Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,710 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (376) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1778205 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (696) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 12:14pm On May 20, 2015
State Secretariat!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 1:53pm On May 20, 2015
biafrandream:
State Secretariat!

This is just one out of about 5 such buildings. ....

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 20, 2015
ChimaAdeoye:

The worst thing any Igboman can do is to take any "Nigerian" seriously, especially when he is Yoruba or some other hypocritical groups

I am glad Abagworo does not refer to mud thatched houses as 'Igbotic'. Any good thing Igbos achieve is derided and somehow attempt Is made to cast it in bad light. If Igbo man works hard, it is a bad thing because he loves money? While the I.diot saying that is a robber and his sister a prostitute. So who is the indecent slave for money?
I am proud of many Igbo people that work hard to better themselves and completely disregard the disparaging jealous comments coming from our enemies.

I like you!
I actually like many of you....the c-names, spyder, and many others....
I wish I knew enough politics to be posting here
But Sullivan has made Enugu a state you can say you are from without having to look at the floor while shuffling your feet
Ayi bu ndi Igbo need people like him
Ikemba anago, but we have people stepping up to fill his shoes
May blessings follow all of us as we trod on our path of self determination and realisation as a people, Ndigbo
(no fights, all of us one)

Okay, I will keep quiet now
God bless Enugu, bless Sullivan Chime, bless Ndigbo nine na ndi na echelu ayi ezigbo uche
Amen

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 20, 2015
Ikengawo:
Why would an Igbo man say something is Igbotic? What are you? Yorobotic? Is there something wrong with Igbos making a particular building style especially when it's the superior of all building styles in each region? Abagworo a wudi nwafor, simple.

I live outside of Nigeria, and I simply cannot tell you how much love and nostalgia I have for all things "igbotic" now
I wish we had a way of using modern, western technology and infusing it with a lot of African-ness and Igbo-ness, or whatever
That way, it is ours, forever, and can never be taken away from us
Our identity, so to speak

I ramble....I will stop now

11 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Goodnuel: 4:21pm On May 20, 2015
Apart from the beautiful houses and roads that enugu had, the thing I find very pleasing is the availability of delicious food at almost every point. I mean you can't look for what to eat in enugu. And this is at very cheap prices.

I will be in charge of food grin grin grin cheesy

With just #100 or 200, you get full. Unless you be heavy duty vehicle then you can upgrade to #300

grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Goodnuel: 4:30pm On May 20, 2015
Goodnuel:
Apart from the beautiful houses and roads that enugu had, the thing I find very pleasing is the availability of delicious food at almost every point. I mean you can't look for what to eat in enugu. And this is at very cheap prices.

I will be in charge of food grin grin grin cheesy

With just #100 or 200, you get full. Unless you be heavy duty vehicle then you can upgrade to #300

grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ezeagu(m): 6:21pm On May 20, 2015
biafrandream:
State Secretariat!

Does absolutely every government owned property have to be green and white in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:22pm On May 20, 2015
Goodnuel, that's a good angle. More of those delicacies grin let's showcase that aspect of Enugu, it should be all about buildings!
Try titling it, and possibly a little note on ingredients and recipe.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ezeagu(m): 6:28pm On May 20, 2015
biafrandream:

I think economic sabotage is the main reason. The factory belongs to the federal government though, so ndi ugwu must have contributed in running it down so that we can buy low quality Dangote cement. Most brick houses in Enugu were built with bricks from that factory. If Enugu houses were built with bricks we wouldn't have the problem of having to repaint buildings intermittently because of dust. It also seems to me that brick houses last longer. My college alma mater classrooms where built with bricks and till date, they are looking and standing strong as new.

Yes, that ugly low quality cement. I've been trying to find the exact problem with architecture in Nigeria and it must be the overuse of cement.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 6:55pm On May 20, 2015
Here we go again! Why was this thread moved to the travel section?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 20, 2015
customized07:
At the airport, enroute Lagos. Be back by weekend
Buhari shouldn't abandon the terminal projects!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Goodnuel: 7:35pm On May 20, 2015
centje:
Goodnuel, that's a good angle. More of those delicacies grin let's showcase that aspect of Enugu, it should be all about buildings!
Try titling it, and possibly a little note on ingredients and recipe.
Yea.. i like that food part. grin. I will try to get more the delicacies and some notes too.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:04pm On May 20, 2015
IGBOSON1:
Here we go again! Why was this thread moved to the travel section?

What's it with nairaland Admin angry why not let sleeping dogs lie...for crying out loud!!!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:36pm On May 20, 2015
angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided undecided
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 9:42pm On May 21, 2015
The Enugu Life and Golf City is taking shape.

10 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 9:43pm On May 21, 2015
Latest from the life and golf city.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 9:49pm On May 21, 2015
Sorry guys! I wanted to post more pictures but the bloody thing won't go.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 1:04am On May 22, 2015
For fuc/ks sakes....can these people move this thing back to the politics section!? Why was it moved in the first place......to kill the thread or what?

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 5:45am On May 22, 2015
ELGC

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 5:46am On May 22, 2015
Latest from Enugu Life and Golf City

12 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 6:13am On May 22, 2015
IGBOSON1:
For fuc/ks sakes....can these people move this thing back to the politics section!? Why was it moved in the first place......to kill the thread or what?

I am surprised you expect people to be happy you are making progress. Remember they were waiting to see your land overran by kidnappers.grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 9:56am On May 22, 2015
biafrandream:
ELGC

^^^Do you know if some have started building on their plots?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 1:30pm On May 22, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Do you know if some have started building on their plots?

I don't know yet, just got the pictures from their facebook update yesterday.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Collynzo9: 2:04pm On May 24, 2015
As at Today

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Collynzo9: 2:06pm On May 24, 2015
Willie Obiano's convoy awaiting his arrival

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Collynzo9: 2:08pm On May 24, 2015
I need a HD camera

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:36pm On May 24, 2015
Always with poor finishing. There is no detailed attention given to beautification. I don't like the way development is carried out in that country. angry angry angry angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:38pm On May 24, 2015
all4naija:
Always with poor finishing. There is no detailed attention given to beautification. I don't like the way development is carried out in that country. angry angry angry angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry cry
Hopefully, proper landscaping would have been done by the time the terminal building is complete.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by rdokoye: 12:00am On May 25, 2015
CFCfan:

Hopefully, proper landscaping would have been done by the time the terminal building is complete.

all4naija is a troll, he's best ignored.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by kettykin: 12:46am On May 25, 2015
who ever moved this thread to the travel section needs elementary school MBA. please dont ban me as it will serve no useful purpose . Rather than ban we can argue it out online and see who has more facts . Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ak47mann(m): 2:05am On May 25, 2015
ezeagu:
Enefaa @ http://artsymoments.com Jeez! Old coal mines

the pix look more oyibo land enugu is beautiful no lie cool

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ak47mann(m): 2:18am On May 25, 2015
little boys skating on Enugu roads with full protective gear show how advance the society have gone from doing the right things am impressed cool

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (696) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.