Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:48 AM

Why Do Nigerians Look At White People As Advanced Humans - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Nigerians Look At White People As Advanced Humans (39135 Views)

All Nigerians Look Alike / Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? / Why Do Nigerians Think White People Are Ugly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Look At White People As Advanced Humans by azzima(m): 7:06pm On Jun 29, 2012
As blacks, our leaders declare themselves president for life.rig elections for 4th to 6th terms.one took a shower after raping an HIV positive girl hoping it will prevent infections.we kill our fellow BLACKS for money rituals or so we can win just a local Govt elction.our female bleach their skins to be lighter and our governor bleach his skin to be close to oyinbo.Guys go figure....
Re: Why Do Nigerians Look At White People As Advanced Humans by coninse: 7:08pm On Jun 29, 2012
What is wrong our Nigerian brothers and sisters? Don't you guys know the world is reading your public comments? Pls if you don't have something essential or useful to say, keep your fingers off the keyboard. You don't have to comment on every topic. It is embarrassing!!! Think before you type, everything is not a joke guys! C'mon.

Every time I visit Nairaland to read news, I always leave the site with a very sad heart due to some st****d and f***ish comments. Is there no more love among us? Why must we fight against each other all the time? This is no time to fight, we must always assist and encourage each other (we are one, be it YORUBA, IGBO OR HAUSA). YOU SHOULD ALWAYS USE THE INTERNET FOR GOOD AND USEFUL PURPOSE!

In response to the OP question, from my own view, I believe it has to do with our culture. Before I left Nigeria, I always believe the white are very smart and intelligent people. But after studying oversea, my perspective regarding a white man has really changed. They are not smarter than us but their culture gives them the ability and enthusiasm to explore more, something that we lack in our culture. I believe our culture has done more harm than good by holding us back.

Please stop downgrading yourself. Be proud of yourself, your culture and your race. If any white man read these negative comments, he/she will feel they are superior to your race. Asians are not advanced like western countries, but they don't praise any white man. They are proud of themselves and we should start doing the same. By thinking that one race is superior; you are already holding yourself back from exploration. They did it, why can’t you/we do it? Have the spirit and you will thrive. Think about something positive you can do that will change your world and the name of Nigeria in our world.

Mr. Seun, I want you to please start censoring any ill or tribal comments on Nairaland. This useful website is such a great site to read about Nigeria, my homeland. I feel at home whenever I come to this website but some monster are about to turn this website into something else. Please take an action on this Mr. Seun.

Thanks. And by the way, do we have any Nigerian astronomer on this website? If there are any, pls leave a comment or send me a message.

GOD BLESS THE GREAT NATION NIGERIA...

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Look At White People As Advanced Humans by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jun 29, 2012
[quote author=Billyonaire]The painful truth is that the so called white men, are better evolved homo sapiens. Blacks are the earlier human species that existed....but whites are better evolved species. Ever thought why an average black man is selfish than average white ? [/quote
I believe so too. they evolved into superior species able to seek advancement and forge a way forward for themselves we on the other hand are still savages just reproducing eating sleeping and killing each other.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Look At White People As Advanced Humans by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 29, 2012
coninse: What is wrong our Nigerian brothers and sisters? Don't you guys know the world is reading your public comments? Pls if you don't have something essential or useful to say, keep your fingers off the keyboard. You don't have to comment on every topic. It is embarrassing!!! Think before you type, everything is not a joke guys! C'mon.

Every time I visit Nairaland to read news, I always leave the site with a very sad heart due to some st****d and f***ish comments. Is there no more love among us? Why must we fight against each other all the time? This is no time to fight, we must always assist and encourage each other (we are one, be it YORUBA, IGBO OR HAUSA). YOU SHOULD ALWAYS USE THE INTERNET FOR GOOD AND USEFUL PURPOSE!

In response to the OP question, from my own view, I believe it has to do with our culture. Before I left Nigeria, I always believe the white are very smart and intelligent people. But after studying oversea, my perspective regarding a white man has really changed. They are not smarter than us but their culture gives them the ability and enthusiasm to explore more, something that we lack in our culture. I believe our culture has done more harm than good by holding us back.

Please stop downgrading yourself. Be proud of yourself, your culture and your race. If any white man read these negative comments, he/she will feel they are superior to your race. Asians are not advanced like western countries, but they don't praise any white man. They are proud of themselves and we should start doing the same. By thinking that one race is superior; you are already holding yourself back from exploration. They did it, why can’t you/we do it? Have the spirit and you will thrive. Think about something positive you can do that will change your world and the name of Nigeria in our world.

Mr. Seun, I want you to please start censoring any ill or tribal comments on Nairaland. This useful website is such a great site to read about Nigeria, my homeland. I feel at home whenever I come to this website but some monster are about to turn this website into something else. Please take an action on this Mr. Seun.

Thanks. And by the way, do we have any Nigerian astronomer on this website? If there are any, pls leave a comment or send me a message.

hey sharrap there my friend. Thew white man doesnt need to read this to know he is superior. what do we have to be proud of sef? a stupid culture that has led to tribalism, corruption, idiocy? Homie theres nothing to be proud of, this country sucks big time and the sooner u realize it the better 4 ur life. This country is doomed.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Look At White People As Advanced Humans by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 29, 2012
coninse: What is wrong our Nigerian brothers and sisters? Don't you guys know the world is reading your public comments? Pls if you don't have something essential or useful to say, keep your fingers off the keyboard. You don't have to comment on every topic. It is embarrassing!!! Think before you type, everything is not a joke guys! C'mon.

hey sharrap there my friend. Thew white man doesnt need to read this to know he is superior. what do we have to be proud of sef? a stupid culture that has led to tribalism, corruption, idiocy? Homie theres nothing to be proud of, this country sucks big time and the sooner u realize it the better 4 ur life. This country is doomed.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Look At White People As Advanced Humans by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jun 29, 2012
Olodostein:

Go and ask Albert Einstein, Rothschild. Okenedo- paul's wife in hotel rwanda and your beloved lover boy - Ramsey Noah.

Besides, Google is your friend. My friend.
Nonsense! You simply don't have a clue about Jews.I would rather let you know that Jews are not perculair to particular people, it much about culture. Most of the American Jews are either converted or One of the parents is non-Jew.

So, stop pointing everything advancement to the Jews as a people but as a culture. It is about cultural thing.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Look At White People As Advanced Humans by tushbobo(m): 9:05pm On Jun 29, 2012
The problem with the black race has always been too many languages and cultures which has led to division within africans.A lack of unity has many negative consequences which has made Africa and indeed the black race what it is today.The black man and white man have same level of intelligence(not knowledge).Knowledge is to be sought,its not acquired naturally.This is where the white race has over time surpassed blacks who spent most of their time dealing with tribal issues.I personally see myself as more intelligent than most whites I've encountered.
A black man with talent can't achieve much because of the society he finds himself.
A white man without talent can achieve a lot due to the society he finds himself.
I see disunity as the Major problem confronting blacks.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Look At White People As Advanced Humans by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jun 29, 2012
all4naija: Nonsense! You simply don't have a clue about Jews.I would rather let you know that Jews are not perculair to particular people, it much about culture. Most of the American Jews are either converted or One of the parents is non-Jew.

So, stop pointing everything advancement to the Jews as a people but as a culture. It is about cultural thing.

You must be deluded if you think being a jew is about cultural thing.

Have you ever heard of D.N.A test used to locate confirm lost tribes like Beta israel AKA Ethopian jews?

You talk without referencing. So i am not gonna waste my time doing the digging up for you.

You have a lot of catch up to do. No need to enlighten your mind further.

I emphasized that they contributed signicantly to western civilization but Your almighty white man likes to take all the credit. Read between the lines and stop exposing your lack of comprehension.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Look At White People As Advanced Humans by tushbobo(m): 10:59pm On Jun 29, 2012
Civilisation started in Africa.History shows the native inhabitants of egypt were blacks(just as red indians were the native inhabitants of America).Something went wrong somewhere along the line(some say its a curse while others say its self inflicted)
Re: Why Do Nigerians Look At White People As Advanced Humans by igbo2011(m): 11:11pm On Jun 29, 2012
Olodostein:

Have you ever heard of D.N.A test used to locate confirm lost tribes like Beta israel AKA Ethopian jews?

You talk without referencing. So i am not gonna waste my time doing the digging up for you.

I emphasized that they contributed signicantly to western civilization but Your almighty white man likes to take all the credit. Read between the lines and stop exposing your lack of comprehension.

You must realize that jews are closer to Europeans genetically so are treated better by Europeans than Africans. Also many Jews can pass off for white. A jewish person would just change their name and be considered white. Also, Jews received reparatioons for the Holocaust and they invested that money and look where it got them now?

What about Africans? Slavery for 300 years Reperations NOOO King Leopold made the Congo slaves in their own land and killed from 10 to 15 milion people for rubber, reparations?? NO The first ever holocaust of the 20th century was actually in Namibia. The Germans killed over 70,000 Hereo people, did they get repatrations?? NOO Right now to this day America, Israel, west Europe and China are funding the worse human rights violations since WWII right now in the Congo 6to 15 million people have died in the eastern Congo genocide. Did those Africans get reparations NOOOO They get puppet leaders who serve other people.

SO you cna't just compare Jews to blacks, that isn't fair.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Look At White People As Advanced Humans by ebere1712: 11:15pm On Jun 29, 2012
Why is this thread not in racism and tribalism. The moderators would rather pick on pan-african threads. Shame on Nairaland moderators. Hating on your own, pathetic.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Look At White People As Advanced Humans by ebere1712: 11:18pm On Jun 29, 2012
Blacks hating on themselves. WOW.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Look At White People As Advanced Humans by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jun 29, 2012
igbo2011:

You must realize that jews are closer to Europeans genetically so are treated better by Europeans than Africans. Also many Jews can pass off for white. A jewish person would just change their name and be considered white. Also, Jews received reparatioons for the Holocaust and they invested that money and look where it got them now?

What about Africans? Slavery for 300 years Reperations NOOO King Leopold made the Congo slaves in their own land and killed from 10 to 15 milion people for rubber, reparations?? NO The first ever holocaust of the 20th century was actually in Namibia. The Germans killed over 70,000 Hereo people, did they get repatrations?? NOO Right now to this day America, Israel, west Europe and China are funding the worse human rights violations since WWII right now in the Congo 6to 15 million people have died in the eastern Congo genocide. Did those Africans get reparations NOOOO They get puppet leaders who serve other people.

SO you cna't just compare Jews to blacks, that isn't fair.

Nwanne, I am not comparing jews to blacks. What i am trying to say is that they have a fighting spirit that we can learn from and the fact they pioneered a lot of things that whites take credit for. They also learn from their history and we do not. They have suffered through centuries. Hitler almost wiped them out.

It seems we blacks don't learn. We need to look inward and embrace our history and ourselves if we are to move forward. Our people are carried away by extreeme materialism. We need a collective philosophy and to ventilate education and humanitarianism within our community.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Look At White People As Advanced Humans by igbo2011(m): 12:42am On Jun 30, 2012
Olodostein:

Nwanne, I am not comparing jews to blacks. What i am trying to say is that they have a fighting spirit that we can learn from and the fact they pioneered a lot of things that whites take credit for. They also learn from their history and we do not. They have suffered through centuries. Hitler almost wiped them out.

It seems we blacks don't learn. We need to look inward and embrace our history and ourselves if we are to move forward. Our people are carried away by extreeme materialism. We need a collective philosophy and to ventilate education and humanitarianism within our community.

Daalu nwanne m nwoke. Kedu?

I agree with you though. We don't learn from our history. Divide and conquer and at the end of the day the europeans win. Rwanda and uganda are killing congoolese right now but at the end of the day europeans get the resources. We r brainwashed and its a shame. Too bad most people don't know. I'm glad people lie you are conscious. You need to spread your knowledge to more people. I'm trying to on here and through other ways.

If you look through african history we were the greatest when we united. That's how we had egypt ethiopia benin songhai mali zulu bornu wolof nri ile ife ngola kongo and more. Wemust unite and stop being so tribal.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Look At White People As Advanced Humans by Nobody: 12:44am On Jun 30, 2012
Olodostein:

You are really uninformed! You know no much about Jews,simple!

Read something about American Jews and who they are?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Look At White People As Advanced Humans by Nobody: 1:20am On Jun 30, 2012
Olodostein:

^^ True points.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Look At White People As Advanced Humans by smsgrouper: 9:49am On Jun 30, 2012
ekwah:

You are a fool. Keep deceiving yourself. You are even typing in english, white man language, to coach already nigeria team, we hire white coach, dana plane crash happen, USA must intervene for investigation, if not for oyinbo, yu for dey inside bush now to setting traps to catch antelope wey yu go chop
This dumbass statement got four likes! angry what do mean by the statement in red? Superior in what sense exactly? Is it a natural phenomenon or a result of the blatant lack of equal opportunities/historical occurances. I can't buy into this stereotype abeg.

Biologically, no man is superior over another. our experiences, exposure/societal standards is what makes the white man SEEM to be superior. he is not! I must admit that they were able to identify those things they knew would move the world forward, far earlier than people of other races even thought of it. Does that make them superior? I think it depends on the context u use the word.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Look At White People As Advanced Humans by Nobody: 9:57am On Jun 30, 2012
There are many factors which made it seem that white men r superior to black men.Let us look at all the countries of these white men,they all have historical background which is longer than those of black men.It was from these historicals that they adopt all their rules,laws and so on.If we follow white men's land and their histories,we would see that they've passed through most of the crises that we r currently passing through and it was solutions dat was used that time that is still being used.All our histories have been interupted by the whites.Every principles that was used in the olden have neglected n replaced by foreign ones n dis those not seem to work everytime
Re: Why Do Nigerians Look At White People As Advanced Humans by smsgrouper: 9:59am On Jun 30, 2012
ekwah:

This dumbass statement got four likes! angry what do mean by the statement in red? Superior in what sense exactly? Is it a natural phenomenon or a result of the blatant lack of equal opportunities/historical occurances. I can't buy into this stereotype abeg.

Biologically, no man is superior over another. our experiences, exposure/societal standards is what makes the white man SEEM to be superior. he is not! I must admit that they were able to identify those things they knew would move the world forward, far earlier than people of other races even thought of it. Does that make them superior? I think it depends on the context u use the word.

If not for oyinbo you and your papa for dey inside forest setting traps to catch monkeys and anetelop wey una go chop. ODE!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Look At White People As Advanced Humans by smsgrouper: 10:21am On Jun 30, 2012
@nevderek you must be an intelligent person..yu make sense wit ur post
Re: Why Do Nigerians Look At White People As Advanced Humans by igbo2011(m): 10:22am On Jun 30, 2012
smsgrouper:

If not for oyinbo you and your papa for dey inside forest setting traps to catch monkeys and anetelop wey una go chop. ODE!

You have a slave mentality. Africa had the BEST civilizations before european invaders came. Ancient egyptians taught the greeks everything they knew so if it wasn't work blacks whites would be in caves. Read the book miseducation of the negro by carter g woodson to understand more.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Look At White People As Advanced Humans by ektbear: 10:27am On Jun 30, 2012
Nigerians may look on white people as advanced humans, but both Nigerians and white people look upon ekt_bear as the greatest hope of mankind

The man the prophesies said would come one day
Re: Why Do Nigerians Look At White People As Advanced Humans by smsgrouper: 11:11am On Jun 30, 2012
@igbo2011 dey there dey deceive yur self. We are nt talkin abt history. We talkin about whose superior. You no get superior for yur place of work? Abi you superior pass oyinbo?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Look At White People As Advanced Humans by smsgrouper: 11:26am On Jun 30, 2012
Supremacy is between american, europeans and asians..how nigeria take involve for d mata?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Look At White People As Advanced Humans by smsgrouper: 11:37am On Jun 30, 2012
Its even dumb to say white men are not superior to blacks. No picture of jesus christ sef as a black man.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Look At White People As Advanced Humans by kinguwem: 2:04pm On Jun 30, 2012
The whites are more advanced that the blacks in terms of intellectual, cultural and scientific development. Politically we are still barbaric and yet to get it right religiously. We are egocentric and not interested in research and scientific advancement. We are not better than the locusts and cankerworms as our leaders are ever ready to loot our resources at their disposal.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Look At White People As Advanced Humans by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 30, 2012
Billyonaire: The painful truth is that the so called white men, are better evolved homo sapiens. Blacks are the earlier human species that existed....but whites are better evolved species. Ever thought why an average black man is selfish than average white ?

You're a disgrace to humanity, and the every epitome of stupi.dity and brainlessness. All the money invested in your education, brought to such waste. Tufiakwa.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Look At White People As Advanced Humans by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 30, 2012
igbo2011:

Daalu nwanne m nwoke. Kedu?

I agree with you though. We don't learn from our history. Divide and conquer and at the end of the day the europeans win. Rwanda and uganda are killing congoolese right now but at the end of the day europeans get the resources. We r brainwashed and its a shame. Too bad most people don't know. I'm glad people lie you are conscious. You need to spread your knowledge to more people. I'm trying to on here and through other ways.

If you look through african history we were the greatest when we united. That's how we had egypt ethiopia benin songhai mali zulu bornu wolof nri ile ife ngola kongo and more. Wemust unite and stop being so tribal.

Nwanne, a kpasaram ka akwa.

There is a general consensus amongst Europeans and their accomplices in other parts of the world that when it comes to Africa, they have "permanent interest and not permanent friends". To further their agenda, they give immunity to African leaders who comply with them to stash away stolen wealth and in turn they plunder our resources. Unsurprisingly, if you don't comply with them, they push you out of the way. Its just like a mafia like ring. To convince and influence public opinion in their domains, they classify it as working for "National interest and security" and "the benefit of their nations". Termnology is very useful and effective in this sense,hence, the philosophy of language.

I was priviledged to had first hand contact with Africans who had undergone immense suffering at the hands of bad policies on their respective countries. I met a lot of congolose at patrice lumumba university in moscow. A lot of them are orphans and so many horrible stories will make you cringe. During a brief stay in Egypt, my landlord was a very dark native Egyptian; one of the nicest person i have ever met. It is not uncommon to hear Arabs who now dominate Egypt to refer to black africans as slaves and use derogatory terms like monkeys to my face. In one occasion, I confronted them and told them to cross the Red Sea back to Arabia where they came from. It was as if a big rock fell on their heads. I refer to them as Settler Arabs and call the native blacks, real Egyptians. Since then, if the Arabs saw us passing, they hide their faces in shame. The funniest thing is that our black african muslim brothers who travel there for Islamic education are ridiculed and looked down upon by their arab masters.

What i am trying to say in essence is that experiences and reading of books relating to ones history and to a larger extent other people's history will rudely awaken their consciouness and make other races respect them and give them their space.

Our people don't know that the earliest church is Orthodox and their images of Jesus, his disciples and Mary are dark brown. This is the Church Ethopians attend. Even Egyptian European christians - descendants of the Greek invaders of ancient Egypt attend this church too till today.

No no, our people prefer bleaching their skin and exalting their colonial masters to earn glory. They prefer buying unrealistic books that promises them riches within twenty four hours.

We will continue to spread the message, but sometimes it can be very frustrating.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Look At White People As Advanced Humans by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 30, 2012

Honestly I don't know if SEUN is a collaborator with these racists for him to be allowing all this trash to be posted on this site.

SEUN do you also hate yourself like these imbeciles posting this nonsense?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Look At White People As Advanced Humans by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 30, 2012
Akpu.Nku:
weather we Africans like it or not, they are our superior and there is noting you and i or anybody can do about it

Your mother is a stinking LovePeddler. Your father an armed robber. That's why you are a ret.ard posting garbage on NL.

Waste of space and dumb slaveboy.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Look At White People As Advanced Humans by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jun 30, 2012
azzima: As blacks, our leaders declare themselves president for life.rig elections for 4th to 6th terms.

How many of the 57 African heads of state have declared themselves ''president for life''? Can you mention even 2?

we kill our fellow BLACKS for money rituals or so we can win just a local Govt elction.

Whites killed over 100 million of their own population in total in the last two major wars of the 20th century. That's about ten times more than all the blacks killed in conflict since independence. Does that make whites inferior?

our female bleach their skins to be lighter..Guys go figure....

Yeah, because they listened to ignorant lowlifes like you who tell them they look better that way.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Look At White People As Advanced Humans by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jun 30, 2012
all4naija: You are really uninformed! You know no much about Jews,simple!

Read something about American Jews and who they are?

I hear you "master". Know your league Goi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Obi Of Onitsha: I Was Saved From Attacked Train Through Phone Call / Photos From Adeyeye Enitan's Coronation As Ooni Of Ife / Aregbesola Unveils World’s Tallest Drum - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.