Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,576 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

4 Trueth The Southerners Should Know About The North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 4 Trueth The Southerners Should Know About The North (723 Views)

Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce / Opinion: Southerners Should Start Coming Home. / NYSC: Northerners Should Serve In The North, Southerners Should Serve In South? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Trueth The Southerners Should Know About The North by Ogahtech(m): 2:35am On Jun 27, 2012
Please, readers should note. This has nothing to do with criticism or sectionalism. 1 Northerners were never selfish in polititics. Because the north brougt obasanjo to power collectively to compensate the blonders done by one of their sons IBB to the yoruba's. Despite obasanjo was a christian. 2 GEJ got about 60% support from the North in 2011. Despite he is a christian. I remember when shagari told the people of sokoto to vote GEJ because the niger deltan's are their brother's, the gave them maximum suport during the second republic. And certainly GEJ was ahead of buhari in sokoto. Don't forget, sokoto is the centre of islam in Nigeria. 3 The boko haram chaos, should'nt be used against the entire north. Because, if we could remember the days of the militants in south-south. Many people pointed accusing finger on the leaders and youths of the south-south. until yar'adua came to realized, the government is the only solution to the problem.
4 finally, i would like every southerner to agree with me that we from the north are more concern and worried on this issue of boko haram. We pray day and night for a rescue mission. hoping one day the government will wipe away our tears, the way our son yar'adua wipe away the tears of our brothers in the south-south.
Re: 4 Trueth The Southerners Should Know About The North by CyberG: 2:53am On Jun 27, 2012
You made some good points but you don't count on the loser president Goatlock to wipe away any tears as this is the most clueless piece of skin on the entire planet! I was a strong critic of Yar'adua and on many issues but even this lameduck president makes Yar'adua like Einstein!

1 Like

Re: 4 Trueth The Southerners Should Know About The North by Nobody: 3:42am On Jun 27, 2012
Gbagaun!! shocked

1 Northerners were never selfish in polititics. Because the north brougt obasanjo to power collectively to compensate the blonders done by one of their sons IBB to the yoruba's. Despite obasanjo was a christian

I doubt the move was altruistic.
Re: 4 Trueth The Southerners Should Know About The North by koruji(m): 4:16am On Jun 27, 2012
You are confusing issues. Northerners may not be selfish, but NORTHERN AND SOUTHERN ELITES of Nigeria are the most selfish people that exist on mother earth.

Due to the selfishness of the northern elite in particular majority of the populace are lacking in the kind of education they make sure to put their wards through. They keep the rest of the population in abject ignorance and poverty, and lord it over them politically through religious exploitation.

In addition, I take issue with your #2 item. How did GEJ get 60% support in northern states when Buhari won all those states, except you are including the middle-belt in "the north", which I am sure they which is not the middle-belter's idea of the north.

Ogahtech: Please, readers should note. This has nothing to do with criticism or sectionalism. 1 Northerners were never selfish in polititics. Because the north brougt obasanjo to power collectively to compensate the blonders done by one of their sons IBB to the yoruba's. Despite obasanjo was a christian. 2 GEJ got about 60% support from the North in 2011. Despite he is a christian. I remember when shagari told the people of sokoto to vote GEJ because the niger deltan's are their brother's, the gave them maximum suport during the second republic. And certainly GEJ was ahead of buhari in sokoto. Don't forget, sokoto is the centre of islam in Nigeria. 3 The boko haram chaos, should'nt be used against the entire north. Because, if we could remember the days of the militants in south-south. Many people pointed accusing finger on the leaders and youths of the south-south. until yar'adua came to realized, the government is the only solution to the problem.
4 finally, i would like every southerner to agree with me that we from the north are more concern and worried on this issue of boko haram. We pray day and night for a rescue mission. hoping one day the government will wipe away our tears, the way our son yar'adua wipe away the tears of our brothers in the south-south.
Re: 4 Trueth The Southerners Should Know About The North by Onlytruth(m): 4:17am On Jun 27, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Gbagaun!! shocked

I doubt the move was altruistic.

hehe. Spot on. The move was self preserving. Why didn't they see Olu Falae to support? Falae was much more qualified than OBJ, but they chose to support OBJ because they thought they could control him.

Honestly I am very proud of some of our Yoruba brothers.
Imagine to chose between Falae and OBJ. hehe. Either way, the North had to lose. cool
Whenever I get angry at OBJ I remember that he single handedly defeated the North in the game of power in Nigeria, so I chill down again.

@OP, ol' boy calm down, we are also praying with you that Boko Haram is defeated. I hope you would also know that our prayer can only go as far as your desire to take back power, because you and I know that the end game for the Boko boys is the Nigerian Aso rock.

(1) (Reply)

Presidency Plots To Meddle In Nigerian Bar Association Elections / .. / Is Presidency After Gbajabiamila?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.