Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,952 members, 7,806,759 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

Appeal: This MOD Should Be Banned - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Appeal: This MOD Should Be Banned (2517 Views)

Why Baracanista Must Be Banned From Nairaland - Cramjones / Nairaland Members That Should Be Banned? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appeal: This MOD Should Be Banned by Afam4eva(m): 11:22am On Jun 27, 2012
I can take the fact that some moderators are secretly encouraging tribalism by always putting threads that will increase tribal tension on the frontpage. But what i can't accept is a moderator explicitly dishing out tribal vernom. I want to appeal that a MOD named omo_to_dun(webmaster section) be banned with immediate alacrity. No mod should in any way be engaged in tribal insults because it undermines the credibility of this forum. here's his post.

omo_to_dun: [size=16pt]Igbo Kwenu![/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/974992/man-kidnaps-brother-n4m-ransom/1

I appeal on Seun and Mukina to look into this and ban the culprit asap. If you guys refuse to do that, then it will be obvious that Nairaland is a tribal slaughterhouse and you guys are complicit to what it has become and i will proceed with my next line of action. Let this serve as a deterrent to other moderators that may want to join tribal bigots in a show of shame.

Afam bu Afam

4 Likes

Re: Appeal: This MOD Should Be Banned by Nobody: 11:25am On Jun 27, 2012
Same for this MOD

https://www.nairaland.com/931002/cultural-political-attire-different-states#10757239

After being corrected, he still continued on with his tribalistic intent. Seriously, the cultural section needs another Mod who is impartial to its members.

3 Likes

Re: Appeal: This MOD Should Be Banned by Afam4eva(m): 11:27am On Jun 27, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Same for this MOD

https://www.nairaland.com/931002/cultural-political-attire-different-states#10757239

After being corrected, he still continued on with his tribalistic intent. Seriously, the cultural section needs another Mod who is impartial to its members.
Help the mods better by quoting the tribalistic comment he made so that appropriate action will be taken.
Re: Appeal: This MOD Should Be Banned by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 27, 2012
afam4eva:
Help the mods better by quoting the tribalistic comment he made so that appropriate action will be taken.

His intention with the picture was to ridicule the Yorubas. A clothing of Ghanaian Kente during a masquerade is being represented as a Yoruba political attire. He was corrected by a few Yorubas, but tribalism (which he has showed several times before he became a MOD) blind-sighted him. Whilst he post what one assumes as "respectable" attire for HIS culture, he knew what he did with the Yorubas.

As much as I'd like to quote his other incidents, I do not have the energy to to through his posts. While he's under suspension, the suer Mods can analyze him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appeal: This MOD Should Be Banned by Afam4eva(m): 2:27pm On Jun 27, 2012
I'm still waiting patiently...
Re: Appeal: This MOD Should Be Banned by tpia5: 2:31pm On Jun 27, 2012
Na today?

I think some of them said being a mod doesnt mean they cant comment on a topic, or some other such jive.

I'm still waiting to see where sexkills is taking romance section and where michelin is going with her prepared script.

1 Like

Re: Appeal: This MOD Should Be Banned by queensmith: 4:41pm On Jun 27, 2012
ive been banned on the romance section (random I know) erm WHY??
Re: Appeal: This MOD Should Be Banned by Afam4eva(m): 5:34pm On Jun 27, 2012
queensmith: ive been banned on the romance section (random I know) erm WHY??

Are you a MOD?
Re: Appeal: This MOD Should Be Banned by bilaya(m): 7:20pm On Jun 27, 2012
tpia@:
Na today?

I think some of them said being a mod doesnt mean they cant comment on a topic, or some other such jive.

I'm still waiting to see where sexkills is taking romance section and where michelin is going with her prepared script.

Sexkillz is an utter arsehole.He should definitely be banned.I have observed his attitude since he became a moderator.He behaves as if he is God.He bans people for no reason and he once banned a girl cos he asked her for a date and she told him off.He is an arse

7 Likes

Re: Appeal: This MOD Should Be Banned by queensmith: 8:05pm On Jun 27, 2012
afam4eva:
Are you a MOD?

no i was using the opportunity to complain lol..

I was banned from romance and i have absolutely no idea why! lol

utter twats moderate that section i swear, complete phools.

1 Like

Re: Appeal: This MOD Should Be Banned by Afam4eva(m): 10:31am On Jun 28, 2012
I wonder why the MODS are yet to pay attention to this thread.
Re: Appeal: This MOD Should Be Banned by SpiritofOkija(m): 10:42am On Jun 28, 2012
afam4eva: I wonder why the MODS are yet to pay attention to this thread.

Did you really expect this thread to see daylight?!

You are lucky you havent been banned and this thread deleted..

Apart from Mukina who can be unecessarily hardassed some times, most other Mods are douchebags..

I have applied severally to be a mod, and they turned me down.. I knw that apart from Ileke Idi (whom I will ban and if possible imprison), I would be a fair mod.. But I guess since I am Igbo, I stand no chance.

bilaya:

Sexkillz is an utter arsehole.He should definitely be banned.I have observed his attitude since he became a moderator.He behaves as if he is God.He bans people for no reason and he once banned a girl cos he asked her for a date and she told him off.He is an arse

Wow!!

What an Allegation..

shocked

1 Like

Re: Appeal: This MOD Should Be Banned by ifyalways(f): 2:07pm On Jun 28, 2012
Lol.
I didn't check your link @ Afam but what's tribal with the "igbo kwenu" comment?

The mods are forum members too and we don't expect them not to voice their personal opinions on issues just Cos they are mods?let's cut them some slack and stop taking them too serious. I thought its only seun, his wife mukina( tongue ) boriswole and yamakuza that can ban?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal: This MOD Should Be Banned by tpia5: 2:20pm On Jun 28, 2012
Most of them dont like it when they're not on their little pedestals. . . .
Re: Appeal: This MOD Should Be Banned by Afam4eva(m): 2:35pm On Jun 28, 2012
ifyalways: Lol.
I didn't check your link @ Afam but what's tribal with the "igbo kwenu" comment?

The mods are forum members too and we don't expect them not to voice their personal opinions on issues just Cos they are mods?let's cut them some slack and stop taking them too serious. I thought its only seun, his wife mukina( tongue ) boriswole and yamakuza that can ban?
So, you see nothing wrong in a MOD or anybody for that matter associating a crime with an ethnic group.

I'm not against anybody voicing their tribalistic personal opinions because it's encouraged by the nairaland government but what i won't accept is moderators engaging in this show of shame because it prevents them from being objective..
Re: Appeal: This MOD Should Be Banned by Afam4eva(m): 2:36pm On Jun 28, 2012
tpia@:
Most of them dont like it when they're not on their little pedestals. . . .
They can always create another moniker with which they shall use to display their stup1dity.
Re: Appeal: This MOD Should Be Banned by SpiritofOkija(m): 5:02pm On Jun 28, 2012
ifyalways: Lol.

Did you just ask the bolded?!

On a thread that has to do with a domestic kidnap involving an Igbo family?!

So what was he greeting us for?!

Na wah o for you o!!
Re: Appeal: This MOD Should Be Banned by ifyalways(f): 5:59pm On Jun 28, 2012
There was a caveat. . . "I did not check the link/thread in question" !
Now that I have, I pretty much still won't make it a biggie. As a mod, some (I don't) people obviously expected him to know better.
So, was he banned?
Okija against tribalism on nld?surely, you give as much as you get, no?

1 Like

Re: Appeal: This MOD Should Be Banned by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 28, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

I have applied severally to be a mod, and they turned me down.. I knw that apart from Ileke Idi (whom I will ban and if possible imprison), I would be a fair mod.. But I guess since I am Igbo, I stand no chance.

Yea, it's because you're Igbo.
Odumchi, Ogugua, and many other Mods on NL must be of Chinese heritage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal: This MOD Should Be Banned by queensmith: 8:13pm On Jun 28, 2012
seriously how do i get a message to the romance mods, i want to insult them now before i get over it.
Re: Appeal: This MOD Should Be Banned by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jun 28, 2012
queensmith: seriously how do i get a message to the romance mods, i want to insult them now before i get over it.

Go on their profile and send them an email.
Re: Appeal: This MOD Should Be Banned by queensmith: 8:18pm On Jun 28, 2012
i want to insult them publicly.
Re: Appeal: This MOD Should Be Banned by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jun 28, 2012
ahhhhhh. You're O.Y.O o lol.
Best bet is their "Complaint thread".
If it's something petty, just send an email, no need with the public member-Mod fight lol tongue
Re: Appeal: This MOD Should Be Banned by isalegan2: 8:21pm On Jun 28, 2012
bilaya:

There is a major war and power struggle going on over there. I am betting on the regular Romance section posters to win out over SexKillz. He'll learn the hard way - right now, he's still drunk with power. lol. Nothing new under the sun, ma friend.

Spirit of Okija:

Did you really expect this thread to see daylight?!

You are lucky you havent been banned and this thread deleted..

Apart from Mukina who can be unecessarily hardassed some times, most other Mods are douchebags..

Muki ke? She be pussycat o. cheesy

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin You're looking for trouble, old man. lipsrsealed wink

ifyalways:
I thought its only seun, his wife mukina( tongue ) boriswole and yamakuza that can ban?

I believe all mods can ban individual posters from their section now.

For example, the 'mod' Justwise is one of the most deplorable posters on this site. He attacks people needlessly without prior provocation, and breaks the rules by insulting posters, sometimes even casting aspersions on their parentage, but he responds spitefully by banning posters (not me) from his section when they fight back. Now, these are the sort of powers that the Supermod should check.

Ileke-IdI:
Same for this MOD

Odumchi is a good kid. I checked out the linked thread last night, and saw no evidence he meant any harm. Maybe I missed something - I was scanning quickly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appeal: This MOD Should Be Banned by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jun 28, 2012
^^^Let the super Mod decide. He's a bad kid.

1 Like

Re: Appeal: This MOD Should Be Banned by queensmith: 8:23pm On Jun 28, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
ahhhhhh. You're O.Y.O o lol.
Best bet is their "Complaint thread".
If it's something petty, just send an email, no need with the public member-Mod fight lol tongue

its petty but i must insult them nontheless.
Re: Appeal: This MOD Should Be Banned by Afam4eva(m): 3:53pm On Jun 29, 2012
Bump
Re: Appeal: This MOD Should Be Banned by odumchi: 11:23pm On Jul 01, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

His intention with the picture was to ridicule the Yorubas. A clothing of Ghanaian Kente during a masquerade is being represented as a Yoruba political attire. He was corrected by a few Yorubas, but tribalism (which he has showed several times before he became a MOD) blind-sighted him. Whilst he post what one assumes as "respectable" attire for HIS culture, he knew what he did with the Yorubas.

As much as I'd like to quote his other incidents, I do not have the energy to to through his posts. While he's under suspension, the suer Mods can analyze him.

Re: Appeal: This MOD Should Be Banned by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jul 01, 2012
The person who sent you to the link to this thread must have sent it late.
Re: Appeal: This MOD Should Be Banned by odumchi: 11:25pm On Jul 01, 2012
Anyway @Afam,
I believe that being a moderator means signing off certain liberties such as freedom of expression/speech. There are things that I myself would sometimes like to do/say but can't so as to avoid being seeing as biased.

It's all about setting an example for others to follow (at least that's how I see it).

@isale_gan2
Thank you very much.

@Ileke_Idi
I saw this some time ago but didn't feel like replying right away. Anyway goodnight; ka chi fo.
Re: Appeal: This MOD Should Be Banned by SpiritofOkija(m): 9:38am On Jul 02, 2012
ifyalways: There was a caveat. . . "I did not check the link/thread in question" !
Now that I have, I pretty much still won't make it a biggie. As a mod, some (I don't) people obviously expected him to know better.
So, was he banned?
Okija against tribalism on nld?surely, you give as much as you get, no?

Ify,

I have no problems with tribalism on Nairaland.. Infact, I wish a thread would be opened where the mods dont delete or comments...

However, I expect the Mods to be independent and neutral in all matters involving issues of Tribalism..

The moment I become a mod, I will stop be tribalistic.. angry

Ileke-IdI:

Yea, it's because you're Igbo.
Odumchi, Ogugua, and many other Mods on NL must be of Chinese heritage.

You named two and summaried the remaining.. Oya, compare the number of Igbo mods to Yoruba mods. Compare the powers of the Igbo mods to that of the Yorubas..

Dont try to be coy with me o!! I know what I am saying.. Ndi Igbos are marginalized on Nairaland....
Re: Appeal: This MOD Should Be Banned by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 02, 2012
I only posted the two sections I visit.

But name all the NL mods and their ethnicities nau.

I know you must be joking sha. . . . rotflmao.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Secret Code Names For U.s Presidents - An Enigma Somewhere / Mama Gee, U Are Beautiful Just The Way You Are. We Love You / Contact Me For Your Wall Designs(stucco)or Celling Design(pop)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.