Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality (2321 Views)

'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? / NASA Found Message From God Written On Tablets In A Martian Cave / Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by plaetton: 6:54am On Jun 29, 2012
The word spirituality is probably one of the most ambigous and misused words.
What is spirituality and spiritual life?
It seems that every has a claim to one or many sorts of spirtual paths, knowledge or experiences.

In Nigerian, even the most mundane and common of issues or events are claimed to have one sort of spiritual inspiriration, connotations, or consequences. Both the christian and moslem dream of leaving this earth behind to live in a spiritual heaven or paradise after.

Does our obsession with spirituality make any sense or have any value?

Lets hear from everyone.
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by ZUBY77(m): 6:58am On Jun 29, 2012
I will venture into that discussion when i become a spirit. Not now
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by DeepSight(m): 11:37am On Jun 29, 2012
ZUBY77: I will venture into that discussion when i become a spirit. Not now

Too late son. You ARE a spirit already.

plaetton: The word spirituality is probably one of the most ambigous and misused words.

Regrettably true. Whenever I ask my siblings this or that question about the judeo-christian myths they simply respond: "Its spiritual". I think that is a serious mis-use of the word.

What is spirituality

The core essence of what we are: the seed non-physical being.

and spiritual life?

The life of that part of our being that is the seed non physical being - the evolution of that seed into a celestially conscious self - a mirror of God

What else would make sense? Bare rocks and atoms?
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 29, 2012
plaetton: The word spirituality is probably one of the most ambigous and misused words.

I tend to to take the word "spirit" as a synonym for "emotion" so spirituality is the emotional attachment one has to his metaphysical beliefs.

plaetton: In Nigerian, even the most mundane and common of issues or events are claimed to have one sort of spiritual inspiriration, connotations, or consequences. Both the christian and moslem dream of leaving this earth behind to live in a spiritual heaven or paradise after.

That's what it's all about. Both religion promise Utopia and this appeals to people who can't come to terms with not existence. The universe is indifferent to the human condition and these two faiths give the adherents the hope that there is something even more powerful than the universe that actually cares if they live or die. Since they have been indoctrinated from birth to believe in god, it's not that hard to believe in stuff like the "spiritual realm", hence the phrase, "the spiritual is more real than the physical".A lack of scientific awareness and education leave people susceptible to that kind of thinking.Also, there are too many superstitious people and the only way to get rid of superstitions is to become literate in science. What Nigeria, Africa and the black race needs is a Renaissance or Enlightenment period, when people would question tradition and authority and I don't see that happening. Too much herd mentality and it's easier to believe in god than to think.
In Nigeria, the societal conditions leave people with a desire for heaven because at least after suffering on earth, there will be a reward in the "Kingdom of God". I don't know why anyone would want to go be a serf for "eternity" though. Slave mentality.

plaetton: Does our obsession with spirituality make any sense or have any value?

It is very valuable for certain people. Religious leaders who get fat off people's "spiritual" needs and Political leaders who feign peity by getting endorsements from the religious leaders.

1 Like

Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by mnwankwo(m): 12:53pm On Jun 29, 2012
Hi Plaetton. Thanks for the thread. My view is that spirit is a living breath from God or a spark that emanated from God. Man is spirit. A spirit wearing non-spiritual bodies with the exception of the physical body is the soul. A spirit wearing several non-spiritual bodies in addition to the physical body is man on earth. God created the spirits and the intrinsic quest of the spirits to know the creator and adapt itself to the living laws of God is spirituality. The purpose of spirituality is to find supreme happiness. To find this supreme happiness such that it becomes an integral part of our spirits, spirits must journey through several creations (both materially visible and invincible) of God, absorbing the different manifestation of the the laws of God. By absorbing or experiencing the laws of God, the inherent potentials or talents that slumbers within the spirit are awakened. These potentials mature into abilities and these abilities then automatically link the spirits to God, the creator. A recognition of God and a conscious experiencing of the "presence" of God results in supreme happiness. Whether on earth on in other non-material spheres, spirits who experience the "presence" of God or more appropriately the power of God are imbued with celestial happiness and and a knowing conviction in the omnipotence and omniscience of God. Such a spirit have found its spirituality. There cannot be spirituality without experiencing. Those who are seeking for God have to experience and in the spark of God that is them, they have all the faculties for the recognition of God.

Genuine spirituality manifests in love of God and for all the creations of God. A man who have found God and his Will, will always radiate love and joy and these qualities will consciously or unconsciously be visible to those who cross his or her path. If believers practically live their lives according to the laws of God, then this earth would already be a paradise where only the will of God reigns. Our works (words, thoughts, actions, imagination, dreams and intuition) are a direct consequence of the state of evolution of our spirits. We should look at our works and that of our neighbors and we will easily find out where we stand spiritually, whether we are servants of God or agents of the darkness. As they say "the hood does not make the monk". Any man who cannot spontaneously rejoice at the success of his neighbor and cannot spontaneously share in his sorrow is very far from God irrespective of his religious beliefs. Genuine spirituality manifests through the nature of our being, that is our works but not through what we preach or teach. The urge for the recognition of God is intrinsic to the spirit, it is hardwired in the spirit. Only the the water of life that are intrinsic part of Gods power can quench this longing. Thus until the spirit have a genuine recognition of God, the longing continues. It can manifest in harmful religious practices, extreme materialism, attachment to earthly pleasures, denial of the existence of God, religious prostitution (jumping from one religion or movement to another), etc. Whatever it is, the spirit moves on this journey and someday either in this life or in another earthlife or in non-earthly spheres, the recognition of God, his creator will come. The bandage will fall from his eyes and he will look back across time and wonder how it was possible that something so obvious escaped his conscious recognition. As always, stay blessed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by plaetton: 1:10pm On Jun 29, 2012
@Martian: Very interesting perspective. Thank you.

Deep Sight:

Too late son. You ARE a spirit already.

Regrettably true. Whenever I ask my siblings this or that question about the judeo-christian myths they simply respond: "Its spiritual". I think that is a serious mis-use of the word.

The core essence of what we are: the seed non-physical being.

The life of that part of our being that is the seed non physical being - the evolution of that seed into a celestially conscious self - a mirror of God

What else would make sense? Bare rocks and atoms?

Considering the fact that we know so very little about our physical reality, does it not make a lot more sense to focus all our energies in unravelling the mysteries of physical existence than to obsess our selves with this non-physical seed , essence or life?.
How could we even understand the non-physical if we are totally ignorant of the workings of the physical reality?
A great many humans can neither understand the basic mechanics of the universe nor the primary purpose of life, yet are eager to and constantly dream of living in a yet even more mysterious non-physical reality.
How logical is it for anyone to be promoted to a higher reality or station without first gaining mastery of the present reality or station?
How possible is it to make it into heaven or paradise and live blissfully forever when we cannot achieve peace and tolerance in the tiny spec of time we spend on earth?
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by Kay17: 3:41pm On Jun 29, 2012
At best, Spirituality is the deep dissatisfactory curiosity of a man.

At worst, the perception of an alternate world to explain the present one.
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by justcool(m): 4:46pm On Jun 29, 2012
@Plaetton
Thanks for starting this worthy thread, and thanks also for inviting my humble perception.

You have already received very good answers from Deepsight and m_nwankwo. M_nwankwo offered a lot in his post; if you carefully examine his post intuitively, you will see that it clearly answered your question. There is no need for me to repeat or cloak in different words, what they have already said. However, I will be observing this thread as it unfolds, and will definitely contribute when I feel the need to.

Thanks and remain blessed.
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by DeepSight(m): 11:42pm On Jun 29, 2012
plaetton: @Martian: Very interesting perspective. Thank you.

Considering the fact that we know so very little about our physical reality, does it not make a lot more sense to focus all our energies in unravelling the mysteries of physical existence than to obsess our selves with this non-physical seed , essence or life?.
How could we even understand the non-physical if we are totally ignorant of the workings of the physical reality?
A great many humans can neither understand the basic mechanics of the universe nor the primary purpose of life, yet are eager to and constantly dream of living in a yet even more mysterious non-physical reality.
How logical is it for anyone to be promoted to a higher reality or station without first gaining mastery of the present reality or station?
How possible is it to make it into heaven or paradise and live blissfully forever when we cannot achieve peace and tolerance in the tiny spec of time we spend on earth?

Iron sharpeneth iron, and gold is refined in fire.
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by Nobody: 8:04am On Jun 30, 2012
Good day, m-nwankwo. I appreciate your reply and hope you try to clear up some confusions I may have...

m_nwankwo: Hi Plaetton. Thanks for the thread. My view is that spirit is a living breath from God or a spark that emanated from God. Man is spirit. A spirit wearing non-spiritual bodies with the exception of the physical body is the soul.
A spirit wearing several non-spiritual bodies in addition to the physical body is man on earth.
What do you mean by non-spiritual bodies? Ordinarily, I would have taken that to mean 'physical body', but you seem to differentiate between both. Are there any other bodies apart from the spiritual and physical?
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by Jenwitemi(m): 9:18am On Jun 30, 2012
First big FAIL there, plaetton. You want to have a discussion on "spirituality" and you invite someone like martian into the discussion?! It is like inviting a carpenter into a discussion on medicine or human physiology. Big fail, bro.
What is spirituality and spiritual life?
It seems that every has a claim to one or many sorts of spirtual paths, knowledge or experiences.

In Nigerian, even the most mundane and common of issues or events are claimed to have one sort of spiritual inspiriration, connotations, or consequences. Both the christian and moslem dream of leaving this earth behind to live in a spiritual heaven or paradise after.

Lets hear from everyone.
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by Nobody: 9:25am On Jun 30, 2012
Jenwitemi: First big FAIL there, plaetton. You want to have a discussion on "spirituality" and you invite someone like martian into the discussion?! It is like inviting a carpenter into a discussion on medicine or human physiology. Big fail, bro.
Lol, u just had to pull the trigger..
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by PastorAIO: 9:53am On Jun 30, 2012
Kay 17: At best, Spirituality is the deep dissatisfactory curiosity of a man.

At worst, the perception of an alternate world to explain the present one.

By 'present' world I believe that you mean the world as perceived through our senses. If that is true then can you please tell me of any established explanation of the 'present' world that does not rely on an alternate world or on other stuff NOT perceived by the senses.

plaetton:

How can we understand the physical without recourse to a non-physical? How many theories of physical reality do we know that are not based on the non-physical?

do you know any currently valid understanding of the mechanics of the universe that does not require a mysterious non-physical reality for explanation.

Now that's a damn good question!!
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by Kay17: 10:09am On Jun 30, 2012
Pastor AIO:

By 'present' world I believe that you mean the world as perceived through our senses. If that is true then can you please tell me of any established explanation of the 'present' world that does not rely on an alternate world or on other stuff NOT perceived by the senses.

I can't think of any.
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by emofine2(f): 11:26am On Jun 30, 2012
plaetton: Both the christian and moslem dream of leaving this earth behind to live in a spiritual heaven or paradise after.

The thing that I truly cannot comprehend is that the spiritual destination of the so called righteous of the world's major religions is teeming with materialism...

These spiritual abodes are just like a material world embelished with extraordinary beauty, containing extraterrestrial characters and of course the absence of pain.

Unless spirituality is exactly that - pure happiness (although I question if every individual can be truly happy in a perpetual servitude role in relation to a divine authority) and peace and if it is exactly that couldn't such be achieved here on earth?...Well of course not because in our mortal existence there would always be pain attached to a loss...spirituality (at least in the major religions) is similar to "Neverland"...you don't age, you don't die you don't lack...it is thus a perfect existence for many...and many will want to aim for such...and so it does make sense that people will want to live in a perfect reality but to spark ones interest via the materialsitc nature whilst at the same time encouraged to debase that nature does not at all make sense to me because it appears slightly contradictory...

But I do wonder in regards to the major faiths....in order to arouse or appeal to ones spiritual senses is ones materialistic nature first coaxed?

Is materialism and spirituality compatible?

Albeit I think if you have love for your fellow man, appreciate nature, the universe and all that surrounds (and that includes science) and our role in it and not debasing other inhabitants regarding them as lesser creatures such as animals or even the plants and those of a different sex...take one's ego aside and humble your self...maintaining a healthy lifestyle...sustain a conscious connection to the source of life or at least search for that source of life...aim to discover truths for oneself...engage your mind...and express that in non-harmful or superior ways....not having a great fancy for much that is materialitic but of course catering to ones own needs and still very much open-minded but not in the manner of "anything goes"....seeking to learn from others and not only teach at the same time being very much realistic about life and continually evolving with it....that in itself may add a greater volume not only to the one that exhibits all this but to our environment...but not everybody is compatible with such a kind of life..a transcendent sort of lifestyle...so it may become far-reaching for the greater population and thus a dream...and dreams never realized don't exist in the material world..or beyond the mind...

But I do not envision winged characters or gold streets to be a reflection of anything spiritual not even remotely if so I'm sure just the corridors alone of Elton Johns mansion will reflect a preview of that sort of existence that is considered "spiritual"...

A spiritual life may be rewarding for the one who genuinely exercises it but I don't regard spirtuality as a reward in itself.
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 30, 2012
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by Jenwitemi(m): 11:52am On Jun 30, 2012
I had to, mate. It was making faces at me.
musKeeto:
Lol, u just had to pull the trigger..
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by plaetton: 12:03pm On Jun 30, 2012
Jenwitemi: First big FAIL there, plaetton. You want to have a discussion on "spirituality" and you invite someone like martian into the discussion?! It is like inviting a carpenter into a discussion on medicine or human physiology. Big fail, bro.

No, not at all. I invited Martian knowing fully well that he would offer perspectives quite different from what we would expect from N Nwankwo, Deapsight, etc.
And bingo, he was right on the money. So my objective has been achieved.
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:26am On Jul 01, 2012
But I do wonder in regards to the major faiths....in order to arouse or appeal to ones spiritual senses is ones materialistic nature first coaxed?

Is materialism and spirituality compatible?
I always wondered that too, can anyone throw more light on this?
@M_nwankwo
As always your submissions are quite very deep, when I do get a change of heart about religion maybe I will talk to you hehehehehehehe sounds a lot better than this prosperity thing flying around.
@all
I do not feel one shred of spirituality, I have just concluded that all those who profess they do are just pathetic liars. Like someone pointed out why bother to decipher the spiritual if we don't even fully understand the physical?
The biggest thing that separates these two things is we all agree that physical things affects all regardless of religion or beliefs, why then do these religions have so many different views on spirituality that it makes those of us on the sidelines certain theu all don't know what they are talking about?
I guess my question is if spiritual experiences cannot be transferable from one individual to another how can you guys be so confident of its existence
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by plaetton: 11:14am On Jul 01, 2012
Chrisbenogor:
I always wondered that too, can anyone throw more light on this?
@M_nwankwo
As always your submissions are quite very deep, when I do get a change of heart about religion maybe I will talk to you hehehehehehehe sounds a lot better than this prosperity thing flying around.
@all
I do not feel one shred of spirituality, I have just concluded that all those who profess they do are just pathetic liars. Like someone pointed out why bother to decipher the spiritual if we don't even fully understand the physical?
The biggest thing that separates these two things is we all agree that physical things affects all regardless of religion or beliefs, why then do these religions have so many different views on spirituality that it makes those of us on the sidelines certain theu all don't know what they are talking about?
[b]I guess my question is if spiritual experiences cannot be transferable from one individual to another how can you guys be so confident of its existence

[/b]Thank you bros. That is exactly the crucial issues I want to dicscuss and debate.
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by DeepSight(m): 11:22am On Jul 01, 2012
Chrisbenogor:

I guess my question is if spiritual experiences cannot be transferable from one individual to another how can you guys be so confident of its existence

Chris, its been a long while. How bodi?

In reference to the above, I have to tell you that spiritual experiences are in fact transferred from person to person every second of every day, and this can be substantiated.
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by PastorAIO: 11:43am On Jul 01, 2012
Deep Sight:

Chris, its been a long while. How bodi?

In reference to the above, I have to tell you that spiritual experiences are in fact transferred from person to person every second of every day, and this can be substantiated.

Could you please expand

Chrisbenogor:

The experience of Consciousness cannot be transferred from one person to another yet there is nothing that I am, or anyone else is if asked, more sure of than the fact that I am, and each one respectively is, a conscious being.

I can't be sure if you're a conscious being but I can only vouch for my own consciousness.

My point is that the most certain thing in existence is the least communicable thing. This therefore breaks the presumption that there must be a link between certainty and communicability or consensus of any sort.
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by DeepSight(m): 12:04pm On Jul 01, 2012
Pastor AIO:

I can't be sure if you're a conscious being but I can only vouch for my own consciousness.

My point is that the most certain thing in existence is the least communicable thing. This therefore breaks the presumption that there must be a link between certainty and communicability or consensus of any sort.

Jesus Christ. Post of the Year 2012. In fact, post of the decade.

+ 10000
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by emofine2(f): 12:24pm On Jul 01, 2012
Pastor AIO: My point is that the most certain thing in existence is the least communicable thing. This therefore breaks the presumption that there must be a link between certainty and communicability or consensus of any sort.

Interesting...
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by plaetton: 12:26pm On Jul 01, 2012
m_nwankwo: Hi Plaetton. Thanks for the thread. [b]My view [/b]is that spirit is a living breath from God or a spark that emanated from God. Man is spirit. A spirit wearing non-spiritual bodies with the exception of the physical body is the soul. A spirit wearing several non-spiritual bodies in addition to the physical body is man on earth. God created the spirits and the intrinsic quest of the spirits to know the creator and adapt itself to the living laws of God is spirituality. The purpose of spirituality is to find supreme happiness. To find this supreme happiness such that it becomes an integral part of our spirits, spirits must journey through several creations (both materially visible and invincible) of God, absorbing the different manifestation of the the laws of God. By absorbing or experiencing the laws of God, the inherent potentials or talents that slumbers within the spirit are awakened. These potentials mature into abilities and these abilities then automatically link the spirits to God, the creator. A recognition of God and a conscious experiencing of the "presence" of God results in supreme happiness. Whether on earth on in other non-material spheres, spirits who experience the "presence" of God or more appropriately the power of God are imbued with celestial happiness and and a knowing conviction in the omnipotence and omniscience of God. Such a spirit have found its spirituality. There cannot be spirituality without experiencing. Those who are seeking for God have to experience and in the spark of God that is them, they have all the faculties for the recognition of God.

Genuine spirituality manifests in love of God and for all the creations of God. A man who have found God and his Will, will always radiate love and joy and these qualities will consciously or unconsciously be visible to those who cross his or her path. If believers practically live their lives according to the laws of God, then this earth would already be a paradise where only the will of God reigns. Our works (words, thoughts, actions, imagination, dreams and intuition) are a direct consequence of the state of evolution of our spirits. We should look at our works and that of our neighbors and we will easily find out where we stand spiritually, whether we are servants of God or agents of the darkness. As they say "the hood does not make the monk". Any man who cannot spontaneously rejoice at the success of his neighbor and cannot spontaneously share in his sorrow is very far from God irrespective of his religious beliefs. Genuine spirituality manifests through the nature of our being, that is our works but not through what we preach or teach. The urge for the recognition of God is intrinsic to the spirit, it is hardwired in the spirit. Only the the water of life that are intrinsic part of Gods power can quench this longing. Thus until the spirit have a genuine recognition of God, the longing continues. It can manifest in harmful religious practices, extreme materialism, attachment to earthly pleasures, denial of the existence of God, religious prostitution (jumping from one religion or movement to another), etc. Whatever it is, the spirit moves on this journey and someday either in this life or in another earthlife or in non-earthly spheres, the recognition of God, his creator will come. The bandage will fall from his eyes and he will look back across time and wonder how it was possible that something so obvious escaped his conscious recognition. As always, stay blessed.

In other words, spirituality is a god-centered concept?
First, how did you arrive at this view, from observation, experimentation and analysis?
Are these theories, hypothesises or observable and tested facts?
What if there is no god? Or is spirituality meaningless without god?

Your view sounds like a very eloquent sermon for those who believe in the existence of god. For those of us who do not,it sounds like the same old eloquent mombo jumbo(no disrespect intended),notions that have no factual basis, just another form of faith.
Not so?

If spirtuality is god-centered, then just like all faiths, everyone would seem to have a different and sometimes conflicting variants of spirituality. Not so?

If, like faith, spiritual concepts, ideals, experiences are coloured in ones cultural and religious ideals,prejudices,fears and needs, then it goes back to my original question: Does it have any value outside the head of an individual? Can it or has it ever been a tranformative agent in any society or for humanity?

As someone who has walked the spiritual path(my own verson of it),my interest in astronomy and physics have led me to the conclusion that what we term "spiritual" are simply higher physics,hyper-dimension physics.

Unfortunately,this higher physics(spirituality) has come to us from our early beginnings, garbed in confusing and conflicting philosophies and religions simply because of the manner in which they were bequetted to humanity eons ago.

Even when clothed with intimidating scientific names,[b]The physical and spiritual actually converge at some point [/b]as we get into the areas quantum physics, super-conductivity,torsion fields, etc.

Therefore, in my mind, the erstwhile distinction between scientific knowledge and spiritual knowledge is being gradually blurred as we adavance, through scientific studies, in the knowledge of the basic mechanics of the universe.

Science, not spirituality, is the key to understanding the universe and our place in it.
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:06pm On Jul 01, 2012
grin grin grin
Don't you just love these guys eh?
Deep Sight I have been around, I mostly read and drop a comment here and there.

@Pastor AIO
How many times I go tell you say na night school adult education I do ? That your answer don finish the small memory wey remain for my brain. Hehehehehe
Ok maybe you did not get my question well, because I most certainly cannot comprehend your answer.
In the physical world we can transfer experiences for instance alcohol consumption would have a similar effect on a lot of people. Jumping in front of a moving train would have the same effect on everyone. We model physical experiences everyday and everyone agrees on what the consequences are at least to a high degree.
Why is that different in terms of spirituality? If we pick one topic here on spirituality I am sure our able sages here would all have different opinions on what it is and if it is in existence and what form it is.

I mean we have a scientific method that pretty much stipulates rules that should be followed in coming to conclusions about how certain aspects of the physical world works. Can we say the same for spirituality? Because the whole I can feel it in my bones when you close your eyes while lying half naked as the full moon filters through the window of a room no one has step foot in for the past 7 days which is the number that phunky things happen does not just work for me.

I hope I am clearer now?
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by izinbizi(m): 3:15pm On Jul 01, 2012

Who talks about Spirituality on Nairaland without inviting Jenwitemi and my humble self...lol?
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by mazaje(m): 4:28pm On Jul 01, 2012
Reading soe comments here and LOL. . .

"A spirit wearing several non-spiritual bodies in addition to the physical body is man on earth. God created the spirits and the intrinsic quest of the spirits to know the creator and adapt itself to the living laws of God is spirituality."

The way people go about confidently talking about things they have no evidence for is really mind blowing. . .Spirit, spirituality, bla bla bla. . .The mumbo jumbo continues. . .Me i just dey for side dey laugh. ..
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by Kay17: 4:59pm On Jul 01, 2012
Pastor AIO:

The experience of Consciousness cannot be transferred from one person to another yet there is nothing that I am, or anyone else is if asked, more sure of than the fact that I am, and each one respectively is, a conscious being.

The same tools used to authenticate self existence are the same we use to ascertain reality!

There is the art of the self evident.
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by izinbizi(m): 6:46pm On Jul 01, 2012
Moderator and Seun please we need a thread on Spirituality.

Spirituality is a personal and conscious quest for the complete realization of one's essence.
Man is not Spirit, Man is soul and his quest to transcend materiality and fellowship with Spirit is the core of Spirituality.
It is an internal awareness of the content within, it involves a cognitive process of soul search; a discovery of your constituent.
The concept is humbling and there is immense power in true realization of essence .
Re: Deapsight, N Nwankwo, Justcool,kay 17, Martian ,et Al, Lets Discuss Spirituality by izinbizi(m): 6:55pm On Jul 01, 2012
You can not be conscious of material and practise spirituality, in Spirituality you let go of corporeality and accept the beyond.
That you do not see communication signals flying above your heads does not mean your handset is not communicating. So the little mind seeks to see the signals while the advanced mind pictures, realizes and manipulates these unseen signals to his benefit. This is how it is in Spirituality and is the root of Faith. So there can not be faith without spirituality.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Most Reverend Sisters Harsh And Hostile? / The biblical Day Of Judgement happens everyday / Message Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.