Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,784 members, 7,802,431 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey - Politics (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey (41264 Views)

Nigeria: From One Clueless President To Another Clueless President? / Jonathan's Clueless Endorsement Speech Of Dickson In Bayelsa Today / David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Pataki: 6:14pm On Jun 26, 2012
Beaf:

Age is meant to breed wisdom, not derision and contempt.
I hope one day, wisdom will mean something to you, so you don't end up a dried out noise maker like Ayittey.
Zip it you mad goat!

I wonder why GEJ at his over useless fifty years of age continues to breed derision and contempt not only nationally but internationally. You really need to see a shrink asap.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by kt3tu(m): 6:14pm On Jun 26, 2012
Those are the 2 reasons he is giving to recall a democratically elected president?
The next election is not until 2015.
Already criticizing the president (1)for not declaring his...?

2. And criticizing him for not traveling and landing on a dangerous area, where security is a major concern?

Other countries would not allow their president to travel to area not safe, until security improved.

Think that Ghanaian man just wanted to rub it in you Nigerians that he knows more about the Nigeria constitution than most Nigeria.

Reason, this, Please give the President time to Govern,Election is not until 2015.

Things are getting better, roads are not built in a day.

This Mr President is is not even 2 years in office as president.

complain about roads and lights, electricity,and Ghana will not talk to you like that.

It is to detract you you from focusing on main issues that truly matters
That man wan take una shine, no let him.
Time will tell
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by brabus(m): 6:14pm On Jun 26, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Kobo kobo kobo, I'm disappointed. You usually seem good at picking little holes wherever you can and building mountains out of small details but in this case you're just wrong.

This is what the constitution actually says:

"140. (1) A person elected to the office of President shall not begin to perform the functions of that office until he has declared his assets and liabilities as prescribed in this Constitution and he has taken and subscribed the Oath of Allegiance and the oath of office prescribed in the Seventh Schedule to this Constitution.

(2) The oaths aforesaid shall be administered by the Chief Justice of Nigeria or the person for the time being appointed to exercise the functions of that office. "

Now how does one "declare his assets and liabilities as prescribed in this Constitution"?

In this manner:

"Declaration of assets

- (1) Subject to the provisions of this Constitution, every public officer shall within three months after the coming into force of this Code of Conduct or immediately after taking office and thereafter -

(a) at the end of every four years; and

(b) at the end of his term of office, submit to the Code of Conduct Bureau a written declaration of all his properties, assets, and liabilities and those of his unmarried children under the age of eighteen years."

And the meaning of this?

Assets are declared

a) within 3 months of taking office or "immediately" after (not before) taking office

and

b) 4 years after taking office

and

c) after leaving office

GEJ declared his assets to the Code of Conduct Bureau in May 2010 after becoming president in February of 2010 and has not left office since then. Maybe you'll have a case four years from when he took office or when GEJ leaves office, but until then, you're just blowing hot air on this particular issue like the Ghanaian professor was.

I know this is not too difficult to understand, Kobo.

Please try and open your own eyes next time.

How come you're not on Dana flight? M*ron!
Why did he declared his asset in May 2010 afterall he did so when he was sworn-in with President Yar'adua in 2007. They both did and it wasn't up to 4 years.

Cook up another lie for your master!!! Nigerians are no fool.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Beaf: 6:18pm On Jun 26, 2012
Eziachi:

Like I said, I would rather concentrate on the issue of the thread rather than the age of a faceless name on the internet. Meaningless to me and a waste of my time.
People like me and Prof Aryeteey are no longer comfortable with African mediocre rulers, no matter where ruler comes from.
Here in the West, we are seen as Africans first before anything else. So what this idiotic rulers do or do not do affect all of us, hence we are proud of Mandela, because his name gives us a measure of respect and integrity, irrespective of his country.

Do you think your beloved fool, Ayittey values Mandela? Lol!
He is on record as having dissuaded Mandela for running for SA Presidency, calling Mandela lazy; a person who led SA to put black people in power and become corrupt! Ayittey is an old man who goes around telling lies on the internet. You are really just like Ayittey. grin

Dude, those of us who have known Ayittey over the years, know him to repeatedly portray himself as a black hater, white lover; a man deficient in judgment, sense and understanding.
I am not surprised that you admire him.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Beaf: 6:21pm On Jun 26, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Read Ayittey's discussions on those "Yahoo groups" discussions. The man is pretentious as hell and even slightly delusional. My respect for him is limited.

Bullseye! cool
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by PhysicsQED(m): 6:22pm On Jun 26, 2012
brabus:

How come you're not on Dana flight? M*ron!
Why did he declared his asset in May 2010 afterall he did so when he was sworn-in with President Yar'adua in 2007. They both did and it wasn't up to 4 years.

Cook up another lie for your master!!! Nigerians are no fool.

You just wished death on me over my debunking of Kobojunkie's bullsh1t?

GEJ declared his assets with the CCB in May of 2010 and also in May of 2011 as president after already declaring them in 2007 as vice president and that is a FACT. Just because animals like you and Kobodruggie are too lazy and dumb to find this information out for yourselves, it doesn't change reality.

The truth is between the two of us, you're probably too dumb to survive past 30. I can't see you not getting beat senseless and left somewhere to die with that obnoxious mouth of yours.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Limaoscar: 6:28pm On Jun 26, 2012
Prof. Ayittey should first sweep around His own front door before trying to sweep around that of others.

Is Prof.John Evans Fifi Atta-Mills a better President than GEJ?

Hell No!....especially with those His "Ecomini, Econimi Opi-pi-pi-pi"...... blanks He fires around in their paliament.

Abeg ....park well Jor.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by mbhs139(m): 6:30pm On Jun 26, 2012
Mekusnwa: The way you guys talk as if Gej's govt has not done anything on roads baffles me. Systematically, some people in Nairaland keep hiding the truth from the public. But I will make bold to list GEJ's achievement on roads so that genuine minded people will know and take steps to verify while the haters and BH Nairalanders,will find another opportunity to reign in their insults and abuses. In just one year, precisely 2011 budget, Gej was able to award and also complete some of the road projects across the country viz; Owerri-Onitsha, Afikpo-Okigwe, 9th mile, Auchi-Okene, Benin-Ore-Lagos(80%), Apapa-Oshodi expressway awarded to Julius Berger, Kaduna eastern Byepass, Kano Byepass, Keffi-Akwanga-Lafia, Obi-Awe-Lafia, Kano - Maidugri, Kolo- Nembe-brass, Zaria-Funtua-Gusau which is above 101 km. let's be factual please

Don't get me wrong. This is not about GEJ. I only responded to what a poster said, that Lagos should have been repairing federal roads. I never said anything about GEJ and road.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Fhemmmy: 6:36pm On Jun 26, 2012
Limaoscar: Prof. Ayittey should first sweep around His own front door before trying to sweep around that of others.

Hell No!....especially with those His "Ecomini, Econimi Opi-pi-pi-pi"...... blanks He fires around in their paliament.

Abeg ....park well Jor.

Is GEJ better than Mills in governing his people?
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by brabus(m): 6:39pm On Jun 26, 2012
PhysicsQED: Kobo, you are incorrigible and I wonder why I even bother with you sometimes.

GEJ was against revealing his asset declaration (declaring publicly) in 2007, but went ahead with it because Yar'Adua, his boss, wanted that.

GEJ is against revealing his asset declaration now. The constitution does not require public declarations of one's assets.

The Freedom of Information Act would be useful in forcing the CCB to reveal information on GEJ's assets except that:

"Specifically, Section 153 of the Constitution establishes a Code of Conduct Bureau to ensure, among other things, that all public officers, as defined in Part II of the Fifth Schedule, declare their assets on assuming office and immediately their terms of office expire. Paragraph Three of Part 1 (A) of the Third Schedule, empowers the Bureau to receive declarations made by all public officers, examine same and keep them in custody. Paragraph 3(C) says the Bureau shall have the power to "retain custody of such declarations and make them available for inspection by any citizen of Nigeria on such terms and conditions as the National Assembly may prescribe."

The Constitution trumps the Freedom of Information Act so the CCB people are correct on blaming any withholding of information on the National Assembly's failure to describe under what particular terms and conditions the CCB may release Jonathan's information.

If making it mandatory that asset declarations to the Code of Conduct Bureau are revealed to the public is a good way to fight corruption - it might have some impact - then every government official at every single level of government should make them public. I don't understand why people assume that the president of the country is the only potential thief.

You don't have any point here. You should be asking why the Constitution was written in a way that the National Assembly has to dictate how and under what conditions declarations of assets may be released for inspection by citizens instead of going on about imaginary constitutional violations.

You're just too lazy to dig up information for yourself, like that professor. This is my last response to you on this thread.

Oga, are you Mr Reuben Abati? You seem to know something!

tonguetongue
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by AyeeIdris(f): 6:44pm On Jun 26, 2012
why would a Ghanaian come and abusing our president sef? Not supporting GEJ,but i take some degree of offense at a foreigner addressing my president with such impetus. one may insult his father or his alma-mata but let a stranger do this same and all hell breaks loose. thats how i feel about this issue. Professor sir, please address my president with some respect, 2ndly, its none of your business. face your "perfect" country and leave mine for me. Have we reached the level that a foreigner would insult our president and is celebrated??
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Limaoscar: 6:46pm On Jun 26, 2012
He didn't call Jona a madman. He only quoted our constitution, and our constitution has been there before GEJ. But wait, when a leader, a president becomes kind of GEJ, what do you really call them. He shouldn't have gone to school at all. And to think of it that this man will be there for the next 3 years. Mehn, I don die.

Amen...So be it thencrycry
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Limaoscar: 6:49pm On Jun 26, 2012
Is GEJ better than Mills in governing his people?

@Femi,

O yes o....unless you can prove otherwise or you know something I don't know. I routinely visit Ghana when I come to Naija. I've got friends there.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Fhemmmy: 6:50pm On Jun 26, 2012
Ayee Idris: why would a Ghanaian come and abusing our president sef? Not supporting GEJ,but i take some degree of offense at a foreigner addressing my president with such impetus. one may insult his father or his alma-mata but let a stranger do this same and all hell breaks loose. thats how i feel about this issue. Professor sir, please address my president with some respect, 2ndly, its none of your business. face your "perfect" country and leave mine for me. Have we reached the level that a foreigner would insult our president and is celebrated??

If we that are Nigerians are blind to see the real thing, sometimes, it takes the people from outside to set us str8 . . .
I guess this thread is making waves all cos the man is a Ghanaian, if that was a Nigerian that said all he said, we would not be bothered.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Limaoscar: 6:52pm On Jun 26, 2012
why would a Ghanaian come and abusing our president sef? Not supporting GEJ,but i take some degree of offense at a foreigner addressing my president with such impetus. one may insult his father or his alma-mata but let a stranger do this same and all hell breaks loose. thats how i feel about this issue. Professor sir, please address my president with some respect, 2ndly, its none of your business. face your "perfect" country and leave mine for me. Have we reached the level that a foreigner would insult our president and is celebrated??

Spot on!!
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Mandelaguy(m): 6:53pm On Jun 26, 2012
tjcrown:

why did you refuse or fail to say AMEN to the prayer that YOUR LIFE WILL BE RUN IN A MANNER GOODLUCK IS RUNNING THIS COUNTRY. You are all over the space singing President's praise. Even if you are his relative or you are being the number of response you post per day, you need to be diplomatic with your response. Let me ask you; Do you know the number of people being murdered and maimed on a weekly basis and my president could not curb it? Do you know the number of citizens- graduates wallowing in a abject poverty? Do you that more than 2 trillion naira subsidy fraud is more than Nigeria annual budget and my president is still dining and wining with the suspects ( Anyway, they financed his campaign)? Do you know the cost of travelling for international meeting with more than 100 delegates and the cost to you and i? Nobody is asking for perfection from GEJ but just to solve our basic problems.

Please, MR Melakwu or what, even if you have been paid, have mercy on 150 million nigerians, the youngs and olds. Do you know, I have a friend in Dana Air crash and our president did not sack the aviation minister who failed to monitor airline for safety. This guy had less than a year old kid, what do you think will become this little angel fate, when his dad was killed by ineptitude and corruption of our leaders. You know the crash was avoidable but alas it was not averted. You may ask me if i expect GEJ to stay at the airport and check the aircraft? Obviously NO! Thats why he has a minister responsible for that role and when she failed to perform, she should be sacked with immediate alactrity. But can your president sack her? Of course no. Do you know why? she financed GEJ campaign and she sponsors door to door campaign and thats the reason live of hundreds is sacrificed. God will pay you back in your own coin.
can yo substantiate your claims? If you had read my posts here and on other posts,you will not ask me these questions. I had someone on that I'll fated flight. A promising young man full f life,you think it's funny? Anyway,all am advocating is for constructive criticism void of insults and garnished with substantiable facts.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Mandelaguy(m): 6:54pm On Jun 26, 2012
tjcrown:

why did you refuse or fail to say AMEN to the prayer that YOUR LIFE WILL BE RUN IN A MANNER GOODLUCK IS RUNNING THIS COUNTRY. You are all over the space singing President's praise. Even if you are his relative or you are being the number of response you post per day, you need to be diplomatic with your response. Let me ask you; Do you know the number of people being murdered and maimed on a weekly basis and my president could not curb it? Do you know the number of citizens- graduates wallowing in a abject poverty? Do you that more than 2 trillion naira subsidy fraud is more than Nigeria annual budget and my president is still dining and wining with the suspects ( Anyway, they financed his campaign)? Do you know the cost of travelling for international meeting with more than 100 delegates and the cost to you and i? Nobody is asking for perfection from GEJ but just to solve our basic problems.

Please, MR Melakwu or what, even if you have been paid, have mercy on 150 million nigerians, the youngs and olds. Do you know, I have a friend in Dana Air crash and our president did not sack the aviation minister who failed to monitor airline for safety. This guy had less than a year old kid, what do you think will become this little angel fate, when his dad was killed by ineptitude and corruption of our leaders. You know the crash was avoidable but alas it was not averted. You may ask me if i expect GEJ to stay at the airport and check the aircraft? Obviously NO! Thats why he has a minister responsible for that role and when she failed to perform, she should be sacked with immediate alactrity. But can your president sack her? Of course no. Do you know why? she financed GEJ campaign and she sponsors door to door campaign and thats the reason live of hundreds is sacrificed. God will pay you back in your own coin.
can yo substantiate your claims? If you had read my posts here and on other posts,you will not ask me these questions. I had someone on that I'll fated flight. A promising young man full f life,you think it's funny? Anyway,all am advocating for is constructive criticism void of insults and garnished with substantiable facts.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by conyema12(m): 6:55pm On Jun 26, 2012
If our professors will only voice out just the way he did... I knw of one Prof. of Geophysics that left the dept for 2 yrs only to serve one of ministers as a special adviser in commerce and Industry... I felt bad the day I learnt this
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Mandelaguy(m): 6:57pm On Jun 26, 2012
Beaf:

Do you think your beloved fool, Ayittey values Mandela? Lol!
He is on record as having dissuaded Mandela for running for SA Presidency, calling Mandela lazy; a person who led SA to put black people in power and become corrupt! Ayittey is an old man who goes around telling lies on the internet. You are really just like Ayittey. grin

Dude, those of us who have known Ayittey over the years, know him to repeatedly portray himself as a black hater, white lover; a man deficient in judgment, sense and understanding.
I am not surprised that you admire him.
teach the morons what they should have known before joining issues on this thread and tell them not to always make noise.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by kutchs: 6:59pm On Jun 26, 2012
Why cant the Goddamn prof face wotz happening in his country? If his country Ghana is working why does his president Mills need to go to the US for medical checkup? I thought everything is working in Ghana?
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by luqwafar: 7:00pm On Jun 26, 2012
Even the world knows is of a sound mind and that is not the president Nigeria needs this time we need a politician and a thecnocrat not a dullard that does not know how to govern a state talkless of a country like Nigeria,hear Prof Ayittey he said {indicted that GEJ's refusal to declare his asset and his failure to tackle the Boko Haram crisis suggests that he is of a unsound mind,and section 143 and 144.the Prof said that "137;1c"A person shall not be qualified for election to the office of the president if under the law in any part of Nigeria,he is adjudge to be a lunatic or otherwise described to be of sound mind"that is the type of person GEJ represent.Let listen to the Prof,GOD BLESS NIGERIA {AMIN}.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Fhemmmy: 7:07pm On Jun 26, 2012
kutchs: Why cant the Goddamn prof face wotz happening in his country? If his country Ghana is working why does his president Mills need to go to the US for medical checkup? I thought everything is working in Ghana?

The point here is that things aint working and we are being ruled by a man with no clue
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by brabus(m): 7:08pm On Jun 26, 2012
Ayee Idris: why would a Ghanaian come and abusing our president sef? Not supporting GEJ,but i take some degree of offense at a foreigner addressing my president with such impetus. one may insult his father or his alma-mata but let a stranger do this same and all hell breaks loose. thats how i feel about this issue. Professor sir, please address my president with some respect, 2ndly, its none of your business. face your "perfect" country and leave mine for me. Have we reached the level that a foreigner would insult our president and is celebrated??

Go and arrest the man now!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by Fhemmmy: 7:09pm On Jun 26, 2012
^^^ Lol
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by ono(m): 7:12pm On Jun 26, 2012
The Ghanaian Profs comment or not, personally I will rate GEJ as a very uninspiring President. This country needs a leader that will inspire them to do greater things and to greater heights. And just when I though we're almost there, unfortunately, we're even worse off under GEJ.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by kutchs: 7:40pm On Jun 26, 2012
Someone‘s perceived weakness becomes everyone‘s strenght especially in Nigeria. Funny how even people who have no clue how to order their lives for good accuse anoda of cluelessness. One onyeiberibe even has the gut to call the president‘s fifty years on earth as useless and wasteful, well to that onyeiberibe let me tell you why it is not. He has a BSc, MSc, PhD, has taught in a university, a former deputy gov, former gov, former Vice President and currently the president of Nigeria, now tell me what you have achieved that can rival this?
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by jumobi1(m): 7:41pm On Jun 26, 2012
Nothing wrong with the Professors assessment. Just because Ghana isn't doing way better than Nigeria doesn't mean he can't criticize our government.
I am sure none of us criticize other peoples flaws because we all have flaws.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by str8talk1: 7:50pm On Jun 26, 2012
HNosegbe: I would really like to meet someone who studied under him, or whose project he supervised.
u got it Spot on!
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by PetroDolla: 7:57pm On Jun 26, 2012
Is President Mills a better president than Jonathan? Of course a million times yes.Tell me,if in country A every single vote counts and country B elections are rigged,violence-prone n stolen,which of these 2 countries will produce a better leader.In my opinion,the worst Ghanaian leader will be better than the 'best' nigerian leader,simply because the president is elected by millions while the president of nigeria is elected by a cabal. Mills is an internationally respected professor of law,not a half-baked phd holder in zoology!Even your president knows he's nowhere near President Mills when it comes to evaluating their academic profile or goggle the profile of the 2 put it on nl for all to see. Stop blabbing like an ediot.
Limaoscar: Prof. Ayittey should first sweep around His own front door before trying to sweep around that of others.h

Abeg ....park well Jor.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by str8talk1: 7:57pm On Jun 26, 2012
I've bn vindicated,if u check my posts concerning GEJ,I hv neva spared him of his inefficiency,clueless,inability to articulate a single pt. properly.
I've bn shouting to d high heavens,dat he who keeps silence at atrocities being committed in d land is also culpable and doer of d same evils.
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by PetroDolla: 8:05pm On Jun 26, 2012
jumobi1: Nothing wrong with the Professors assessment. Just because Ghana isn't doing way better than Nigeria doesn't mean he can't criticize our government.
I am sure none of us criticize other peoples flaws because we all have flaws.
don't mind those clueless morons. who told them 'Ghana isn't doing better than Nigeria?' the world's fastest growing economy? Utter crap
Re: GEJ Is A Joke & Clueless - Ghanaian Prof. Ayittey by brabus(m): 8:09pm On Jun 26, 2012
Being patriotic is an expression of your love for your country and not the government or an individual. I don't have to agree with the policies of the federal government in order to love my country.
Beside, Nigera was founded on the fact that some citizens didn't agree with how the Oyinbos were governing us.
It is the responsibility of the citizens to keep elected officials accountable for their acts and the policies they establish by criticizing the country when things are going wrong.

So why should criticizing GEJ's administration be an exception?

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Nigeria's Presidential Jet On OLX / The Surrounding Of National Mosque Abuja In The Late 80s (Photo) / Edo: PDP Leaders Meet Obaseki And His Deputy (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.