Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,863 members, 7,806,445 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne (8274 Views)

Download All Tracks: Modenine - Occupy The Throne Mixtapes / Modenine - Occupy The Throne (download) / M.I Abaga - Illegal Music 2 MI2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by DSoj(m): 12:51pm On Jul 01, 2012
javalove:

These names you are typing shows u know very little about the kind of rap Modenine does. . .I can't tell you more than that. . . Comparing Naeto C, Ice prince etc to Mode says alot about your appreciation for realness and lyricism. .

Like I said, threads like this bring insult to Mode. . .

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!

Bros...collu down...read am well...I said MI woke dose people up and de all started adding flavor to deir rap. Wat is Mode rapping naw? In 2012? Still doing gangsta hardcore? Things av changed mhennn...whoz gonna buy it? E go tey 4 dere. MI rules mhennnn. Where is Elajoe sef? Rememba wen Nas came to Nigeria, de were jumpin up and down d stage..wat happened afta...? LoL.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 01, 2012

1 Like

Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by DSoj(m): 12:57pm On Jul 01, 2012
Dhelake: u're callin Eldee an upcoming artise ... This shws u knw nothin

Don't be sentimental and try to read well...I didn't say El-Dee is up coming, I meant al dis guys dat started out as rappers, citing El-Dee and Dr Sid as examples. Wat are de doing today? De don't dare rap like b4, becos a real rapper is on d scene...MI... Ya heard
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by Dhelake: 1:00pm On Jul 01, 2012
D'Soj:

Don't be sentimental and try to read well...I didn't say El-Dee is up coming, I meant al dis guys dat started out as rappers, citing El-Dee and Dr Sid as examples. Wat are de doing today? De don't dare rap like b4, becos a real rapper is on d scene...MI... Ya heard
Got that

1 Like

Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by Dipwater(m): 1:04pm On Jul 01, 2012
@dsoj pls how long have u been inda game ? M I didn't wake anybody up it wus just his time ,I guess u started appreciating rap music when M I came up . My man truheads don dey listen to mode far back. I think naija appreciates commercial music a lot. Evribody wants to dance, but there are few pips out there dat trully listen to music cuz of the lines

1 Like

Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by DSoj(m): 1:19pm On Jul 01, 2012
Cassius Clay what i do to the List-ah
Rappers are vex ah
Chasing MI with a vespa
Some na keke NAPEPs ah
Not a threats sir
MI is a jet sir
Fly higher that IRS ah
Helicopter flow, tyreless ah
These rappers are kids ah
Low connection wireless ah
See d track list
MI paving the way, John the Baptist
MI doing d thing round the atlas
Rappers blowing up and MI the catalyst
Lol. Lol. Lol

1 Like

Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by kannymoore(m): 1:31pm On Jul 01, 2012
^^....*dancing*..,

.AFRICAN RAPPER NUMBER ONE Oooo!
M.I MICROPHONE MAGICIAN Oooooo!!!!!

grin^^....*dancing*..,

.AFRICAN RAPPER NUMBER ONE Oooo!
M.I MICROPHONE MAGICIAN Oooooo!!!!!
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 01, 2012

1 Like

Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by DSoj(m): 1:41pm On Jul 01, 2012
Dipwater: @dsoj pls how long have u been inda game ? M I didn't wake anybody up it wus just his time ,I guess u started appreciating rap music when M I came up . My man truheads don dey listen to mode far back. I think naija appreciates commercial music a lot. Evribody wants to dance, but there are few pips out there dat trully listen to music cuz of the lines

No be today...we don de hear rap since d days of MC hammer, we fit small o, but we know rap, we know music..we hear Nas, Coolio, ice cube, dr dre, xhibit, master p, snoop, method man, nutty by nature, 2pac baba, biggie, heavy d, ludacris, eazy e...we con enta Naija...if music genre is not originally urs d best U can do is to make it ur and allow ur home bas feel U.. Who is feeling Mode? D best he has done is hate rap which don't last. MI has classics. In short I no talk again. MI rules simple..EOD
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by Wordsmith(m): 2:03pm On Jul 01, 2012
Illegal Music II was a piss poor sequel to Illegal Music I and a sore dissapointment. God, i couldn't the number of times i had to skip tracks. The sampling was shabbily done compared to the previous mixtape, MI now sounds complacent with his flow and delivery, it was like there was a missing component.

Arguably the best song - Export; had Yung 6ix sonning MI on the track.

Only teenyboppers would enjoy IM2, serious heads would dislike this mixtape.

I have not heard OTT but i hope it is what i've heard it is. By the way, Sauce Kid's Da Ripoff still tops has Naija's best mixtape.

1 Like

Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by nejifresh(m): 2:41pm On Jul 01, 2012
Wordsmith: Illegal Music II was a piss poor sequel to Illegal Music I and a sore dissapointment. God, i couldn't the number of times i had to skip tracks. The sampling was shabbily done compared to the previous mixtape, MI now sounds complacent with his flow and delivery, it was like there was a missing component.

I have not heard OTT but i hope it is what i've heard it is. By the way, Sauce Kid's Da Ripoff still tops has Naija's best mixtape.

Dude you must be one of them biased haters who dont know shit about hip hop. Kids like you only rate MC's based on how crappy they spit. No disrespect to MODE, but he aint in the same league with MI. its like comparing KRS 1 to PAC.

1 Like

Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by DSoj(m): 2:53pm On Jul 01, 2012
grin
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by DSoj(m): 2:57pm On Jul 01, 2012
Wordsmith: Illegal Music II was a piss poor sequel to Illegal Music I and a sore dissapointment. God, i couldn't the number of times i had to skip tracks. The sampling was shabbily done compared to the previous mixtape, MI now sounds complacent with his flow and delivery, it was like there was a missing component.

Stop hating bro..and stop sentiments.. I think U shld av ur own radio show..I'm not even comparing dem now. But 4 U 2 make dose statements, its nothing but sentimental overblown obvious hate
....Drink water
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by eghost247(m): 3:19pm On Jul 01, 2012
[size=13pt]shaking my head at some of the posts on this thread do you guys even listen to music [/size]
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by babakb: 4:04pm On Jul 01, 2012
i realy feel for mr redeye, personally i am a huge fan of gangsta hadcore rap cus de yanki guys dat do dese hardcore raps are real gansters, some of dem from the streets, drug dealers, bastards, pimps so dey gangsta rap from real life experience,
but mode9 is a mama and papa boy, not a gangster and dat means whatever he says is a lie, and with dis he cant occupy any throne, MI did a gangsta track when it was necessary " wild wild west" better get ur gun better get ur vests cus de jtown is the wild wild west, because it was happeing for real, mode9 is just faking it.
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by Sholexyz(m): 4:17pm On Jul 01, 2012
Lyrics on d wall hiphop award 4th straight yr mode av won it. He is way beta dan mi,u guys try listen 2 elbow room by mode u def luv him.
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by mikuz(m): 4:44pm On Jul 01, 2012

Loose Kaynon outshined him in Lost and Phenom dusted him in 6ft 7ft.

3 Likes

Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by OBANEB: 4:46pm On Jul 01, 2012
Mi can't b compared to mode 9. Mi flows with the nigeria flavor while mode 9 is more of a copy car,wanna be rapstar. He can't do it better than them neither can he occupy their throne coz there is none for him to occupy in naija with his type of music
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by DSoj(m): 5:34pm On Jul 01, 2012
And that’s when I realized that we came to play a great part
Even brave heart had a late start,
Even the great artists make fake art,
Until they realized just who they’re,
We are movies stars but we are not aware,
Of the who or the what, the why we are here,
Looking up into the sky, tryna dry your tears,
Waiting on a hero and deny a peer,
And what my message is? is that is really you,
Meant to change the drama baby,
That you going through,
You’re the change, you’re the hope, you’re the miracle,
You are all the strength you need in times unbearable,
Nothing is given freely but we can live ideally,
If we can seize the moment and only be the proponent,
It took a moment but now I get it,
The world is waiting on me mehn
I’m fucking epic
Real lines. Word. Mr Incredible
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by RuuDie(m): 5:36pm On Jul 01, 2012
Haven't heard I.M.2 but this O.T.T *ish is ILL! If I.M.2 tops this, I will be very, very impressed!
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by ayobase(m): 6:01pm On Jul 01, 2012
Dhelake: Illegal music2 was ntin more dan a mixtape buh occupy the throne was an hardcore rap music ... Not 4 babies .. Moddy Baba

I still wonder why other rhythmic contemporary rappers are being compared to Mode 9, d hardcore rapper.
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by temi101: 6:45pm On Jul 01, 2012
i love this thread...mode9 occupy the throne all the way, ddint skip a single track, MI's was ok but as regards real hiphop modo bleeped it up as in literally "COITUS INTERRUPTUS"....that line was crazy......plus original monarch, no coronation...Mode is Kings hands Down......

1 Like

Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by javalove(m): 7:14pm On Jul 01, 2012
D'Soj:
And that’s when I realized that we came to play a great part
Even brave heart had a late start,
Even the great artists make fake art,
Until they realized just who they’re,
We are movies stars but we are not aware,
Of the who or the what, the why we are here,
Looking up into the sky, tryna dry your tears,
Waiting on a hero and deny a peer,
And what my message is? is that is really you,
Meant to change the drama baby,
That you going through,
You’re the change, you’re the hope, you’re the miracle,
You are all the strength you need in times unbearable,
Nothing is given freely but we can live ideally,
If we can seize the moment and only be the proponent,
It took a moment but now I get it,
The world is waiting on me mehn
I’m fucking epic
Real lines. Word. Mr Incredible

I laugh. . . See e don tey wey i dey lecture small heads like you. . . Go watch the original BET cypher video and hear how your hero introduced Modenine. . . thats all I can tell you. .

1 Like

Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by BabaEleko(m): 9:11pm On Jul 01, 2012
javalove:

I laugh. . . See e don tey wey i dey lecture small heads like you. . . Go watch the original BET cypher video and hear how your hero introduced Modenine. . . thats all I can tell you. .

Na u dey wahala urself java. Me don talk my own commot. Most of these kids be 90's product wey wizkid and ice prince don dabaru dia head. Na u get time nah. I know know which main proof people want again before den go accept say 9 na naija rap legend.

2 Likes

Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 01, 2012
sauce kid is d only nigerian rapper i dont skip his album i never understand this mode9 sentiment we all kno he is a gud lyricist but seriously tupac and biggie is dead and nigeria has moved on. his kind of rap i swear i ve done my best to like it i keep buyin it but all cds by mode9 i ever bought i cant like more dan 3 tracks and dats very bad. its really funny but i ll still buy his next album. give me saucekid any day he is u kno wat i mean
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by edoyad(m): 10:45pm On Jul 01, 2012
suniblu: sauce kid is d only nigerian rapper i dont skip his album i never understand this mode9 sentiment we all kno he is a gud lyricist but seriously tupac and biggie is dead and nigeria has moved on. his kind of rap i swear i ve done my best to like it i keep buyin it but all cds by mode9 i ever bought i cant like more dan 3 tracks and dats very bad. its really funny but i ll still buy his next album. give me saucekid any day he is u kno wat i mean

Sauce who?? grin
Mode will add him to that his rice and chicken before fcking the beat up on his head.
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by Iveanyi: 12:59am On Jul 02, 2012
[quote author=nejifresh]

Dude you must be one of them biased haters who dont know shit about hip hop. Kids like you only rate MC's based on how crappy they spit. No disrespect to MODE, but he aint in the same league with MI. its like comparing KRS 1 to PAC.
Hard 2 get ur point bro...
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by Trojan00(m): 4:18am On Jul 02, 2012
Abeg who started all these mixtape album shit in nigeria- M.I not modenine.... Mode9 is jux tryin too hard to show dat his head is still there. Dnt get me wrong mode is dope but abegi joooor. Mi has done a lot recently IM1 , MI : the movie, IM2 in lesss than 2yrs. Mode is fresher hw many works has he done in recently since da vinci mode. . Even most of those songs in his new mixtape her not even up to 3mins haba. Abeg mode shud ve a sit nd watch MI on d throne #Nuffsaid
Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by nelly4(f): 6:49am On Jul 02, 2012
what d phuck is going on ih here, ur all making statements like MI is dis Mode is that...to start with Mode is yet to get his match in Nigeria......didnt any of u guy c the BET Cypher or were u pips bz watching BBA,,,,,,,really it sucks when the real meaning of the words Rapper, Lyricist, Poet are being mixed up.....a rapper only rhymes words together i.e uses words with the same rhythm while a Lyricist makes punch lines out of rhymes, the poet on the other hand creats a story out of rhymes so thats why we easily c them all as rappers cos rhymes is fundamental.....back to the topic.....MI is just a rapper finito....Mode on the other hand believe it or not is not just a rapper but a mad Lyricist to the core so we should just let sleeping dogs lie......even MI himself cant contest Mode......my 4cents

2 Likes

Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by Hobbynarh: 8:58am On Jul 02, 2012
way too many kids in nairaland...why on earth wud u want to compare the LEGENDARY MODE NIZO wit dz commercial artist labelled rappers..mode delivers mind blowing,deep,hardcore lines.while dz oda guys feed u wit easy to understand rhymes dat makes u jump about nd u call dat rap..
Lest u forget d only commercial track mode 9 dropped(bad man) beat m.i's hardest track ever(somebody wnt to die) at d hiphop world awards to retain d LYRICIST ON THE ROLL..which he still hold till date.
Enof respect to m.i on illegal music,nice production,artiste selection,great e.p i must tell u....BUT MODE IS THE MAN ANY TIME..

1 Like

Re: Illegal Music II Vs Occupy The Throne by azpekuliar: 9:00am On Jul 02, 2012
D'Soj:
Forget it... MI is King..Naija, we don't av time for hardcore..all dat 1 na grammar..its not our style. We wanna rock and sing along..dats why ice price, Reminince, Naeto C av fan base. Make Mode 9 carry him gangsta harcore go Brooklyn.. abeg.

Excuse me!!! Mode 9 does gangs ta wat? ... So Brooklyn sef na your home of gangs ta hardcore? shows how well you know your hiphop. I trust that headz like you will still prefer Eedris's 'Megede Fegede' rap to Mode's.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

VIDEO: Phyno – Iyilu Ife / Olamide - Turn Up / Omini Crown Prince, Young Artiste Dazzles In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.