Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,193 members, 7,780,324 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:29 PM

You Can Never Go Wrong With These Curls - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / You Can Never Go Wrong With These Curls (6671 Views)

What Is Wrong With This Photo(pineapple Head Edition) / What Is Wrong With This Picture / Rock Dis Hair For A Classy Look..kinky Curls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Can Never Go Wrong With These Curls by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 27, 2012
Images Courtesy CurlBOX.

1 Like

Re: You Can Never Go Wrong With These Curls by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 27, 2012
I LOVE THE LAST ONE. grin

Re: You Can Never Go Wrong With These Curls by nanidee(f): 11:43pm On Jun 27, 2012
The first is so so lovely. . . I plan on having something like that this summer wink wink
Re: You Can Never Go Wrong With These Curls by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jun 28, 2012
nanidee: The first is so so lovely. . . I plan on having something like that this summer wink wink
That i`m sure will make you ROCK.
Re: You Can Never Go Wrong With These Curls by lavender13: 10:48am On Jun 29, 2012
Love these! Especially the 3rd and 4th.. How do I make get this style..I'm an african.pls ladies gimme tips
Re: You Can Never Go Wrong With These Curls by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 02, 2012
How i wish most Nigerian girls have Natural hair like these and not some freaking wigs and attachments.
Re: You Can Never Go Wrong With These Curls by Naturalluv(f): 11:57pm On Jul 02, 2012
These are nice but we are black Africans, our hair don't curl in these patterns. We have 4b, 4c in hair texture and they are 3a to 3c. These women are all mixed with the exception of maybe one who's hair is the closest to our texture and her hair is probably a 4a/b. Find hair that will be best suited for our type of hair and then we'll talk.
Re: You Can Never Go Wrong With These Curls by XtremeBase(f): 12:10pm On Jul 03, 2012
chipmunkey: How i wish most Nigerian girls have Natural hair like these and not some freaking wigs and attachments.

Sorry to burst ur bubble, most of 'em pics up there, if not all are weaves tagged afro kinky curl or kinky curly, i know because i fix weaves like that and when i blend it with my hair, people wonder!
Re: You Can Never Go Wrong With These Curls by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 03, 2012
Naturalluv: These are nice but we are black Africans, our hair don't curl in these patterns. We have 4b, 4c in hair texture and they are 3a to 3c. These women are all mixed with the exception of maybe one who's hair is the closest to our texture and her hair is probably a 4a/b. Find hair that will be best suited for our type of hair and then we'll talk.
Do you mean an African woman"s hair can never look like this or better?

XtremeBase:

Sorry to burst ur bubble, most of 'em pics up there, if not all are weaves tagged afro kinky curl or kinky curly, i know because i fix weaves like that and when i blend it with my hair, people wonder!
If these are weaves, then it's a very well done hair so i guess more of the fault lies in the hands of Nigerian stylists.
Re: You Can Never Go Wrong With These Curls by XtremeBase(f): 11:02pm On Jul 03, 2012
chipmunkey: Do you mean an African woman"s hair can never look like this or better?

If these are weaves, then it's a very well done hair so i guess more of the fault lies in the hands of Nigerian stylists.

A little in the stylist's hands and more in the wearer's. Curly hair is very beautiful but needs serious maintainance unlike straight hair, i have to co-wash every few days, wet, moisturise with a leave in, comb it everyday to get the curls defined, and blend everyday. I get tired of it at times, but when i think of the va- va voom attention i get, i think it worth it. wink
Re: You Can Never Go Wrong With These Curls by XtremeBase(f): 11:04pm On Jul 03, 2012
And some of the hair's up there could also be lace wigs and lace fronts, with the right density.
Re: You Can Never Go Wrong With These Curls by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jul 03, 2012
Can you show us pictures?
Re: You Can Never Go Wrong With These Curls by XtremeBase(f): 4:10am On Jul 04, 2012
chipmunkey: Can you show us pictures?

@Chipmunkey, hell no o! But then again, il think abt it lols
Re: You Can Never Go Wrong With These Curls by Naturalluv(f): 6:53am On Jul 04, 2012
The first girl is Bi-racial and so are the last 2 people. The others are African American. Show me a Nigerian woman who is not mixed with that natural hair texture. I'm not saying that our hair is bad, im just saying that we don't have that texture.
Re: You Can Never Go Wrong With These Curls by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 04, 2012
I might want to work with a few of my Models in achieving that these kinds of result just to prove to people here that ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE.
Re: You Can Never Go Wrong With These Curls by kandiikane(m): 6:25am On Jul 09, 2012
@naturalluv, I would like to disagree.

Maybe you have not seen Nigerians with curly patterns but I have seen many Africans with such hairs.

I can give myself as an example, my hair has a natural curly pattern but I never let it grow due to all sorts I put on it. Anyone who does my hair always mentions it.

When washed, it becomes very curly with visible curls all round not the tiny curls where Ýou need microscope to see them.

As it becomes dry if I use no products on it, it will start becoming fizzy then BAM! Bushy(I usually leave it this way and brush it out because it looks fuller this way). In it's bushy state all I need to do is apply hair cream or conditioner and it goes curly.

By just looking at the front of my hair you can see that it has a curly texture.

I had a big chop-my hair is low atm and as I run my fingers through it, I can feel the curls but because I have been lazy with the hair(covering it with a wig), I have not been using anything on it the curls are basically buried. If I pull a strand out right now, you will see the curl pattern.

Many Africans do have curly hair but they just don't have the right products to use for it or even know whether they have curly hair since they have never seen their natural hair.

I have decided to let my hair grow to it's full glory so give my 2 to 3years and you will understand what I mean.

Even though these hair look curly, I can tell you it dries the same as any other black hair. As long as you have black genes you will have to treat your hair the same way-with caution. As it dries it always becomes frizzy/afro unless those that have the very slick kind of curly closer to that of the white hair. Even with that, it still dries and bits become frizzy.

I will try to post some photos if I can.
Re: You Can Never Go Wrong With These Curls by kandiikane(m): 7:36am On Jul 09, 2012
With the first photo, I was doing a fashion show and we had to hold the hair back but my hair just won't straighten. It's hard to get it flat and straight even with gel.

With the last one, you can't see proper because it's too dark but if yóu skim around the edges you with notice visible curls obviously because it's quite short, it will only curl back towards itself/the root.

My hair can look quite dry if I just leave it like that without applying anything .
P.s, I had to zoom in to do. closeup munches without showing my face.
Re: You Can Never Go Wrong With These Curls by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 09, 2012
I'd give anything to see the pic in the Middle.
Thanks for showing us what is possible.
Re: You Can Never Go Wrong With These Curls by kandiikane(m): 8:55pm On Jul 09, 2012
I was using my phone to upload so couldn't show the whole head whilst munching but I will try to see if I can post it one from my laptop after cropping.

People just need to realise that not all black(full) have peppergrain/peppercorn hair. The hair is very diverse and we need to stop being ignorant about that fact.
Re: You Can Never Go Wrong With These Curls by 25ofme: 7:08pm On Oct 10, 2013
Is this really that big a deal? From my understanding most women in at least Nigerian cities wear weaves, perms and wigs, and never see their natural hair.

These people below are all of dual African (3 Nigerian 1 Sierra Leonean) parentage. Hair is hair and comes in a variety of textures. Why do black people attribute any features (for reasons I wont go into now due to lack of time) deemed nice to "white" influence. Like Im shocked about the things I've seen on this website and from actual Africans.

Here are video links of everyone I posted , you can watch them do their hair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcIaEhtwh0s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-wWJLDHBgg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_zx0DMCCfM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-c3TBaLDeM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rI9XxW2sPU

Re: You Can Never Go Wrong With These Curls by hellobeauty: 3:55am On Sep 11, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Fashionable Ankara Dresses U Can Rock To Work On Friday... / This Little Cute Nigerian Girl: / Cheap And Profitable New Cloth Bussiness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.