Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,829 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Yakubu To Leave Blackburn & Join Guangzhou R&F - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yakubu To Leave Blackburn & Join Guangzhou R&F (4087 Views)

Yakubu Aiyegbeni With His Wife & Daughters (Holiday Pictures) / Yakubu Missed A Penalty Against Liverpool In A 3 - 2 Defeat For Blackburn / Yakubu Scores Four In Blackburn Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yakubu To Leave Blackburn & Join Guangzhou R&F by mukina2: 2:40pm On Jun 26, 2012

Nigeria striker Yakubu is due to arrive in China on Monday to seal a move to Guangzhou R&F.

Officials from Guangzhou and Yakubu's representatives have been negotiating the deal.

The Blackburn Rovers striker, who scored 17 league goals last season, is now poised to complete the deal in China.

Yakubu admitted in May he was looking at his options after Blackburn's relegation from the Premier League.

Details of the deal have not been revealed but he will reportedly earn around £5.7m a year ($9m US).

The 29-year-old will be following the footsteps of Didier Drogba by moving to China after the Ivory Coast captain joined Shanghai Shenghua last week.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18577535
Re: Yakubu To Leave Blackburn & Join Guangzhou R&F by skales(m): 2:48pm On Jun 26, 2012
who cares??

if he like, make he move to chelsea
for him pocket
Re: Yakubu To Leave Blackburn & Join Guangzhou R&F by mallorca(m): 2:50pm On Jun 26, 2012
Yak congrats in advance
Re: Yakubu To Leave Blackburn & Join Guangzhou R&F by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:53pm On Jun 26, 2012
Step in the right Direction from Thousands of Pounds Sterling to Millions of Chinese YEN grin grin All na Money
Re: Yakubu To Leave Blackburn & Join Guangzhou R&F by eghost247(m): 2:55pm On Jun 26, 2012
this one everyone is heading to China whats up
Re: Yakubu To Leave Blackburn & Join Guangzhou R&F by vulpeslopez(m): 2:56pm On Jun 26, 2012
I don't want to believe there is no premiership team dat wants to buy him after last season exploits for blackburn he scored more goals than carrol and Torres put together.ending his young career @ 29years @ the Same time with old horses Drogba and Anelka is a big diappointment 4 Me........best of luck to him sha.

2 Likes

Re: Yakubu To Leave Blackburn & Join Guangzhou R&F by kaiter: 3:11pm On Jun 26, 2012
I think China is too rich.[img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.php[/img]
Re: Yakubu To Leave Blackburn & Join Guangzhou R&F by ebamma(m): 3:17pm On Jun 26, 2012
vulpeslopez: I don't want to believe there is no premiership team dat wants to buy him after last season exploits for blackburn he scored more goals than carrol and Torres put together.ending his young career @ 29years @ the Same time with old horses Drogba and Anelka is a big diappointment 4 Me........best of luck to him sha.
29 years ke,abi na me old pass am.?
Re: Yakubu To Leave Blackburn & Join Guangzhou R&F by timmy1999(m): 3:23pm On Jun 26, 2012
vulpeslopez: I don't want to believe there is no premiership team dat wants to buy him after last season exploits for blackburn he scored more goals than carrol and Torres put together.ending his young career @ 29years @ the Same time with old horses Drogba and Anelka is a big diappointment 4 Me........best of luck to him sha.

Who tell u he is 29yrs..baba wey don close to 40 or more..make he no go make better money for china..carry go...afterall u dey smile to bank eventhough u r not dat good but luck is just wit u.
Re: Yakubu To Leave Blackburn & Join Guangzhou R&F by wisdomolusola: 3:50pm On Jun 26, 2012
wish him the best in his career
Re: Yakubu To Leave Blackburn & Join Guangzhou R&F by snowdrops(m): 3:56pm On Jun 26, 2012
Yakubu is now a full mercenary. Money good oooo.
Re: Yakubu To Leave Blackburn & Join Guangzhou R&F by ortopazz(m): 5:49pm On Jun 26, 2012
timmy1999:

Who tell u he is 29yrs..baba wey don close to 40 or more..make he no go make better money for china..carry go...afterall u dey smile to bank eventhough u r not dat good but luck is just wit u.

whether or not he his that age, im score pass tha playaz that were compared to him, karol and lorres
Re: Yakubu To Leave Blackburn & Join Guangzhou R&F by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 26, 2012
you get mouth joor
Re: Yakubu To Leave Blackburn & Join Guangzhou R&F by Amhatu(m): 5:53pm On Jun 26, 2012
Good move by Yakubu if true. I believe Guangzhou R&F is in top postion as one of the best teams inside Chinese Leauge One(Chinese Super Leauge).
Re: Yakubu To Leave Blackburn & Join Guangzhou R&F by tayoccu(m): 6:33pm On Jun 26, 2012
I wish him the very best.
@ least if he no make am as footballer over there e go help them dey catch chicken.

Re: Yakubu To Leave Blackburn & Join Guangzhou R&F by billante(m): 7:20pm On Jun 26, 2012
tayoccu: I wish him the very best.
@ least if he no make am as footballer over there e go help them dey catch chicken.

Buahahahahaha! Guy u funny die with these ur photoshops! Lmao
Re: Yakubu To Leave Blackburn & Join Guangzhou R&F by latbas(m): 8:13pm On Jun 26, 2012
billante:

.any pics now na photoshop abi.
Re: Yakubu To Leave Blackburn & Join Guangzhou R&F by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jun 26, 2012
dis yakubu just dey carry badluck dey walker every where.any club the slowpoke enter, dey go relegation.
Re: Yakubu To Leave Blackburn & Join Guangzhou R&F by Reference(m): 9:14pm On Jun 26, 2012
China far nau. How we go take dey yab you.
Re: Yakubu To Leave Blackburn & Join Guangzhou R&F by toluxa1(m): 10:54pm On Jun 26, 2012
Its clear that the Chinese aim to up their league hence the recent big spendings. And you'll notice they are bringing in veterans who are near retirement for two reasons. First they are ones with the experience to do that, secondly they are the ones who won't have to contemplate between money and opportunity. Young stars like Hazard or Neyman can't go because they are still looking for opportunities to prove themselves and Chinna aint where to do that.
Re: Yakubu To Leave Blackburn & Join Guangzhou R&F by femi4: 6:06am On Jun 27, 2012
billante:

it wasn't photoshop, I actually watched that match where yak dey help the keeper catch the chiken threw into the field with blackburn flag by one of the angry bburn fans

(1) (Reply)

Samuel Peters Set To Redeem Image With Fast Eddie, March 27 / Which Planet Is Messi From? / No Controversy! No Arguement!! Messi Is The Greatest Of All Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.