Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,274 members, 7,807,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

I'm A Guru In Visual Basic - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I'm A Guru In Visual Basic (2158 Views)

Can I Be A Guru In Go Progamming Without Knowledge In C++ Or Python / What Topics To Cover In Java To Be A Guru? / Becoming A Guru In Programming! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm A Guru In Visual Basic by Kpac(m): 2:40pm On Nov 29, 2007
I could send u my projects & bet if u wount call me within 3 minutes of receiving it.
Try me.
Re: I'm A Guru In Visual Basic by ojoagefu(f): 12:42pm On Nov 30, 2007
please kpac i will be greatful if you assist me cos i need tutorials on v b.thanks
Re: I'm A Guru In Visual Basic by Kpac(m): 12:54pm On Nov 30, 2007
Do u have any flair for it ?
Re: I'm A Guru In Visual Basic by Aydeggy: 8:10pm On Nov 30, 2007
You talk of Visual Basics as if it's rocket science mean while Chaps are out there appreciating VB.NET, Which one you no dey,
Re: I'm A Guru In Visual Basic by Nobody: 8:53pm On Nov 30, 2007
Kpac:

I could send u my projects & bet if u wount call me within 3 minutes of receiving it.
Try me.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: I'm A Guru In Visual Basic by yinchar(m): 5:29pm On Dec 04, 2007
pls can ututorme on vb 6 or send me an ebook on it thanks
Re: I'm A Guru In Visual Basic by FRANKS58: 3:33pm On Dec 15, 2007
Hi kpac,

Pls send me your project, if good, we discuss.
my email. franksmss@yahoo.com

Plus any other person that have useful programs.

Thanks
Franks
Re: I'm A Guru In Visual Basic by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 15, 2007
hi ma akay & i want to learn v.b. Please, can you help me with some e-books & tutors.
Here is ma e-mail:
abdulbasitkay@gmail.com
Re: I'm A Guru In Visual Basic by Kpac(m): 4:33pm On Dec 17, 2007
Franks

I sent you a mail but Yahoo returned it stating that you dont have a Yahoo ID.

Send a valid Mail ID to me to get mails from me

Kpac
Re: I'm A Guru In Visual Basic by themac(f): 3:15pm On Dec 19, 2007
man,we'd need u at the new forum- www.taha.forummotion.com it's new but we'd really need u.
Re: I'm A Guru In Visual Basic by Babinski: 10:53am On Jan 19, 2008
Kpac, did you start this thread to advertise yourself for jobs or to massage your ego? If you want to advertise yourself, a better way is to get a site (even if it is a free one) and post your projects and maybe articles on it, then refer people to the site! So simple. When you start VB, you have option for 12 types of projects from Standard EXE to IIS Applications. How many types of projects have you had experience with? My guess would be only Standard EXE from experience with most naija "VB gurus". Right? And you even find out that some so called gurus don't know how to access a database except they use a dbgrid, find their projects of 1000s of lines of code consisting solely of forms without a single class or standard module, don't know jack about coding conventions or proper error handling, download and integrate code from the internet that they cannot explain out and some don't even know how to successfully package a project for independent deployment! shocked Sometimes it is just like a big joke; blindmen holding the elephants tail and not even grabbing that properly and declaring themselves authorities on elephants grin . Do you know what a guru means? Please let someone check a dictionary on it. Now, don't think I'm trying to make you feel bad, but just to let you cut yourself to a size that does not impair your learning,
And I'm not just some newbie trying to pull down a "master". You're not there until you've been there and don't that. I've been a VB Topic expert on ExpertsExchange (experts-exchange.com) since 2002, been making posts since 2001 and have experience with practically all types of VB projects. And I'm not just stuck to VB; I wrote a mini-DNS Server with VC++6 a couple of years ago to run as a service when VB couldn't handle it and the project is in commercial use.
My advice: Continue learning and don't let your ego in the way so that when you get a chance to attend a programmers convention outside the country, you wouldn't be hiding with your tail between your legs after a few minutes of interaction. grin
Re: I'm A Guru In Visual Basic by guvnor1: 6:19am On Mar 03, 2008
please sed am to my email add pyratedcoping@yahoo.co.uk
Re: I'm A Guru In Visual Basic by alex406(m): 11:23am On Mar 08, 2008
Guy,i am so much excited that we have people like you who are ready to deploy their talents to others who are ready to accept it.Please if you can assist me with any tutorials about this thanggg called V.B. I need to know it.I i will be expecting to read from you soon.Here is my email address:chi_lexy@yahoo.com
Re: I'm A Guru In Visual Basic by yaro248(m): 11:05am On Mar 13, 2008
@ kpac
Plaese give us a break, We are not here for show off, rather to share knowledge. lipsrsealed
Re: I'm A Guru In Visual Basic by dag(m): 10:08pm On Mar 15, 2008
Begining programing comes with some unexplainable level of excitment and thrill. As a young programmer i am always curious in showing off to my friends how i could build my own brick game on my IBM PS/II system, and ever since then rolling out new stuff always had a burst in my emotions, and then there was COM, Java, OOP and .Net. I naturally started as a C, C++ programmer but lost it when i realzed vb 6.0 could make cool GUI that ii used to create various engineering models and calculation solutions as a mechanical engineering sophomore. From the cafe where i hang with a bunch of IT techies around my neighbourhood, to standing in front of some of the most high ranking Government and Buisness proffessionals demonstrating different applications from various module of ERP to custom solution, ive come to realize after all these years, that software is a meteoring field of play, and nobody i mean nobody can be a guru. You think your a guru, i thought i was, check this out. In all my years of COM, ATL, CLR, XML, SQL and OOP, i was thrilled when i saw a demo from a 18 year old kid - using windows presentation foundation, SIlver light, expression web and the VS 2005. He knew nothing about COM but understood a little OOP basics like inheritance.

You see technology never waits and so a guru today might mean a oldie next week, i used to walk and smile at my self when ever i remeber my mastery of COM back then, today i engage project with even more excitment because i dont have to bother about dll hell, and so i build components and update them as often as i would without worrying for any conflict like in my COM days. I used to write extensive scripts against sql injection for application security, but with robust RDBMS like sql 2000 and sql 2005 and distributed computing i could encapsulate my data access and buisness rules in to various forms of object ensuring a high level app security and data integrity. you see u keep learning, and u only become a programmer when you've satisfied a technical client with a fully commissioned product that has successfully run for at least 6 months.

i work for a company called Southbridge enterprise system and i happen to be the solutions architect for the firm, over the years we,ve been involved with the Government and private sector, i love to share my experience with those who really want to learn the art of s/d, no codes to share but ample walk through that wld help build your passion for a carrier in s/d maybe for the students i can offer internship from time to time with good pay and a lot of experience in the offer.

just take it easy with the guru stuff, software knowledge humbles the expert.
Re: I'm A Guru In Visual Basic by jimblaze(m): 2:32pm On Mar 16, 2008
Hello dag, i finished a course in Oracle recently and just passed my first professional exam. grin i want ti try my hands on programming preferably java, can u point me in the right direction?give me some ebooks? i have been reading programming fundamentals from a site of the net,pls i would be grateful if u can help me my email is jimblaze77@gmail.com
Re: I'm A Guru In Visual Basic by Kpac(m): 12:24pm On Mar 17, 2008
Visual Basic is Good and very interesting.

It onle needs attention and special interest

Right now i have programmed so well and wide in VB 6 and .NET and the sky is my limits

Cos

I'll soon be a New Guru in C#.

Just a matter of weeks

If you want to rule your world and make Huge Clients respect you while you're still young and brilliant

Then welcome to the NEW LIFE

Kpac
Re: I'm A Guru In Visual Basic by spetem(m): 2:05pm On Mar 18, 2008
kpac let me meet u i have probs with my Basic Programmes
Re: I'm A Guru In Visual Basic by Akinkunmi1: 8:39pm On Mar 21, 2008
How far i dey interested, how do i get in touch with u. I need tutorials on VB urgently.
Need reply as soon as possible.
Re: I'm A Guru In Visual Basic by smartsoft(m): 9:15am On Mar 22, 2008
Let me ask you one quest@ poster, Are gurus[b] Born[/b] or Made ? if you can answer that quest then i will give qualify you as something !
Re: I'm A Guru In Visual Basic by Nobody: 8:56pm On Mar 31, 2008
pls i ned ur help in V.B also,am not that good in it and it is giving me tough time at school.pls giv me ur mail addy mine is dammiac@yahoo.com
Re: I'm A Guru In Visual Basic by Cactus(m): 1:19am On Apr 01, 2008
I can be a guru of any programming language over night, well that is if i know how to dream very well.

C++ has remained relatively constant compared to VB.NET which changes based on releases of new frameworks.

One needs to be extremely careful when asserting that they are gurus in a programming language such as VB/VB.NET

Coding style from 2003 version to 2005 version are different and it is quite likely that the newer versions may be different as well. All i can say is that it is better to present yourself has being knowledgeable enough to perform the most common functions/implementation.

Coming out to say you are a guru and you are the best is drawing attention to criticism and if you are not ready to deal with them it is easier to avoid such statement.

If however, it is possible you are a guru, it is better to respond to questions/help requests on forums and providing exhaustive answers to fully cover the area of concern for the person needing the assistance. It is more likely people may ignore you if you make bold statements.

And one thing to always remember, there will always be someone who is better than you regardless of knowledge, experience, and expertise. That is a fact.

Be careful of the water you tread.

In my opinion, learning the programming language is not what you should be concerned about. Your main priority is learning LOGIC. You can learn as many languages as you want and your program flow may not be as efficient as it could be. Always remember logic first, programming second. logic logic logic.

If you are extremely passionate about your vb/vb.net skills, I think you should join
http://www.geekinterview.com or something like expertsexchange.com if possible i do not know their requirements for joining as someone mentioned previously in this post.

Take it easy, it is a big world full of code crunchers and code munchers
Re: I'm A Guru In Visual Basic by Kpac(m): 3:22pm On Apr 01, 2008
Hello,
My Mail Address is Kpac999@yahoo.com
Re: I'm A Guru In Visual Basic by ELIJAHLOVE: 3:26pm On Apr 02, 2008
please kidly assist me with neccessary books i will need to build myself in VB 6,.net and the rest.
thanks man God blessyou
and i wont mind snippets too
e-mail:- kamiluelijah@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Dynamic Programming Puzzle / One Forum Script I Am Renovating / Do You Have An App On Google Play Store?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.