Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

Writer-filmmaker Nora Ephron Dies At 71 - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Writer-filmmaker Nora Ephron Dies At 71 (2461 Views)

Can Veteran Filmmaker (tade Ogidan) Incorporate His Winning Streak Of The 90’s ? / Restless City Is The Latest Sensational Film By A Nigerian Filmmaker In America / Nigerian Filmmaker Wins The Golden Stallion At Fespaco (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Writer-filmmaker Nora Ephron Dies At 71 by mukina2: 1:18pm On Jun 27, 2012

Nora Ephron, the essayist, author and filmmaker who thrived in the male-dominated worlds of movies and journalism, has died. She was 71.

She died of leukaemia Tuesday night at New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center, her family said in a statement.

“She was so, so alive,” said her friend Carrie Fisher. “It makes no sense to me that she isn’t alive anymore.”

Born into a family of screenwriters, Ephron was a top journalist in her 20s and 30s, then a best-selling author and successful director. Loved, respected and feared for her devastating and diverting wit, she was among the most quotable and influential writers of her generation.

She wrote and directed such favourites as “Julie & Julia” and “Sleepless in Seattle,” and her books included the novel “Heartburn,” a roman a clef about her marriage to Washington Post reporter Carl Bernstein; and the popular essay collections “I Feel Bad About My Neck” and “I Remember Nothing.”
http://www.thehindu.com/arts/books/article3576739.ece
Re: Writer-filmmaker Nora Ephron Dies At 71 by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jun 27, 2012
I dnt knw her!
Re: Writer-filmmaker Nora Ephron Dies At 71 by Afam4eva(m): 1:47pm On Jun 27, 2012
I loved "Sleepless in Seattle". It was a nice movie. RIP.
Re: Writer-filmmaker Nora Ephron Dies At 71 by kagel: 1:59pm On Jun 27, 2012
May her soul rest in peace.
but leukaemia is as a result of excess blood heehe!!! while others are searching fro were to get
blood
Re: Writer-filmmaker Nora Ephron Dies At 71 by slimyem: 2:05pm On Jun 27, 2012
never heard of her!
Re: Writer-filmmaker Nora Ephron Dies At 71 by ismhab(m): 2:06pm On Jun 27, 2012
T.B. JOSHUA.
Re: Writer-filmmaker Nora Ephron Dies At 71 by kagel: 2:07pm On Jun 27, 2012
ismhab: T.B. JOSHUA.
T.B.J DID WHAT?
Re: Writer-filmmaker Nora Ephron Dies At 71 by kaiter: 2:13pm On Jun 27, 2012
very nice![img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.php[/img]
Re: Writer-filmmaker Nora Ephron Dies At 71 by ayobase(m): 2:24pm On Jun 27, 2012
kagel:
T.B.J DID WHAT?

Ismhab, a question for u!
Re: Writer-filmmaker Nora Ephron Dies At 71 by LordReed(m): 4:06pm On Jun 27, 2012
RIP Nora I love Sleepless In Seattle.
Re: Writer-filmmaker Nora Ephron Dies At 71 by Orikinla(m): 6:04pm On Jun 27, 2012
May she rest in peace.

Our legacy for the benefit of posterity is the most important thing.

(1) (Reply)

All 36 notable characters in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi,' Let's Rank Them / 2020 Top 10 Movies With Download Links From Skipogist.com / Dstv's Box Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.