Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,781 members, 7,802,418 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (366) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (965486 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 9:10am On Mar 06, 2015
Please how can i root my Samsung Galaxy e5, I just bought it last 2 days
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by chuksisaac: 12:53pm On Mar 06, 2015
Pls does anyone have an lgp769 that is.rooted? if yes,pls copy ur vold.fdtab file to me and send it via whatsapp. .08120755178...u would b rewarded
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by luyemee(m): 1:19pm On Mar 06, 2015
Please does anybody know howvi can update my tecno h5 to android 4.2 to 4.4 or 5.0? Thanks
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by lafayette(m): 1:40pm On Mar 06, 2015
For your android phone problems, rooting + tweaking of blacberry imei to use bis plan.... call me via :08167267498 or whatsapp me via :08136329876 for a solution
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by amofah1(m): 4:57pm On Mar 06, 2015
melya:
Please how can i root my Samsung Galaxy e5, I just bought it last 2 days
use "super-root apk"to root easily
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ufarblog: 6:16pm On Mar 06, 2015
How to Unroot Rooted Android Device
When you root your phone, customizing your phone becomes considerably easier. However, it can be irritating when you can't get updates on your phone because it is rooted.
http://www.ufarblog.com/2015/03/how-to-unroot-rooted-android-device.html
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by dominique(f): 8:55pm On Mar 06, 2015
Android gurus help!!! I can't transfer files from my computer to my phone. It's so annoying and frustrating. Whenever I connect my phone yo computer, there's no option of mass storage once the device is recognised. Most times I borrow my colleague's phone (a tecno o embarassed) to recieve the files the and then collect them through blue tooth. I want to know which app I can download which will enable me transfer Mp3, Mp4, 3pg etc files from computer to phone and vice versa. Also I need someone to help me with a super smart keyboard to make my typing easier and faster. Someone made mention of one sometime back but I can't recollect the name of the app. I use a Samsung galaxy core I262 (not sure).
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Refino(m): 9:10pm On Mar 06, 2015
if really you are using an android fone
1.make sure usb debugging under developer option in phone setting is checked
2.if no developer option is available,go to about device and tap build number 7 times to enable developer option.
3.download latest pc driver for your particuliar android device(google is your friend) and android interface driver
4.make sure you switch on usb connect via mass storage on your android device
now u can transfer for files. enjoy!

dominique:
Android gurus help!!! I can't transfer files from my computer to my phone. It's so annoying and frustrating. Whenever I connect my phone yo computer, there's no option of mass storage once the device is recognised. Most times I borrow my colleague's phone (a tecno o embarassed) to recieve the files the and then collect them through blue tooth. I want to know which app I can download which will enable me transfer Mp3, Mp4, 3pg etc files from computer to phone and vice versa. Also I need someone to help me with a super smart keyboard to make my typing easier and faster. Someone made mention of one sometime back but I can't recollect the name of the app. I use a Samsung galaxy core I262 (not sure).
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by dominique(f): 9:22pm On Mar 06, 2015
Refino:
if really you are using an android fone
1.make sure usb debugging under developer option in phone setting is checked
2.if no developer option is available,go to about device and tap build number 7 times to enable developer option.
3.download latest pc driver for your particuliar android device(google is your friend) and android interface driver
4.make sure you switch on usb connect via mass storage on your android device
now u can transfer for files. enjoy!

Gracias, merci, thanks so much. I just ticked the usb debugging option and I received a pop up message that I will be able to transfer files from computer to device. Do I still need to download the pc driver from play store? I know that once I get the mass storage option once I plug my phone to computer, I won't haven't any issues transferring files again.

*modified*

here are some scrernshots of some pc drivers. Which do you feel is the best? I want to know which exact one to download. Lord knows I've downloaded my fair share of useless apps

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by abangaLEE(f): 1:27am On Mar 07, 2015
Someone help ohhh whenever a call comes in to ma phone and i want to pick it up
A screen popped up like this

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Lexusgs430: 2:29am On Mar 07, 2015
abangaLEE:
Someone help ohhh whenever a call comes in to ma phone and i want to pick it up
A screen popped up like this

Did you delete any programs from your phone prior to error ?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by scarr: 3:51am On Mar 07, 2015
dominique:
Samsung doesn't support mass storage per say d way mtk(tecno) does, u can download kies(Samsung desktop manager)to transfer files easily.
two most favourable keyboards would be Swiftkey and google keyboard,they both support Swype text, I prefer google cos its simple fast and straight to the point but if u need customisation get swiftkey

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by abangaLEE(f): 8:24am On Mar 07, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Did you delete any programs from your phone prior to error ?
Ave done it no longer does so again
Thanks mahn
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by OversightTM(m): 8:43am On Mar 07, 2015
Morning everyone, my android os used up over 250mb of background data overnight . I had download tasks on my uc browser, so I let it run through d night, and this isn't d first of me running downloads overnight. Pls wat wud av triggered ds excess background usage from my os?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 07, 2015
My Tecno H5 hangs and it's frustrating. Most time when i'm on call the light seizes (fone goes blank while call still on) & i had to quickly remove d battery to end the call.
At times the fone went off and restart itself. I usually can't access contact or sms as it shows contact not responding or system not responding. I will have remove & reinsert d battery several tyms b4 it work.
Pls, help wit useful advice.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by fortech91(m): 8:18pm On Mar 07, 2015
OversightTM:
Morning everyone, my android os used up over 250mb of background data overnight . I had download tasks on my uc browser, so I let it run through d night, and this isn't d first of me running downloads overnight. Pls wat wud av triggered ds excess background usage from my os?
1. It could be that some apps updated automatically
2. Automatic backup to Google server could have been initiated

Read more: http://www.androidgist.com/how-to-stop-apps-from-wasting-your-data
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by fortech91(m): 8:29pm On Mar 07, 2015
Eddyken:
My Tecno H5 hangs and it's frustrating. Most time when i'm on call the light seizes (fone goes blank while call still on) & i had to quickly remove d battery to end the call.
At times the fone went off and restart itself. I usually can't access contact or sms as it shows contact not responding or system not responding. I will have remove & reinsert d battery several tyms b4 it work.
Pls, help wit useful advice.

1. Check the available RAM and if it is low, try stop or uninstall apps you really don't need
2. Ensure that your internal storage is not that low
3. Scan your phone against malware or virus
4. If all other options fail, you can then restore (or format) the phone.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by yeancol11(m): 10:25pm On Mar 07, 2015
My phone charger spoilt and since then all other charger I use refuse to charge my phone. My phone charge overnight only to wake up and see 10%
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Seamareggae(m): 10:36pm On Mar 07, 2015
Pls can someone help me on the easiest way to root tecno H7... without pc...
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by dominique(f): 10:54pm On Mar 07, 2015
scarr:

Samsung doesn't support mass storage per say d way mtk(tecno) does, u can download kies(Samsung desktop manager)to transfer files easily.
two most favourable keyboards would be Swiftkey and google keyboard,they both support Swype text, I prefer google cos its simple fast and straight to the point but if u need customisation get swiftkey

Thanks for the tips. I've rooted my phone downloaded a usb enabler app. I alsy downloaded a superSU and bestbug app. I got the prompt that the PC will recognise my device whenever I plug it into it. But I plugged it in and the computer still did not recognise the device. I restarted the device, unmounted and replaced the SD card, Reconnected the phone ti computer still NOTHING. Please is there anything else I can do?

Cc Refino
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by tayoast(m): 12:07am On Mar 08, 2015
dominique:

Thanks for the tips. I've rooted my phone downloaded a usb enabler app. I alsy downloaded a superSU and bestbug app. I got the prompt that the PC will recognise my device whenever I plug it into it. But I plugged it in and the computer still did not recognise the device. I restarted the device, unmounted and replaced the SD card, Reconnected the phone ti computer still NOTHING. Please is there anything else I can do?

Cc Refino

Download Samsung USB drivers and Samsung Kies. Should help with file transfers.

SwiftKey is the best keyboard out there, and it's now free.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by scarr: 4:52am On Mar 08, 2015
dominique:

Cc Refino
rooting ur phone doesnt enable mass storage, beside how did u root it?
i dont think dere is any app ull download on ur phone that would enable mass storage too, u might have probably downloaded a malware or fake app,
if u cant use d media option inbuilt den get kies
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 7:12am On Mar 08, 2015
amofah1:
use "super-root apk"to root easily
Tried it but didn't root the phone
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by dominique(f): 7:57am On Mar 08, 2015
scarr:

rooting ur phone doesnt enable mass storage, beside how did u root it?
i dont think dere is any app ull download on ur phone that would enable mass storage too, u might have probably downloaded a malware or fake app,
if u cant use d media option inbuilt den get kies

I went through Google and downloaded an app called framaroot. I've unistalled the app as well as the usb mass storage enabler I downloaded. I'll go and look for the kies app on playstore.

tayoast:

Download Samsung USB drivers and Samsung Kies. Should help with file transfers.
SwiftKey is the best keyboard out there, and it's now free.

Thanks I'll do just that
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by scarr: 3:13pm On Mar 08, 2015
dominique:

I went through Google and downloaded an app called framaroot. I've unistalled the app as well as the usb mass storage enabler I downloaded. I'll go and look for the kies app on playstore.

Thanks I'll do just that
Well u can use framaroot to root ur phone but it has nothing to do with mass storage .......hehehe not every app is a play store app, kies is a PC app
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 3:45pm On Mar 08, 2015
dominique:

Thanks I'll do just that

you need samsung kies . theres version 2 and version 3. i'm not certain which works with your phone. they will however install the drivers required to enable your pc to detect your phone. you may also want to try a different cable to connect the phone to the pc.

you really want to go wireless install airdrive on the phone, and netdrive2 on your pc( assuming you have wifi) the phone drives will show up on my computer in your pc. will send links later. ( posting from phone)

updated:
below is a link to kies - i am assuming your phone is 2014 or later - so it should work with kies3

https://www.samsung.com/in/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/#none
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by amofah1(m): 5:38pm On Mar 08, 2015
melya:

Tried it but didn't root the phone
what was the response??
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by chuksisaac: 7:37pm On Mar 08, 2015
pls am unable to.edit my vold.fstab file oooo .,,Wats d way out?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by kingsley989(m): 10:45pm On Mar 08, 2015
Good evening all.
Please how do I unlock an acer tab that was given to my friend but is requesting for google account...? How do I unlock it as he she forgot the partern and don't know the google account linked to the tab.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by LeJeun3: 11:44pm On Mar 08, 2015

Restore factory settings....

Power button + volume down combination to go to recovery. Use volume keys to scroll through the options.

kingsley989:
Good evening all.
Please how do I unlock an acer tab that was given to my friend but is requesting for google account...? How do I unlock it as he she forgot the partern and don't know the google account linked to the tab.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by LeJeun3: 11:48pm On Mar 08, 2015
dominique:

Thanks I'll do just that

Downloading kies is complicating your problem..
Go to this link and download drivers for your phone:
http://androidxda.com/download-samsung-usb-drivers

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=961956

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.