Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,491 members, 7,781,475 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:05 PM

Who Should Be Nigeria's Presidential Candidate In 2015? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Should Be Nigeria's Presidential Candidate In 2015? (9585 Views)

Poll: Who should be Nigeria's Presidential candidate in 2015?

Sanusi Lamido: 0% (0 votes)
Rochas Okorocha: 40% (10 votes)
Fashola: 44% (11 votes)
Rotimi Amaechi: 4% (1 vote)
Buhari: 12% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Meet Hadi Sirika Katsina Billionaire Tipped To Be Nigeria's Minister Of Aviation / Aisha Buhari: Why President-elect’s Wife May Not Be Nigeria’s Next First Lady / Ban Ki-moon Reacts To Nigeria’s Presidential Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Should Be Nigeria's Presidential Candidate In 2015? by brabus(m): 12:38pm On Jun 26, 2012
Let's take a break for a moment from non-stop
talking about issues and weakness of the present administration, who do you think Opposition Parties should have as a presidential candidate for 2015?
I think we should we be setting things up now so that that person is well-known and has a strong resume by the time of the elections?

Who are the rising superstars in the current political dispensation? We need to start identifying good candidates now and start getting their name out there.

I'll tell you one of my heroes is Gov. Fashola of Lagos state. I am not sure whether he is right to be our candidate or not, but I really like the way he thinks and articulates why we need good policies. Lagos is a state for all (Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo) and Fashola is managing the state well.

Who are some of the good guys you really like and who you think might be the next rising star to make a great run at the presidency in 2015?

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be Nigeria's Presidential Candidate In 2015? by msay: 12:45pm On Jun 26, 2012
Rochas Okorocha IMO State
Re: Who Should Be Nigeria's Presidential Candidate In 2015? by brabus(m): 12:55pm On Jun 26, 2012
msay: Rochas Okorocha IMO State

Fashola and Rochas!

Both Governors have very solid approval ratings, but Fashola's are absolutely through
the roof. He reminds me of Duke in OBJ days.

Rochas is someone I'd like to see run in 2015.
Re: Who Should Be Nigeria's Presidential Candidate In 2015? by Arosa(m): 1:24pm On Jun 26, 2012
Fashola.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be Nigeria's Presidential Candidate In 2015? by nikkyshyne(f): 1:38pm On Jun 26, 2012
Goodluck Jonathan undecided

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be Nigeria's Presidential Candidate In 2015? by PeterKbaba: 9:38pm On Jun 26, 2012
Fashola

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be Nigeria's Presidential Candidate In 2015? by brabus(m): 5:36am On Jun 27, 2012
Of the names listed above, Fashola sounds the most interesting.

I can see him as a person to keep an eye on.

Why Nigeria must decentralise, by Babatunde Raji Fashola:

He said: “Does the central government have the human, institutional and governmental capacity to provide basic needs such as primary education, water supply, sanitation and primary health care in a reliable manner in all the 774 Local Governments?
“As a corollary, we might also ask whether the Federal Government is able to maintain all the 9001 roads in Lagos state and make them pothole free all year

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be Nigeria's Presidential Candidate In 2015? by ektbear: 5:46am On Jun 27, 2012
i like fashola

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be Nigeria's Presidential Candidate In 2015? by gbolah1(m): 6:12am On Jun 27, 2012
For me I will take Ribadu n fashola ticket, as a political observer,if opposition party need a block vote 4m north,they Need to present a northerner as there candidate,dat is d plain truth,anything short of that,opposition cannt win election comes 2015. We should remove sentiment aside n face the reality.
Rochase will nt wanted to gamble is luck comes 2015,he will prefer to go 4 second term as gov than playing on uncertainly 4 now,
Moreso I foresee jonathan supporting any opposition candidate if he eventually nt run comes 2015.
Re: Who Should Be Nigeria's Presidential Candidate In 2015? by pleep(m): 6:23am On Jun 27, 2012
Who has the best chances?
Re: Who Should Be Nigeria's Presidential Candidate In 2015? by RichDad1(m): 7:07am On Jun 27, 2012
Me and Fashola or Me and Rochas cool cool shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be Nigeria's Presidential Candidate In 2015? by Murphy7h4: 8:58am On Jun 27, 2012
Many thanks[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
Re: Who Should Be Nigeria's Presidential Candidate In 2015? by gerald28: 9:03am On Jun 27, 2012
Rochas, rochas and rochas, fashola is equally good though.
Re: Who Should Be Nigeria's Presidential Candidate In 2015? by gerald28: 9:07am On Jun 27, 2012
gbola h: For me I will take Ribadu n fashola ticket, as a political observer,if opposition party need a block vote 4m north,they Need to present a northerner as there candidate,dat is d plain truth,anything short of that,opposition cannt win election comes 2015. We should remove sentiment aside n face the reality.
Rochase will nt wanted to gamble is luck comes 2015,he will prefer to go 4 second term as gov than playing on uncertainly 4 now,
Moreso I foresee jonathan supporting any opposition candidate if he eventually nt run comes 2015.

Why do you people aways make a moronic comment, do you think ribadu and fashola ticket is sellable??
Re: Who Should Be Nigeria's Presidential Candidate In 2015? by ibrahimdoc: 9:10am On Jun 27, 2012
Rochas for me any time any day.
Re: Who Should Be Nigeria's Presidential Candidate In 2015? by brabus(m): 9:41am On Jun 27, 2012
gerald28:

Why do you people aways make a moronic comment, do you think ribadu and fashola ticket is sellable??

I think Ribadu is perhaps not ready, as he
hasn't held any elective office, but he has
potential. He has liberal instincts, calls a spade a spade, but can't articulate well why we need the policies we need. And he is very likeable.

Of course, the North won't annoint him as there candidate for 2015. And pairing him with Fashola is not looking good either. After watching the Presidential Debate, I see he won't fair any better than GEJ.

But obviously 2015 election is 'Opposition vs PDP', so any good combination fielded by opposition will likely get electorate's nod.
Re: Who Should Be Nigeria's Presidential Candidate In 2015? by brabus(m): 7:03pm On Jul 01, 2012
Let's have your view.
Re: Who Should Be Nigeria's Presidential Candidate In 2015? by dasparrow: 7:07pm On Jul 01, 2012
brabus: Let's take a break for a moment from non-stop
talking about issues and weakness of the present administration, who do you think Opposition Parties should have as a presidential candidate for 2015?
I think we should we be setting things up now so that that person is well-known and has a strong resume by the time of the elections?

Who are the rising superstars in the current political dispensation? We need to start identifying good candidates now and start getting their name out there.

I'll tell you one of my heroes is Gov. Fashola of Lagos state. I am not sure whether he is right to be our candidate or not, but I really like the way he thinks and articulates why we need good policies. Lagos is a state for all (Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo) and Fashola is managing the state well.

Who are some of the good guys you really like and who you think might be the next rising star to make a great run at the presidency in 2015?

@bolded, anybody who can lead Nigeria in the right path. I would have said Fashola or Donald Duke but none of these men are interested in contesting for president because they know how dirty Nigerian politics can get at the presidential level.
Re: Who Should Be Nigeria's Presidential Candidate In 2015? by ektbear: 4:04am On Jul 02, 2012
Musiwa

with Uche2005 as his VP
Re: Who Should Be Nigeria's Presidential Candidate In 2015? by ekeneNY: 8:16am On Jul 03, 2012
I think either Owelle Anayo Rochas Okorocha or Okonjo Iweala should be at the top of the ticket and Either Olusegun Aganga or Fashola should be at the bottom.
Re: Who Should Be Nigeria's Presidential Candidate In 2015? by brabus(m): 2:31pm On Jul 03, 2012
All the potential candidate for President in 2015 has a long list of pros and cons. In most cases, the pros outweigh the cons, but there are a few such candidates for whom it's the other way around.

And even among those where the "pros
outweigh the cons," the margin is narrow enough to give me that "GEJ feeling" again - a candidate that people voted for solely because we had no better alternative.

I'll vote Fashola if he declare his ambition for good policies and good governance. Fashola's pros far outweigh the cons
Re: Who Should Be Nigeria's Presidential Candidate In 2015? by Mandelaguy(m): 2:45pm On Jul 03, 2012
We should just wait and see,2015 is still afar off. By 2014,bring up this post again,then,we shall affirmatively speak.
Re: Who Should Be Nigeria's Presidential Candidate In 2015? by Lisa1: 3:22pm On Jul 03, 2012
Re: Who Should Be Nigeria's Presidential Candidate In 2015? by brabus(m): 4:10pm On Jul 03, 2012
Mandelaguy: We should just wait and see,2015 is still afar off. By 2014,bring up this post again,then,we shall affirmatively speak.

How far off is 2015? Its just 2 years and 11 months away. Political parties had 131 days to campaign before these elections.

Building up excitement about candidate(s) years or months before an election, so that they can be known is not the same as endorsing a candidate. And you'll agree with me that whosoever will get a nomination and a chance to win the presidential election must get out there at least good three years before the election they plan to run in and not just 6 months before the race.

Otherwise, history will keep repeating itself. We'll keep installing the people who had tagged themselves as the 'ruling class' or the 'anointed ones'

My thought!
Re: Who Should Be Nigeria's Presidential Candidate In 2015? by brabus(m): 10:44am On Jul 18, 2012
Fashola: The defender of true democracy. www.nairaland.com/992912/fashola-arrests-army-officers-brt
Re: Who Should Be Nigeria's Presidential Candidate In 2015? by ubandire(m): 11:41am On Jul 18, 2012
brabus: Let's take a break for a moment from non-stop

Yes,I agree with ur post of taking a break from the unneccessary non stop talk about weakness of govt,but just that u didn't add it was a 'comic relief'in the sense that non of these people u put up there can be president come 2015,if u want to conduct a poll include the right candidates.
Re: Who Should Be Nigeria's Presidential Candidate In 2015? by brabus(m): 11:55am On Jul 18, 2012
ubandire:

Yes,I agree with ur post of taking a break from the unneccessary non stop talk about weakness of govt,but just that u didn't add it was a 'comic relief'in the sense that non of these people u put up there can be president come 2015,if u want to conduct a poll include the right candidates.

Let's have your candidates. Let's build up excitement.

(1) (Reply)

Ganduje Appoints 11 Female Permanent Secretaries / 2021: Year To Calm Down, And Wail Less – Femi Adesina / Keyamo: No Reason To Reveal Tinubu’s Health Status

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.