Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,698 members, 7,802,061 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

Man Kidnaps Brother For N4M Ransom - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Kidnaps Brother For N4M Ransom (10073 Views)

35-Year-Old Man Kidnaps Teenager In Lagos, Keeps Her As Sex Slave / Herbalist Kidnaps Girls In Calabar, Turns Them To Sex Slaves (pictured) / Man Kidnaps 5-year Old Boy In Ogun, Arrested In Abuja (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Kidnaps Brother For N4M Ransom by mukina2: 4:14pm On Jun 26, 2012
A 27-year old man, Okafor Chukwujekwu has been arrested by the police in Lagos state, Southwest Nigeria, for allegedly kidnapping his blood brother, Cosmos Chukwujekwu for a ransom.

The victim, who is his elder brother, was kidnapped at Festac Town, Lagos and taken to an unknown place where he was made to pay N4 million ransom before he was released.

Okafor was arrested along with his accomplice, Malik Sherif, 31, and charged before the Apapa Magistrate’s with kidnapping.

The incident happened at 4th Avenue, Festac Town, Lagos, close to the victim’s house.

P.M.NEWS gathered that Okafor had asked Cosmos to assist him set up his own business, but Cosmos told him to be patient to enable him raise some money.

Rather than wait, he settled for the devil’s alternative and allegedly ambushed Cosmos along Festac road on his way to his home and took him to an unknown place where they threatened to kill him if he did not pay the money.

The victim surrendered his Honda car, handsets and paid cash of N1.8 million before they released him.

The total value of what he paid them in exchange for his freedom was N4 million.

The matter was reported at Festac Police Division and the defendants were later arrested.

Okafor and Sherif were arraigned before Apapa Magistrate’s court presided over by Mr. E. A. Ogundare.

When the charge was read to them, they pleaded not guilty.

They were remanded in Kirikiri prison while the matter was adjourned.

[url=http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/06/26/man-kidnaps-brother-for-n4m-ransom/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PmNewsNigeria+%28PM+News+Nigeria%29]Source[/url]

1 Like

Re: Man Kidnaps Brother For N4M Ransom by Demdem(m): 4:23pm On Jun 26, 2012
tribal warriors, get lost from this thread

@ post.

Highly condemnable.
Re: Man Kidnaps Brother For N4M Ransom by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 26, 2012
Kissing a dinosaur by the nose is better than having your bros deal with you in this manner.

1 Like

Re: Man Kidnaps Brother For N4M Ransom by LadyAmaka(f): 4:29pm On Jun 26, 2012
He doesn't have money to help him but has 1.8million to pay cash? Some relatives nawaoo but the younger brother went to the extreme.

1 Like

Re: Man Kidnaps Brother For N4M Ransom by crusufixo(m): 4:30pm On Jun 26, 2012
Demdem: tribal warriors, get lost from this thread

@ post.

Highly condemnable.

Re: Man Kidnaps Brother For N4M Ransom by SpiritofOkija(m): 4:33pm On Jun 26, 2012
Kini Big deal..

This is a regular occurence nowadays in the Niger Delta..

A boy even kidnapped himself to get money from the father for his release.. Unfortunately, the Papa no like am like that so paid the police to investigate and he was caught and rescued from himself..

4 Likes

Re: Man Kidnaps Brother For N4M Ransom by Demdem(m): 4:35pm On Jun 26, 2012
Mukina, have u seen wettin u cause? u'v been on NL for a long time to know what thread has the potential of attracting tribal warlords.

2 Likes

Re: Man Kidnaps Brother For N4M Ransom by SpiritofOkija(m): 4:36pm On Jun 26, 2012
Jesus!!

I only responded to the title and not the text of the thread!!

OMG!!

We are in trouble.. Lets all sit back and watch this turn into an Igbo bashing thread and see how long it takes the mods to delete the negative posts..

Thread was Started at exactly 4:14pm (-1 G.M.T)

Hit the front Page after 2 replies...

And the Igbo bashing has already started..

2 Likes

Re: Man Kidnaps Brother For N4M Ransom by Chidave20(m): 4:37pm On Jun 26, 2012
[color=#990000][/color] how can a man b so hrtless,wel i gues wen he is rottening,he wil blame d devil.he shld b sntncd 2 5years inprisonment,i cnt hv such as a broda.
Re: Man Kidnaps Brother For N4M Ransom by Lyndo(f): 4:38pm On Jun 26, 2012
so sad undecided
Re: Man Kidnaps Brother For N4M Ransom by Bowale007(m): 4:40pm On Jun 26, 2012
WANT TO MAKE IT BY FIRE BY FORCE!!!
Re: Man Kidnaps Brother For N4M Ransom by Sagamite(m): 4:40pm On Jun 26, 2012
Lady Amaka: He doesn't have money to help him but has 1.8million to pay cash? Some relatives nawaoo but the younger brother went to the extreme.

You are a reetard!

Is it the place for you or his brother to tell him how to spend his money?

2 Likes

Re: Man Kidnaps Brother For N4M Ransom by courage89(m): 4:40pm On Jun 26, 2012
Lady Amaka: He doesn't have money to help him but has 1.8million to pay cash? Some relatives nawaoo but the younger brother went to the extreme.

Common people. Do you know how he was able to raise the 1.8 million?
Why do we have this entitlement mentality? Because he's my brother or my sister, he/she have to set me up, have to give me money for my upkeep, have to take care of my family responsibilities. I think this method of reasoning, attitude clearly deserves total overhall. The only person responsible for your life is you. Don't blame your brothers, cousins, and others for your woes

2 Likes

Re: Man Kidnaps Brother For N4M Ransom by SisiKill1: 4:41pm On Jun 26, 2012
Cosmos?! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Man Kidnaps Brother For N4M Ransom by Thugnificent(m): 4:43pm On Jun 26, 2012
What the hell is Naija turning into?....if one cn kidnap his own blood broda soon u go hear say papa kidnap hin own son for ransom....Naija i dey hail oo
Re: Man Kidnaps Brother For N4M Ransom by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 26, 2012
I think the MOD enjoys having the igbos bashed in a sustained manner. Its been 30mins and he has not hidden any post. Anu ofia!

1 Like

Re: Man Kidnaps Brother For N4M Ransom by Demdem(m): 4:45pm On Jun 26, 2012
Keneking: I think the MOD enjoys having the igbos bashed in a sustained manner. Its been 30mins and he has not hidden any post. Anu ofia!

i dont think so. instead i think they enjoy anything that will bring traffic. Threads like this don't dissapoint.
Re: Man Kidnaps Brother For N4M Ransom by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 26, 2012
Spirit of Okija: Kini Big deal..

This is a regular occurence nowadays in the Niger Delta..

A boy even kidnapped himself to get money from the father for his release.. Unfortunately, the Papa no like am like that so paid the police to investigate and he was caught and rescued from himself..

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Man Kidnaps Brother For N4M Ransom by naylove(m): 4:58pm On Jun 26, 2012
tribal bashing or whatever this might spring.it does not change the fact that the igbos love money more than any other tribe in our nation. i wonder why it is so?

to think a comedian once made a joke about this kidnapping saga, now everything begins to unfold before our very eyes.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Primary School Pupil Rescued From Female Kidnapper In Uganda (Photos) / Witch Caught Doing Strange Things At Night, See Video / Court Remands Man For Defiling Neighbour’s 13-Year-Old Granddaughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.