Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (281) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1778310 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (696) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kcinho(m): 10:05am On Oct 20, 2014
omicron:
Nice to see these pics. For 3 years, going through that route daily, from UNTH old site to Ituku was crazy! The road was worse than hell. Yet, see how clean the road is now, constructed to class without even a single noise from the governor or his aides. Sullivan is really a man for the people.
It seems you are a SuperLion.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kcinho(m): 10:08am On Oct 20, 2014
omicron:
Nice to see these pics. For 3 years, going through that route daily, from UNTH old site to Ituku was crazy! The road was worse than hell. Yet, see how clean the road is now, constructed to class without even a single noise from the governor or his aides. Sullivan is really a man for the people.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 10:29am On Oct 20, 2014
Ikengawo:
That pedestrian bridge is a nightmare and disappointment. It needs hand rails, nobody should feel like thet are risking life and limb just to talk from point a to B

^^^I hope construction isn't finished yet!

Also, can they send ESWAMA down there to give the place a thorough clean-up, and clear any posters defacing the pillars! We shouldn't have to point these little things out to ESWAMA for chrissakes!!! sad

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by omicron(m): 11:48am On Oct 20, 2014
Kcinho:

It seems you are a SuperLion.
Yes
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 12:02pm On Oct 20, 2014
I'm hating that project the more i look at it! After holding much promise at the onset, the finished product looks like it was done half-heartedly, with no regard for safety and ambience! Why can't they green-up the area with trees, shrubs and grass to make it look welcoming?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Abagworo(m): 12:57pm On Oct 20, 2014
IGBOSON1:
I'm hating that project the more i look at it! After holding much promise at the onset, the finished product looks like it was done half-heartedly, with no regard for safety and ambience! Why can't they green-up the area with trees, shrubs and grass to make it look welcoming?

I think the soil type of Enugu has more to do with the low aesthetics of the bridge or maybe the sweepers aren't regular. Use of concrete is usually preferred around busy business districts because traders in Nigeria have little value for greenery. This picture of such concrete median in Owerri does not look red or sandy because of the soil type.

The feasible solution is to keep painting the roads on regular basis.

cjrane:

[size=15pt]Come to think of it, it may not cost up to N200,000 naira to pay horticulturists to plant aesthetic flowers and trees along the median of Chime avenue to reproduce the likeness in the picture.If our amiable governor is listening as some of you have alluded, please make Chime avenue median look like the median in the picture!

This will truly be a spectacular feat for Enugu to have a major road like Chime avenue resemble an "oyibo" man's road. Gov. Chime please give this to us as your parting gift to crown your legendary transformation of the coal city.
[/size]

That picture is from Lagos and not "Obodo Oyibo". A lot of factors is involved in maintaining lawns including most importantly the public attitude. It is working in New Owerri because most inhabitants are enlightened with less traders and unread people who see flowers and aesthetics as waste of money. In Enugu Independence Layout is the area it can work or maybe Trans-Ekulu as seen in the picture attached after the post.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Otegarh: 1:55pm On Oct 20, 2014
The National President of Enugu Unity Forum is Bar. Tahil Ochi and not Bar. Ben Ezugwu. Please correct this misinformation in your subsequent articles.

He is sitting right beside Honourable Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 2:06pm On Oct 20, 2014
Abagworo:

I think the soil type of Enugu has more to do with the low aesthetics of the bridge or maybe the sweepers aren't regular. Use of concrete is usually preferred around busy business districts because traders in Nigeria have little value for greenery. This picture of such concrete median in Owerri does not look red or sandy because of the soil type.
The feasible solution is to keep painting the roads on regular basis.
That picture is from Lagos and not "Obodo Oyibo". A lot of factors is involved in maintaining lawns including most importantly the public attitude. It is working in New Owerri because most inhabitants are enlightened with less traders and unread people who see flowers and aesthetics as waste of money. In Enugu Independence Layout is the area it can work or maybe Trans-Ekulu as seen in the picture attached after the post.

Abagworo,
You have started again spamming this thread with pictures from Owerri and insinuating it is a better place than Enugu. When Chino and other people start bad mouthing Oweeri, you will pretend as if you didn't know what you did. We have already seen those pictures in Imo thread, no need spamming Enugu thread with them just to cause trouble and start e-war with someone here.

By the way, there is NOTHING like "red soil". The quantity of Zinc oxide in the soil determines its color from dirty brown to orange color. I was in a city called Savannah Georgia in the USA and you need to see the soil is "redder" sic than Enugu. Yet, they planted their grass & flowers making the city very beautiful.

What you don't get because you always stay in Nigeria is that you are not supposed to see raw soil anywhere. It should always be covered by grass whether it is white sand, red or purple soil, it should be covered by a layer of green carpet grass.

Everyone knows the picture was from Lagos, taken by the "ministry of the environment". It is written right in the picture itself.
The "Obodo Oyibo" expression is a figure of speech.

Enugu is different from Owerri in many many many respects that I wouldn't waste time indulging in here.
Suffice to say that such a Median can be made out of Chime avenue if it can work anywhere in Lagos of all places.It only takes a govt. willing to beautify the place. They fenced off the garden portion with railings and left gaps where people could cross the street. The picture you posted about new owerri median is not better than the present look of Chime avenue median now, neither is it better than how Upper Iweka flyover now look.
Enugu is a city filled with educated individuals and prestigious educational institutions much beyond any other place in SE Nigeria.

12 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Schematics: 2:20pm On Oct 20, 2014
cheesy cheesy

The poor dude has a low esteem so he does everything possible to feel good but we all know the truth and real ugly and messy situation on the ground in his poor state. We are not deceived..nobody is! cheesy

Just allow him to fool around and evaporate all the same.. cheesy

cjrane:

Abagworo,
You have started again spamming this thread with pictures from Owerri and insinuating it is a better place than Enugu. When Chino and other people start bad mouthing Oweeri, you will pretend as if you didn't know what you did. We have already seen those pictures in Imo thread, no need spamming Enugu thread with them just to cause trouble and start e-war with someone here.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Abagworo(m): 2:32pm On Oct 20, 2014
cjrane:

Abagworo,

By the way, there is NOTHING like "red soil". The quantity of Zinc oxide in the soil determines its color from dirty brown to orange color. I was in a city called Savannah Georgia in the USA and you need to see the soil is "redder" sic than Enugu. Yet, they planted their grass & flowers making the city very beautiful.

What you don't get because you always stay in Nigeria is that you are not supposed to see raw soil anywhere. It should always be covered by grass whether it is white sand, red or purple sand, it should be covered by a layer of green carpet grass.

Everyone knows the picture was from Lagos. It is written right in the picture itself.The "Obodo Oyibo" expression is a figure of speech.

Enugu is different from Owerri in many many many respects that I wouldn't waste time indulging in.
Suffice to say that such a Median can be made out of Chime avenue if it can work anywhere in Lagos of all places.They fenced off the garden portion and left gaps where people could cross the street. The picture you posted about new owerri median is not better than the present look of Chime avenue median now.
Enugu is a city filled with educated individuals and premier institutions much beyond any other city in SE Nigeria.

Its either you are deliberately trying to act the usual Igbo cowardice or you deliberately chose to ignore my points and create issues where there is none. The last Photo on that my post is from Enugu and its also green like the ones of Owerri and Lagos. Chime Avenue is a general area where all sorts of people live. They will not resist the urge to cross the road through the green grass thereby killing them. Its like Wetheral road in Owerri. Independence Layout on the other hand is inhabited by more enlightened people that have value for aesthetics. Using Owerri as an example is no crime just like using Lagos.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Abagworo(m): 2:37pm On Oct 20, 2014
On the red soil issue, it isn't to be played politics with. Much of Igboland from Orlu area all the way to Awka, Okigwe and Nsukka have red soil that stains houses and roads while the Southern part which covers much of the Owerri, Umuahia and Port-Harcourt area has sharp sand.

To prevent the stains we have options
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 2:37pm On Oct 20, 2014
Abagworo:

Its either you are deliberately trying to act the usual Igbo cowardice or you deliberately chose to ignore my points and create issues where there is none. The last Photo on that my post is from Enugu and its also green like the ones of Owerri and Lagos. Chime Avenue is a general area where all sorts of people live. They will not resist the urge to cross the road through the green grass thereby killing them. Its like Wetheral road in Owerri. Independence Layout on the other hand is inhabited by more enlightened people that have value for aesthetics. Using Owerri as an example is no crime just like using Lagos.

My point is that you should stop your inferiority complex.

Enugu and Owerri are great Igbo cities, unique in their own ways and we know which is better in each respect.
You have been denounced as an Ikwerre boy by the great Imo people. Why aren't you talking about PH instead of Owerri?
You derive sadistic joy when Igbos are deceived by your antics and begin to pummel each other.

The attempt to compare Igbo cities have usually resulted in disastrous flared emotions and e-wars to derail the thread. You have been part and parcel of that unfortunate event in the past and should not repeat the same useless tricks here again to derail this thread.

10 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Schematics: 2:42pm On Oct 20, 2014
Abagwo, I have warned you cancer to desist from mentioning any part of Anambra or its people whenever you talk from your inferiority mindset. At least I pass Owerre twice every month en route PH..and I know the ugly and messy situation there on the ground of which I have pictures to backup, coupled with its dirty red soil. I usually laugh when you come on NL to deceive people who are not on the ground.. cheesy

Your state is sinking and drifting in all facets..stop acting as if you do not know. Face reality for once.. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Schematics: 2:47pm On Oct 20, 2014
I have always said that the poor dude is a cancerous frustrated sadist. You saw the way and manner everybody avoided his thread like a plague, he couldn't bear the hurt and inferiority complex..lol! Let us all just allow the cancer to die a natural death..cheesy

cjrane:

Enugu and Owerri are great Igbo cities, unique in their own ways and we know which is better in each respect.
You have been denounced as an Ikwerre boy by the great Imo people. Why aren't you talking about PH instead of Owerri?
You derive sadistic joy when Igbos are deceived by your antics and begin to pummel each other.

The attempt to compare Igbo cities have usually resulted in disastrous flared emotions and e-wars to derail the thread. You have been part and parcel of that unfortunate event in the past and should not repeat the same useless tricks here again to derail this thread.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by abagoro(m): 2:49pm On Oct 20, 2014
cjrane:

I do not see anything wrong with what I wrote and I did not compare. I only made remarks based on obvious observation. You guys should stop being hypocrites and come out the closet. My contribution remains unedited and it is left for the free mind to go through it and point out my sin.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 2:57pm On Oct 20, 2014
abagoro:

I do not see anything wrong with what I wrote and I did not compare. I only made remarks based on obvious observation. You guys should stop being hypocrites and come out the closet. My contribution remains unedited and it is left for the free mind to go through it and point out my sin.

We have already been through that mess too many times and we know where such insidiously silly posts usually land us. Even my responding to you has a potential of drawing fire from people like B2Mario, Ikengawo, Faun etc. The same way we have asked Chino to respect himself and post relevant pictures in relevant state threads, you should not come here insinuating that Owerri is better than Enugu, even if it were true.

I love Owerri very much,but i also know your antics very well. It is all about probing for someone to dispute your assertion and all hell will break loose here again.That is why such innocently appearing but poisonous post should be denounced at once where they are spotted.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by abagoro(m): 3:02pm On Oct 20, 2014
cjrane:

We have already been through that mess too many times and we know where such insidiously silly posts usually land us. Even my responding to you has a potential of drawing fire from people like B2Mario, Ikengawo, Faun etc. The same way we have asked Chino to respect himself and post relevant pictures in relevant state threads, you should not come here insinuating that Owerri is better than Enugu, even if it were true.

I love Owerri very much,but i also know your antics very well. It is all about probing for someone to dispute your assertion and all hell will break loose here again.

Please where did I write or insinuate that Owerri is better than Enugu? You have a problem.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Energito: 3:10pm On Oct 20, 2014
Dont mind these people,their is nothing wrong in what you said.
abagoro:

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 3:12pm On Oct 20, 2014
Abagworo:

[s]I think the soil type of Enugu has more to do with the low aesthetics of the bridge or maybe the sweepers aren't regular. Use of concrete is usually preferred around busy business districts because traders in Nigeria have little value for greenery. This picture of such concrete median in Owerri does not look red or sandy because of the soil type.

A lot of factors is involved in maintaining lawns including most importantly the public attitude. It is working in New Owerri because most inhabitants are enlightened with less traders and unread people who see flowers and aesthetics as waste of money. In Enugu Independence Layout is the area it can work or maybe Trans-Ekulu as seen in the picture attached after the post.[/s]

You can change monikers and respond to yourself, that is your own headache.

This post and all the pictures accompanying the post conveyed your clear insinuations that Owerri was better than Enugu because it had better soil and her inhabitants were more enlightened not to see aesthetics as a waste of money unlike most inhabitants of Enugu except Independence layout or maybe Trans-Ekulu.

9 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by abagoro(m): 3:17pm On Oct 20, 2014
cjrane:

You can change monikers and respond to yourself, that is your own headache.

This post and all the pictures accompanying the post conveyed your clear insinuations that Owerri was more beautiful because it had better soil than Enugu and her inhabitants were more enlightened not to see aesthetics as a waste of money unlike most inhabitants of Enugu except Independence layout or maybe Trans-Ekulu.

I understand you do not really know that "New Owerri" is just an area in Owerri like Trans-Ekulu. I guess that is why you misunderstood my post.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 3:20pm On Oct 20, 2014
abagoro:

I understand you do not really know that "New Owerri" is just an area in Owerri like Trans-Ekulu. I guess that is why you misunderstood my post.

If you as a non Igbo know new Owerri, why would i not? I don't need to post any pictures or satellite imagery of Owerri here to buttress my point. Just contribute positively in Enugu thread without stoking controversial issues to start an e-war.

I thank all of you that i see viewing this with restraint and have not jumped on one side to derail the thread. I will also stop posting all these useless responses.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by abagoro(m): 3:25pm On Oct 20, 2014
cjrane:

If you as a non Igbo know new Owerri, why would i not? I don't need to post any pictures or satellite imagery of Owerri here to buttress my point. Just contribute positively in Enugu thread without stoking controversial issues to start an e-war

Calling me non-Igbo is absurd. I will always contribute to any Igbo thread no matter what people like you and Chino say or do. I know Igbo more than 99% of Nairalanders and even real life Igbos and the interest of Igbo remains my priority.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 3:30pm On Oct 20, 2014
abagoro:

Calling me non-Igbo is absurd. I will always contribute to any Igbo thread no matter what people like you and Chino say or do. I know Igbo more than 99% of Nairalanders and even real life Igbos and the interest of Igbo remains my priority.

[size=16pt]Onye mara ihe ga ese okwu, ya emekwana ya![/size]

If you are truly Igbo, you should have dropped the foul habit of always trying to provoke e-war amongst our people. How many times have you seen a Yoruba posting that Akure is better than Osun in an Osun thread? Even if it were true.

10 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 3:54pm On Oct 20, 2014
@ Abagworo, please let us stop any form of comparison between our places. The two cities has their good and bad sides and we should be pushing our leaders to perform better not compare cities. The red soil of Enugu is not a disadvantage, so is the loose soil Owerri. They all have their plus and minus.
We love all our cities.

12 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 3:56pm On Oct 20, 2014

10 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spodathug: 11:59pm On Oct 20, 2014
cjrane:

[size=16pt]Onye mara ihe ga ese okwu, ya emekwana ya![/size]

If you are truly Igbo, you should have dropped the foul habit of always trying to provoke e-war amongst our people. How many times have you seen a Yoruba posting that Akure is better than Osun in an Osun thread? Even if it were true.
can you just shiut ur mouth up,you are now appearing troublesome,if you don't want others to comment on this thread u let it out other than use indirect means,because I do not see anything bad in what abagworo wrote. Damn!!!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 1:07am On Oct 21, 2014
spyder880:
From the summit, we can see the 140 bedded hospital in UNTH old site in Enugu in the second picture.

Wait wait wait oh?? Na Akwata be dis? shocked shocked shocked

That scary, almost-spiraling road with a very steep hill climb?

Wow, I can barely recognize this place anymore.

I remember countless stories of trailers losing control while ascending or descending that death trap and crushing people all the time.

Someone please tell me this is Akwata or maybe I'm wrong. Not so sure anymore.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 1:35am On Oct 21, 2014
BanditC:

I remember countless stories of trailers losing control while ascending or descending that death trap and crushing people all the time.

Bros na so we see am o!
I remember back in the days coming from coal camp to buy Dens cook near UNTH. Even the buses then had a very hard time on that road.

Sullivan is a miracle worker grin

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by destante(f): 3:45am On Oct 21, 2014
I almost wantu consider here for service. ees quite cool sad
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:55am On Oct 21, 2014
BanditC:

Actually I am more surprised than anyone here, as a child who was raised in coal camp in the early 90s, this has been my route while trekking to Ogbete main market to buy things. Sullivan Chime just changed the whole place lovely, only that we have to remind him to place handrails on either side of the steps.

9 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ejiyke2007(m): 12:43pm On Oct 21, 2014
ha
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 21, 2014
good day pals, i'm a medic doc hopeful on serving in Enugu state with C14. pls i would crave ur indulgence, i desire some info about the state esp the health system in the state & would be most grateful if i can be linked with any medic or para medic currently serving or served in enugu state recently. my personal/contact info is on my profile page. thank you in anticipation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (696) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.