Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,688 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (437) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (966610 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Borwe: 5:52pm On Nov 30, 2015
Uninstall the previous. Or open the apk, extract it and rename it in its AndroidManifest.xml file the part android:name="" to what yoou want
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Masterdeking(m): 8:26pm On Nov 30, 2015
Pls I need help. My Tecno M5 suddenly start hanging when it reach boot logo. It refuse to pass the boot logo. So I took it to a Technician today they flash it. After flashing it the problem take another dimension. If I on it. It will write Android upgrading and hang there. Any solution house
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Franky826: 11:20am On Dec 01, 2015
Baroba:

Didn't you set up a Gmail account on initial setup, usually you can log in with it incase you forgot your pin? .. Anyway, you might have to boot into recovery and do a complete factory reset. Shouldn't loose much data since phone is still new like you said..

Thanks for replying. The data was switched off and there was no way Google could help, even though I still had my login details and password intact. But I did the recovery booth stuff and it worked. I appreciate your time.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Teeboy22(m): 4:27pm On Dec 01, 2015
hello guys

pls am about getting a Nokia XL device

but, some1 told me i cnt download whatsapp &any other APK file on it. Unless i Root the fone..pls hw tru is dis

nd if i don root the phone...like wetn nd wetn i fit dey use the fone do..any similar experience
& what re de advantages of rooting a fone

Thnks
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by noirsangre(m): 9:52pm On Dec 01, 2015
See the list of all Infinix phones in Nigeria. The real number will shock you http://www.androidtag.com/list-of-infinix-phones/
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Zinny22: 11:54pm On Dec 01, 2015
Hi guys..I just got a Samsung galaxy j5 that I ordered on Jumia,it is a dual sim phone but the sim 2 Slot is not working, though I have sent a mail to jumia customer care.Is there any other thing I should do or am I missing something?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Teeboy22(m): 7:14am On Dec 02, 2015
Zinny22:

Hi guys..I just got a Samsung galaxy j5 that I
ordered on Jumia,it is a dual sim phone but the sim
2 Slot is not working, though I have sent a mail to
jumia customer care.Is there any other thing I should
do or am I missing something?

Maka why??

this is part of the tins..i dnt like gettn tins online or so...i de prefer am wella mke i go ikeja go buy am live & direct. Im not sayn , gettn stuffs online is nt good..but de disadvantages too much...
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Baroba(m): 10:33am On Dec 02, 2015
Zinny22:

Hi guys..I just got a Samsung galaxy j5 that I
ordered on Jumia,it is a dual sim phone but the sim
2 Slot is not working, though I have sent a mail to
jumia customer care.Is there any other thing I should
do or am I missing something?

Phone should be under warranty, should work straight out of the box...nothing to do than to return it.. Once it gets tampered na oyo you dey..
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by TheBigTee(m): 11:56am On Dec 02, 2015
Learn how to easily create strong passwords that you will not forget here...http:///1MVRNox grin shocked
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Daraplato(m): 1:56pm On Dec 02, 2015
If you are around Ife and it's environs. Happy news for you.
If you have problems with rooting, upgrading and repairing your Infinix, TECNO etc. If you have soft bricked or hard bricked your device. Miracle concepts has the solution to all these issues. Just call this number 08101091320.

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ycomics: 4:30pm On Dec 02, 2015
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Leopantro: 4:50pm On Dec 02, 2015
WHAT IS GOOGLE CARDBOARD?

Google Cardboard is a complete virtual reality platform. It is essentially an app and a viewer containing a couple of lenses held a certain distance from a smartphone screen. When viewed through those lenses, it creates a virtual reality, the smartphone screen appears to be 3-D.

HUH, VIRTUAL REALITY?

An artificial generated environment consisting of images and sounds that is affected by the actions of a person who is experiencing it. It not only creates a life like scenario for the user to experience but also provides an opportunity for the user to interact with the environment as if it were real.

SERIOUSLY, WHAT CAN IT DO?

It is said that a picture is worth a thousand words. Imagine if you were in the picture, you could-
1. Ride on a virtual roller coaster, experiencing the speed and the vertigo.
2. See in details locations and places you have always wanted to visit.
3. Explore underwater wrecks while avoiding sharks.
4. Experience fear in a whole new level in a haunted house.
5. Explore the nerve pathways of a deranged human mind.
6. Plays 3-D games in a completely different pattern.

BUT I HAVE VIDEO GAMES AND MOVIES THAT CAN DO THAT?

No matter how interesting a movie or a game is, the peripheral vision will always acknowledge the edge of the television. Once the line of vision does not include what you were focusing on, the experience loses its appeal and mental concentration reduces. With the Google cardboard, field of vision is immersed into the experience. Imagine watching a fight scene in a movie; you can look away and see the walls within the room of the fight scene, not the walls in your living room.

HOW DOES IT WORK?

A Google Cardboard app splits the smartphone display image into two, one for each of your eyes. The effect produces a solid or three dimensional image that completely fills your field of vision, and immerses you into a virtual world. The viewer, into which the phone is inserted, combines the two images into one. Certain components in the phone orient the screen such that the screen adjust the view of what you see no matter where the head turns to.

SO, WHY GOOGLE CARDBOARD VIEWER?

1. Experience the world of 3-D from the comfort of your home
2. No extra equipment required; just your phone and a viewer
3. Affordable; compared to Oculus Rift ($350) or Samsung’s Gear VR headsets ($200)
4. Sturdy and portable.

AWESOME, SO WHAT DO I NEED?

1. A phone that runs Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) or newer.
2. Google cardboard app installed in the phone
3. Phone must have gyroscope capability (not mandatory)
4. Phone must respond to a magnet

Some android phones do not have gyroscope capability. A simple way to check is to install an app called Magnetometer from the play store. Place the phone on a table and start the app. Then, using a magnet, move it around the edges of the phone but do not touch the phone with the magnet. A degree of deflection will be recorded by the app if the phone supports gyroscope capability. If the meter doesn’t deflect, the phone does not have the capability. The Google cardboard viewer can still be utilized but will limited functionality.

BUT I USE AN IPHONE/ WINDOWS PHONE?

Although initially made for android phones, the Google cardboard app has been upgraded to be utilized on IPhone and windows phone that have gyroscope capability. The first version of Cardboard could fit phones with screens up to 5.7 inches (140 mm) and used magnets as input buttons, which required a compass sensor in the phone. An updated design released at Google I/O 2015 works with phones up to 6 inches (150 mm) and replaces the magnet switch with a conductive lever that triggers a touch event on the phone's screen for better compatibility across devices. A port of the Google Cardboard demonstration app to Apple's iOS mobile operating system was released at the same conference.

BUT WINDOWS PHONE DOESN’T HAVE GOOGLE CARDBOARD APP?

Windows does have alternative apps that produce the same effect; search the windows store for “VR”, “VIRTUAL REALITY” or “SIMULATION”. You can also visit this URL to experience an online 3-D video.
http://vr.chromeexperiments.com

BEFORE I GET THE VIEWER, COULD I GET A 3-D EXAMPLE ON MY ANDROID PHONE?

1. Go to the play store, search for “SEAWORLD VR 2”. Install and play. Click on “3D” (cube picture at the far left) and when it loads move the phone around.
2. Go to the play store, search for “JURASSIC DINO VR”. Install and play. Click on “NORMAL MODE”.

ARE THERE SIDE EFFECTS TO USING THE VIEWER?

1. The viewer contains very strong magnets capable of affecting pace makers. Handle with care
2. It is capable of causing “VR sickness” i.e. the video can be so real it can induce vertigo and dizziness but not in all cases. It is recommended that the viewer is utilized while sitting.
3. Not suitable for children under the age of 5 because of “2”.
4. Keep in mind that Google Cardboard won't turn any app into a 3D experience.

VERY INTERESTING BUT AS A BUSINESS MAN/WOMAN, HOW CAN I USE IT TO MAKE MONEY?

“You are only limited by your imagination”. Welcome to photosphere

REAL ESTATE : have a high class property or landscape a client is interested in but have difficulty setting up an onsite survey? No problem. Using a capable phone, take a 360 degree view of various locations on the site and send it to the client. Better yet, use 3-D Google earth to get a bird’s eye view of the site. Take the client on a guided tour of the rooms of the property he/she can view from the comfort of his/her home. For an example, click on the GUIDED TOUR of the largest castle in the world in the Google cardboard app.

ARCHITECT: with modern software, 3-D models of building can be created. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if your client could appreciate every room, staircase and structure before the foundation is laid? Turn your drawings into 3-D structures or make a gallery of different structures utilizing just your phone.

ENGINEERING: planning a field trip for a large class of interns? Comparing components or structures and pictures just wouldn’t do? Explaining the mechanisms of a delicate machine that scare and expensive? Why don’t you view a 3-D model of the structure or location? Cut down on logistics and travel expenditures. For example, below is a photosphere picture mars rover on Mars and the lunar landing as well as the insides of a washing machine.

INTERIOR DECOURATOR : there’s a big difference between pictures and seeing the actual decor. Take your interested buyers on a guided tour of your painting gallery or your collections from the comfort of their homes. Take your business to the next level and go virtual. For example, below is a photosphere picture of the interior of Saint Paul Cathedral in London.

TOURISM: want to experience Yankari game reserve or Obudu cattle ranch but pictures just don’t cut it? Showcase a 360 degree, breath taking view of the top of Zuma rock, waterfalls in Cross River or explore Olumo rock with your phone. For example, below is a photosphere 360 degree view of the mono rail from Sandia Peak in New Mexico and the view of from a hot air balloon ride over Seattle, Washington.

ADVERTISMENT/ JOUNALISTS/MEDICAL STUDENTS/FASHION DESIGNERS:

With apps such as NYT-VR (New York times newspaper), Virtual Tour by AMFI ( fashion designers/ advertisement), INMIND VR (Psychiatry), the world of virtual reality is here to stay and growing.

browse through some pictures here http://pages.swcp.com/~adric/pano/

FINALLY
The cardboard can now be utilized to play SOME PC games in 3D,. compatible games include
GZ3Doom
Dear Esther
Crysis 2
Amnesia, Dark descent ( the game is scarry enough in 2D)
Rise of Flight
Condor gliding simulator
Arma 2
Dirt 3
stay tuned for more info

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by benzion72(m): 5:04pm On Dec 02, 2015
Daraplato:
If you are around Ife and it's environs. Happy news for you.
If you have problems with rooting, upgrading and repairing your Infinix, TECNO etc. If you have soft bricked or hard bricked your device. Miracle concepts has the solution to all these issues. Just call this number 08101091320.

can you root htc desire. v.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Daraplato(m): 5:12pm On Dec 02, 2015
benzion72:

can you root htc desire. v.

Yes.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by gidjah(m): 4:43am On Dec 03, 2015
Engrs in the house,idid a factory reset on my andrroid glo bis, and now the connection aint working again even after gettin acknowledgmnt from from glo that the status is connected.pls what do i do next?,can some one help me with the glo bis APN SETTINGS PLS? I NEED TO RESET THE PORT,AND OTHER SETTINGS ON THE APN PLS
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Uthman51(m): 7:52pm On Dec 03, 2015
GOOD PM ENGR..
My simple server stop working since yesterday.. anytime I sub It will work for some minutes den stop....all d settings are still intact.
e gba mi o
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by pxjosh(m): 7:19am On Dec 04, 2015
Engineers help please, I tried using simpleAndroidserver on a samsung gt19100 after rooting it and its saying The application SimpleAndroidServer (process.com.simpleandroidserver.simpleandroidserver) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again . Ive tried clearing the cache and its still the same thing. help me please. Meanwile d phone runs on 2.3.3 and the simpleandroidserver is the latest version.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by cyberwaver(m): 1:10pm On Dec 05, 2015
Do you always wonder why Nigerians like big screen android phones and you have been wondering why? There is a new article that said more about it. Follow the link to read ==> http://addednew.com/why-most-nigerians-prefer-big-screen-android-phones/
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ahonzi: 8:24am On Dec 06, 2015
hello,I share data with my htc one m7 from my bb z10(glo),all of a. sudden I notice if I move just a step away from my bb,my HTC WiFi disconnects,other phones I share with are still connected even when they are far away.pls I need help
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by khattab008: 9:38am On Dec 06, 2015
Please can anyone tell me how to use MTN BIS on PC?
A link to a tutorial will also be appreciated.
Thanks.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by duoboyeemmanuel(m): 7:17pm On Dec 06, 2015
Pls I need help.. My Android phone has a problem.. Whenever its sim 2 is on H+ it automatically turns on d GPS.. This device is Tecno M7.. Thank u..
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by just2endowed: 9:29pm On Dec 06, 2015
duoboyeemmanuel:
Pls I need help.. My Android phone has a problem.. Whenever its sim 2 is on H+ it automatically turns on d GPS.. This device is Tecno M7.. Thank u..

Are u using tweakware or psiphon to browse? Mine those that too.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by just2endowed: 9:37pm On Dec 06, 2015
Do u wish to Upgrade or downgrade ur infinix hot note device and don't know how? Or do u want to unbrick it? Whatsapp me on 07066561480. I base in Lagos.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by directonpc(m): 1:04am On Dec 07, 2015
Guys you can try this new social android app http://7rl.in/png12 it's new and fun
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by jaiyejina(m): 11:17am On Dec 07, 2015
Pliz how much will it cost to change the touch pad of tecno l6, pliz reply needed urgently
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by mygee2(m): 12:05pm On Dec 07, 2015
Hi guys pleasw i forget my pattern of my gionee E6 please anyhelp unblocking it Thanks guys
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Babstobex(m): 12:17pm On Dec 07, 2015
Please any android cheat... Abeg?. biko... Ejoor... Please.? Android subs wan kill me.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by jaiyejina(m): 1:10pm On Dec 07, 2015
I've got a neat gionee p4 running Android 5.0.2 custom rom, tweaked to use glo bis and mtn bbmidid sub, comes with plastic pouch and charger. Games like fifa 16 and mortal Kombat x can also be added which run smoothly on the phone. Call or whatsapp 08073060032 it's just 13k, best value for your cash
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ayinbu: 3:22pm On Dec 07, 2015
I need a good/ fairly used HUAWEI ANDROID phone that is good for browsing with good battery capacity/RAM.If yes contact me via:08034316017
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by kelo1504(m): 5:46am On Dec 08, 2015
Help after I tried to flash cwm using flashify my verssed motion tablet doesn't want to boot to recovery it just reboots and guys I need help
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Carlcaresophia: 9:25am On Dec 08, 2015
duoboyeemmanuel:
Hi, you may need to upgrade system. You can take your phone to our Carlcare Service Center, our technicians there will try to help you with it. If you need us send your address and hotline of our service center, please let us know the city and state you are living in now. Thank you!

(1) (2) (3) ... (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.