Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,046 members, 7,799,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo (10251 Views)

President Buhari Will Be To China By Next Week Monday To Sign A $3.5bn Loan / What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi / Global Franchisers, Consultants Jostle For $3.5bn Nigerian Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by wesley80(m): 7:44am On Jun 26, 2012

In a move to boost power generation in the country, Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) yesterday concluded the plans to build a $3.5 billion gas plant in Assa-North, Ohaji- South in Imo State.

The Managing Director, Mr Mutiu Summonu, of SPDC who disclosed this during a visit to Imo State Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha, said the Assa-North, Ohaji- South Gas supply project is in line with the local gas content policy of the Federal Government to boost power generation in the country.

Summonu said the gas plant would supply domestic gas to power energy plants across the country as well as generates massive job opportunities for Nigerians, adding that the project would be executed in two phases and would be executed in two phases and would be completed in 2018.

While soliciting for the collaboration of the state government in handling of the project, Mr Summonu also urged the government to play its part by providing 200 hectares of land for the project, enabling and secured environment for the expatriates and workers and ensure a healthy collaboration between SPDC and the host communities.

He promised that his company would always live up to expectation in the area of its Corporate Social responsibility (CSR) in the course of executing the project. But Okorocha in his speech assured the SPDC team that the state government would definitely play its part to ensure immediate commencement of the project.

The governor enumerated how SPDC began its operations in Nigeria when gas was first discovered at Iho, Ikeduru LGA in Imo State and urged the company to show enough presence by building a befitting corporate office in the state.

Okorocha further assured all adequate security, good working relationship with host communities as well as general hospitality to SPDC.
He urged the company to improve on its Corporate Social Responsibility by embarking on meaningful projects especially on the power sector to ensure appreciable improvement on power generation and distribution in
the state.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/spdc-to-build-3-5-billion-gas-plant-in-imo/118755/
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by member10: 8:03am On Jun 26, 2012
Ok!
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by member10: 8:05am On Jun 26, 2012
Why is it so difficult to locate how to start a new topic on nairaland?
Can some help me out please. *angry* angry angry angry
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by 9jaIhail(m): 8:17am On Jun 26, 2012
First click on the section you want to post the thread maybe politics/sports etc. Then look on the top you will see create new topic click it and start ur thread.I hope your question is answered?

1 Like

Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by 9jaIhail(m): 8:32am On Jun 26, 2012
Shell i hope this is not news paper talk.I am tired of reading promises without fulfillment.Pls start the work and leave the talk.

1 Like

Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by member10: 6:43pm On Jun 26, 2012
9ja_I_hail: First click on the section you want to post the thread maybe politics/sports etc. Then look on the top you will see create new topic click it and start ur thread.I hope your question is answered?

Dude thanks man..
You were an very important part in my day today.
Thanks.
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 26, 2012
ndi imo kwenu! am so happy to hear this! owelle rochas! chiri gaba! u are indeed a true son of igboland!

1 Like

Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by dedeike: 6:53pm On Jun 26, 2012
Where is kobojunkie and his band of court jesters who want GEJ to fail? I know they will see this topic and carefully avoid it because it's counterproductive to their interest. When I was chronicling the achievements of GEJ in the power sector, many abused me and called me all sorts of names. I educated them that there are serious reforms ongoing in the power sector. GEJ reiterated the same thing on his Sunday Chat but haters prefer to be confusing issues and distorting facts. Fidel Castro of Cuba however said and I quote" No army( either led by kobojunkie or Betathings) can stop an idea whose time has come". I said it earlier and Gej also said it on Sunday that the upward review of Tariffs was intended to encourage the oil companies to invest in our gas so that there will be adequacy of gas for supply to the power stations that have been completed by govt under NIPP.Now it's happening.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by Richardid: 6:59pm On Jun 26, 2012
Igbo boys go kidnap d oyibo o.. make una look for another place o
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by Mandelaguy(m): 7:02pm On Jun 26, 2012
I came here to see all them haters and anti Jonathan campaigners,but they are no where to be found. When there was an upward review of tariff in the power sector,and the progress report on the power sector was put forward,they came with their distortions of truth, now they are been proven wrong. This is no newspaper talk. Kudos GEJ
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by ubandire(m): 7:03pm On Jun 26, 2012
This is what actually happens when the govt brings out well thought out policy initiatives that will engineer growth. Bath Nnaji was talking about ithis in his interview with THISDAY. The Fg needed to increase tariffs so that oil companies will be encouraged to invest in gas production for our power plants. Nice one GEJ. Nice one Okorocha for assisting them with land space for this project
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by uzobiz: 7:06pm On Jun 26, 2012
:-XWe are seriously watching. Keeping our fingers crossed.We are seriously watching. Keeping our fingers crossed.We are seriously watching. Keeping our fingers crossed.
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by Bukkyade: 7:08pm On Jun 26, 2012
TRANSFORMATION AGENDA AT WORK. Congrats Gej! Please Okorocha make sure you give dem better place ooooo. Make this boys no come kidnap dem Abeg
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by Captainajama: 7:09pm On Jun 26, 2012
This govt I rightly believe is desperately pursuing change,power reform,growth and sustainable development in an economically decayed state like Nigeria. We all know that restoring confidence in an eroded system takes time..especially when an economy is been built from he scratch . Policies that may be viewed as harsh would definitely be put in place which will yield growth and balance at he long run. This will soon join the long queue of would be successful projects already embarked on in power and other key sectors of the economy. This is good news!
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by kutchs: 7:13pm On Jun 26, 2012
@dedeike and Mandelaguy, pls my guys stop wasting ur time waiting for those haters cos they will never show up. The silent reforms going on in various sectors of the economy will manifest soon and haters will die.
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by Pupita(f): 7:14pm On Jun 26, 2012
Soon my prayer for this country will be answered. We all want growth and development and we should all give this guy a chance to act in a relaxed and conducive environment and see what will be the outcome. As for me and my house, we are seeing good policies and road maps.....we know that their is a time to planta time to weed and tend and a time to reap. Nigerians should have a little faith and allow GEJ plant.
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by shaneroberts26: 7:17pm On Jun 26, 2012
berem: ndi imo kwenu! am so happy to hear this! owelle rochas! chiri gaba! u are indeed a true son of igboland!
Yeah,i lov Rochas wit ol my heart but he bleeped up big tym by falling ma pops man hands.
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by Naijagunner83: 7:17pm On Jun 26, 2012
Richardid: Igbo boys go kidnap d oyibo o.. make una look for another place o
Another bold in the quest to transform Nigeria. They chose Imo because the state is peaceful. Our brothers in the North who have vowed to make Nigeria ungovernable, may al Qaeda come and invest

5 Likes

Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by Bukkyade: 7:18pm On Jun 26, 2012
uzobiz: :-XWe are seriously watching. Keeping our fingers crossed.We are seriously watching. Keeping our fingers crossed.We are seriously watching. Keeping our fingers crossed.
you will keep crossing your fingers while the revolution in the power sector continues moving. I knew it quite well that these reforms will yield fruits gradually. But like I said, it's just a matter of time. The job of addressing all the major challenges in our power sector cannot be done overnight. The sector is divided into three- generation, distribution and transmission. This govt has in less than 1 year started work on all 3 fronts. For generation, they revived NIPP and has been able to generate 4000 megawatts thru Utorogu,Alaoji, etc. they hve also finished work on Mambilla and Zungeru. For distribution, private sector companies are encouraged to come in and invest General electric has signed BPTA alongside Siemens and after the presidents trip to Brasil, Electrobus. In order to encourage all of them, govt increased tariffs so that it will be attractive for other oil companies to invest. now SPDC has come in barely a month after the introduction of the new tariffs . GOOD THINKING. GOOD PRODUCT
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by Blackteeth(m): 7:23pm On Jun 26, 2012
I thought nairaland is anti GEJ. undecided

1 Like

Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by olafolarin(m): 7:34pm On Jun 26, 2012
We have heard all these rhetorics before.
FG to do this,FG to do that.
Our hopes will be raised and dashed by the same FG.
There is a revolving door of projects in GEJ's administration.
Funds will be allocated,looted and the citizenry will be more distraught like never before.
What happened to the Greenfield Refineries,East-West Roads,2nd Niger Bridge,etc?

Your guess is as good as mine!!!!!
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by Dainfamous: 7:38pm On Jun 26, 2012
BIG INVESTMENT.......
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by jmaine: 7:44pm On Jun 26, 2012
Bukkyade: TRANSFORMATION AGENDA AT WORK. Congrats Gej! Please Okorocha make sure you give dem better place ooooo. Make this boys no come kidnap dem Abeg

Funny Dude grin . . . .
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by Mandelaguy(m): 8:02pm On Jun 26, 2012
olafolarin: We have heard all these rhetorics before.
Funds will be allocated,looted and the citizenry will be more distraught like never before.
What happened to the Greenfield Refineries,East-West Roads,2nd Niger Bridge,etc?

You people just quote things from ur subconscious,what do you know about the greenfield refineries? Have you made any findings or are you just talking? Atleast wrk has started in the one at Abia to the best of my knowledge. What do you know about East-w est road? Have you made your findings on 2nd Niger bridge? Can you authoritatively say that the work that stopped on it before GEJ came has not commenced? Get your facts right before opening your mandibles.
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by Dpeacemaker101: 8:10pm On Jun 26, 2012
Na so now, after some people go dey run mouth for here. Abeg make una come see GEJ in action oooo. All the haters, where una dey?
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by Dpeacemaker101: 8:19pm On Jun 26, 2012
Naijagunner83: Another bold in the quest to transform Nigeria. They chose Imo because the state is peaceful. Our brothers in the North who have vowed to make Nigeria ungovernable, may al Qaeda come and invest
My brother you can say that again ooo, no mind them......GEJ is working
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by kaiter: 8:23pm On Jun 26, 2012
Our brothers in the North who have vowed to make Nigeria ungovernable, may al Qaeda come and invest [img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.php[/img]
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by kaeto(m): 8:30pm On Jun 26, 2012
Richardid: Igbo boys go kidnap d oyibo o.. make una look for another place o
its unfortunate that you bigots from the west live in perpetual fear and cardiac arrest at the slightest progress recorded in the EAST. Wish you had gas and 'gas' it would have been done in your God forsaken coven village . We are recovering all the war losses.FYI, Niger river dredging project is in progress. Black mamber.

1 Like

Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jun 26, 2012
Chai! See foolish Nigerians believing wht dey v not seen, wen dey finish sharing †ђξ Money among themselves, relocating dier families abroad , knwin fully we'll dat by 2018 Nigeria would broken apart
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 26, 2012
Chai!
Re: Shell To Build $3.5bn Gas Plant In Imo by Dollarman101: 8:43pm On Jun 26, 2012
olafolarin: We have heard all these rhetorics before.

See critics. "Fg is doing this, Fg is doing that" if you have your way, you will go and bomb the place so that nothing will commence. But the truth is that the reforms are maturing and there's nothing haters can do about it. If you had paid attention to the president's speech on Sunday without watching with malice, you would hve known that this project is coming. It is simple reasoning. He said his govt is working seriously to improve on power and has Increased the tariffs to attract the oil companies to invest in gas for the power stations. Stop hating. Embrace transformation.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osinbajo Interacts With Trader Moni Beneficiaries In Osun (Photos) / LAWMA Employs 20 Physically-Challenged Persons To Sweep Pedestrian Bridges / Ekiti: 7 Chairmen, 42 Councilors Dump PDP For APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.