Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,951 members, 7,799,230 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

CODE 10 ERROR (how Do I Fix This) - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / CODE 10 ERROR (how Do I Fix This) (1143 Views)

How To Fix Windows 7 Not Genuine Error-“copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine" / My System Is Slow,how Can I Fix This Problem. / Error - How To Fix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CODE 10 ERROR (how Do I Fix This) by feelme3(m): 12:05am On Jun 26, 2012
Hello people. Please I need help.

I was working on my computer, a Lenovo Thinkpad desktop, and had an abrupt power outage.
On rebooting, I realize that my LAN is no longer available and I can't connect to the internet.
I checked through device manager and the network driver (Intel (R) 82566DM Gigabit Network Connection) is missing.

My problem is that I have tried rolling back and system restore and it shows that "the driver was found but their was a problem installing it - Code 10 Error"

Please can anybody suggest how I can fix this?
Re: CODE 10 ERROR (how Do I Fix This) by Maleeq(m): 4:00am On Jun 26, 2012
Try updating the driver. The device should be listed under the "Unknown Devices" or "Other Devices" with a question mark next to it.

In the device Properties dialog box, click the Driver tab, and then click Update Driver to start the Hardware Update Wizard. Follow the instructions to update the driver.

You may be prompted to provide the path of the driver. Windows may have the driver built-in, or may still have the driver files installed from the last time that you set up the device. If you are asked for the driver and you do not have it, you can try to download the latest driver from the hardware vendor’s Web site. (lenovo.com)

You can read up on the error at the following links:
Explanation Of Device Manager Error Code
Description Of Code-10 Related Errors
HowTo Fix Code-10 Errors
Re: CODE 10 ERROR (how Do I Fix This) by feelme3(m): 9:43pm On Jun 26, 2012
Thanks Maleeg. Thing is, I can't update the driver since there's no way I can even connect to the internet. But I copied the driver details and search and downloaded. I've uninstalled and re installed it but it still remains flagged in the device manage. cry
I upgraded the OS from xp to win7 and it LENOVO doesnt have any driver in network category for win7. Do you think I shud use the ones listed for xp?

1 Like

Re: CODE 10 ERROR (how Do I Fix This) by femi4: 5:20am On Jun 27, 2012
feel_me: Thanks Maleeg. Thing is, I can't update the driver since there's no way I can even connect to the internet. But I copied the driver details and search and downloaded. I've uninstalled and re installed it but it still remains flagged in the device manage. cry
I upgraded the OS from xp to win7 and it LENOVO doesnt have any driver in network category for win7. Do you think I shud use the ones listed for xp?
install it in a compatibility mode by choosing sp2, perhaps you might be lucky

1 Like

Re: CODE 10 ERROR (how Do I Fix This) by feelme3(m): 10:01am On Jun 27, 2012
Thanks femi4. I mean, I haven't had any issue since I upgraded to win7 until the abrupt power cut. But I'll try that out like you advised. I hope I get lucky
Re: CODE 10 ERROR (how Do I Fix This) by Maleeq(m): 12:35pm On Jun 28, 2012
feel_me: Thanks femi4. I mean, I haven't had any issue since I upgraded to win7 until the abrupt power cut. But I'll try that out like you advised. I hope I get lucky
Then as @femi4 said, you shouldn't have any issues.

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Buy Computer Accessories - Hard Drive, Ram Etc In Ibadan? / 25 Most Surprising Computer,internet & Virus Facts / Browse The Internet And Download Fast Free - DNS JUMPER

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.