Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (408) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1778372 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (696) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cjrane2: 2:51am On Jul 23, 2015
backtosender:
Is Your area though
Actually that picture was pulled from skyscrapper.com and it was not shot in Enugu. i shall provide the link if i run into that picture again.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:53am On Jul 23, 2015
Cjrane2:

Actually that picture was pulled from skyscrapper.com and it was not shot in Enugu. i shall provide the link if i run into that picture again.

I will be more than surprised if that is Enugu.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Phlota(f): 5:48pm On Jul 23, 2015
I will be going to Enugu in August for about a week's vacation. I have never been to the East before, i plan going to the Ngwo Caves and waterfalls and Awhum waterfalls. Which other places of interest can i visit and hotel options. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kcinho(m): 6:24pm On Jul 23, 2015
Phlota:
I will be going to Enugu in August for about a week's vacation. I have never been to the East before, i plan going to the Ngwo Caves and waterfalls and Awhum waterfalls. Which other places of interest can i visit and hotel options. Thanks
Akwuke beach, Nike lake resort,ngwo pine forest;ezeagu water falls, omambala(Anambra) river (if you get mind) etc.... for the hotels, na your pocket go decide...Nike lake, golden royale, blue island, ascort, Nondon, royal palace,universal, richcrest,De Angelo, fontana, tommylyn, roban etc hotelsng or jovago will help u better

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Phlota(f): 8:41pm On Jul 23, 2015
Kcinho:

Akwuke beach, Nike lake resort,ngwo pine forest;ezeagu water falls, omambala(Anambra) river (if you get mind) etc.... for the hotels, na your pocket go decide...Nike lake, golden royale, blue island, ascort, Nondon, royal palace,universal, richcrest,De Angelo, fontana, tommylyn, roban etc hotelsng or jovago will help u better
Thanks so much, wld browse about these places. If I've 50k to spend in a wek,which places would be best to lodge?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by hotelsng: 7:12am On Jul 24, 2015
Phlota:
Thanks so much, wld browse about these places. If I've 50k to spend in a wek,which places would be best to lodge?
Visit our website (it's on our profile page) for affordable hotels reservation or call us on 07008808800 and we will get you a hotel in Enugu. smiley
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kcinho(m): 12:40pm On Jul 24, 2015
hotelsng:

Visit our website (it's on our profile page) for affordable hotels reservation or call us on 07008808800 and we will get you a hotel in Enugu. smiley
Mark I actually forgot that was ur username(handle). I should get a percentage for the marketing lol. Nice work bro, just checked your site out. You've got enugu covered
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Igbonazy: 1:23pm On Jul 24, 2015
BREAKING
Arunma Oteh appointed VP and Treasurer of the World Bank

www.lindaikeji..com/2015/07/ex-sec-dg-arunma-oteh-appointed-vp-and.html

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 1:23pm On Jul 24, 2015
backtosender:
This is my friend she lives in Enugu i posted pictures of her in this thread before..well she comes from a rich back ground if anyone can guess which area is this

^^^I'm guessing Calabar....could be wrong though! undecided

The moss and thick foliage suggests either Calabar or Port Harcourt!.....Can't be Uyo!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 1:32pm On Jul 24, 2015
codeine123:
sorry to burst your bubble but that's not Enugu it's Calabar, precisely resort Calabar. I have been there before. Such a wonderful place.

^^^Damn, i'm good! smiley

I swear i've never been to Calabar before...neither did i see this your post before my previous post! lipsrsealed
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 1:36pm On Jul 24, 2015
willow0802:
i really love Enugu, it reminds me of the greenery and the rolling hills of Johannesburg. Please i would love to ask, How cold is enugu compared to Lagos. does it get colder at night. Do we have instances of temperatures dipping below 20 degrees.

I just came back, and i haven't visited Enugu but would love to.

^^^Enugu has average southern Nigerian temperature! But boy is Nsukka cold! lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 1:43pm On Jul 24, 2015
Igbonazy:
BREAKING
Arunma Oteh appointed VP and Treasurer of the World Bank

www.lindaikeji..com/2015/07/ex-sec-dg-arunma-oteh-appointed-vp-and.html

^^^Impressive! smiley

12 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 24, 2015
Igbos have alwalys excelled in vital areas of Administration! Okonjo Iweala at world bank, Dora at Nafdaq just to name a few.
Now Look at our new daughter at world bank too! Achebe said it was when the jealous northerners strived very hard to replace capable Igbos with the less capable Hausas that this country began its downward spiral!
Northerners destroy everything they have to administer with corruption, nepotism and cluelessness!! Just look at the NFF

9 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 8:21pm On Jul 24, 2015
aa
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 25, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Enugu has average southern Nigerian temperature! But boy is Nsukka cold! lipsrsealed

18 degrees low, i think that translate to a "cool" weather wink , Lagos is freaking hot, i heard nsukka is a cold place since the elevation is 1,810 ft , now compare that to Lagos 135 ft elevation... Johannesburg elevation is 5,751 ft, enugu 664 ft , jos is 4,062 ft. That's why u sometimes get hail storm in jos.

We need some cold weather igboson, u seem to like the hot effect from the sun, don't you grin

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by basilo101: 1:26pm On Jul 25, 2015
willow0802:

18 degrees low, i think that translate to a "cool" weather wink , Lagos is freaking hot, i heard nsukka is a cold place since the elevation is 1,810 ft , now compare that to Lagos 135 ft elevation... Johannesburg elevation is 5,751 ft, enugu 664 ft , jos is 4,062 ft. That's why u sometimes get hail storm in jos.

We need some cold weather igboson, u seem to like the hot effect from the sun, don't you grin
Nsukka is sitting at the peak of Udi Hills. Udi Hills is narrow with rugged tops at the Udi axis but broad and flat like a plateau at the Nsukka axis, making the tops habitable in that region

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by tranxo(m): 6:23pm On Jul 25, 2015
ifeanyi199555:

grin cheesy your a funny man
Sure. smiley
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 25, 2015
Please does any one know where I can get a mechanic that is an expert in fixing Nissan primera in Enugu town?

It is 2003 model, I don't want to take it to just any mechanic. If you know any kindly help a brother out with such info.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:33pm On Jul 25, 2015
woodcook:
Please does any one know where I can get a mechanic that is an expert in fixing Nissan primera in Enugu town?

It is 2003 model, I don't want to take it to just any mechanic. If you know any kindly help a brother out with such info.

Thanks

Too many of them looking for work. Go to the mechanic workshops at Coal camp and choose any of the numerous workers there.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jul 25, 2015
spyder880:

Too many of them looking for work. Go to the mechanic workshops at Coal camp and choose any of the numerous workers there.

Thanks for your response. I don't mean to derail this thread but I know there are several mechanics in coal camp, but I need a referral as in 'tested-and trusted' not mechanic that uses trial and error.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:02pm On Jul 25, 2015
woodcook:

Thanks for your response. I don't mean to derail this thread but I know there are several mechanics in coal camp, but I need a referral as in 'tested-and trusted' not mechanic that uses trial and error.

Sorry to disappoint you but all of them uses trial and error, except you take your car to the Nissan centre.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:06am On Jul 26, 2015
spyder880:

Sorry to disappoint you but all of them uses trial and error, except you take your car to the Nissan centre.

thanks
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 26, 2015
go to Nissan centre or airport road
woodcook:

Thanks
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Bishop42: 7:44pm On Jul 26, 2015
TURNING ENUGU INTO A BEAUTIFUL CITY THROUGH WORLD CLASS ROAD MANAGEMENT

IT would be great idea to get some competent companies to takeover some economically viable roads in Enugu and run them profitably (aswel as pay their taxes) in other to lessen the burden of road contruction & maintainance on the state government. Their major duties: Fixing/expanding the roads, Cleaning and keeping silt off the roads, Road beautification, Street light & grass maintainance

The companies will be allocated 1km of viable road each, in and around Enugu.

They will make money from
1. Fines (of all kinds)
2. Road Advertisment (frm billboards, median adboards,electronic billboards etc) .
3. Parks and recreation spots

Some of their staffs will be in stratergic locations to monitor,fine and maintain law & order.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:14pm On Jul 26, 2015
Bishop42:
TURNING ENUGU INTO A BEAUTIFUL CITY THROUGH WORLD CLASS ROAD MANAGEMENT

IT would be great idea to get some competent companies to takeover some economically viable roads in Enugu and run them profitably (aswel as pay their taxes) in other to lessen the burden of road contruction & maintainance on the state government. Their major duties: Fixing/expanding the roads, Cleaning and keeping silt off the roads, Road beautification, Street light & grass maintainance

The companies will be allocated 1km of viable road each, in and around Enugu.

They will make money from
1. Fines (of all kinds)
2. Road Advertisment (frm billboards, median adboards,electronic billboards etc) .
3. Parks and recreation spots

Some of their staffs will be in stratergic locations to monitor,fine and maintain law & order.

I think its a good idea, we have many major roads in Enugu.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 26, 2015
ifeanyi199555:
go to Nissan centre or airport road
thanks a lot.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by passion007: 9:45pm On Jul 26, 2015
spyder880:

I think its a good idea, we have many major roads in Enugu.

To a great extent, Bishop42's recommendations are already the norm in Enugu.
Easipark (I believe that's the name of the company) has designated some parking lots along Chime Avenue especially: there's one just opposite Texaco at New Haven junction. There's another one at Block bus stop. They have their rates depending on how long you plan to leave your car parked in the lot. Also, they have refreshment stands in these parking lots. And equally offer car wash services. They are the same guys who clamp cars parked along major roads, or on the unmarked side of street roads.

Regarding advertisements, I will always rate Enugu high with respect to maintaining bill boards, and keeping them clean and orderly. Whatever state dept responsible should carry on. Thumbs up.

The other issues of road maintenance and beautification are within ECTDA'S jurisdiction. And for the fact that ECTDA put Enugu side by side with Paris and New York through the Rockefeller award, I think they should take on more responsibility. May be by becoming distinguished and celebrated internationally, other state departments will sit up.

I don't know how I feel about private (for-profit) organizations fixing and expanding roads. I feel that's why we have a government in the first place. It might improve our IGR further, but at what cost? Already, Enugu North LGA has the highest number of penalties, fines and levies of all LGAs in Nigeria. Or may be that is the cost of running a decent city.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kcinho(m): 8:28am On Jul 27, 2015
Enugu was host to top politicians across Nigeria yesterday as Senator Gilbert Nnaji and family had a thanksgiving mass for his reelection and house warming at Holy cross parish Iji Nike Enugu officiated by Bishop Emeritus Gbuji.

In attendance was the SP Sen. Bukola Saraki, his deputy Sen Ike Ekweremmadu. Others include Enugu state governor Ifeanyi Ugwuwanyi, his deputy Ezeilo, Senators Chuka Utazi, Dino Melaye,akpabio,Ken Nnamani and a host of other senators, members of house of representatives, house of assembly, commissioners, SAs other politicians and technocrats etc.
He also presented a brand new Lexus SUV to the parish priest as a form of appreciation.

emmaculatejnr..com/2015/07/senator-gilbert-nnaji-at-thanksgiving.html
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:25pm On Jul 27, 2015
Kcinho:
Enugu was host to top politicians across Nigeria yesterday as Senator Gilbert Nnaji and family had a thanksgiving mass for his reelection and house warming at Holy cross parish Iji Nike Enugu officiated by Bishop Emeritus Gbuji.

In attendance was the SP Sen. Bukola Saraki, his deputy Sen Ike Ekweremmadu. Others include Enugu state governor Ifeanyi Ugwuwanyi, his deputy Ezeilo, Senators Chuka Utazi, Dino Melaye,akpabio,Ken Nnamani and a host of other senators, members of house of representatives, house of assembly, commissioners, SAs other politicians and technocrats etc.
He also presented a brand new Lexus SUV to the parish priest as a form of appreciation.

emmaculatejnr..com/2015/07/senator-gilbert-nnaji-at-thanksgiving.html

I missed that occasion, I passed in front of his house, too much crowd, road almost blocked, Phyno was performing inside, I was rushing to see a land at Ogbeke Nike so I couldn't drop in, besides Gil didn't invite me grin I would have flooded here with the pictures. .......

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by myhobbies(m): 8:06am On Jul 29, 2015
To develop the rural areas in our dear state Enugu, I would advice Gov Ugwuanyi to partner with the various town unions. I think it would yield a good result.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 29, 2015
I hope Ugwuanyi can finish the road development in Enugu urban! Especially in independence layout around vosan, mbaukwu street and complete all adjoining streets at ezillo avenue before he starts to shift attention to rural villages! Even at Republic area!
There are Still a lot of minor streets that need work to give Enugu city the overall garden city feel!

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kcinho(m): 5:05pm On Jul 29, 2015
ifeanyi199555:
I hope Ugwuanyi can finish the road development in Enugu urban! Especially in independence layout around vosan, mbaukwu street and complete all adjoining streets at ezillo avenue before he starts to shift attention to rural villages! Even at Republic area!
There are Still a lot of minor streets that need work to give Enugu city the overall garden city feel!
the LGA chairmen should do those ones if they are so important.
Roads that would draw investments or improve our IGR should be priority now.
Meanwhile. .......
Ugwuanyi’s kinsmen donate 680 hectres for agro services
dailypost.ng/2015/07/29/ugwuanyis-kinsmen-donate-680-hectres-for-agro-services/

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (696) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: Afam4eva(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.