Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness (15273 Views)

An Example Of How Science Trails Far Behind The Bible / Charles Finney: An Example Of A Prayer Man / A Fine Example Of Religious Tolerance - *SARCASM* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 10:32am On Jun 28, 2012
Many people always tell me about the story of Job to strengthen my faith but I think it is a wrong story for faith.

Story of Job
-Job is a wealthy man with a family
-Satan sees this and wants God to test his faith
-God allows Satan to destroy Jobs family
-Job is also given disease
-Job remains faithful despite suffering
-The devil is angry and God is pleased.

Any non-christian that is not blinded by faith can see the obvious problems in this story

1) Satan tempts God. God agrees. This is contrary to what Jesus told Satan in the wilderness. Contradiction

2) God/Satan murders a man's family (children) just to test his faith. For all the christians who agree with this, may the same thing happen to you. "do unto others...". How can this be? Taking innocent lives just because you want to test someone's faith. How would you like it if your children were just killed because someone wants to test your faith?

3) God replaces Job's wealth and family at the end. This is what is wrong with the bible. It sees women and children as properties you can replace. Can someone replace your mother? Can someone else take the place of your children? God allows Satan to murder Job's children and later "blesses" him with other children. Can someone shout allelujah? God is here with replacement children.

4) Biological warfare. Job's case is one of the many cases the Almighty uses disease to inflict suffering on others. When a militant religious group uses disease to kill others, do not be surprised....oh wait

9 Likes

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by buzugee(m): 10:44am On Jun 28, 2012
Satan why art thou persecuting me ? cry

2 Likes

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 28, 2012
Job 1:6-7
" Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them. 1:7 And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it. "

Funny isn't it?
Was the Lord here GOD or JESUS?
And Satan joined the party?

At some point, one just has to wonder if CHRISTIANS would believe these stories if they weren't in the Bible..
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by buzugee(m): 10:46am On Jun 28, 2012
musKeeto whence comest thou ?
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 10:50am On Jun 28, 2012
buzugee: Satan why art thou persecuting me ? cry

You shouldnt fear Satan, you should fear God, he is 10x more evil and killed many people.

2 Likes

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 10:50am On Jun 28, 2012
musKeeto: Job 1:6-7
" Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them. 1:7 And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it. "

Funny isn't it?
Was the Lord here GOD or JESUS?
And Satan joined the party?

At some point, one just has to wonder if CHRISTIANS would believe these stories if they weren't in the Bible..

I wonder why people still believe this BS!
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by buzugee(m): 10:51am On Jun 28, 2012
logicboy01:

You shouldnt fear Satan, you should fear God, he is 10x more evil and killed many people.
Satan how art thou things searched out ?
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 10:56am On Jun 28, 2012
buzugee: Satan how art thou things searched out ?

lol...stop derailing. Begone derailing devil in the name of Jebus!
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by buzugee(m): 11:02am On Jun 28, 2012
logicboy01:

lol...stop derailing. Begone derailing devil in the name of Jebus!
Thou comest froth iniquity and hence i shall refine thee like gold is refined and try you like silver is tried. i will leave thee in the midst thereof in 10000000 degrees heat and melt you in the midst thereof. and ye shall know that the lord of armies has an indignation with ye
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 11:03am On Jun 28, 2012
buzugee: Thou comest froth iniquity and as such i will refine thee like gold is refined and try you like silver is tried. i will leave thee in the midst thereof in 10000000 degrees heat and melt you in the midst thereof. and ye shall know that the lord of armies has an indignation with ye

Please focus on the topic

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by buzugee(m): 11:06am On Jun 28, 2012
logicboy01:

Please focus on the topic
Ye are off your father the devil and the will of thee father will thee doest

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 11:08am On Jun 28, 2012
buzugee: Ye are off your father the devil and the will of thee father will thee doest

angry
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by buzugee(m): 11:10am On Jun 28, 2012
musKeeto whence comest thou ? From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it and biting thee inhabitants and transfering thee plasmodium ?

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by buzugee(m): 11:36am On Jun 28, 2012
oN A MORE SERIOUS NOTE THOUGH. The story of job is a narrative allegorical story. notwithstanding it takes a brilliant mind to break down the story of job. scripture says the lord is not mocked and whatever a man sows shall he reap. ( GALATIANS 6 VS 7 ). so when you break down the story you come to find out job is not as righteous as portrayed. here are two excerpts for your perusal

JOB 4 VS 7 - REMEMBER I PRAY THEE, WHOEVER PERISHED BEING INNOCENT ? OR WHERE WERE THE RIGHTEOUS CUT OFF ? so with that verse you can see only the unrighteous go through what job went through. proving job wasnt as righteous. this verse is in the same book of job now

job 42 vs 5 and 6 My ears had heard of you
but now my eyes have seen you.
6 Therefore I despise myself
and repent in dust and ashes.”

job repenting for whatever sin it was he was indulged in prior to the calamities that befell him

2 Likes

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 28, 2012
buzugee: musKeeto whence comest thou ? From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it and biting thee inhabitants and transfering thee plasmodium ?
Lmao... not sure you want to know wink
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by ijawkid(m): 1:06pm On Jun 28, 2012
logicboy01: Many people always tell me about the story of Job to strengthen my faith but I think it is a wrong story for faith.

Story of Job
-Job is a wealthy man with a family
-Satan sees this and wants God to test his faith
-God allows Satan to destroy Jobs family
-Job is also given disease
-Job remains faithful despite suffering
-The devil is angry and God is pleased.

Any non-christian that is not blinded by faith can see the obvious problems in this story

1) Satan tempts God. God agrees. This is contrary to what Jesus told Satan in the wilderness. Contradiction

2) God/Satan murders a man's family (children) just to test his faith. For all the christians who agree with this, may the same thing happen to you. "do unto others...". How can this be? Taking innocent lives just because you want to test someone's faith. How would you like it if your children were just killed because someone wants to test your faith?

3) God replaces Job's wealth and family at the end. This is what is wrong with the bible. It sees women and children as properties you can replace. Can someone replace your mother? Can someone else take the place of your children? God allows Satan to murder Job's children and later "blesses" him with other children. Can someone shout allelujah? God is here with replacement children.

4) Biological warfare. Job's case is one of the many cases the Almighty uses disease to inflict suffering on others. When a militant religious group uses disease to kill others, do not be surprised....oh wait

Here you are again going gaga...

From the jobs account u read was it Yahweh who killed jobs family or satan??

Just answer d lil question....
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jun 28, 2012
If one has a security guard, and he goes AWOL, making it possible for armed robbers to rob, rape and kill those HE was securing, who would be held responsible?
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by emofine2(f): 1:38pm On Jun 28, 2012
To be honest this is one of the most unfortunate stories I've ever read in the bible and I have never gleaned anything spiritual or higher from it (aside from job describing the elements and the power of his god).

It made me wonder if we are mere pawns in an egotistical battle between god and his adversary...their contention was so that it interfered with and affected the life of another and in extension his family, employees, livestock and charities for the duration of their bet. So in essence it was not only the life of one man that was interfered with and I doubt those that were rendered as collateral damage were directly compensated for during the period of their own loss.

And the most absurd part of the story is that in the end Job had another batch of 10 children who were said to be even more beautiful than the last set. Would it even matter if they were not attractive or even less attractive than the last 10?...a child is irreplaceable talkless of ten...that loss cannot be glossed over with beauty.

Albeit I understand that trials may exist to make one stronger or refine their character but the manner in which this was allowed to occur - to prove Job to the devil who was already said to be "perfect" - was pretty callous in my opinion of course.

8 Likes

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 1:42pm On Jun 28, 2012
ijawkid:

Here you are again going gaga...

From the jobs account u read was it Yahweh who killed jobs family or satan??

Just answer d lil question....

Satan asked for permission to destroy and murder and Gave him triple access
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 1:44pm On Jun 28, 2012
emöfine2: To be honest this is one of the most unfortunate story I've ever read in the bible and I have never gleaned anything spiritual or higher from it (aside from job describing the elements and the power of his god).

It made me wonder if we are mere pawns in an egotistical battle between god and his adversary...their contention was so that it interfered with and affected the life of another and in extension his family, employees, livestock and charities for the duration of their bet. So in essence it was not only the life of one man that was interfered with and I doubt those that were rendered as collateral damage were directly compensated for during the period of their own loss.

And the most preposterous part of the story is that in the end Job had another batch of 10 children who were said to be even more beautiful than the last set. Would it even matter if they were not attractive or even less attractive than the last 10?...a child is irreplaceable talkless of ten...you cannot cement that loss with beauty.

Albeit I understand that trials may exist to make one stronger or refine their character but the manner in which this occurred - to prove a point to the devil about job who was already "perfect" - was pretty callous in my opinion of course.

Thanks for your insight. I 100% agree. What I dislike about the Job story is the treatment of wives and children as property that can be replaced. I pity christians who defend the murder of innocent children
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by ijawkid(m): 1:47pm On Jun 28, 2012
logicboy.....

u no well...lol ....if u were attentive to d discussion btw God n Satan u wuldnt b putin up this post..
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 1:49pm On Jun 28, 2012
ijawkid: logicboy.....

u no well...lol ....if u were attentive to d discussion btw God n Satan u wuldnt b putin up this post..

Did God give Satan permission to destroy, yes or no?
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 3:18am On Jul 02, 2012
logicboy01:

Did God give Satan permission to destroy, yes or no?

Ijawkid, no answer?
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 02, 2012
Edited.

3 Likes

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by vedaxcool(m): 9:17am On Jul 02, 2012
buzugee: Satan why art thou persecuting me ? cry

buzugee: Satan how art thou things searched out ?

buzugee: Thou comest froth iniquity and hence i shall refine thee like gold is refined and try you like silver is tried. i will leave thee in the midst thereof in 10000000 degrees heat and melt you in the midst thereof. and ye shall know that the lord of armies has an indignation with ye

buzugee: Ye are off your father the devil and the will of thee father will thee doest

lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin NL unah no kill persin
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by dekung(m): 9:26am On Jul 02, 2012
First off, that story, like most other stories in the bible including that of Moses, David and solomon, never happened. However, if the even actually took place like it was described then I dont think I want to serve an egotistical God who will use me to boast before his opponent only for him to allow his opponent to destroy all that I have worked including my children. Even if I have 200 other children does it relplace the relationsip that existed between me and one who were collaterally damaged by God?
I have two beautiful children now and I cannot trade their lives for anything even for the promise of more beautiful children.
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 9:37am On Jul 02, 2012
uhonmora: a lil offtopic. i wonder if the author of job was actually in heaven to record the conversation between God and Satan.

Not off topic! That was a great question. I wish more people questioned these stories!
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 9:38am On Jul 02, 2012
dekung: First off, that story, like most other stories in the bible including that of Moses, David and solomon, never happened. However, if the even actually took place like it was described then I dont think I want to serve an egotistical God who will use me to boast before his opponent only for him to allow his opponent to destroy all that I have worked including my children. Even if I have 200 other children does it relplace the relationsip that existed between me and one who were collaterally damaged by God?
I have two beautiful children now and I cannot trade their lives for anything even for the promise of more beautiful children.

100% agreed!

I as well do not believe the story, just questioning the believers!
Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by FXKing2012(m): 10:51am On Jul 02, 2012
I'm tired of hearing these atheists making absolutely no sense but thinking they are making sense. How is the story of Job different from that of Abraham whom God tested his faith, he passed the test and God made him greater than he cld have ever imagined.
Job's faith was tested - God even boasted that Job is a righteous man who wldnt deny Him - and he (Job) was made greater than he ever was or ever cld have been.
As an engineer, when u build a new piece of machinery, you put it to the test to see how reliable it is. As a pharmacist, when u develop a new drug you test it to see how efficacious it is, etc etc. We are God's creation and there is nothing bad in Him testing our faith in Him.

10 Likes

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 11:00am On Jul 02, 2012
FXKing2012: I'm tired of hearing these atheists making absolutely no sense but thinking they are making sense. How is the story of Job different from that of Abraham whom God tested his faith, he passed the test and God made him greater than he cld have ever imagined.
Job's faith was tested - God even boasted that Job is a righteous man who wldnt deny Him - and he (Job) was made greater than he ever was or ever cld have been.
As an engineer, when u build a new piece of machinery, you put it to the test to see how reliable it is. As a pharmacist, when u develop a new drug you test it to see how efficacious it is, etc etc. We are God's creation and there is nothing bad in Him testing our faith in Him.

Can your family be replaced like a faulty car? Should God kill your family like Job's just to test your faith?

It seems God plays mortal kombat "test your might" and when you mess up "fatality"

3 Likes

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by FXKing2012(m): 11:05am On Jul 02, 2012
logicboy01:

Can your family be replaced like a faulty car? Should God kill your family like Job's just to test your faith?

It seems God plays mortal kombat "test your might" and when you mess up "fatality"

I've always told u not to talk abt the Bible cos u dont have the spiritual standing to understand it. God never killed Job's family; in fact, Job's family wld not have died if he had not left the protective shield covering him and his family. Job was a very fearful man and his fear made satan to have access to him. But the good thing is he (Job) believed in God strong enough not to deny God.
Pls get knowledge and stop exposing ur folly!

4 Likes

Re: The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness by logicboy01: 11:18am On Jul 02, 2012
FXKing2012:

I've always told u not to talk abt the Bible cos u dont have the spiritual standing to understand it. God never killed Job's family; in fact, Job's family wld not have died if he had not left the protective shield covering him and his family. Job was a very fearful man and his fear made satan to have access to him. But the good thing is he (Job) believed in God strong enough not to deny God.
Pls get knowledge and stop exposing ur folly!

lol.....Nowhere in the bible does it say that Job was a fearful man. liar

Furthermore, fear is not a reason to accept Satan's request;

[size=14pt]4 “Skin for skin!” Satan replied. “A man will give all he has for his own life. 5 But now stretch out your hand and strike his flesh and bones, and he will surely curse you to your face.”[/size]

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Should I Give My First Salary As Firstfruits Offering? / TB Joshua Ministries Deny 2Go Death Prophecy Rumour / Match Making In Church ( What's Your Own View?)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.