Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,458 members, 7,770,140 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:27 AM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (959210 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by avinashvyas247(m): 6:14am On Jul 02, 2012
Hi, friend,

recently i purchased Android phone Samsung 5830I. i saw that its battery back is not well. it just 1 day. so what a problem its battery or Android OS consumed more power.please kindly reply me.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by walcolm(m): 6:34am On Jul 02, 2012
avinashvyas247: Hi, friend,

recently i purchased Android phone Samsung 5830I. i saw that its battery back is not well. it just 1 day. so what a problem its battery or Android OS consumed more power.please kindly reply me.

if you take time to type a coherent post, maybe we will understand what you're trying to ask

are u asking about the battery of ur phone? if that's the question, then confirm you bought a new phone. if it is new the battery should not have a problem

note that androids are not the best in battery so factor that in before u conclude there's a problem with the battery

and don't forget to read the manual

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by walcolm(m): 7:25am On Jul 02, 2012
texazzpete:

Still crap from Google and several generations behind Nokia maps. Imagine my fury when i found out that you STILL can't navigate without a data connection!!

Nokia maps are several generations ahead...how's that working out for Nokia

Maybe Google will buy the Nokia maps for peanuts at the Nokia's burial ceremony grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:31am On Jul 02, 2012
HEHE

@ tex, im think you are wrong about the navigation part.

if you download offline maps, when u don't have data and u put on your GPS it still accurately locates you on the offline map. . . . . .

un;ess of course you want it to guide you turn by turn, which i have'nt tried
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by daygeee(m): 9:49am On Jul 02, 2012
Please fandroids, is there a way to purchase the galaxy Nexus from the google play store using payment options available to Nigerians? Thanks
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Benemond(m): 10:01am On Jul 02, 2012
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by walcolm(m): 1:54pm On Jul 02, 2012
daygeee: Please fandroids, is there a way to purchase the galaxy Nexus from the google play store using payment options available to Nigerians? Thanks

have u tried on amazon? you can purchase an unlocked unit on amazon and in a few weeks time your Jelly bean update should drop
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by walcolm(m): 1:55pm On Jul 02, 2012
Benemond: How do i setup my internet on my HTC Wildfire? And whats d best internet bundle for it?

i dont think you need to do any special setup. once u have an active data plan, your HTC should come to life
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by kazzi11(m): 2:11pm On Jul 02, 2012
4bobo: please i need genuine answer from users. I want to buy good android phone with 3g that has good battery life for moderate daily usage with only 30k or less with me. Iam considering galaxy y pro , but wen i read the review, i learnt that it has poor battery life and hangs alot . Please i need suggestion.
Or wch 3g android tab is durable with less than 200dollars i can order online and what realiable site can i get them,that you will recommend,folks
go for the galaxy y pro. am using it and the battery life is moderate not poor as a lot people who dont use it claims. i charge my phone once in 2 or 3 days
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by daygeee(m): 3:41pm On Jul 02, 2012
walcolm:

have u tried on amazon? you can purchase an unlocked unit on amazon and in a few weeks time your Jelly bean update should drop

Thanks Walcolm, problem is i don't know which nigerian cards are being accepted  amazon. I have a GTBank mastercard. It won't be funny if i preload the cash and d card is declined.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by SAFO(m): 5:35pm On Jul 02, 2012
daygeee:

Thanks Walcolm, problem is i don't know which nigerian cards are being accepted  amazon. I have a GTBank mastercard. It won't be funny if i preload the cash and d card is declined.

Apple just won a temporary injunction banning all sales of the Galaxy Nexus so they probably won't even have it in stock.

Best to just buy from the UK or get the Nexus 7 tablet before they ban it too.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by daygeee(m): 6:13pm On Jul 02, 2012
The Nexus 7 tablet is wifi only, and that doesn't work for me. Personally i hate the samsung touchwiz UI, so don't want the samsung products either. Looks like i'll have to compromise afterall.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by donugapi(m): 6:33pm On Jul 02, 2012
I don't really know too much about android OS n all but I know from the little i've used of it that it's very very nice. The only regret I have for not dumping my iphone 4 earlier is the fact that I wouldn't have gotten the Galaxy S3... It's the Awesomest and Most Terrifical phone ever!!!!!!!!!!

Geez that is the definition of a smartphone.. and not the crap that apple is selling!!

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 02, 2012
Welcome onboard the best computing platform ever. Over 500,000 productive apps beckons

donugapi: I don't really know too much about android OS n all but I know from the little i've used of it that it's very very nice. The only regret I have for not dumping my iphone 4 earlier is the fact that I wouldn't have gotten the Galaxy S3... It's the Awesomest and Most Terrifical phone ever!!!!!!!!!!

Geez that is the definition of a smartphone.. and not the crap that apple is selling!!
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by chucky234(m): 10:59pm On Jul 02, 2012
na2day!:
Over at Google I/O, the news about Android 4.1 - a.k.a. Jelly Bean, if you haven't heard - just broke.

The first announcement was Project Butter, a new processing framework for Android that should make it run much, much faster - up to 60fps, in fact. The CPU and graphics will now work together in harmony, with the latter being triple-buffered, meaning things like scrolling and transitions should be noticeably faster.

There's also going to be improved voice input, including support for offline voice-to-text, which should be exciting. Speaking of input, there's now going to be 18 more input languages, from Hebrew to improved Arabic support.

For blind users, there will also be improved accessibility, another requested feature.

Notably, the camera app has also been improved - users can now pinch to see the camera and gallery side-by-side, so you can swipe to the photo you just took.

Another improved feature is Android Beam, which will now allow you to share files between phones. You'll also be able to simply tap an NFC-capable speaker to pair with it - nice.

Android's already awesome notification system is also seeing an update, wherein your notifications for a certain app will be grouped together, and devs will be given more APIs. These APIs will allow users to control music apps from within the notification bar, and the notifications will expand or collapse upon your command. Sexy.

Google Search is also being improved, as we've been hearing about. There are now short "cards" with information about celebrities, weather, maps, etc. - so you will no longer have to dig through full Google results (though these will be available should you want them).

Another new feature is Google Now, which uses past actions for which you've used your phone to figure out useful things like faster routes home, bus / train schedules, restaurant menus, flight info, and sport scores. You can access all this from the search box or by swiping up from the bottom of the screen.

Jelly Bean will start rolling out to the Galaxy Nexus, Nexus S, and Motorola XOOM mid-July, but the SDK is available today. If you're not drooling yet, there's something wrong with you.
Nice info but google now is already running on my phone.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by texazzpete(m): 11:11pm On Jul 02, 2012
walcolm:

Nokia maps are several generations ahead...how's that working out for Nokia

Maybe Google will buy the Nokia maps for peanuts at the Nokia's burial ceremony grin

What has this got to do with how crappy google maps still is?

Nokia is way bigger than Motorola...not even Google will be able to swallow them just yet grin

Expect Nokia to rebound back with WP8.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by texazzpete(m): 11:12pm On Jul 02, 2012
4llerbuntu: HEHE

@ tex, im think you are wrong about the navigation part.

if you download offline maps, when u don't have data and u put on your GPS it still accurately locates you on the offline map. . . . . .

un;ess of course you want it to guide you turn by turn, which i have'nt tried

Turn by turn doesn't work without a data connection. POsitioning works though.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by walcolm(m): 8:41am On Jul 03, 2012
daygeee:

GTbank has a perpetual beef for amazon.com, so your GT Card(visa, mastercard etc) will not work on amazon.com but it works on amazon in other countries. other Nigerian MasterCards work with no problem
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Ogetogeo(m): 10:42am On Jul 04, 2012
Pls house how will u rate the Samsung galaxy pocket?
And what are the advatages/disadvantages over Samsung galaxy y duos?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by earthrealm(m): 4:12pm On Jul 04, 2012
is there an app to share my mtn 3g internet on my pc...share it tru wifi and connect my android fone to the wifi?...am tired of paying for data bundles......cant seem to find the raw apk files of most of the apps i want/need
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 04, 2012
earthrealm: is there an app to share my mtn 3g internet on my pc...share it tru wifi and connect my android fone to the wifi?...am tired of paying for data bundles......cant seem to find the raw apk files of most of the apps i want/need

if you need raw files of your apps. download astro manager , go to application backup and back any app up. you'll find your apk version of the app at backups folder in your file explorer OR you could use Airdroid
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by SAFO(m): 8:46pm On Jul 04, 2012
Anyone checked out Nova 3 yet? Graphics are amazing (running it on the HTC One X)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by SAFO(m): 8:51pm On Jul 04, 2012
another nice game..... Dead Trigger

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by na2day(m): 9:08pm On Jul 04, 2012
chucky234: Nice info but google now is already running on my phone.
[size=13pt]
Here is Google Now getting an epic 47-question interrogation![/size]

[flash=640,480]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHkhp6BwnGo[/flash]

grin grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by BlackBaron: 9:10pm On Jul 04, 2012
SAFO: another nice game.....Dead Trigger
Yet to download that but android titles keep on improving.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by na2day(m): 9:10pm On Jul 04, 2012
SAFO: another nice game..... Dead Trigger

As for me, i enjoy these kind of games on my tablet.
But i like what I'm seeing in these screenshots.
Reminds me of Shadowgun.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by obataala(m): 9:00am On Jul 05, 2012
i nid ur help concernin a fwenz fone-my touch 3g,he had security code set 4 it,den sum 1 tried unlockin it several tymz only 4 d fonez 2 go a numb afta bin powered;apart 4rm d viaberatn 2 signalled it bin powered,no lite on either keyboard or screen, or any display.in dat state,it does not charge wen connected 2d mains.Tuk it 2 a techician,stil no joy.my tinkin iz dat d wrong code triggered a shutdown as part of anti-theft feature.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by texazzpete(m): 1:33pm On Jul 05, 2012
SAFO: another nice game..... Dead Trigger

Reviews warned me that this was a crappy game. i wish i'd listened. Great graphics, boring, easy gameplay.

I hate this Android fragmentation that keeps games like NBA Jam away from my S3.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 05, 2012
texazzpete:

Reviews warned me that this was a crappy game. i wish i'd listened. Great graphics, boring, easy gameplay.

I hate this Android fragmentation that keeps games like NBA Jam away from my S3.

NBA jam is crap. played it and wasn't all that even though it's my best sport
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:24pm On Jul 05, 2012
^^ they have come again

first one condemn game, add the entire android join say na android fault.

the second one condemn the first one recommendation patapata

ok na who we go come believe now?

na d games no good or na android fault say the game no good?

na your choice of game no good, or na android no good?
answers on a postage stamp

obataala: i nid ur help concernin a fwenz fone-my touch 3g,he had security code set 4 it,den sum 1 tried unlockin it several tymz only 4 d fonez 2 go a numb afta bin powered;apart 4rm d viaberatn 2 signalled it bin powered,no lite on either keyboard or screen, or any display.in dat state,it does not charge wen connected 2d mains.Tuk it 2 a techician,stil no joy.my tinkin iz dat d wrong code triggered a shutdown as part of anti-theft feature.

egbon u sure say na wetin cause make dat fone no work? that does not sound like what the lock code can cause.
btw usually when that kinda thingy happens, the fone makes you use the google account on the fone to unlock it! so....

then again, this your "engineer" sabi work so?

id have thought that he would hook that fone up to a pc and see if it still gets detected, then check if its not issues like battery or a brick?
and if the fone is not hard bricked, FLASH IT!!!!

so as far as i know, unless your explanation is flawed, which i think it is, you ultimately need to flash that phone with STOCK RADIO FIRMWARE AND OS.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by earthrealm(m): 4:37pm On Jul 05, 2012
nope, meant sharing the 3g modem internet on ur phone..broadcasting it tru wifi and connecting ur android phone to the wifi u created....thus using the laptops internet on ur android
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ewerex(m): 8:13pm On Jul 05, 2012
[quote author=texazzpete]

I hate this Android fragmentation that keeps games like NBA Jam away from my S3. [/quote

pls is thr a way i can move the application on my galay ace to the memory card because any time i try to run any of the game on it,it will be telling me low memory on the phone,while i still have about 14gb on the memory phone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.