Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,933 members, 7,799,155 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

Are There Any Side Effects, If You Take Much Calcium Tablets For A Long Time? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Are There Any Side Effects, If You Take Much Calcium Tablets For A Long Time? (1953 Views)

Are There Any Side Effects Of Using Methylated Spirit To Aid Beard Growth?? / The Menace And Side Effects Of Dexamethasone Tablets. Mawu Mawu / Low Calcium: Which Foods Are Rich In Calcium? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Any Side Effects, If You Take Much Calcium Tablets For A Long Time? by akko: 8:29pm On Jun 27, 2012
I have been having lowerbackpain for abt one year nd i hve been talking calcium tablets for everday i want knw if there is any side effect 4rm talking this tablets.
Re: Are There Any Side Effects, If You Take Much Calcium Tablets For A Long Time? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jun 27, 2012
When you say 'much', what quantity are you talking about exactly? Unless your doctor says otherwise, it is not advisable to take more than 1,200mg of Calcium supplement a day as it can damage your kidneys and impair absorption of other nutrients like zinc and magnesium.
As for side effects of long term use, researchers found that it increased the risk of heart attacks in women of advanced age. I dont know about men.
Re: Are There Any Side Effects, If You Take Much Calcium Tablets For A Long Time? by akko: 2:59pm On Jun 29, 2012
thankyou so much on your reply,,by muchh I have bee taking the calcium tablets for six months now and I used to take the calcium tablets due to a GREEN WORLD BODY CHECKING MACHINE when i was diagonised 4 athrithis,and it said I had low calcium in my body and i take 2tablets a day 4 six months now, so am grateful but should i stop what of thhe medication
Re: Are There Any Side Effects, If You Take Much Calcium Tablets For A Long Time? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 04, 2012
I am so sorry I did not see your reply on time.
The thing about calcium supplements is that they are of different types and some are more easily absorbed than others. Ca supplements also tend to get deposited in the body over time so sometimes it's best to decrease your intake as time goes on.
Please, please, please, if you can talk to a doctor about how you should take the drugs, do so. He/she will determine best what type of Ca supplement it is and how you should take it.

(1) (Reply)

Health Benefits Of Quail Eggs For Young And Old(08034173611) / Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Body Odour / Appeton -weight Gain Powder For Adults

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.