Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,397 members, 7,808,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? (11585 Views)

What Happened To Nn24? / What Is It With Nn24 Newscasters And I Pads? / Nn24 Television: Nigerian?! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by awesomet1(m): 9:12am On Jun 26, 2012
Please out of curiosity, I would like to know what has become of the news channel NN24. it's been a while since they aired on DSTV.

1 Like

Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by 365naijanews(m): 9:50am On Jun 26, 2012
i think they do nt hav the money to fund it oh.
Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by Cleanman(m): 12:02pm On Jun 26, 2012
awesome_t: Please out of curiosity, I would like to know what has become of the news channel NN24. it's been a while since they aired on DSTV.
seems they moved 2 a c-band satelite(dnt knw d 1 exactly)..i'm also wondering y they aint broadcasting on dstv any longer.
Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by Afam4eva(m): 4:23pm On Jun 26, 2012
I guess they were out of fund and were not encouraged and so, they had to close shop. It's not easy running a big business in Nigeria if you're not a friend of government. To think I was tipping them to be ther CNN of Nigeria.
Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by adigad: 4:29pm On Jun 26, 2012
they will come on air 4 debate in 2015

2 Likes

Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by awesomet1(m): 4:30pm On Jun 26, 2012
adiga_d: they will come on air 4 debate in 2015
Lwkmd!
Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by Guapo(m): 4:34pm On Jun 26, 2012
i guess someone got broke embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by ochiaha1(m): 4:41pm On Jun 26, 2012
Guapo: i guess someone got broke embarassed embarassed embarassed

I think so too. Hubris, excessive pride and ambition, must have contributed to the closure of the station as the promoters of the station did not want to reach out to Financiers, in their misplaced self-belief, to participate in the joint ownership of the station.
Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by onome25(m): 4:42pm On Jun 26, 2012
awesome_t: Please out of curiosity, I would like to know what has become of the news channel NN24. it's been a while since they aired on DSTV.
SINCE DEY REMOVE FUEL SUBSIDY THIER BODY NO DEY THESAME AGAIN " i think NAS should also include thier name too in the on going subsidy scam"
THANK U NIGERIANS
Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by Chrisbenogor(m): 4:44pm On Jun 26, 2012
They borrowed money and used a big man to sign as a shortie abi all these their banking terms ni. Apparently the big man tells bank that his hand is not inside the matter again and if they want their money they better go and collect it from the station grin grin grin grin you need to see the bank uprooting AC from the wall to claim their money back na grin grin grin I dunno how the whole thing ended self.
HEHEHEHEHEHEHE grin grin grin grin funny country.

1 Like

Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by awesomet1(m): 4:48pm On Jun 26, 2012
Chrisbenogor: They borrowed money and used a big man to sign as a shortie abi all these their banking terms ni. Apparently the big man tells bank that his hand is not inside the matter again and if they want their money they better go and collect it from the station grin grin grin grin you need to see the bank uprooting AC from the wall to claim their money back na grin grin grin I dunno how the whole thing ended self.
HEHEHEHEHEHEHE grin grin grin grin funny country.
Seriously? That's so sad embarassed
Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by femi4: 5:09pm On Jun 26, 2012
Won ti la na....they ve gone the way of mbi
Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by JideTheBlogger(m): 5:17pm On Jun 26, 2012

Lmao grin
Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by Donbasi(m): 5:31pm On Jun 26, 2012
simple question where has NN24 gone to? Simple answer they have gone extinct.
Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by oladayo042: 5:43pm On Jun 26, 2012
Oh! I'll miss that station.
Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by doofanc: 5:45pm On Jun 26, 2012
Running a news station is no easy feat, esp in a terrain like naija. I guess their anti-govt posture also contributed.
Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by jnrremedy(m): 5:48pm On Jun 26, 2012
they re still showing on startimes
Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by naylove(m): 5:56pm On Jun 26, 2012

their favrite program. lol

WHY WAS I BANNED?
Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by honeric01(m): 5:57pm On Jun 26, 2012
jnrremedy:

really? whats their frequency?
Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by Tgirl4real(f): 6:09pm On Jun 26, 2012
jnrremedy:

Startimes??

Have also been wondering what happened to them.
Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by awesomet1(m): 6:09pm On Jun 26, 2012
jnrremedy:
Are you sure? Check this link http://www.startimes.com.ng/Products/259147.shtml
Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by ngbede69: 6:22pm On Jun 26, 2012
.. LWTMB
Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by tessyade: 6:34pm On Jun 26, 2012
lol
Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 26, 2012
Diesel budget got them under grin

1 Like

Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by GAR3TH(m): 7:17pm On Jun 26, 2012
I believe they rebranded, they are no longer just a Nigerian news channel. They supposable are going to become an inter-continental news channel covering major news events throughout africa, kinda like bbc world news. I think they are going to relaunch the channel later on.....Also from what I understand is that CNN is the primary funder of the channel so i dont believe they are short on cash like some have said.

1 Like

Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jun 26, 2012
GAR3TH: I believe they rebranded, they are no longer just a Nigerian news channel. They supposable are going to become an inter-continental news channel covering major news events throughout africa, kinda like bbc world news. I think they are going to relaunch the channel later on.....Also from what I understand is that CNN is the primary funder of the channel so i dont believe they are short on cash like some have said.
Hahahahaah and you believe Federal Government will approve a foreign media house to control press in a sovereign state like Nigeria ? They used that CNN gist to lure viewers.
Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by kaiter: 7:53pm On Jun 26, 2012
I guess their anti-govt posture also contributed.[img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.php[/img]
Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by bigtt76(f): 8:04pm On Jun 26, 2012
No money buy iPad3 to keep uo with the trends .. grin grin grin
Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by barnaby04(m): 8:18pm On Jun 26, 2012
Me too has been wondering wat happen 2 d channel nt until recently dt a frnd of mine dat works dia as a newscaster defected 2 Channels TV. The answer is simple: THEY HAVE GONE UNDER!
Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by icez: 8:29pm On Jun 26, 2012

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by ayox2003: 9:11pm On Jun 26, 2012

Lolz. cheesy cheesy
Re: What Has Happened To NN24 News Channel? by nsiadi: 9:20pm On Jun 26, 2012

Come easy--Go easy

Sahara reporters will go same way soon.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nollywood Star In A Soft indecency Movie Called Dirty Secret / MY MOTHER'S HEART- Short Film Script / 85th Academy Awards (OSCARS) Winners List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.