Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

Need True Advice And Sincere Mature Advice On North Cyprus Universities - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Need True Advice And Sincere Mature Advice On North Cyprus Universities (2496 Views)

Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus / North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need True Advice And Sincere Mature Advice On North Cyprus Universities by Dudurex: 5:52pm On Jun 26, 2012
Please, We need mature contributions and advice on this thread on the true picture of North Cyprus. I am actually new on Nairaland and I have gone through people's contributions on various thread created related to North Cyprus. Tell me, is the place that bad the way some people painted it?
Agreed that there is no job to manage as claimed,if you are personally industrious, what is your chance? Finally, of the truth,can one get a petty job at least to meet up with part of the needs? The above is directly related to Master degree students. Thanks for your candid contribution and please, lets avoid insult here.
Re: Need True Advice And Sincere Mature Advice On North Cyprus Universities by tmed1(m): 2:05pm On Jun 27, 2012
Dudurex: Please, We need mature contributions and advice on this thread on the true picture of North Cyprus. I am actually new on Nairaland and I have gone through people's contributions on various thread created related to North Cyprus. Tell me, is the place that bad the way some people painted it?
Agreed that there is no job to manage as claimed,if you are personally industrious, what is your chance? Finally, of the truth,can one get a petty job at least to meet up with part of the needs? The above is directly related to Master degree students. Thanks for your candid contribution and please, lets avoid insult here.

I don't think North Cyprus is that Bad. The problem is that some students probably came here with high and unachievable expectations E.g get an high paid job,buy a nice car and build a nice luxurious home back in Nigeria. More especially, many came here with the idea of "Work and Study". When they realize that these things cannot be feasible in North Cyprus, they are in a way frustrated. And what is left for them is to say all sorts of negative things about the Island,freeze their semester, "Run Away" to other countries. Although you might BE LUCKY to find a job in North Cyprus(which pays less-money anyway),don't ever think that you can use this money to further your education, in fact, even to pay for your accommodation. Nevertheless, North Cyprus is a good place for education(E.M.U especially, i don't know of other schools) Any student who is determined to study diligently is very likely to be successful and will to a large extent, enjoy his or her stay in North Cyprus. I think that is the fact that some students here neglect. At the end it is sad to say that these students do not do well academically NEITHER do they make the money that they seek. Therefore, they loose at both side.
Note: This is written based on what I've seen on the campus, anyone with valid reasons can prove me wrong, as it is not immune to criticism.
Re: Need True Advice And Sincere Mature Advice On North Cyprus Universities by onatisi(m): 3:36pm On Jun 27, 2012
from what u have written it is certain studying isnt ur main purpose and just to butteress the response u have gotten so far that place is not a hustling joint.dont waste ur mney if u are thinking of hustling but if you have enough funds to fund ur education fully then go there but jusy erase the idea of working and who knows u might be lucky and get a job but dont bank on it
Re: Need True Advice And Sincere Mature Advice On North Cyprus Universities by Dudurex: 11:56pm On Jun 27, 2012
t-med:

I don't think North Cyprus is that Bad. The problem is that some students probably came here with high and unachievable expectations E.g get an high paid job,buy a nice car and build a nice luxurious home back in Nigeria. More especially, many came here with the idea of "Work and Study". When they realize that these things cannot be feasible in North Cyprus, they are in a way frustrated. And what is left for them is to say all sorts of negative things about the Island,freeze their semester, "Run Away" to other countries. Although you might BE LUCKY to find a job in North Cyprus(which pays less-money anyway),don't ever think that you can use this money to further your education, in fact, even to pay for your accommodation. Nevertheless, North Cyprus is a good place for education(E.M.U especially, i don't know of other schools) Any student who is determined to study diligently is very likely to be successful and will to a large extent, enjoy his or her stay in North Cyprus. I think that is the fact that some students here neglect. At the end it is sad to say that these students do not do well academically NEITHER do they make the money that they seek. Therefore, they loose at both side.
Note: This is written based on what I've seen on the campus, anyone with valid reasons can prove me wrong, as it is not immune to criticism.
Re: Need True Advice And Sincere Mature Advice On North Cyprus Universities by Dudurex: 11:58pm On Jun 27, 2012
t-med:

You have made a very good contribution here bro. Tnx for that. I got your point here. My intention is to come over and study, 99% because I have got a career Job here in Nigeria. Am coming back since I will be on study leave. Though if better opportunity surfaces fine, God decides on that. The idea of part time job is kinda good if one is furtunate to get it but should not be depended on as you have rightly said.
Thanks for taking your time here, are U also a student of EMU? Pls woul like to have a time with you. Maybe on yahoo mess or facebook. Thanks
Re: Need True Advice And Sincere Mature Advice On North Cyprus Universities by Dudurex: 12:09am On Jun 28, 2012
onatisi:
from what u have written it is certain studying isnt ur main purpose and just to butteress the response u have gotten so far that place is not a hustling joint.dont waste ur mney if u are thinking of hustling but if you have enough funds to fund ur education fully then go there but jusy erase the idea of working and who knows u might be lucky and get a job but dont bank on it

hmmmm. U got it wrong reading my intention, but more thanks for you good contribution.
Just want to know how the Island is in general perspective. Your contribution is helpful
Re: Need True Advice And Sincere Mature Advice On North Cyprus Universities by tmed1(m): 6:04pm On Jun 28, 2012
Dudurex:

You have made a very good contribution here bro. Tnx for that. I got your point here. My intention is to come over and study, 99% because I have got a career Job here in Nigeria. Am coming back since I will be on study leave. Though if better opportunity surfaces fine, God decides on that. The idea of part time job is kinda good if one is furtunate to get it but should not be depended on as you have rightly said.
Thanks for taking your time here, are U also a student of EMU? Pls woul like to have a time with you. Maybe on yahoo mess or facebook. Thanks

Hi, Yeah, I'm a student of E.M.U. However, I don't often frequent yahoo messenger, thus, i will prefer you reach me by e-mail; taiwo.ahmed84 at yahoo.com (i purposely wrote my e-mail that way due to some reasons, i do hope u understand).
Regards
Re: Need True Advice And Sincere Mature Advice On North Cyprus Universities by tmed1(m): 6:58am On Jun 29, 2012
Hi everyone, i've been receiving e-mails as regards admission inquiries, visa processing,even tourist visa. I'm sorry that was not the reason i wrote my e-mail address. Admission inquiries and processing should be directed to Wip in the North Cyprus forum.He is in the best positon to answer your questions.If you seek reasonable questions about North Cyprus and its universities(esp. E.M.U).Then you can mail me.
Note: He is not concerned with the visa process as he doesn't work in the embassy.Just admission

1 Like

Re: Need True Advice And Sincere Mature Advice On North Cyprus Universities by wip7: 11:13am On Jun 30, 2012
t-med:
Hi everyone, i've been receiving e-mails as regards admission inquiries, visa processing,even tourist visa. I'm sorry that was not the reason i wrote my e-mail address. Admission inquiries and processing should be directed to Wip in the North Cyprus forum.He is in the best positon to answer your questions.If you seek reasonable questions about North Cyprus and its universities(esp. E.M.U).Then you can mail me.
Note: He is not concerned with the visa process as he doesn't work in the embassy.Just admission

Am sure your email is filled up now hmmmmmmmm grin grin grin grin grin keep the good work up bro! for admission inquiries visit this thread https://www.nairaland.com/351402/north-cyprus/53
Re: Need True Advice And Sincere Mature Advice On North Cyprus Universities by Dudurex: 12:53pm On Jul 10, 2012
t-med:

Hey bro. How are you doing now? I sent you a mail. have you seen it? Pls do reply me. Thanks a lot
Re: Need True Advice And Sincere Mature Advice On North Cyprus Universities by wip7: 5:52pm On Jul 10, 2012
Dudurex:

Hey bro. How are you doing now? I sent you a mail. have you seen it? Pls do reply me. Thanks a lot

I receive more 200 emails daily, so how can i know which is yours? will be nice to drop ur commnet on North Cyprus thread
Re: Need True Advice And Sincere Mature Advice On North Cyprus Universities by jolugo: 4:58pm On Jun 19, 2013
North cyprus is a very beautiful and peaceful island with friendly people
There are so many jobs especially for female student. They pay
Per hour and u can work in many places from shopping malls to skul
Library. The pay is good and u can also enjoy so many benefits.
Re: Need True Advice And Sincere Mature Advice On North Cyprus Universities by perop1(m): 10:31pm On Jun 21, 2013
Pls can any body tell me how can I get greek language school there

(1) (Reply)

Turkey's Online Visa..what Re The Requirements? / Save N Plan For Xmas In Ghana: Show Your Interest Now! / Travel To Cyprus (eu) Without Much

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.