Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (262) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1778322 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (696) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:44pm On Sep 20, 2014
cheesy

Just saw his poster, not supporting anybody, yet.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 7:00pm On Sep 20, 2014
spyder880: cheesy

where is he from?is he going for governor?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kcinho(m): 7:21pm On Sep 20, 2014

It is all over the town. An intelligent man anyway. but I don't think he is from the nsukka zone

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by backtosender: 7:27pm On Sep 20, 2014
I dont trust nweke jr he looks like a looter..
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 20, 2014
Kcinho:
It is all over the town. An intelligent man anyway. but I don't think he is from the nsukka zone
I'll support him though. As a former Minister of Information, and member of the NESG, he has the right experience to continue Governor Chime's infrastructural programs.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spodathug: 7:42pm On Sep 20, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^ I heard that story as well! After overruling those that should know better (for primordial, vindictive and xenophobic reasons), they now gave Onitsha MTI (metallurgical training institute) as compensation!

the funny part of it is that the russian engineers warned shagari that "no onitsha no functioning steel complex for nigeria" but shagari the fulani cattle rearer refused to listen to them,today nigeria has spent billions on that same project but no good result due to nigeria's wickedness for the igbo man,things has not been going well for the false country. One thing I believe is,this same people who hinder our progress will someday beg us for help and plead for forgiveness.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 9:05pm On Sep 20, 2014

I love humble people so much and Frank Nweke is one of them. I have not had anything to do with him on a personal level. However my first contact with him, at a burial ceremony, left me with a very good impression. I wish he is given a chance.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 9:32pm On Sep 20, 2014
basilo101: Inside
thank you nwanne for helping me out.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:39pm On Sep 20, 2014
Kcinho:

Nsukka all the way for me.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 9:40pm On Sep 20, 2014
backtosender: I dont trust nweke jr he looks like a looter..

^^^So how do looters look? I used to think like you till i met Mr Farouk Lawan; he looks so innocent....like butter can't melt in his mouth! sad

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 9:44pm On Sep 20, 2014

thank you nna, i have been seeing lots of those campaign posters here in the coal city. This coming election is going to be tough but i know my fellow compatriots (especially umuigbo) are now more learned to vote wisely.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:47pm On Sep 20, 2014
christejames: thank you nna, i have been seeing lots of those campaign posters here in the coal city. This coming election is going to be tough but i know my fellow compatriots (especially umuigbo) are now more learned to vote wisely.

I will be watching closely as the aspirants appear,

Ikeje Asogwa
Eugene Odoh

I think Frank Nweke and Ifeoma Nwobodo are only trying to dethrone Gil Nnaji in the senate.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by backtosender: 9:54pm On Sep 20, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^So how do looters look? I used to think like you till i met Mr Farouk Lawan; he looks so innocent....like butter can't melt in his mouth! sad
I hope he will perform time will tell..
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 9:58pm On Sep 20, 2014
spyder880:

Ikeje Asogwa
Eugene Odoh

I think Frank Nweke and Ifeoma Nwobodo are only trying to dethrone Gil Nnaji in the senate.
on the 29th of this month after the primaries then we would know who the cap fits.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 10:01pm On Sep 20, 2014
Sullivan should look into the problem of bad roads in Maryland (especially around Maryland estate) that place is too cool to be ignored.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:06pm On Sep 20, 2014
christejames: Sullivan should look into the problem of bad roads in Maryland (especially around Maryland estate) that place is too cool to be ignored.

Behind Loma linda?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 10:12pm On Sep 20, 2014
spyder880:

Behind Loma linda?
exactly!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kcinho(m): 10:20pm On Sep 20, 2014
spyder880:

Nsukka all the way for me.
Anyi ejebe nsukka

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:36pm On Sep 20, 2014
Innovator90:

Great point. It's no longer a surprise that most developed countries know that the Igbos are very industrious people and remain the driving factor of Nigeria. These people would love to deal directly with us especially Chinese since we account for 90% of their transactions with Nigerians. But we need to do the basics! This goes back to my point that Enugu most build a functional airport. Anything short of this will set Igboland development back to 20 yrs and I'll personally blame Chime for this....how he allowed that nonsense, below mediocre of remodelling at his watch still baffles me for someone of his caliber with sheer taste for quality. He has to monitor closely whatever Federal Aviation is building, if it's short what he has in mind to attract investors, tourists and people in general to the state and region, he should take Federal Aviation court and force them to hands off the project to him to build it as he wishes for the interest of Enugu and SE region. Edited( when I say Chime should take federal government to court, I mean that in metaphorical sense not literal. I need to clarify this as some people cannot read through the lines without seeing the figure of speech used to make a much larger point...look up definition of "figure of speech" before you get on attack mode). Now back to my point, A functional airport attracts airline companies and people to it...you rarely need to plead, convince or lobby for them to have direct flight out of Enugu. They will be the ones begging you to use your airport. I don't know how big this airport is, why are they hiding the plan from us? As I speak now, there is virtually no 3d plan of this new on-going airport they are building for us....if you have one, pls post it here! Why is the Federal Aviation hiding the plan from the public? You can hide it as you want but don't build us nonsense like the raggedy remodeled work done and expect it to attract investors and people. Show us the plan now so we can assess, critique it and tell the government what needs to be added or improved. Entire SE region is now on overdrive in development; I have never witnessed such massive development going on in SE particularly in Enugu and Anambra; it's unprecedented. We don't need nobody to delay us any further.

The spine of my message is the on-going Enugu International Airport is supposed to be a regional airport, and must, I repeat must rival or best Lagos and Abuja...this is common sense. If you are not thinking along these lines, then certainly you are not looking at the future of SE region. We need a very functional, international-standard airport to boast the growth of a people(Ndigbo) that controls the wealth of this country. As I have mentioned before, it must have capability for flight connections, house multiple airline companies, aircraft hangers, cargo, e.t.c., these are what airline companies look for to use your facility. We sometimes ignore all these things and don't realize how indispensable these are for an airport to function to its full capacity and ability. Most of us who fly internationally; rarely seldom pause to think, why is it that these Western, Asian, or even some African airports are well organized, your luggage are out of the carousel in no long time; everything is in condition as you had it when checked in. We never bother to think the size and complexity of work these people are doing in the logistical arm of the airport operation...it's critical, just as important as the passenger arm, and most Nigerian airports score 1/10 on a scale of 10 with respect to logistics. I know some people are wondering why I harp on this some much; I do because I expect another deja vu...build us another mediocre airport that looks barely 20% of the cost appropriated for it.

I hope Enugu government is reading this; this airport is just as strategic as the new Gulf City going on and requires similar and more oversight attention. I close by saying, the biggest legacy Chime has is the Enugu International Airport. If he fails to deliver something of international standard at this current yr of 2014, most people will be very unhappy with him, and certainly, will cheapen the good works he has done.

you said the truth and i feel your pain. I am not so optimistic about the airport. I seriously doubt they'll deliver a world class facilities there. Chime really need to look into that project. I would have being at peace if he was the one handling it, but as things are going i am really scared of what they will deliver. My fear increased the first day i saw the pictures of the remodelled terminal. It was like a warehouse.
I seriously pray i am wrong!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 20, 2014
spyder880:

Ikeje Asogwa
Eugene Odoh

yeah, both are going for senate.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:42pm On Sep 20, 2014
CFCfan:
I'll support him though. As a former Minister of Information, and member of the NESG, he has the right experience to continue Governor Chime's infrastructural programs.
frank is going for senate, not governor.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:45pm On Sep 20, 2014
Who among the contenders for governorship has a touch of class and maturity to continue what Chimaroke and Chime started, we should be running character reviews of these people, historical antecedents, past job profiles, bio data etc. Any clues, anything from the web, wikipedia etc?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:24pm On Sep 20, 2014
centje: frank is going for senate, not governor.
Ok
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by passion007: 11:54pm On Sep 20, 2014
spyder880:

Ikeje Asogwa
Eugene Odoh

About time!
Gil Nnaji has been unable to impress me... And I'm very easy to impress.
Frank Nweke will do a better job.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:54am On Sep 21, 2014
passion007:

About time!
Gil Nnaji has been unable to impress me... And I'm very easy to impress.
Frank Nweke will do a better job.

Frank Nweke will be the outsider here, Ifeoma has been inside this administration and part controls the party machinery in Enugu. But for the sake of equity, an Nkanu east person is the person supposed to come forward if we are following our rotational/gentleman agreement policy in Enugu politics.

The first senator there was Jim Nwobodo from Nkanu west
The second was Ken Nnamani from Nkanu west
The third was Gil Nnaji from Enugu east

What about my people from Nkanu east? Abandoned, ignored as Ifeoma Nwobodo and Frank Nweke jr. are both from Nkanu west again?

Dia is God ooo
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:40am On Sep 21, 2014

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 7:22am On Sep 21, 2014
centje: you said the truth and i feel your pain. I am not so optimistic about the airport. I seriously doubt they'll deliver a world class facilities there. Chime really need to look into that project. I would have being at peace if he was the one handling it, but as things are going i am really scared of what they will deliver. My fear increased the first day i saw the pictures of the remodelled terminal. It was like a warehouse.
I seriously pray i am wrong!

For someone to think the airport will be completed before Chime leaves office, shows that many of us have not accepted the reality of Igboman's second class status in the Zoo called Nigeria.

To even suggest that Chime has not done all he could to ensure the airport was completed means we have not truly appreciated his determination to make Enugu one of Nigeria's most tourists and business attractions. I do not think he needs to be reminded about the importance of the airport to the development of Enugu. If not, why would he waste money to open a new link road to the airport. Building the link road shows that if he were allowed by the federal government, he would equally build the airport.

For many us who live in the fantasy world of one Nigeria, please wake up and face the reality.

Even Jonathan's hand is tied as far as that airport is concerned. The airport poses a non existent threat to the Hausa/Fulani/Yoruba slave masters. They understand how strategic that airport is to the development of Igbo land, which is why they will fight to death to frustrate it's international status.

The airport was accorded international status even before Jonathan came to power but when you search the website of the FAAN, Enugu is still missing as one of the international airports in Nigeria. Everyone here knows how important web information is, when it comes publicising the existence of anything in the modern world.

If the fearless Stella Odua could not add the Enugu as one of the international airports in Nigeria to the FAAN website, is it the so called Chidoka that would.

Has any of you wondered why Ethiopian airline should touch Kano before coming to Enugu? It's because Enugu remains a local airport in reality but international in government paper.

That's the price you pay for being Igbo.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 8:10am On Sep 21, 2014
spyder880: Who among the contenders for governorship has a touch of class and maturity to continue what Chimaroke and Chime started, we should be running character reviews of these people, historical antecedents, past job profiles, bio data etc. Any clues, anything from the web, wikipedia etc?

So far non of them deserve that seat. I see in them a bunch of immature opportunists. In as much as I support rotation of political seats, I am really scared about an Nsukka man becoming governor of Enugu. I think that Enugu will loose the little gain we have made. I may be wrong though but that's my feeling.

My Nsukka brothers are wonderful people, but one thing that puts me off about them is selfishness. I despise over-selfishness no matter who is involved. It is one of the reservations I had over Chima's government even though he is my brother. When I remember Okwy Nwodo, I become more apprehensive.

However, as a man who believes in the equality of all men and a true democrat, I will still vote an Nsukka man come 2015. I believe in egbe bere ugo Bere. I only wish new states were created, so they can have their own state and govern themselves.

Please, it's not every Nsukka man that is selfish. There are selfless ones but few. I am sorry to generalise but having had more than ten very close friends from Nsukka for so many years, I speak from experience.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by basilo101: 8:24am On Sep 21, 2014
spyder880:

Frank Nweke will be the outsider here, Ifeoma has been inside this administration and part controls the party machinery in Enugu. But for the sake of equity, an Nkanu east person is the person supposed to come forward if we are following our rotational/gentleman agreement policy in Enugu politics.

What about my people from Nkanu east? Abandoned, ignored as Ifeoma Nwobodo and Frank Nweke jr. are both from Nkanu west again?

Dia is God ooo
what about isi-uzo ppl which nsukka loaned 2 u ppl?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by basilo101: 8:33am On Sep 21, 2014
biafrandream:

So far non of them deserve that seat. I see in them a bunch of immature opportunists. In as much as I support rotation of political seats, I am really scared about an Nsukka man becoming governor of Enugu. I think that Enugu will loose the little gain we have made. I may be wrong though but that's my feeling.

My Nsukka brothers are wonderful people, but one thing that puts me off about them is selfishness. I despise over-selfishness no matter who is involved. It is one of the reservations I had over Chima's government even though he is my brother. When I remember Okwy Nwodo, I become more apprehensive.

However, as a man who believes in the equality of all men and a true democrat, I will still vote an Nsukka man come 2015. I believe in egbe bere ugo Bere. I only wish new states were created, so they can have their own state and govern themselves.

Please, it's not every Nsukka man that is selfish. There are selfless ones but few. I am sorry to generalise but having had more than ten very close friends from Nsukka for so many years, I speak from experience.
an nsukka man is originally humble and easy going but cn be deadly if takn 4 fool 4 dat.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by passion007: 9:27am On Sep 21, 2014
spyder880:

Dia is God ooo
Ifeoma Nwobodo has yet to gain public acceptance; There was a rally to try to convince Nkanu indigenes that despite originally being from Udi, she is now married to an Nkanu man and has the liberty to represent Nkanu. On the other hand, Frank Nweke hasn't any identity issues to battle with. His stint as Minister ended well. So, I believe he has the advantage of everything else except incumbency.

My grouse with Gil is that he has neglected his constituency. He might have fixed a few schools at Nike but his ministership is parochial. Nkanu East and West and Isi Uzo has benefited little or nothing from him. And whatever he did at Enugu Urban must be too small because I cant see it. Contrast with Ekweremadu and Ayogu who have attracted vocational schools, SURE-P roads, offered scholarships or built churches.

Nkanu East is home to the popular Unateze dynasty. I think we are yet to exploit this avenue to public acceptance. The Okwesiliezes were able to take advantage of their royalty to clinch political successes.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:44am On Sep 21, 2014
passion007:
Ifeoma Nwobodo has yet to gain public acceptance; There was a rally to try to convince Nkanu indigenes that despite originally being from Udi, she is now married to an Nkanu man and has the liberty to represent Nkanu. On the other hand, Frank Nweke hasn't any identity issues to battle with. His stint as Minister ended well. So, I believe he has the advantage of everything else except incumbency.

My grouse with Gil is that he has neglected his constituency. He might have fixed a few schools at Nike but his ministership is parochial. Nkanu East and West and Isi Uzo has benefited little or nothing from him. And whatever he did at Enugu Urban must be too small because I cant see it. Contrast with Ekweremadu and Ayogu who have attracted vocational schools, SURE-P roads, offered scholarships or built churches.

Nkanu East is home to the popular Unateze dynasty. I think we are yet to exploit this avenue to public acceptance. The Okwesiliezes were able to take advantage of their royalty to clinch political successes.

You are right, Gil can not compete with Ekweremadu in achievement. You have to go to his constituency to feel it. If not for rotational respects for Nsukka brethren, I will back Ekweremmadu for governorship. The man is firm and efficient.
Nkanu East has arable land, quality human capital and very large development space in form of open lands. Our time will come soon. We are going to plan our development, I believe we have what it takes to be among the best.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (696) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.