009 when he was sworn-in again. Note the stipulation is that it be done BEFORE every swearing in and after each term.

So people OPEN YOUR EYES to what your constitution says.

Kobo kobo kobo, I'm disappointed. You usually seem good at picking little holes wherever you can and building mountains out of small details but in this case you're just wrong.

This is what the constitution actually says:

"140. (1) A person elected to the office of President shall not begin to perform the functions of that office until he has declared his assets and liabilities as prescribed in this Constitution and he has taken and subscribed the Oath of Allegiance and the oath of office prescribed in the Seventh Schedule to this Constitution.

(2) The oaths aforesaid shall be administered by the Chief Justice of Nigeria or the person for the time being appointed to exercise the functions of that office. "

Now how does one "declare his assets and liabilities as prescribed in this Constitution"?

In this manner:

"Declaration of assets

- (1) Subject to the provisions of this Constitution, every public officer shall within three months after the coming into force of this Code of Conduct or immediately after taking office and thereafter -

(a) at the end of every four years; and

(b) at the end of his term of office, submit to the Code of Conduct Bureau a written declaration of all his properties, assets, and liabilities and those of his unmarried children under the age of eighteen years."

And the meaning of this?

Assets are declared

a) within 3 months of taking office or "immediately" after (not before) taking office

and

b) 4 years after taking office

and

c) after leaving office

GEJ declared his assets to the Code of Conduct Bureau in May 2010 after becoming president in February of 2010 and has not left office since then. Maybe you'll have a case four years from when he took office or when GEJ leaves office, but until then, you're just blowing hot air on this particular issue like the Ghanaian professor was.

I know this is not too difficult to understand, Kobo.

Please try and open your own eyes next time.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Kobojunkie: 2:59pm On Jun 26, 2012
Um . . . Goodluck Jonathan DID NOT declare his assets in 2010 . . . (assuming we even go with what you have above). The man made it clear it was against his "PRINCIPLES", and even though he did it on Yar adua's request back in 2007, he was AGAINST IT . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

According to reports that have been put forth by some, the CCB only expected to have one for him for 2007 and 2011. So if we are to go with what you are insinuating, we really should expect him to have one for 2007, 2010, and 2011 since, he RESUMED office as President twice in those periods, and the first he served as Vice President.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 26, 2012
And where is Mr. Reno Omokri a.k.a Beaf.
I've gone 2ru some pages in this thread but I can't find any of his comment. Why?
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by londoner: 3:01pm On Jun 26, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Yes, that could be true, but that still does not take anything away from the fact that we daft people are led by daft leaders

I am not saying that we as a people, and GEJ as a president can/should not do better. My point is that this professor before criticizing GEJ....he needs to look closer to home.

Even if he gives his opinion, he should do his research also, as an academic and a professional.

I dont expect someone who calls himself a professor to spew out such insightful suggestions to a population which is already uneasy.

He would never suggest the same to Ghanaians even though they are not happy with Mills......
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by PhysicsQED(m): 3:02pm On Jun 26, 2012
Kobo addict,

GEJ declared his assets to the Code of Conduct Bureau on May 26, 2010. What you are referring to is GEJ's opposition to publishing his assets while VP under Yar'Adua (which he eventually did anyway).

That's all. Fin.

Goodbye.

[edited, 26th, not 27th]
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Kobojunkie: 3:04pm On Jun 26, 2012
PhysicsQED: Kobo addict,

GEJ declared his assets to the Code of Conduct Bureau on May 27, 2010.
That's all. Fin.
Goodbye.

So according to you. Goodluck Jonathan LIED on National TV on Sunday then? Since that is what you are insinuating and his PRINCIPLES are non-existent?

Anywho, for those who can see . . . Obama's Asset Declaration
Note: Obama never called on the media to come broadcast it. He simply declared it as required and the public can easily access it on request.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Fhemmmy: 3:05pm On Jun 26, 2012
londoner:

I am not saying that we as a people, and GEJ as a president can/should not do better. My point is that this professor before criticizing GEJ....he needs to look closer to home.

Even if he gives his opinion, he should do his research also, as an academic and a professional.

I dont expect someone who calls himself a professor to spew out such insightful suggestions to a population which is already uneasy.

He would never suggest the same to Ghanaians even though they are not happy with Mills......

The man is an economist and not just a Ghana man, so he is talking as an economist and not as just a Ghanaian . . . No matter what Ghana might be going through, it is not as horrible and shameful as what Nigeria is going through
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by PhysicsQED(m): 3:07pm On Jun 26, 2012
Kobo fiend

What I am stating, is that like the "eminent" Ghanaian professor, you seem not to understand that the person interviewing GEJ was asking him about declaring his assets publicly (not to the CCB) which is not relevant to the constitution at the current time - since the constitution doesn't care about whether one does or does not declare one's assets publicly.

You two are having problems of interpretation which GEJ did not have at the time, which is why you are conflating different things.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 26, 2012
Kobojunkie: Um . . . Goodluck Jonathan DID NOT declare his assets in 2010 . . . (assuming we even go with what you have above). The man made it clear it was against his "PRINCIPLES", and even though he did it on Yar adua's request back in 2007, he was AGAINST IT . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

According to reports that have been put forth by some, the CCB only expected to have one for him for 2007 and 2011. So if we are to go with what you are insinuating, we really should expect him to have one for 2007, 2010, and 2011 since, he RESUMED office as President twice in those periods, and the first he served as Vice President.
Kobojunkie, I must commend u on ur posts, its quite impressive. You are a voice 2 many voiceless Nigerians out there.
As 4 those ardent supporters of the Gej's admin, u shudn't waste ur effort replying them. I wonder how much they are being paid or things they benefit frm d present admin in exchange 4 their souls. No peace 4 d wicked o, dis present admin is a thorn in d flesh of many Nigerians. May God help us all nd deliver us frm non-challant leaderz!

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Kobojunkie: 3:13pm On Jun 26, 2012
PhysicsQED: Kobo fiend

What I am stating, is that like the "eminent" Ghanaian professor, you seem not to understand that the person interviewing GEJ was asking him about declaring his assets publicly (not to the CCB) which is not relevant to the constitution at the current time - since the constitution doesn't care about whether one does or does not declare one's assets publicly.

You two are having problems of interpretation which GEJ did not have at the time, which is why you are conflating different things.

What you are doing is LYING like many of those before you have tried.

a) The President went on National TV to tell the Nation that he has not declared his asset. He even told the Nation that he was against it even in 2007, and that it is against his principles

b) Couple of house later, some of his minions here on Nairaland started spreading stories that he has infact declared his asset back in 2011. The claim was that he declared it in 2011, right before he was sworn in and the CCB blamed the National Assembly for the information not being released.

c) Now here you are with your own VERSION saying that it was not in 2011 that he in fact declared this asset that he says he did not declare. You claim that it was in 2010 that he declared his assets, and you are now Twisting what the law clearly says there to tell us that his current term really began back in 2010.

All 3 versions of this story cannot be true, and I am sure you know that.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by PhysicsQED(m): 3:13pm On Jun 26, 2012
chindi:
Kobojunkie, I must commend u on ur posts, its quite impressive. You are a voice 2 many voiceless Nigerians out there.
As 4 those ardent supporters of the Gej's admin, u shudn't waste ur effort replying them. I wonder how much they are being paid or things they benefit frm d present admin in exchange 4 their souls. No peace 4 d wicked o, dis present admin is a thorn in d flesh of many Nigerians. May God help us all nd deliver us frm non-challant leaderz!

I'm not a GEJ supporter

In this particular instance I came back to this thread only to rip apart Kobo's silly comment on my post.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Kobojunkie: 3:13pm On Jun 26, 2012
chindi:
grin
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by daviesmania(m): 3:17pm On Jun 26, 2012
Oboy see Ghana-o, dem don show bak big time o. lai lai, GHANA MUST GO!
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by PhysicsQED(m): 3:18pm On Jun 26, 2012
Kobojunkie:

What you are doing is LYING like many of those before you have tried.

a) The President went on National TV to tell the Nation that he has not declared his asset. He even told the Nation that he was against it even in 2007, and that it is against his principles

b) Couple of house later, some of his minions here on Nairaland started spreading stories that he has infact declared his asset back in 2011. The claim was that he declared it in 2011, right before he was sworn in and the CCB blamed the National Assembly for the information not being released.

c) Now here you are with your own VERSION saying that it was not in 2011 that he in fact declared this asset that he says he did not declare. You claim that it was in 2010 that he declared his assets, and you are now Twisting what the law clearly says there to tell us that his current term really began back in 2010.

All 3 versions of this story cannot be true, and I am sure you know that.

You can't possibly be this dumb.

He was against publicly declaring his assets in 2007 as VP under Yar'Adua but eventually had to go along with Yar'Adua and do so anyway.

He is still against it now. That is what he was saying.

They asked him about declaring his assets and he knew what was actually being asked - publishing information on his assets - and he said he was against it.

All this stuff you're saying now is nonsense that has nothing to do with anything I've written because he did in fact declare his assets to the CCB in May of 2010. How could he have declared his assets to the CCB only in 2011 instead of 2010 as well when he was president since 2010?

And he declared them again in May of 2011:

'EMMANUEL ONANI AND ROTIMI FADEYI 11/06/2011 02:03:00\

Even with the recently passed Freedom of Information Act, the Code of Conduct Bureau is still refusing to release details in the Asset Declaration Form of President Goodluck Jonathan. Following Saturday Mirror’s enquiry, the CCB yesterday, only disclosed that President Jonathan declared his assets one week before his inauguration on May 29 in line with the law establishing the bureau.

The law requires public office holders to declare their assets and liabilities before assuming office and at the end of their tenure. A highly placed source in the CCB, who craved anonymity said, “A week before the President was sworn-in, two of his aides came here twice to make enquiries on the procedure required to declare his assets. He took enough time to fill the forms and returned same before swearing-in.”'

Source: http://nationalmirroronline.net/news/13981.htm

Cut the crap and accept you were wrong. I gave you dates, and I told you what the constitution actually says and you don't have a leg to stand on so just move on. You had problems of interpretation but that happens to all of us from time to time, even those of us who are "eminent" Ghanaian professors.

[edited, added a contemporary newspaper report showing that GEJ declared his assets in 2011, not just 2010]
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Kobojunkie: 3:21pm On Jun 26, 2012
PhysicsQED:

You can't possibly be this dumb.

He was against publicly declaring his assets in 2007 as VP under Yar'Adua but eventually had to go along with Yar'Adua and do so anyway.

He is against it now. That is what he was saying.

They asked him about declaring his assets and he knew what was actually being asked - publishing information on his assets - and said he was against it.

All this stuff you're saying now is nonsense that has nothing to do with anything I've written because he did in fact declare his assets to the CCB in May of 2010. How could have declared his assets to the CCB in 2011 instead of 2010 when he was president since 2010? Cut the crap and accept you were wrong. The constitution isn't even relevant here.

Yar adua NEVER PUBLICLY DECLARED his asset in 2007. Jonathan NEVER PUBLICLY DECLARED his asset in 2007. What both however did was DECLARE THEIR ASSETS to the CCB in 2007. That was what happened and that is what still happens.

The CCB made the information available to the PUBLIC as required by the Constitution, with no exceptions made by the National Assembly.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by londoner: 3:24pm On Jun 26, 2012
Fhemmmy:

The man is an economist and not just a Ghana man, so he is talking as an economist and not as just a Ghanaian . . . No matter what Ghana might be going through, it is not as horrible and shameful as what Nigeria is going through

He is speaking as a "Ghanaman". Even though this man is resident in the USA, do you think he would open his mouth to talk like that even when Bush was visibly and clearly embarrassing as a president.Do you think he came out to write such things then?

You do not insinuate that a president is mad and encourage Nigerians to remove him outside of the election process. Tell me which part of calling GEJ a joke, lunatic and suggesting Nigerians basically stage a coup, was he speaking as an economist?

He did not speak as an economist at all...............

Take a look again at that article and see if he spoke like an academic.

You and I both know the BH issue is not as clear cut as people would wish and it shows this Ayittey has not even looked into the roots of the issue and how difficult it is for us to come to a quick and easy solution which would not spell civil war for Nigeria.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by PhysicsQED(m): 3:24pm On Jun 26, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Yar adua NEVER PUBLICLY DECLARED his asset in 2007. Jonathan NEVER PUBLICLY DECLARED his asset in 2007. What both however did was DECLARE THEIR ASSETS to the CCB in 2007. That was what happened and that is what still happens.

The CCB made the information available to the PUBLIC as required by the Constitution, with no exceptions made by the National Assembly.

My goodness. This is really becoming a waste of time.

Yar'Adua revealed his declaration of assets to the public. Yar'Adua did that. NOT the CCB. It is not mandated by the constitution. Get that through your head.

If you can't even admit that Yar'Adua made the decision to publish his declaration of assets, you're just in la la land and there's no point discussing anything with you further.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by PhysicsQED(m): 3:27pm On Jun 26, 2012
Kobo fiend

Read the following and pipe down:

"Yar’Adua: I’m Worth N850m
From Josephine Lohor in Abuja, 06.29.2007

For the first time in the history of Nigeria, a sitting president has made his asset declaration public. President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, in fulfilling a promise he made earlier to the nation, yesterday released for public knowledge details of his assets declaration as contained in Form CCB1 submitted to the Code of Conduct Bureau as demanded by the Fifth Schedule of the Constitution.
This is expected to put a moral obligation on other public officers, especially state governors and ministers, to follow suit, although the Constitution does not make public declaration of assets compulsory.
"

https://www.nairaland.com/62853/yaradua-declares-assets#1248318

Now find something else to construct flawed arguments around. I'm done with you.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Fhemmmy: 3:36pm On Jun 26, 2012
londoner:

He is speaking as a "Ghanaman". Even though this man is resident in the USA, do you think he would open his mouth to talk like that even when Bush was visibly and clearly embarrassing as a president.Do you think he came out to write such things then?

You do not insinuate that a president is mad and encourage Nigerians to remove him outside of the election process. Tell me which part of calling GEJ a joke, lunatic and suggesting Nigerians basically stage a coup, was he speaking as an economist?

You and I both know the BH issue is not as clear cut as people would wish and it shows this Ayittey has not even looked into the roots of the issue and how difficult it is for us to come to a quick and easy solution which would not spell civil war for Nigeria.

Common now . . I am sure if he was asked what he thinks about the policy of Obama, he would say something as well.
Now you dont think the man is being embarrassed to be from same continent as GEJ.
You dont think it is insulting to have a president talk the way ours do?
You dont think as a continent, more is expected of a nation like Nigeria and when they have failed, people with brain will stand up and say the right thing?
The man has said what is right and yes, i wish Nigeria would listen and do the right thing . . . All these people ruling at present are of no good to us . . .
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Kobojunkie: 3:40pm On Jun 26, 2012
PhysicsQED: Kobo fiend

Read the following and pipe down:

"Yar’Adua: I’m Worth N850m
From Josephine Lohor in Abuja, 06.29.2007

For the first time in the history of Nigeria, a sitting president has made his asset declaration public. President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, in fulfilling a promise he made earlier to the nation, yesterday released for public knowledge details of his assets declaration as contained in Form CCB1 submitted to the Code of Conduct Bureau as demanded by the Fifth Schedule of the Constitution.
This is expected to put a moral obligation on other public officers, especially state governors and ministers, to follow suit, although the Constitution does not make public declaration of assets compulsory.
"

https://www.nairaland.com/62853/yaradua-declares-assets#1248318

Now find something else to construct flawed arguments around. I'm done with you.

Are you kidding me?

What part of what you posted above are you having a problem with? The part that tells you he followed procedure by filling out Form CCB1? Or the part that the Form is as as demanded by the Fifth Schedule or the Constitution? Which one?

If all you know is Yar adua fill out Form CCB1, here is an explaination from the CCB of what Form CCB1 is
[url=http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CFIQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.discoveryng.com%2Findex.php%2Fdownloads%2Fitem%2Fdownload%2F8_33d70ccecf0f94158374c86bd8149eb7&ei=wcnpT6-TOunO2gX2yMXcCA&usg=AFQjCNHBfFck9W2IIe4X6niPDgnIYPNVnA&sig2=khkoEoXXuP2m6WkJWD-wpQ] Technical Guidance on Assets Declaration Practical Guidance[/url]

Form CCB1 http://www.placng.org/lawsofnigeria/files/C15.pdf
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by sleek29(m): 3:41pm On Jun 26, 2012
All you GEJ apologetics have nothing to say, his responses were totally un-intelligent. Period, imagine him telling us he couldn't visit a state because the airport was bad and that giving out free seeds could be called a revolution. We keep letting the world know how daft this country is, revolutionising railway by paying chinese with chinese engineers and equipment and we call that revolution!

GEJ is not fit for the office. QED
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by ronkebp(f): 3:48pm On Jun 26, 2012
londoner:

I do not blame the Prof. the president has ridiculed himself and brought himself low to that level. A public primary school student knows what Nigeria needs and how to go about acheiving it. A well-read, grown ars/e man does not have an idea of how to rule and he is still sitting comfortably in "ASO-ROCK".

Does he care? after all, his family members are not the target of boko-haram...he is flying in and out without problems, changing hats every now and then, i supported him from the beginning, thinking that he will come around...the way i see it now, it is all total failure...

Just because he knows the 'abc's" of politics does not qualify him to be a 'Ruler or a leader ".

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by kayLion(m): 3:50pm On Jun 26, 2012
A̶̲̥̅ plane was about †Φ crash and there were only 4
parachutes meanwhile there were 5 people on it. Tђξ
1st person was Messi and he said "Ɣou know Ȋ̝̊̅'m †ђξ
best fƠ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡tballer, S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ Ȋ̝̊̅ cant die now" he took 1
parachute and left. Tђξ 2nd who was Aliko Dangote said "Ɣou know Ȋ̝̊̅'m †ђξ richest man in Africa and Ȋ̝̊̅'m
†ΦΦ young †Φ die" S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡, he took †ђξ 2nd parachute
and left. President Jonathan said" Ɣou know Ȋ̝̊̅'m †ђξ
smartest president in †ђξ world, S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ Ȋ̝̊̅ cant die now"
he took 1 and left. It was left with Pope Benedict and
A̶̲̥̅ little schoolgirl. Tђξ Pope said †Φ her "take †ђξ last 1,Ȋ̝̊̅'ll sacrifice my life 4 Ɣou". Tђξ little girl replied dere
re two parachute remaining Jonathan took my skool
bag..

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (22) (Reply)

Edo: PDP Leaders Meet Obaseki And His Deputy (Photo) / Soldiers Used Blank Ammunition In Lekki Shooting – Sani Usman / Buhari’s Top Aide In Trouble Over Attempt To Usurp Osinbajo’s Powers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.