Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,235 members, 7,780,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:34 PM

Ebonyi Govt Bans Religious Programmes On EBBC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebonyi Govt Bans Religious Programmes On EBBC (6246 Views)

Nigerian Govt Bans Other Para-military Agencies From Use Of Camouflage Uniforms / Breaking News: Abia State Govt. Bans Peace Corps Of Nigeria / Jigawa State Govt Bans Daily Trust Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebonyi Govt Bans Religious Programmes On EBBC by Afam4eva(m): 11:34am On Jun 27, 2012
By PETER OKUTU

ABAKALIKI—EBONYI State government has banned the broadcast of religious programmes/activities on the state-owned media, Ebonyi Broadcasting Corporation, EBBC.

Members of some religious bodies who spoke with Vanguard claimed that when they went to EBBC to book for airing of their programmes they were told that the state government was no longer interested in the broadcast of religious activities.

A pastor in one of the new generation churches in the state, who spoke on condition of anonymity said, “I went to book for our usual slot on EBBC and was told that the government was complaining about the rate at which religious programmes featured on television and radio stations.

I spoke with one of their heads in the station who pleaded anonymity to know why our programmes was no longer aired, I was told that the state government said the station was not built for religious programmes but for broadcast of government activities which are intended to showcase the achievements of the present administration of Governor Martin Elechi.”

“What most churches have done is to run to Nigeria Television Authority, NTA, to book for slots. We want to appeal to Governor Elechi to rescind his decision. I want to say that the lives of most people in the state are being affected positively by these religious programmes. It has over the years led to reduction in crime, cultism and extra-judicial killing in the state”

But Commissioner for Information and Orientation, Mr. Chike Onwe, said the government did not ban religious programmes on EBBC, but only suspended them on both radio and television for a review and auditing of programmes carried out by the EBBC.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/ebonyi-govt-bans-religious-programmes-on-ebbc/
Re: Ebonyi Govt Bans Religious Programmes On EBBC by swizzle(m): 12:17pm On Jun 27, 2012
Nice move...annoying when one wants to relax in nigeria and u flip thru the local channels and thr is a pastor on all of them undecided

6 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Govt Bans Religious Programmes On EBBC by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 27, 2012
This shoulda been done a long time ago. You don't see them pastor weavers on CNN or BBC, do you? Good move.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Govt Bans Religious Programmes On EBBC by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 27, 2012
Let's see if those slots won't be used to educate the masses on how they can run them voted thieves outta office.
Re: Ebonyi Govt Bans Religious Programmes On EBBC by swizzle(m): 12:23pm On Jun 27, 2012
SimonAndal: Let's see if those slots won't be used to educate the masses on how they can run them voted thieves outta office.

ermmmm...I dnt knw abt that o! Make we dey look them sha grin
Re: Ebonyi Govt Bans Religious Programmes On EBBC by Ficco(m): 12:26pm On Jun 27, 2012
What has the Gov achieved that he wants to air on the media. So his so called achievemet is beta than airing the Words of God to the poor masses of de state. May God have mercy on our visionless leaders. sad sad undecided
Re: Ebonyi Govt Bans Religious Programmes On EBBC by jude33084(m): 12:26pm On Jun 27, 2012
lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Ebonyi Govt Bans Religious Programmes On EBBC by dadde(m): 12:27pm On Jun 27, 2012
This is total nonsense, i am not an advocate of religious racketeering but this same brainless government will not ban nude and erotic artist to air their videos.

This can only be done on a government owned station since they are not profit oriented. but i trust any private station desirous of profit will not cut short the source of its livelihood.
Re: Ebonyi Govt Bans Religious Programmes On EBBC by mrman2(m): 12:30pm On Jun 27, 2012
Watching local stations can be really annoying especially on sundays. Even after coming back from church they are still all up in your face.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Govt Bans Religious Programmes On EBBC by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:30pm On Jun 27, 2012
dadde: This is total nonsense, i am not an advocate of religious racketeering but this same brainless government will not ban nude and erotic artist to air their videos.

This can only be done on a government owned station since they are not profit oriented. but i trust any private station desirous of profit will not cut short the source of its livelihood.

grin grin grin grin which is more profiteering, debases human values to the point of mass-psychosis and does not pay tax
Re: Ebonyi Govt Bans Religious Programmes On EBBC by tintingz(m): 12:34pm On Jun 27, 2012
swizzle: Nice move...annoying when one wants to relax in nigeria and u flip thru the local channels and thr is a pastor on all of them undecided
LOL oh
Re: Ebonyi Govt Bans Religious Programmes On EBBC by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 27, 2012
9ce move by the Government.. Is not that Religious Programs are not good, but Its extremely 2 Much and Annoying...angryangryangryangryangryangry ALOT OF PEOPLE ESTABLISING CHURCHES ALL AROUND... Thats just extremely too much... KILODE?
Re: Ebonyi Govt Bans Religious Programmes On EBBC by ebamma(m): 12:40pm On Jun 27, 2012
now pastors too dey desperate,go tv na dem, radio na dem,posters for road na dem,billboards na them,twitter,facebook and even 2go na dem,nowadays churches dey do adverts pass indomie and coke,

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Govt Bans Religious Programmes On EBBC by kama1210: 12:42pm On Jun 27, 2012
Devil and his Ogboni group led government just trying to prove what they have inside. If they ban Church programs, maybe they want to bring their occultic and secret society programs to the air. Or maybe the preachings and the fire the men of God releases are disturbing them. That man is not born again, he is visionless and has nothing to offer. God forgive him. Ebonyi don de hear am.
Re: Ebonyi Govt Bans Religious Programmes On EBBC by cheddarking(m): 12:48pm On Jun 27, 2012
Very good...This is a good move to separate religion from state...hopefully other states and maybe even the NTA will follow suit...
Re: Ebonyi Govt Bans Religious Programmes On EBBC by slimyem: 12:51pm On Jun 27, 2012
nice move!
...will probably help reducing religious fanatism which is the opium of our society!

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Govt Bans Religious Programmes On EBBC by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jun 27, 2012
Great move
Re: Ebonyi Govt Bans Religious Programmes On EBBC by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jun 27, 2012
†ђξ best news I have heard frm dt State all my Life

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Govt Bans Religious Programmes On EBBC by tintingz(m): 12:59pm On Jun 27, 2012
This ebonyi gov wan spoil business for pastor sha...dem go start protesting now

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Govt Bans Religious Programmes On EBBC by bigheads(m): 1:03pm On Jun 27, 2012
Am sort of confused where we are going in this country, These pastors are advertising these churches as if they were business entities. Jesus did not worry people like this during his ministry and he succeeded. The churches are springing up everywhere. Where are they getting all the money for these adverts, from tithes, which is meant for God (Eathing the fathers portion). There is punishment for this in the bible.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Govt Bans Religious Programmes On EBBC by spyder880(m): 1:07pm On Jun 27, 2012
Nice move.
Re: Ebonyi Govt Bans Religious Programmes On EBBC by achi4u(m): 1:17pm On Jun 27, 2012
They've turned this EBBC radio and TV to another church auditorium where u canot hear any other program except preaching.Am against it,there's time for everything.

There is this one arant pastor called; Pastor O Peters who always like to give us a hell of preaching and speaking in tongue (abracatabra)all d time which many ppl detest.

Let them face the real work of GOD.
Re: Ebonyi Govt Bans Religious Programmes On EBBC by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 27, 2012
nice one.
Re: Ebonyi Govt Bans Religious Programmes On EBBC by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jun 27, 2012
kama1210: Devil and his Ogboni group led government just trying to prove what they have inside. If they ban Church programs, maybe they want to bring their occultic and secret society programs to the air. Or maybe the preachings and the fire the men of God releases are disturbing them. That man is not born again, he is visionless and has nothing to offer. God forgive him. Ebonyi don de hear am.
He never claimed to be a "born again". Is it a crime not to be one? Is it s crime not to be an hypocrite? Not a single true born again lives in Nigeria.
Re: Ebonyi Govt Bans Religious Programmes On EBBC by achi4u(m): 1:21pm On Jun 27, 2012
norseman2: †ђξ best news I have heard frm dt State all my Life
u an't hear anything yet.
oke nchigrin
Re: Ebonyi Govt Bans Religious Programmes On EBBC by Jungleprince1(m): 1:24pm On Jun 27, 2012
D pastor will soon move to another states where de wii have enough goats to dcieve.
I wish fashola will do d same tin
Re: Ebonyi Govt Bans Religious Programmes On EBBC by achi4u(m): 1:25pm On Jun 27, 2012
morufoye:
He never claimed to be a "born again". Is it a crime not to be one? Is it s crime not to be an hypocrite? Not a single true born again lives in Nigeria.
correct guy.
na so dem go de harrass us with load of crap.

Am the only born again living...

cheers ooo!____abeg one more bottle of....
Re: Ebonyi Govt Bans Religious Programmes On EBBC by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jun 27, 2012
morufoye:
hmm, that's your opinion!!
Re: Ebonyi Govt Bans Religious Programmes On EBBC by Dumdum217(m): 1:28pm On Jun 27, 2012
achi4u: They've turned this EBBC radio and TV to another church auditorium where u canot hear any other program except preaching.Am against it,there's time for everything.

There is this one arant pastor called; Pastor O Peters who always like to give us a hell of preaching and speaking in tongue (abracatabra)all d time which many ppl detest.

Let them face the real work of GOD.
agent of d devil
Re: Ebonyi Govt Bans Religious Programmes On EBBC by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jun 27, 2012
kama1210: Devil and his Ogboni group led government just trying to prove what they have inside. If they ban Church programs, maybe they want to bring their occultic and secret society programs to the air. Or maybe the preachings and the fire the men of God releases are disturbing them. That man is not born again, he is visionless and has nothing to offer. God forgive him. Ebonyi don de hear am.

Olodo!
Re: Ebonyi Govt Bans Religious Programmes On EBBC by achi4u(m): 1:36pm On Jun 27, 2012
Dumdum217: agent of d devil
Dumdum yo yo.
am agent of change.
Re: Ebonyi Govt Bans Religious Programmes On EBBC by Preppie: 1:36pm On Jun 27, 2012
Good. Will be better if the station fill up the slots with more edifying programmes. Seems the more the adverts and programmes on christianity and proliferation of churches in Nigeria, the more corruption thrives in our society. Nigerians seem to justify their sins and wrongdoing with religion or calling on God's name.

I am also a Christian but I believe that Christianity should not be merely by words but mainly by deeds and living a life worthy of emulation.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pic: Students Caught Headmaster Having Sex With Female Maths Teacher / Is Gen. Buhari A Fulani? / Field survey of slum Prevalence In Nigerian Cities-photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.