Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,371 members, 7,781,039 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:55 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (368) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1765367 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (693) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 3:59pm On May 03, 2015
IGBOSON2:
They should mark out the parking lot nicely....not in a crude and hurried fashion! And also plant trees to give the area a lush green ambience! No open gutters should be allowed!

I trust my brothers in making sure only the finest quality is achieved. You and crane never miss out on the flower and environmental piece. grin
Daalu rinne!

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 4:41pm On May 03, 2015
spyder880:

Maybe you want to draw some laughs from us, show us the pictures of Ebonyi and Abia secretariat complexes so we can compare. We dont just argue here, we talk with pictures.

See pictures here ..... http://amazingviewpoints..com/2015/02/a-drive-around-new-enugu-state.html?m=1

Spydder, you and everyone here contributed so much in showcasing Sullivan's developmental projects. It seems to me the green white green colour was jettisoned in favour of other colours after we complained here. It shows that people are not wasting their time coming to this forum to proffer solutions for the betterment of Alaigbo. I wish Ugwuanyi would make himself a hero by continuing where Sullivan stopped

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:54pm On May 03, 2015
biafrandream:

Spydder, you and everyone here contributed so much in showcasing Sullivan's developmental projects. It seems to me the green white green colour jettisoned in favour of other colours after we complained here. It shows that people are not wasting their time coming to this forum to proffer solutions for the betterment of Alaigbo. I wish Ugwuanyi would make himself a hero by continuing where Sullivan stopped

I will be right here to support Ugwuanyi, or crucify him if he performs badly grin I need to buy a new camera just for Ugwuanyi grin

9 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:07am On May 04, 2015
Don't worry thread, I will be in Enugu later today, I will graze this thread with pictures henceforth.

Meanwhile, I will need to know my way around Enugu. Thank God I am free from the stressful life of Lagos.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by shineeye: 11:35am On May 04, 2015
customized13:
Don't worry thread, I will be in Enugu later today, I will graze this thread with pictures henceforth.

Meanwhile, I will need to know my way around Enugu. Thank God I am free from the stressful life of Lagos.
So now you are fully residing at 042 the city is beautiful sometimes i wonder what else the new governor will do even nsukka his place chime build first class roads with street lights there already.

You are free to show us more pictures of coal city cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 10:08pm On May 04, 2015
shineeye:
So now you are fully residing at 042 the city is beautiful sometimes i wonder what else the new governor will do even nsukka his place chime build first class roads with street lights there already.

thanks for ur comment. Enugu city is unarguably one of the most beautiful cities in the country today but what really cracked me up is the 'first class road in Nsukka' (LOL!). ...is it thesame Nsukka that I'm in now, or you are talking about another major town in Nsukka zone (which I vehemently doubt). Nsukka town is a beautiful emerging urban area in dearth of 'first class' or good road as you postulated and poor town planning. The town is wearing a new look though (thanks to the wealthy individuals investing here) with beautiful edifice and mansions, large block of flats, supermarkets et al sprung and still springing up in this sprawling town. Although the local govt of the town is trying its best but they really need to be strengthened. For example, The govt (LGA) has built a large new modern market at Aku road, refurbishing and expanding the main market (Ogige), the waste management is quite commendable. We ain't feeling much of the state's govt presence here apart from the new kia rio cars (the type in Enugu) being driven around town by the local govt police. The town is rapidly growing in property and commercial busines ...i'm using this medium to woo investors to the town especially to the new modern market, I bet you the reward for your money would be beyond your expectation.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by jazzydee: 2:51am On May 05, 2015
[size=16pt]Why Enugu House served Gov. Chime impeachment notice[/size]

Enugu —The Enugu State House of Assembly, yesterday, resolved to serve a notice of impeachment on Governor Sullivan Chime for alleged infractions ranging from inflation of contracts to forgery of the state budget.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/why-enugu-house-served-gov-chime-impeachment-notice/#sthash.34rmh918.dpuf
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 10:32am On May 05, 2015
Can someone please help us check the status of the new airport terminal? Its been long now and I just want to know if work has actually stopped there since Jonathan lost to Buhari.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by HappyJoe: 11:19am On May 05, 2015
henrychubayo:
Can someone please help us check the status of the new airport terminal? Its been long now and I just want to know if work has actually stopped there since Jonathan lost to Buhari.

Work stopped since mid last year.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by basilo101: 11:50am On May 05, 2015
shineeye:

i'm not sure u kw nsukka at all. Even d very rural Udi got beta roads dan nsukka, a rapidly emerging urban metropolis
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 12:42pm On May 05, 2015
joeluv:
secretariat pics
Lovely pictures.

What remains is to green it up.

What of the road outside the complex that connects to Okpara avenue through the old cabinet office.

Has it been fixed?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:09pm On May 05, 2015
eaglechild:

Lovely pictures.

What remains is to green it up.

What of the road outside the complex that connects to Okpara avenue through the old cabinet office.

Has it been fixed?

No, still bumpy as ever.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON2: 2:15pm On May 05, 2015
HappyJoe:

Work stopped since mid last year.

^^^I wonder if other ones being built in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt and Kano have suffered the same fate?

I hope you all can now see what i mean when i say this country is holding Alaigbo back!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by social2008(m): 4:02pm On May 05, 2015
christejames:
thanks for ur comment. Enugu city is unarguably one of the most beautiful cities in the country today but what really cracked me up is the 'first class road in Nsukka' (LOL!). ...is it thesame Nsukka that I'm in now, or you are talking about another major town in Nsukka zone (which I vehemently doubt). Nsukka town is a beautiful emerging urban area in dearth of 'first class' or good road as you postulated and poor town planning. The town is wearing a new look though (thanks to the wealthy individuals investing here) with beautiful edifice and mansions, large block of flats, supermarkets et al sprung and still springing up in this sprawling town. Although the local govt of the town is trying its best but they really need to be strengthened. For example, The govt (LGA) has built a large new modern market at Aku road, refurbishing and expanding the main market (Ogige), the waste management is quite commendable. We ain't feeling much of the state's govt presence here apart from the new kia rio cars (the type in Enugu) being driven around town by the local govt police. The town is rapidly growing in property and commercial busines ...i'm using this medium to woo investors to the town especially to the new modern market, I bet you the reward for your money would be beyond your expectation.

Bro what is the distance from Enugu to Nsukka, i mean how many hours journey by road (or flight) lol.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nnewi1stSon: 6:19pm On May 05, 2015
social2008:

Bro what is the distance from Enugu to Nsukka, i mean how many hours journey by road (or flight) lol.
45Minutes.... Nsukka is just a stone throw away from Northern Nigeria.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:05pm On May 05, 2015
Night life in Enugu is crazy, even on Tuesday night shocked

Was at polo park this morning, I probably was part of the first people to go there this morning.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 05, 2015
One more probs I have, my device picture sizes are too large. I gas dey conserve mb na grin

Still, I want to post pictures here cry

What do I do?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:15pm On May 05, 2015
I stood here before someone took my attention, fine babes too much for Enugu. You know what I mean wink

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by social2008(m): 7:49am On May 06, 2015
Nnewi1stSon:
45Minutes.... Nsukka is just a stone throw away from Northern Nigeria.

Nice one..

My brother in your wisdom as Nnewi man, what viable business do you think one can establish therein Nsukka based on your observation?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by DeCritique(m): 11:29am On May 06, 2015
spyder880:
We at the Tigerkenn Homes Ltd have been awarded a new contract to build two houses in Port Harcourt, Rivers State. Follow our updates at .... http://amazingviewpoints..com/?m=1

Spyder, where is this in Rivers State?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:19pm On May 06, 2015
DeCritique:

Spyder, where is this in Rivers State?

Rumuigbo. Work moving on smoothly, foundation filling in progress.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Igbonazy: 6:00pm On May 06, 2015
Imagine...
Rumuigbo(Umu Igbo),
Rumuokoro(Umu Okoro),Rumumasi(Umu mazi), Obiigbo(Obi Igbo)

Yet these people are denying their igboness.
But little by little they are now realising they are being played by the "Divide and Conquer" Northern elites. I even saw 2 ikwerres threatening secession with Briafran maps and flags as profix pics. grin

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by shineeye: 6:18pm On May 06, 2015
customized13:
I stood here before someone took my attention, fine babes too much for Enugu. You know what I mean wink
Hot cutie pies tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by shineeye: 6:27pm On May 06, 2015
joeluv:
secretariat pics
WOW the building is magnificent is like american new york buiding
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:29pm On May 06, 2015
shineeye:
Hot cutie pies tongue tongue
serious, I use to think Igbo girl were beautiful, but now I think Igbo girls are best in the world.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 06, 2015
Can someone tell me how to compress picture size? undecided
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:01pm On May 06, 2015
customized13:

Go to microsoft picture manager and I think there is a resize tab there, been a long time since I resized pics.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:54am On May 07, 2015
In many parts of Enugu urban, there are solar panels and inverters which power both the street lighting and traffic lights in the city. I think this innovation should be copied by every state government in Nigeria. This is a forward thinking administration.

http://amazingviewpoints..com/

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:57am On May 07, 2015
Pictures from Nnobi street, Uwani Enugu.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:01am On May 07, 2015
From the same area.....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Goahead(m): 6:12am On May 07, 2015
customized13:
While viewing the picture, screen shot it,
Open it and resize it.

Shikina
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by write2obi(m): 6:33am On May 07, 2015
Wow! The street looks very neat and tidy

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (693) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.