Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies (4368 Views)

Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies? / Five Ways To Tell If A Girl Has Grown To Being A Lady. / How Many Single Guys Can Really Claim To Hv One Girlfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by deshclones(m): 2:42pm On Jun 27, 2012
Am really troubled...had a meeting with some of our auditors from pwc...was really amazed to see beautiful well educated working class girls without husbands....anybody that has been to pwc or kpmg offices will attest to this fact.

Don't get me wrong...marriage is not a measure of success for ladies..but am just worried that these pretty damsels are not yet taken....i see alot of pretty girls in the filling stations,banks,malls,airport,my office,churches etc..ladies that virtually have everything going for them except a man...these are ladies in their late twenties and early thirties..ladies that have virtually everything a man wants...beauty,good job/business,degree,exposure..etc..infact go to different churches on sunday and you will be amazed at the array of pretty single ladies of marriageable ages there...

let nobody gimme the ""some ladies do not want to get married crap"" cause its a blatant lie...i don't think there is any healthy lady that would not love to wake up everyday with a man by her side...or do not want to have kids.

Are men now scarce in nigeria?? what could be the problem?? i used to have this belief that every man wants to marry a pretty independent lady...why then are single ladies so rampant in nigeria??
Back then you are sure of being invited to a wedding every saturday..nowadays...weddings are rare..i have only been invited to 4 weddings this year,..

would like to know the reason of this anomaly...why are single ladies so rampant these days??/
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by Tsmooth1(m): 2:49pm On Jun 27, 2012
This is the most sensible thread in nairaland history. As for me oh, u knw most of those "sucessfull" are hard to tame, they dont respect their husband, and they want to marry guy of their class or above their class.
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by deshclones(m): 3:12pm On Jun 27, 2012
T-smooth:
This is the most sensible thread in nairaland history. As for me oh, u knw most of those "sucessfull" are hard to tame, they dont respect their husband, and they want to marry guy of their class or above their class.

i don't think so bro......a woman in love does not really care about a man's financial history before saying i do...all a marriage or relationship needs to flourish is understanding,love and belief that tomorrow will be better than today...oyibo calls it HOPE.
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by chikaliki: 3:22pm On Jun 27, 2012
It is not the ladies fault, the fault is from our society. A society where full blown able bodied,intelligent,enterprising and hard working men are unemployed. There are standards a man need to meet before he will approach a lady of the class you just described.

A man needs to be gainfully employed before he can think of raising a family and I believe because of men egoistic nature they won't want to accept help from any lady because they want to maintain their prestige and ego.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by claremont(m): 3:27pm On Jun 27, 2012
deshclones:
let nobody gimme the ""some ladies do not want to get married crap"" cause its a blatant lie[size=13pt][/size]...i don't think there is any healthy lady that would not love to wake up everyday with a man by her side...or do not want to have kids.

This is were you are wrong! It may sound strange to you, but there are some ladies who actually choose not to get married for various reasons. They actually choose not to have kids. Their choices shouldn't bother anyone.
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by Naijaklef: 3:41pm On Jun 27, 2012
D problem can b likened to COMMONWEALTH countries. They all have common problem.... CORRUPTION.
For the unmarried ladies they have common problems too.... They all have BIG EYES.

How do I mean? Here is it.....

They all want to be a CAREER WOMAN and at the same time, b a caring responsible MARRIED WOMAN.
They want to eat their cake and have it. Don't get it wrong....I'm not against women working. However,
How many MEN would be comfortable with d fact dat your wife is not always around due to pressure from d career she chose

How many

They need to adjust... All these unmarried ladies need to prioritize all that is important to dem.
Is it career first or marriage?Can I sacrifice my career for marriage? OR can I sacrifice my marriage for career?
They nid to b sincere with themselves.

There are lot of guys out there, dat r willing to marry but d question is .... to who
....a woman dat is so attached to her career?

It won't happen! grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by stillme(m): 4:16pm On Jun 27, 2012
U need to check prisons. Those who should be their men are there.
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by slimyem: 4:43pm On Jun 27, 2012
....because majority of the men around are plain boring ,whiny sissies...
Simple!

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by Isaleeko2: 5:03pm On Jun 27, 2012
slimyem: ....because majority of the men around are plain boring ,whiny sissies...
Simple!

@OP ^^^^

You got your answer up there.

You are wondering why they are still single only because of one reason. One reason only and that is because you are not close to many of them. I am close to very many of them and I must tell you they are not manageable i.e. they are not marriageable. Many (not all) of them have horrible and stinking attitudes. Believe me, the really fine girls, with good home training, get married before they are 25. The good ones are taken and all you have left is the chaff.

Anecdotal evidence abound that ladies who get married before they are 25 are less likely to divorce than those who marry after they are 29.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by duality(m): 5:10pm On Jun 27, 2012
because it written in isaiah 4;1
And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by your name, to take away our reproach.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by koozy(m): 5:31pm On Jun 27, 2012
They eat p'ussy.

They are too picky and are obsessed with finding "Mr Right"

They don't believe in marriage and are all about their careers
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by fankasibe: 5:46pm On Jun 27, 2012
chikaliki: It is not the ladies fault, the fault is from our society. A society where full blown able bodied,intelligent,enterprising and hard working men are unemployed. There are standards a man need to meet before he will approach a lady of the class you just described.

A man needs to be gainfully employed before he can think of raising a family and I believe because of men egoistic nature they won't want to accept help from any lady because they want to maintain their prestige and ego.
you get sense...man need ego and self esteem
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by Naijaklef: 5:53pm On Jun 27, 2012
slimyem: ....because majority of the men around are plain boring ,whiny sissies...
Simple!

Boring!
Mummy, don't be fooled with what u see on d media, especially on DSTV channels like E! , TLC and so on.
U need to check out CRIME, NAGEO, ZONEREALITY for d part two of d story of an average white man we emulate everyday grin

Media has brainwashed of all us. They created stupid and unrealistic dreams and fantasies!

BE GUIDED!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by DonTonero: 6:09pm On Jun 27, 2012
i cherish the comments of most people here,well all have been said and believe me @ the poster marriage is not about the looks and the carreer.let me give an example i have a lady i have dated for long offered her a job and change her location,she was amazed by how i get all this links i oneday engaged her in a conversation where i told her how much i earn,funny enough she earns more than i do and thats where our problem started...she left me for another guy in her office forgeting i offered her the job.....when she started having problems there she remberd me but it was too late cos she forgot i do many things that generates more money to me cos every job is not all about money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by Rocktation(f): 7:52pm On Jun 27, 2012
A lot of men are scared shitless of successful women really. And so, I blame them instead. Financial success doesn't make a man, so they're the ones that need to work on their self esteem and be confident a little bit more. Cos a man who is confident enough in his own skin, will support a woman's growth. For truly successful women only exude quiet confidence, and would have no need to wear the trousers in their relationships.

Yes, very successful women contrast low self esteemed women, who usually latch themselves to just any available option on ground. They have high expectations (some of which aren't wholly realistic) and they wouldn't readily accept less than what they know/think they deserve. So it would seem as if they're single by choice.

But I bet you, they're all stuck up with themselves as their own dragons, and await rescue by the one that can actually prove his worth....as is the due duty of men from the beginning of time.

So rewind---Why are single women rampant?
They are because low self esteemed men are. Shikena.
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by Idowuogbo(f): 7:53pm On Jun 27, 2012
Naijaklef:

Boring!
Mummy, don't be fooled with what u see on d media, especially on DSTV channels like E! , TLC and so on.
U need to check out CRIME, NAGEO, ZONEREALITY for d part two of d story of an average white man we emulate everyday grin

Media has brainwashed of all us. They created stupid and unrealistic dreams and fantasies!

BE GUIDED!
Ur point is? undecided
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by slimyem: 7:59pm On Jun 27, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Ur point is? undecided
me sef dey wonder.....
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by Idowuogbo(f): 8:01pm On Jun 27, 2012
slimyem: me sef dey wonder.....
Oti lo fa ewedu hence d rubbish he was spewing. grin
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by swiftycool(m): 8:41pm On Jun 27, 2012
This is the true reason jare, bone all these talks, many marriages end up 4 men as is shown in figgure below. grin so guys wud rather stay single and chop free pomo without buying cow! Hence ladies remain single grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by deshclones(m): 8:53pm On Jun 27, 2012
@rocknation...I don't think I have ever seen a man that is afraid of a woman's success...never..so I do not buy ur opinion...methinks those chics are picky..pray tell..all ma life..am yet to see an educated man die poor..never..things will def get better wit tym but some girls are too dimwitted to see the future..all they knw is the present..may God shield me from those girls.
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by pufectskin: 8:54pm On Jun 27, 2012
It is a worldwide phenomenon. Family and sociocultural dynamics r changing everywhere. I read in huffington post and newyork times sometime last year dat women are starting to earn a lot higher and get more education than men in the US; even where I attended college, there noticeably more girls in many of my classes than guys. And girls tended to even make higher pay and got jobs faster. What's more, both articles mentioned dat a lot of these successful and highly educated women were single and very preTty. I dunno y. More recently, I read on a south african blog (by popular Khaya Dlanga) dat there r lots of very very hot beautiful and highly successful women in south africa (both black and white) who r surprisingly single.
In my "arrogant opinion", I think it boils down to choice - money gives power and when u have power, u have d ability to make more choices. A girl who is not sooo pretty or not earning dat much money, I am afraid, has less choices; she would take any man dat comes to her. More money means I can choose my own lifestyle and possibly live on my own terms.
deshclones: Am really troubled...had a meeting with some of our auditors from pwc...was really amazed to see beautiful well educated working class girls without husbands....anybody that has been to pwc or kpmg offices will attest to this fact.

Don't get me wrong...marriage is not a measure of success for ladies..but am just worried that these pretty damsels are not yet taken....i see alot of pretty girls in the filling stations,banks,malls,airport,my office,churches etc..ladies that virtually have everything going for them except a man...these are ladies in their late twenties and early thirties..ladies that have virtually everything a man wants...beauty,good job/business,degree,exposure..etc..infact go to different churches on sunday and you will be amazed at the array of pretty single ladies of marriageable ages there...

let nobody gimme the ""some ladies do not want to get married crap"" cause its a blatant lie...i don't think there is any healthy lady that would not love to wake up everyday with a man by her side...or do not want to have kids.

Are men now scarce in nigeria?? what could be the problem?? i used to have this belief that every man wants to marry a pretty independent lady...why then are single ladies so rampant in nigeria??
Back then you are sure of being invited to a wedding every saturday..nowadays...weddings are rare..i have only been invited to 4 weddings this year,..

would like to know the reason of this anomaly...why are single ladies so rampant these days??/
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by born2boink(m): 9:00pm On Jun 27, 2012
I do not need to read others post but idowuogbo,rokiatu,odunnu,slimyerm,dyt,omolola,hbabe,goldieluex should all wake up now and hoti-tima is not left out
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by deshclones(m): 9:06pm On Jun 27, 2012
born2fuck: I do not need to read others post but idowuogbo,rokiatu,odunnu,slimyerm,dyt,omolola,hbabe,goldieluex should all wake up now and hoti-tima is not left out

B2f...I tot rokiatu is married
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by born2boink(m): 9:18pm On Jun 27, 2012
deshclones:

B2f...I tot rokiatu is married
where you get that rumour for? About to marry is different from married
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 27, 2012
duality: because it written in isaiah 4;1
And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by your name, to take away our reproach.
wise words from above.
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by acidtalk: 9:44pm On Jun 27, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Ur point is? undecided

He just acquired a DSTV and he is amazed at the channels he now gets unlike NTA, STV,AIT and the rest.
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by pedestal82(m): 9:46pm On Jun 27, 2012
born2fuck: I do not need to read others post but idowuogbo,rokiatu,odunnu,slimyerm,dyt,omolola,hbabe,goldieluex should all wake up now and hoti-tima is not left out

Ye very true bro, @ ladies mentioned above, u all will come out blazing n denying the fact
But deep down, or somwhere in ur hearts u will agree that B2F, has adviced u.
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by donlet(m): 11:36pm On Jun 27, 2012
most of those girls are concentrating more on their careers than starting a family. But most guys too will prefer to go for the younger ones because those successful girls tend to be hard to control.
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by Isaleeko2: 11:39pm On Jun 27, 2012
Rocktation: A lot of men are scared shitless of successful women really. And so, I blame them instead. Financial success doesn't make a man, so they're the ones that need to work on their self esteem and be confident a little bit more. Cos a man who is confident enough in his own skin, will support a woman's growth. For truly successful women only exude quiet confidence, and would have no need to wear the trousers in their relationships.

Yes, very successful women contrast low self esteemed women, who usually latch themselves to just any available option on ground. They have high expectations (some of which aren't wholly realistic) and they wouldn't readily accept less than what they know/think they deserve. So it would seem as if they're single by choice.

But I bet you, they're all stuck up with themselves as their own dragons, and await rescue by the one that can actually prove his worth....as is the due duty of men from the beginning of time.

So rewind---Why are single women rampant?
They are because low self esteemed men are. Shikena.

I totally disagree. So where do you want to place the women that have really made it big and are married? They have a common denominator. They married young, they are brilliant and they are humble. Examples include Oby Ezekwesili, Dora Akunyili, Ngozi Okonko-Iweala just to mention a few. If you get close to them or merely look at them closely, you will see humility and homeliness. Oby Ezekwesili once said that once she gets back from work, she drops the toga of Govt official at the door and cook for her husband; she even goes to the market herself!

I shake my head at this your low self esteemed men. I don't know if you believe the Bible but a common quote from there: Husband, love your wife. Wife, submit to your husband. Many of these old single ladies are not ready to submit to anybody. A typical example is Miss Arunma Oteh... when she talks you see how she oozes pride all over, and probably explains why she is single.

So rewind---why are single women rampant?
Because they have forgotten their God given duty of submission and those that remember it are all married.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by Rocktation(f): 12:06am On Jun 28, 2012
Isale_eko:
So where do you want to place the women that have really made it big and are married? They have a common denominator. They married young, they are brilliant and they are humble.

Rocktation: For truly successful women only exude quiet confidence, and would have no need to wear the trousers in their relationships.

I guess you skipped that part.
Plus, don't be too quick to shake your head because the bible does give perimeters to submission, you know. But then, isn't that a different topic entirely? Or aren't you talking about people that are married already? All I'm saying is men esteem themselves poorly when it comes to wooing women whose bank balances are way off the mark (like they imagine them to be), you must agree with me. And isn't it wonderful that we won't be the only ones that think thesame on this thread?
fankasibe:
you get sense...man need self esteem
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by Dimples316(f): 12:32am On Jun 28, 2012
deshclones:

let nobody gimme the ""[b]some ladies do not want to get married crap"" [/b]cause its a blatant lie...i don't think there is any healthy lady that would not love to wake up everyday with a man by her side...or do not want to have kids.
/

As a matter of fact I am one of those women who is not enamored or thrilled with the idea of marriage so sweetheart I am going to give you that crap as you call it gringrin. First of all I don't understand why folks are so quick to assume every woman wants marriage and children? Not all of us are maternally inclined but that's not my issue.

I honestly don't feel a desire for marriage and believe me am not lying about this. Besides I feel content & happy with myself and with being single. I've had people tell me my tune will change when am 35, maybe it will maybe it won't. I really can't say but all I know is that right now I am not feeling this whole marriage thing and I am in my late 20's.

The other angle to it is the many cases of miserable marriages which exist in my world (note the keyword here, being marriages in my world) i.e marriages of friends and siblings. Let's not even go too far you can check the family section of NL to get a feel of what am talking about.

When I hear the stories of married people whom I know, there's hardly anything in it to motivate or inspire me towards marriage. Am not using such marriages as a yardstick to measure anything or to justify my lack of desire for it but goodness shocked shocked shocked their stories do leave me with a phobia about marriage.

I don't think I am one of those women who will thrive or glow with marriage because of my personality. I am a private person as well as introverted and reserved, I enjoy my own company and I enjoy being by myself. I love my space and I don't do breakfast (actually a gallon of water before & after my work out is all I have for breakfast).

Now I don't know how anyone can cope with that, especially a husband and children who need attention. Granted I can make a few adjustments to accommodate a spouse but that's the issue: I don't think I want to alter my lifestyle, selfish right? I know but pls spare me.

Some folks will find my post hard to believe and will tell me I am under the influence of western culture, Oprah Winfrey and the likes of her (to start with I don't even like Oprah and I don't do trash reality tv so nobody should go there tonguetongue). This is just the truth about my thoughts and feelings on marriage.

You know what smiley as a believer I actually pray about all of this, because my bible teaches me to have the courage to share all I do and think with God, as honesty will strengthen my relationship with Him.

So I speak with Yeshua (Jesus Christ) every now then and I tell Him Lord I don't desire marriage, am not feeling it, its not doing me show me what to do with my life for the rest of my days here on earth, but if it is Your will for me then let Your will and not mine be done.

Meanwhile am thinking if it is His will, then He has a lot of work to do with bending my will to conform to His, transforming & changing me into the woman He wants me to be when it comes to marriage. Because like I said this thing is not doing me oooh.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Grown Ladies by Rocktation(f): 12:59am On Jun 28, 2012
^^You know, this is like what I also talked about. A few women, successful or not, might not have marriage in their books at all. And then, someone would go expecting submission from a distance because the bible says so (or not). Every respectable woman has got walls, believe me. The hardness just varies across us.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Runs Girl No Be Ashawo??? Read To Find Out! / how to stop him from cheating (pic) / [pics] The Youngest Yahoo Boy You've Ever Seen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.