Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,228 members, 7,780,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:11 PM

Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? (17091 Views)

Between HP And Apple Laptops, Which Is Best? / Why Are Apple Systems So Expensive? / My Hp Laptop Makes Me Sick.are Apple Laptops Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by SSaemoenl(m): 7:51am On Jun 30, 2012
Great difference between Apple product and other OS out there. The durability alone says it All. I can go for Apple any day
Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by damilola15: 7:55am On Jun 30, 2012
Apart from functionality, they're sleek and easy on the eye.
I saved-up some time ago to buy a brand new 160GB ipod classic. I felt so reluctant to let go the money that I eventually opted for a higher capacity memory card.
Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by femary2: 8:08am On Jun 30, 2012
Apple products are more elegant and sleekly.Look at iPAd for instance,won pari ise sibe grin
Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by kingpins(m): 8:10am On Jun 30, 2012
@carmoney...you are right. I use an apple laptop and I feel like heaven everytime I use it. Simply superb. The fact is that its got excellent hardware u can use for years without a single fault. My apple laptop is nine years now. I have only changed battery once because my cousin killed it by overcharging it
Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by Eltonluigi(m): 8:10am On Jun 30, 2012
pleep: Why are polo shirts more expensive than old navy?
Last time I checked, Old Navy dey make polo t.shirt or you mean those expensive Polo by Ralph Lauren?
Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by monkeyleg: 8:15am On Jun 30, 2012
Good to see people are catching on the over pricing. Apple used to justify this when they own processors and specific hardware. That is no longer the case, there are other very good computers out there for half the price. If you are not doing media related work, then really the cost cannot be justified
Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by tennyalad(m): 8:25am On Jun 30, 2012
Because it works. If you work with graphics you will appreciate macbook series.
Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by Nobody: 8:28am On Jun 30, 2012
'Cause they're thieves, that's why. A very high end XPS (like the recently released XPS 15) or an uber souped-up Alienware with triple the specs of the MacBook Pro sells for half of that!
And for those saying OS X has in-built anti-virus and therefore is immune to attacks, 600k MacBooks are, at the moment, infected with a virus. Google it.
And those saying OS X is beautiful, go and download a release preview of Windows 8 and see heaven. Arigato.
Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by etchel(m): 8:34am On Jun 30, 2012
Over priced? Yes. But when u understand the NEED for an APPLE,then its definitely worth it.
Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by IdiAmin2(m): 8:38am On Jun 30, 2012
I can understand the arguemant here. Of course they are expensive and over-priced, I agree.
But if you can afford it, then don't go for anything else
I have had 3 generations of macbooks, currently using the Macbook Pro 15 inch. I do a lot of video & audio editing, the software runs smoothly and it's as easy as 1,2,3. For the 6 years I have been using apple,never bought an anti-virus software or had any problems with viruses.
I use DELL laptop at work everyday and Macbook Pro at home, and the experience is simply incomparable.
If you cant afford it, then get your HP or Toshiba, you can probably do the same things on there too. If you have the coins, then go for Apple, it's in a different class.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by donugapi(m): 8:46am On Jun 30, 2012
hustla:

U've answered d Q already hehehehe!!
Apples r not as commonplace as mangoes and oda fruits..conditions necc' fo plantin r different...
Forget high end HP laptops,wen u c a MacBook pro,u go fear...the same way an iMac is better than HP TouchSmart.. The same way iPhone and iDevices are generally better than most other cheap imitations..
Waiting for the iPhone 5!
Jor ooooo!!

Guy pls don't bother waiting for the iphone 5... They'll probably bring out iPhone 4Si... I just got the Galaxy SIII and i've sworn i'll never touch an Iphone ever again... I have sold my iphone 4 and I'm very glad I did..
But for the latpop sha, I wouldn't use anything else.. their OS is miles away from windows, very fast, looks good, would never get a virus on it, and would hardly hardly ever crash.. The basic Macbook is miles better than most regular PCs... All d ppl shouting here are talking cos they havent used one before. I had to try it first to realise... Its Awesome cheesy
Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by DammyFx: 8:46am On Jun 30, 2012
You Need To Get Any Of There Product And You Will See They Worth More...
Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by Dtwoabbey(m): 8:58am On Jun 30, 2012
::Andrew:::
why are apples expensive more than mango and other fruits? grin grin grin grin
because apple is a foreign fruit with a foreign juice and nutrients. O ga o,
Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by Nobody: 9:02am On Jun 30, 2012
lol at this topic - once you use an apple laptop TRUST ME you will not go back to windows.

i don't know why they are expensive but i can only buy a windows laptop as a back up - apple all the way for me o!!
Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by otosa(m): 9:04am On Jun 30, 2012
You cannot compare apple laptop with any other product, because it strong and reliable and is useful for anybody that doing computer programming and movies editing because it has online support. Apple product is standout to any other product in the world.
Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by hercules07: 9:33am On Jun 30, 2012
PCs of the same specs are as expensive, there are HP laptops that cost up to 3K USD.
Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by brightmon: 9:41am On Jun 30, 2012
with my DELL till tomorow whilw u guys buy ur 400k worth laptop.
Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by Azidogen2: 9:48am On Jun 30, 2012
all the comments above and those that will come later seem to equate the price of apple laptops to being very good but frankly speaking they don't really do anything fantastic. HP LAPTOPS COMBINING GREAT BEAUTY IN DESIGN AND COMPACTNESS COUPLED WITH ITS SUPERB INTEL PROCESSORS WITH IMPROVED COOLING METHODS ARE FAR BETTER THAN THOSE OF APPLE EVEN AT THEIR LOWER PRICES.FOR EXAMPLE, THE IPHONE BEING VERY COSTLY YET IT CANNOT DO CERTAIN BASIC PHONE FUNCTIONALITIES WHEREBY YOU CANNOT MAKE GOOD CALLS DUE TO ANTENNA ISSUES, UNABLE TO DO BLUETOOTH FILE TRANSFERS THAT HAS BEEN EXISTING IN EVEN CHEAP JAVA NOKIA PHONES; SO YOU CAN SEE THAT PRICE IN MOST CASES DOES NOT EQUATE TO FUNCTIONALITY AS IN THE CASE OF APPLE LAPTOPS, TABLETS AND IPHONES. BEFORE YOU SAY APPLE PRODUCTS ARE BETTER THAN OTHERS ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE ACTUALLY USED THEM RATHER THAN JUST RELY ON MISGUIDED OR INCOMPLETE INFORMATION FROM INTERNET SITES. undecided undecided cool
Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by otumfour(m): 9:54am On Jun 30, 2012
grin grin grin grin look @ them tryna diss my elEgant MAC family, for starters, Apple products gives u tht same wow shocked, excited grin, cool wink, feeling u had the first day u purchased one, even 5 years after using it and tht my friends is a great selling point for me.........I'll buy such products anytime and tht is not just for everyone......

all my friends after trying out my Apple products have gone apple and never looked back........

ever seen a laptop with a protective casing before? yes! only MACS can pull tht off grin

try using a MAC track pad shocked and u'll view a windows laptop as a 1985 device lol,

and pls lets not start with MAC OS X shocked

battery life shocked, try a mac and u'll be amazed, wtf do they put in 'em lappy's, I actually don't remember the last time I actually turned of my laptop...like really cheesy

THEY ARE EXPENSIVE FOR A REASON PEOPLE AND THEY ARE WORTH EVERY PENNY, WHY BUY SOMETHING THT U'LL END UP LOOSING INTEREST IN AFTER A FEW WEEKS OF USE, WHEN U CAN GET A MAC THT WILL GET U STILL WOW'ING EVEN AFTER 5 YEARS OF USE wink

NOW, GO AHEAD AND GET A MAC wink

SOME SCREEN SHOTS

Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by otumfour(m): 10:01am On Jun 30, 2012
MAC LAPTOPS IN PROTECTIVE CASINGS grin grin grin grin, ONLY MACS CAN PULL IT OFF........ELEGANTLY STYLISH grin grin

Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by ektbear: 10:17am On Jun 30, 2012
hercules07: PCs of the same specs are as expensive, there are HP laptops that cost up to 3K USD.

Any HP that costs the same as a Mac will absolutely murder the Mac in terms of specs.

All I know is, Apple is a wonderful STOCK to own (and I say this as an Apple shareholder).

But for the same reason they are wonderful for investors, they are not a company a budget-conscious person should be looking to buy major hardware from.
Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by chucky234(m): 10:22am On Jun 30, 2012
Apple products are expensive not just because of the quality but the amount charged per product by the third party companies that manufactures Apple brand of gadgets in China,all Apple products are manufacture by third party companies in China who put in extra effort to make a worldclass piece of gadgets that shoot Apple from a mere spectator to a worldclass innovative company.

For example,Foxconn (the manufacturer of Iphones and Ipads for Apple) have their workers work day and night to make sure the keep Apple tradition of quality going,but with that said I think all Apple products are overpriced especially the iphones and ipads.
I bought a Macbook last year but never enjoy it as I would have love to because of the screen problem it developed and was forced to sell it off for 80k.
Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by Dhelake: 10:29am On Jun 30, 2012
I tire oh, The most craziest thing is that They dont use pirated software, afta buyin 4 250k, i'll stil av to buy expensive software, i prefer hp products
Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by ancelotegauvin(m): 10:35am On Jun 30, 2012
all kind of apple soft are available. Please contact with me on skype mosharaf_s
all are free...
Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by lavita2(f): 10:36am On Jun 30, 2012
I've been using the Mac for more than a month now. I must confess, it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. grin. Worth every penny I paid. RIP PC cool

1 Like

Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by Dhelake: 10:39am On Jun 30, 2012
hustla:

U've answered d Q already hehehehe!!
Apples r not as commonplace as mangoes and oda fruits..conditions necc' fo plantin r different...
Forget high end HP laptops,wen u c a MacBook pro,u go fear...the same way an iMac is better than HP TouchSmart.. The same way iPhone and iDevices are generally better than most other cheap imitations..
Waiting for the iPhone 5!
Jor ooooo!!
c mouth like 'cheap imitations',the tech used in apple ipad4 that makes it compatible wit 4G was stolen 4rm samsung, 4 every ipad4 sold, apple pays a part of it to samsung, also, of all tech companies, apple has more lawsuits dan other cos they steal virtually all their inventions 4rm other tech companies
Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by omosexy1: 10:43am On Jun 30, 2012
A lot of people have said so my contribution doesnt matter much. I remember purchasing and using my besuty (d name I call my macbook pro) till date I have no worries, it serves me so well, it doesnt hang, I don't worry about viruses or anti-virus update. It just simply beautiful and a different experience. I swear to you each time I use a windows PC (laptop or desktop) I hiss all the time. If you have the money don't think about it just purchase, if you don't abeg try save.
Re: Why Are Apple Laptops So Freaking Expensive? Really? by sewengeezy(m): 10:51am On Jun 30, 2012
Go 2 their company/factory nd Ask ur dump question..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Free Modem Unlocker Software / How To Share Internet On My Laptop Through WIFI / Ten Most Common Laptop Problems And Their Solutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.