Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

Boko Haram: NSA Dasuki Adopts New Tactics, Meets Shuwa, Abba Kyari, Ciroma - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: NSA Dasuki Adopts New Tactics, Meets Shuwa, Abba Kyari, Ciroma (8419 Views)

Abba Kyari Meets Ambode After The Rescue Of Kidnapped Lagos Schoolgirls / Olufemi Olu-kayode Reacts To Abba Kyari's Appointment As Buhari's Chief Of Staff / Abba Kyari, Chief-of-staff To President Buhari (profile) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram: NSA Dasuki Adopts New Tactics, Meets Shuwa, Abba Kyari, Ciroma by youngies(m): 6:28am On Jun 30, 2012
The National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd), yesterday continued his shuttle of trouble spots by meeting with elders in Borno State.

It was learnt that Dasuki has opted for dialogue instead of carrying the battle to the doorstep of Boko Haram.

Investigation revealed that the NSA had closed door session with Borno elders, including a former Minister of Communications, Gen. Mohammed Shuwa; ex-Military Governor of the North-East, Brig-Gen. Abba Kyari; Emeritus Professor of Medicine, Umaru Shehu; Ambassador Usman Galtimari (who recently headed a presidential committee on the crisis in the North-East) and a former President of the Nigeria Labour Congress(NLC), Comrade Ali Ciroma.

A reliable source, who spoke in confidence, said: "The NSA is trying to change his tactics. He is exploring dialogue with all leaders in the troubled spots. He said instead of taking the battle to the doorstep of Boko Haram, it is better to facilitate dialogue.

"He is engaging all these leaders in order to mobilise them to play key roles in prevailing on the sponsors of Boko Haram to sheathe their swords. The truth is that some of the sponsors are known to the locals.

"And Northern leaders are working covertly to assist him to restore peace to all the affected states in the North."

Asked if the government will concede anything to Boko Haram leaders, the source said: "We have not got to that level because the NSA is reaching out to the elders to facilitate dialogue on terms acceptable to all."

But the NSA said yesterday that he has not fixed any timeline to put an end to the Boko Haram insurgency.

He said he did not make any January 20 commitment to resolve the violence in the North.

A statement issued on Friday by the Special Assistant to the NSA on Media, Karounwi Adekunle, said: "The NSA has denied reports quoting him as putting a timeline to the end of Boko Haram Islamist sect hostility in parts of the country.

"The NSA, who is on tour of some states where Boko Haram hostility has been rampant to meet stakeholders in such areas, was quoted in some media reports to have said that an end will come to Boko Haram hostility before the commencement of Ramadan Fast.

"The NSA never at any forum in Potiskum, Damaturu, both Yobe State on Thursday or today in Maiduguri, Borno State said he will bring an end to the sect's hostility before the start of Ramadan fast.

"His cogent message in all the meetings he's held so far with some stakeholders is the need for leaders to reach out and prevail on Boko Haram members to cease fire so as to create room for dialogue.

"This clarification has become necessary to avoid further spread of this misinformation and unnecessary insinuations."

http://channelkoos.com/index.php/news/1891-boko-haram-nsa-dasuki-adopts-new-tactics-meets-shuwa-abba-kyari-ciroma

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: NSA Dasuki Adopts New Tactics, Meets Shuwa, Abba Kyari, Ciroma by jmaine: 7:10am On Jun 30, 2012
[size=14pt]He is engaging all these leaders in order to mobilise them to play key roles in prevailing on the sponsors of Boko Haram to sheathe their swords. The truth is that some of the sponsors are known to the locals.[/size]

We knew and kept saying this.One of the main reason why the usual radical KD Christian struck in the manner they did
Re: Boko Haram: NSA Dasuki Adopts New Tactics, Meets Shuwa, Abba Kyari, Ciroma by Murphy7h4: 9:42am On Jun 30, 2012
Much appreciated
Re: Boko Haram: NSA Dasuki Adopts New Tactics, Meets Shuwa, Abba Kyari, Ciroma by deltaforce7(m): 9:53am On Jun 30, 2012
Whatever strategy that restores peace to the troubled north -bred insurgency group called Boko Haram IS ACCEPTABLE by me. Truth is that the sponsors are well known to the locals as stated for they live among them. Peace, the way of peace, is what will move this nation forward. Too many troubles already.
Re: Boko Haram: NSA Dasuki Adopts New Tactics, Meets Shuwa, Abba Kyari, Ciroma by israelbenzion: 9:53am On Jun 30, 2012
well, wat eva will work shd be brought on.
Re: Boko Haram: NSA Dasuki Adopts New Tactics, Meets Shuwa, Abba Kyari, Ciroma by kinguwem: 9:57am On Jun 30, 2012
The NSA should have an option B. He should not put all his eggs in a one basket. Boko haram has international connections. The war cannot be won only by prevailing on elders who are equally scarced of the sect. The NSA should liaise with countries that have intelligence information about the mode of operation of the group. Finally, the NSA should know that negotiations with terrorism is usually a conter-productive short term solution. He shall be fully prepared for war with them. He should borrow a leaf from the Israelis and Americans.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: NSA Dasuki Adopts New Tactics, Meets Shuwa, Abba Kyari, Ciroma by ebgbest(m): 9:59am On Jun 30, 2012
To ma crap brain sumtin iz honestly wrong here, if our government keep dialogin wit terroist/millitant den soon all d geo-political zone will soon hav a sect... Niger delta Millitant are nw all big boyz travelin around d world 4 tranin witout payin kobo n nw boko haram......smh

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: NSA Dasuki Adopts New Tactics, Meets Shuwa, Abba Kyari, Ciroma by ifihearam: 10:00am On Jun 30, 2012
Good steps in the right direction.
If you want to catch a monkey you must behave like one hence GEJ is using of their own to deal with them,whatever he advises GEJ will authorise beccause all fingers will be pointed at him(dasuki).
Re: Boko Haram: NSA Dasuki Adopts New Tactics, Meets Shuwa, Abba Kyari, Ciroma by Nyce1: 10:02am On Jun 30, 2012
NSA more grease to ur Elbows, I sincerely hop ur efforts wil yield possitive result
Re: Boko Haram: NSA Dasuki Adopts New Tactics, Meets Shuwa, Abba Kyari, Ciroma by slimming: 10:09am On Jun 30, 2012
He really need to meet them.
Re: Boko Haram: NSA Dasuki Adopts New Tactics, Meets Shuwa, Abba Kyari, Ciroma by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 30, 2012
'\
ebgbest: To ma crap brain sumtin iz honestly wrong here, if our government keep dialogin wit terroist/millitant den soon all d geo-political zone will soon hav a sect... Niger delta Millitant are nw all big boyz travelin around d world 4 tranin witout payin kobo n nw boko haram......smh

What is wrong with you? What country have you been living in? Haven't you been following the "Military Joint Task Force" use of force on them; has it been working? Come on man, the change of strategy is a welcome development. If you still insist on using force and more lives being lost, I have no problem with that but would have to conscript you into the military, have you join the JTF and lead the fight, militarily?

Dasuki is an IBB boy. Groomed for most of his military service on solid intelligence and security. He knows how to approach this and who to contact to bring this under control. You think this is an easy job: you see this guy metaphorically is not afraid to ride the camel to dialogue with his kinsmen. Adeze "Aziza" whatever is name is, sat his fat ass in the Villa.

The positions of NSA and Minister of defense should be left to the northerners. This is their expertise. Don't ask me why because they have ruled this country for more than 40 yrs and understand the dynamics of the country. I am awaiting the appointment of Maj. General Akilu, another IBB boy as minister of defense. He is currently being vetted. These people alone can solve this Boko Haram problem through "intelligence" not "militarily". Jonathan has been advised on this and he is bringing IBB boys in full throttle.

Ask Obasanjo why he chose another IBB boy, Gusau as NSA. If you think you can run this country without IBB's assistance, it will not work and Jonathan is understanding now. So bring them on board. Hilltop Villa in Minna is the de facto Nigerian Intelligence Headquarter.

Some facts
IBB in 1986 founded the nation security system below and still have 80% of his boys still running it today:

State Security Service (SSS) - Responsible for domestic intelligence
National Intelligence Agency (NIA) - Responsible for Foreign intelligence and counterintelligence operations
Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA) - Responsible for military intelligence

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Intelligence_Agency_%28Nigeria%29

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: NSA Dasuki Adopts New Tactics, Meets Shuwa, Abba Kyari, Ciroma by bombwar(m): 10:12am On Jun 30, 2012
kinguwem: The NSA should have an option B. He should not put all his eggs in a one basket. Boko haram has international connections. The war cannot be won only by prevailing on elders who are equally scarced of the sect. The NSA should liaise with countries that have intelligence information about the mode of operation of the group. Finally, the NSA should know that negotiations with terrorism is usually a conter-productive short term solution. He shall be fully prepared for war with them. He should borrow a leaf from the Israelis and Americans.
you seem to have a point and sounds inteligent,but i employ you to check ur spellings,they re so bad,and can make one unable to read through it,eventhough they maybe intelligent.cheers
Re: Boko Haram: NSA Dasuki Adopts New Tactics, Meets Shuwa, Abba Kyari, Ciroma by jydeayanx: 10:14am On Jun 30, 2012
I hope something gud comes out of it o. I pray it will not boomerang

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: NSA Dasuki Adopts New Tactics, Meets Shuwa, Abba Kyari, Ciroma by bombwar(m): 10:15am On Jun 30, 2012
[quote author=ebgbest]To ma crap brain sumtin iz honestly wrong here, if our government keep dialogin wit terroist/millitant den soon all d geo-political zone will soon hav a sect... Niger delta Millitant are nw all big boyz travelin around d world 4 tranin witout payin kobo n nw boko haram......smh[/quote

you know this abbreviation of words have done more harms than good in this country.We now have more retards and lunatics like you.just go through ur post
Re: Boko Haram: NSA Dasuki Adopts New Tactics, Meets Shuwa, Abba Kyari, Ciroma by Nobody: 10:17am On Jun 30, 2012
Do not dialogue with terrorists, it gives them edge. Strike them and Strike their sponsors and their families mercilessly.
Re: Boko Haram: NSA Dasuki Adopts New Tactics, Meets Shuwa, Abba Kyari, Ciroma by lacasa: 10:26am On Jun 30, 2012
He is in Borno?

Thot his Oga said the airport is bad n dats Ɣ he hasn't Gone

Abi them don repair am

#coward C in C
Re: Boko Haram: NSA Dasuki Adopts New Tactics, Meets Shuwa, Abba Kyari, Ciroma by ebgbest(m): 10:30am On Jun 30, 2012
[quote author=bomb-war][/quote] senior, i take your correction but why the insult?? Grow up

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: NSA Dasuki Adopts New Tactics, Meets Shuwa, Abba Kyari, Ciroma by emmykk(m): 10:32am On Jun 30, 2012
jydeayanx: I hope something gud comes out of it o. I pray it will not boomerang
Am angry and bitter.i hate nigeria.this is what wil happen next.
Dusaki WANT to settle boko haram members like niger delta militant,so if a hot headed youth pick arms against nigeria the next thing is 2 settle them.what happen 2 the army of law abiding unemployed graduates and others? Bet me 2moro anoda group wil sprang up.today militants are been paid 4 that crime of oil war.am a deltan am not smiling.
Re: Boko Haram: NSA Dasuki Adopts New Tactics, Meets Shuwa, Abba Kyari, Ciroma by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 30, 2012
emmykk: Am angry and bitter.i hate nigeria.this is what wil happen next.
Dusaki WANT to settle boko haram members like niger delta militant,so if a hot headed youth pick arms against nigeria the next thing is 2 settle them.what happen 2 the army of law abiding unemployed graduates and others? Bet me 2moro anoda group wil sprang up.today militants are been paid 4 that crime of oil war.am a deltan am not smiling.

You are making a point, but we are running out of solutions/options, the nation is being thrown into anarchy gradually if this is not settled NOW. If you object dialogue, Propose a solution to the problem?
Re: Boko Haram: NSA Dasuki Adopts New Tactics, Meets Shuwa, Abba Kyari, Ciroma by ebamma(m): 10:45am On Jun 30, 2012
watching mode activated.
Re: Boko Haram: NSA Dasuki Adopts New Tactics, Meets Shuwa, Abba Kyari, Ciroma by kutchs: 10:45am On Jun 30, 2012
lacasa: He is in Borno?

Thot his Oga said the airport is bad n dats Ɣ he hasn't Gone

Abi them don repair am

#coward C in C
His oga is the president and he is the NSA. He doesnt fly ‘Air Force 1‘ his oga does and the Maiduguri airport is not conducive to accomondate that.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: NSA Dasuki Adopts New Tactics, Meets Shuwa, Abba Kyari, Ciroma by meksroland: 10:46am On Jun 30, 2012
I Knew from day one that ciroma is the major sponsor
Re: Boko Haram: NSA Dasuki Adopts New Tactics, Meets Shuwa, Abba Kyari, Ciroma by meksroland: 10:52am On Jun 30, 2012
I'm not among those begging BH to sheathe their sword. Let them go to hell so we can just go our separate ways. Even the bible said it that nothing you will do for a wicked man for him to repent. Suffer not a wicked man to live. Dialogue with them and it will be the turn of other zone too
Re: Boko Haram: NSA Dasuki Adopts New Tactics, Meets Shuwa, Abba Kyari, Ciroma by ebgbest(m): 10:54am On Jun 30, 2012
Danka7777: '\

What is wrong with you? What country have you been living in? Haven't you been following the "Military Joint Task Force" use of force on them; has it been working? Come on man, the change of strategy is a welcome development. If you still insist on using force and more lives being lost, I have no problem with that but would have to conscript you into the military, have you join the JTF and lead the fight, militarily?

Dasuki is an IBB boy. Groomed for most of his military service on solid intelligence and security. He knows how to approach this and who to contact to bring this under control. You think this is an easy job: you see this guy metaphorically is not afraid to ride the camel to dialogue with his kinsmen. Adeze "Aziza" whatever is name is, sat his fat ass in the Villa.

The positions of NSA and Minister of defense should be left to the northerners. This is their expertise. Don't ask me why because they have ruled this country for more than 40 yrs and understand the dynamics of the country. I am awaiting the appointment of Maj. General Akilu, another IBB boy as minister of defense. He is currently being vetted. These people alone can solve this Boko Haram problem through "intelligence" not "militarily". Jonathan has been advised on this and he is bringing IBB boys in full throttle.

Ask Obasanjo why he chose another IBB boy, Gusau as NSA. If you think you can run this country without IBB's assistance, it will not work and Jonathan is understanding now. So bring them on board. Hilltop Villa in Minna is the de facto Nigerian Intelligence Headquarter.

Some facts
IBB in 1986 founded the nation security system below and still have 80% of his boys still running it today:

State Security Service (SSS) - Responsible for domestic intelligence
National Intelligence Agency (NIA) - Responsible for Foreign intelligence and counterintelligence operations
Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA) - Responsible for military intelligence

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Intelligence_Agency_%28Nigeria%29

on point man..... Bt wat happen next when people from other zone say mid-belt, the massob,opc decide to raise their arm against the government again...... Why can our government ask for help from other nation
Re: Boko Haram: NSA Dasuki Adopts New Tactics, Meets Shuwa, Abba Kyari, Ciroma by Nobody: 11:00am On Jun 30, 2012
ebgbest: on point man..... Bt wat happen next when people from other zone say mid-belt, the massob,opc decide to raise their arm against the government again...... Why can our government ask for help from other nation

The same "approach" given to MEND and Boko Haram would be give to them. Dialogue first - then Force - Back to dialogue with possible rehabilitation.
Re: Boko Haram: NSA Dasuki Adopts New Tactics, Meets Shuwa, Abba Kyari, Ciroma by cheddarking(m): 11:32am On Jun 30, 2012
I believe President Jonathan is silly to explore dialogue with Boko Haram...unless of course he's trying to lull them into a state of false security before striking and crushing them.

I think that even now the Government should be massively overhauling(weeding out the shit) and recruiting the police force raising the minimum salary to at least 150k as incentive.
This will kill to birds with one stone: provide jobs, and enlarging the security force.

I also think jonathan needs to make scapegoats out of certain high placed political figures. Imagine what the public execution of people like IBB,or Buhari would mean for his ratings? There would be public outcry, but the masses will love him. And if the masses are on HIS side, his opponents will fear him.

In short, I think for now, Nigeria needs a dictator not a president. Someone strong willed and principled, but also dangerous and brutal.
Re: Boko Haram: NSA Dasuki Adopts New Tactics, Meets Shuwa, Abba Kyari, Ciroma by Abali1(m): 12:25pm On Jun 30, 2012
cheddarking: I believe President Jonathan is silly to explore dialogue with Boko Haram...unless of course he's trying to lull them into a state of false security before striking and crushing them.

I think that even now the Government should be massively overhauling(weeding out the shit) and recruiting the police force raising the minimum salary to at least 150k as incentive.
This will kill to birds with one stone: provide jobs, and enlarging the security force.

I also think jonathan needs to make scapegoats out of certain high placed political figures. Imagine what the public execution of people like IBB,or Buhari would mean for his ratings? There would be public outcry, but the masses will love him. And if the masses are on HIS side, his opponents will fear him.

In short, I think for now, Nigeria needs a dictator not a president. Someone strong willed and principled, but also dangerous and brutal.

This is so on point.
I said something similar after the post election violence. Even though I supported Buhari then, I said make some top Northern leaders a scape goat. After the initial public outcry, others will just respect themselves and bid their time.
Now GEJ is saying BH, has taking priority in his governance.
Re: Boko Haram: NSA Dasuki Adopts New Tactics, Meets Shuwa, Abba Kyari, Ciroma by tinnymerit(m): 12:29pm On Jun 30, 2012
deltaforce7: Whatever strategy that restores peace to the troubled north -bred insurgency group called Boko Haram IS ACCEPTABLE by me. Truth is that the sponsors are well known to the locals as stated for they live among them. Peace, the way of peace, is what will move this nation forward. Too many troubles already.
even when they clamour for sultan to rule Nigeria and also for us not to be going to western schools again but quaranic schools?.No good country dialogue with terrorists no matter how violent they might be,they will never be satisfied only they will turn themselves to oliver twist asking for more.my take.
Re: Boko Haram: NSA Dasuki Adopts New Tactics, Meets Shuwa, Abba Kyari, Ciroma by lacasa: 1:45pm On Jun 30, 2012
kutchs: His oga is the president and he is the NSA. He doesnt fly ‘Air Force 1‘ his oga does and the Maiduguri airport is not conducive to accomondate that.

Air Force 1

Wen did Obama join PDPgrin

Plus, Road no dey

i repeat #coward C in C

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: NSA Dasuki Adopts New Tactics, Meets Shuwa, Abba Kyari, Ciroma by youngies(m): 1:51pm On Jun 30, 2012
Ciroma, Ciroma, Ciroma . . . why does his name keep re-occurring? lipsrsealed
Re: Boko Haram: NSA Dasuki Adopts New Tactics, Meets Shuwa, Abba Kyari, Ciroma by baslone: 1:52pm On Jun 30, 2012
cheddarking: I believe President Jonathan is silly to explore dialogue with Boko Haram...unless of course he's trying to lull them into a state of false security before striking and crushing them.

[b]I also think jonathan needs to make scapegoats out of certain high placed political figures. Imagine what the public execution of people like IBB,or Buhari would mean for his ratings? [/b]There would be public outcry, but the masses will love him. And if the masses are on HIS side, his opponents will fear him.

Easier said that done!

Abacha ate a prostitute's apple, convulsed and dropped dead, there's more
to the story than that.GEJ is not that stupid.

A soldier will always be a soldier till death. Even OBJ rise to the occasion. The
military is like a cult- you don't want to mess with them.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: NSA Dasuki Adopts New Tactics, Meets Shuwa, Abba Kyari, Ciroma by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 30, 2012
baslone:

Easier said that done!

Abacha ate a prostitute's apple, convulsed and dropped dead, there's more
to the story than that.GEJ is not that stupid.

A soldier will always be a soldier till death. Even OBJ rise to the occasion. The
military is like a cult- you don't want to mess with them.

Who told you Abacha ate a prostitute's apple? You and many Nigerians need to desensitize yourselves of all the lies told about Abacha. History will some day pronounced Abacha the best leader Nigeria ever had. I know this is hard to swallow now. Have you asked yourself this question: Is it sensible and rational that they were able to trace billions of dollars stolen by Abacha in foreign accounts and not a penny or cent, not even a kobo was traced to IBB, Obasanjo, Abubakar and many others? After you asked yourself this question, take a deep breath, relax and think!

You want to know why? Read this book: Confessions of an Economic Hit Man.
Also read this: http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/36564-why-i-did-not-succeed-abacha-jerry-useni.html

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abia Distributes 202 Cars To Youths / Fani-Koyode: EFCC Files 17-count Charge Against Ex Minister / Power Sector Loses N534b In 356 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.