Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,983 members, 7,806,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (435) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1777957 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) ... (696) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by londoner: 9:48am On Oct 04, 2015
I love the news coming out of some SE states to become self sufficient in food production. Enugu and Anambra are thinking properly.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 04, 2015
spyder880:

Very good points, I made sure I included the rules where buyers are not allowed to build anything high in my estate. I ensured there is a division from zones, and the types of houses one is allowed to build there.

I love greens, the main distinguishing feature between my estate and the rest is my plan for greenery. I purposefully named my estate "Royal palms estates" because the planting of royal palms in every possible corner of the estate is my plan, the planting will start as soon as possible, so that it continues to grow and by the time buyers are ready to build, the trees would have become tall enough to envelope the whole estate and create the kind of ambiance unseen in these other estates. I am going to do this in every estate I develop in Enugu, Anambra and Imo states ongoing.

May God bless you

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by shawylux(f): 1:03pm On Oct 04, 2015
spyder880:
The hills of Enugu, and the rush of buildings up the hills..... uno na ari Urdu grin grin grin
Hmm oga spyder, I can see my house. Interesting!

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 1:06pm On Oct 04, 2015
shawylux:

Hmm oga spyder, I can see my house. Interesting!

I am everywhere. ...... cheesy just thinking of a remote part of Enugu to visit, somewhere without network coverage so my phones and me rest for the much needed Sunday rest.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by shawylux(f): 1:10pm On Oct 04, 2015
spyder880:

I am everywhere. ...... cheesy just thinking of a remote part of Enugu to visit, somewhere without network coverage so my phones and me rest for the much needed Sunday rest.
but where you are has network coverage na.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 1:22pm On Oct 04, 2015
shawylux:

but where you are has network coverage na.

For the next one hour, yes cheesy
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 04, 2015
spyder880:

Oga spider, i would like to know more about independence layout phase II, how much is the cost of a plot.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by shawylux(f): 1:36pm On Oct 04, 2015
[quote author=spyder880 post=38656352]

For the next one hour, yes cheesy[/quote/
Alright
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by MrEverest(m): 1:52pm On Oct 04, 2015
Antivirus92:
I beg to deviate a little.... what is happening to music industry in d east?
why would our brothers who are into music move to d west to make it?
I thought there is something of that nature in enugwu?
In as much as I see that as a problem and not also holding forth for the musicians, I believe its all about trying to maximize optimal business profit. If you say our musician brothers are moving to Lagos then I will agree with you but to say they are moving to the west is a bit uncharitable to them. I don't think their is any known Igbo musician who is based in Ibadan, Akure, Ijebu ode, Ekiti or whatever aside Lagos. To ask why they are moving to Lagos is like asking why American actors are moving to Hollywood instead of staying in Iowa or why Indian actors are moving to Mumbai instead of staying in Punjab region undecided undecided Its all about market strategy, synergy,business prospects,market forces et al. With all the headquarters of Banks, telecommunications, Oil companies and several other business domiciled in Lagos do you think it will be easy for them to get endorsement deals or become brand ambassadors if they are not physically available in a dog-eat-dog industry On the relocation of the movie industry out of Enugu, you have to blame movie producers and marketers who incidentally are dominated by Igbos and some blame also goes to the Enugu state government because it was the Delta state government through R.M.D as the commissioner of Tourism that brought Nollywood to Asaba(which I'm not against since Asaba is equally an Igbo city) and also because Asaba is now more or less a suburb of Onitsha where majority of the marketers are domiciled.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by abagoro(m): 2:20pm On Oct 04, 2015
MrEverest:
In as much as I see that as a problem and not also holding forth for the musicians, I believe its all about trying to maximize optimal business profit. If you say our musician brothers are moving to Lagos then I will agree with you but to say they are moving to the west is a bit uncharitable to them. I don't think their is any known Igbo musician who is based in Ibadan, Akure, Ijebu ode, Ekiti or whatever aside Lagos. To ask why they are moving to Lagos is like asking why American actors are moving to Hollywood instead of staying in Iowa or why Indian actors are moving to Mumbai instead of staying in Punjab region undecided undecided Its all about market strategy, synergy,business prospects,market forces et al. With all the headquarters of Banks, telecommunications, Oil companies and several other business domiciled in Lagos do you think it will be easy for them to get endorsement deals or become brand ambassadors if they are not physically available in a dog-eat-dog industry On the relocation of the movie industry out of Enugu, you have to blame movie producers and marketers who incidentally are dominated by Igbos and some blame also goes to the Enugu state government because it was the Delta state government through R.M.D as the commissioner of Tourism that brought Nollywood to Asaba(which I'm not against since Asaba is equally an Igbo city) and also because Asaba is now more or less a suburb of Onitsha where majority of the marketers are domiciled.

Nollywood is presently an Owerri thing not Asaba as some have erroneously thought and the new permanent Nollywood city is already in the pipeline. Its a win win situation.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/nollywood-city-underway-in-imo/

The music industry on the other hand is divided. The pop or general music is a Lagos affair as it is a melting point of Nigeria but Igbos have genres that are strictly fir Igbos and they remain a Southeastern affair. These include but not limited to Egwu Ekpili, Bongo, Abigbo, Igbaeze, Highlife etc
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 04, 2015
@MrEverest, it is not good enough to have our own New York/California in lagos. Lagos is not our land and can never be. We must endeavor to develop our own equivalent of the aforementioned places in the East. Simple!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by kettykin: 2:28pm On Oct 04, 2015
abagoro:

Nollywood is presently an Owerri thing not Asaba as some have erroneously thought and the new permanent Nollywood city is already in the pipeline. Its a win win situation.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/nollywood-city-underway-in-imo/

The music industry on the other hand is divided. The pop or general music is a Lagos affair as it is a melting point of Nigeria but Igbos have genres that are strictly fir Igbos and they remain a Southeastern affair. These include but not limited to Egwu Ekpili, Bongo, Abigbo, Igbaeze, Highlife etc

I disagree with this, thanks

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kcinho(m): 2:31pm On Oct 04, 2015
Antivirus92:
does money grow in d west?
is not because of better infrastructures in d music field dat lead dem to d west?
can't we have those things in d east?
let me tell u one thing...nobody knows it all...
you can copy positive things from ur neighbors
It's not just infrastructure but market. The musicians get most of their pay from performances at events and shows. Most of these you get mostly in Lagos daily or weekly and sometimes in Abuja. Hence everyone wants to be in Lagos to be considered. You dont get serious events or shows in Enugu that often.
Sales from albums released would have kept a few back but they rarely make anything from that cos of piracy.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chino11(m): 2:37pm On Oct 04, 2015
You see reason why abagworo/abagoro should be stone to death because of his fabrications?LOL

Ask him one film that has been shot in that his Owerri? Though I still don't know why Igbos and outsiders alike avoid the state so badly cheesy

The truth is that Nollywood is an Enugu-Asaba-Onitsha thing as each of these cities complement each other in movie making to production/marketing phase.

kettykin:

I disagree with this, thanks

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 04, 2015
It is not good enough that our musicians need to go to Lagos in order to make it. That needs to change with immediate effect. The onus is on us, to put the right infrastructures in place, so that we can create a viable music industry in the East, like we did with Nollywood. So, are some people then implying that when Biafra becomes a reality tomorrow, our musicians will be expected to keep going to another country in this case nigeria, to make it right? Chukwu ekwekwala ihe ojoo. Anyi bu Ndi Igbo kwesili i bido kita choba nke anyi biko. Lagos nwa a na-ekwudi okwu ya, a buro di na o nwere isi.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 04, 2015
Places like Onitsha/Asaba should be our own equivalent of New York/New Jersey. Owerri should be our own California, while Enugu will be our own Washington D.C. Aba remains our very own Japan, while Abakaliki can be made into a thriving industrial hub. We have it all biko.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by investnow2013: 4:02pm On Oct 04, 2015
nwanlecha:
Places like Onitsha/Asaba should be our own equivalent of New York/New Jersey. Owerri should be our own California, while Enugu will be our own Washington D.C. Aba remains our very own Japan, while Abakaliki can be made into a thriving industrial hub. We have it all biko.
Bob Manual Udokwu was brought by Anambra State govt to do exactly what Delta State did With Mofe Damijo in Awka!. The Nollywood have started to shoot their Films in Anambra State again unlike in the past!. Most of Their Marketers/Producers are based in Anambra State that's why Obiano had a meeting with them concerning why they are not shooting their films in Their base! & after the meeting,they all agreed to use Awka/ Anambra State again!.The govt promised to give them some assistance which includes finance in other to carry this mission through!.Since then if you are a close obverser of Nollwood, you would have noticed that a lot of the films are now be shoot arround Awka, Okija, Onitsha, Nnewi, Otuocha, Odekpe, Agulu, etc!.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by lacosanostra: 5:26pm On Oct 04, 2015
centje:
Please, I didn't get you...could you rephrass your point...

Am saying that Nsukka people being clanish has nothing to do with their underdevelopment, they just think every good thing in Enugu shoul first come to them since they have the largest population, I think we should not take this further, we are all Igbos
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:30pm On Oct 04, 2015
Is there any present or former actor/musician or comedian of Enugu state origin who is/was in governmen? Why not if not?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 6:20pm On Oct 04, 2015
lacosanostra:

Am saying that Nsukka people being clanish has nothing to do with their underdevelopment, they just think every good thing in Enugu shoul first come to them since they have the largest population, I think we should not take this further, we are all Igbos

As you know, i am not an nsukka person, so you must know iam giving you an unbiased opinion in this matter.
Developing Nsukka to become a top notch city in Enugu state should also be of utmost priority to the state.

The problem with most of us is that being in Nigeria where every effort is made to site everything in ONLY Abuja or Lagos, as if those were the beginning and end of Nigeria, we carry on the same regrettable mindset of siting everything ONLY in the state capital. Except in Delta state where they view Warri as the state capital.

Strategizing and developing Nsukka into a great green city should not take away the attention from Enugu city development. Just requires more government involvement in adequately planning the new Nsukka city, attracting industrialists to set up in the identified industrial layout of Nsukka is good for Enugu state.

Let us imbibe the American way of developing every city equally based on our resources. Someone living in Nsukka or Nnewi or Okigwe should have the same standard and quality of life as someone living in Enugu, Owerri or Onitsha. The horrible "one city mentality" must die in Igboland development.

Making all cities in Igboland habitable is the way to progress, not "one city state" phenomenon we inherited from the warped Nigerian mentality.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 04, 2015
Don't bring stupidity to this thread biko
chino11:
You see reason why abagworo/abagoro should be stone to death because of his fabrications?LOL

Ask him one film that has been shot in that his Owerri? Though I still don't know why Igbos and outsiders alike avoid the state so badly cheesy

The truth is that Nollywood is an Enugu-Asaba-Onitsha thing as each of these cities complement each other in movie making to production/marketing phase.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chino11(m): 6:29pm On Oct 04, 2015
You are silly and stup1d as well. tongue

DikeOha882:
Don't bring stupidity to this thread biko
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 04, 2015
Just letting you know cos peddling stupidity is not allowed here.
chino11:

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chino11(m): 6:39pm On Oct 04, 2015
I need to remind you that silliness and daftness of yours is not needed here. You own NL right? Oya come move me out. Anu ofia..

DikeOha882:
Just letting you know cos peddling stupidity is not allowed here.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by investnow2013: 6:39pm On Oct 04, 2015
OreMI22:

As you know, i am not an nsukka person, so you must know iam giving you an unbiased opinion in this matter.
Developing Nsukka to become a top notch city in Enugu state should also be of utmost priority to the state.

The problem with most of us is that being in Nigeria where every effort is made to site everything in ONLY Abuja or Lagos, as if those were the beginning and end of Nigeria, we carry on the same regrettable mindset of siting everything ONLY in the state capital. Except in Delta state where they view Warri as the state capital.

Strategizing and developing Nsukka into a great green city should not take away the attention from Enugu city development. Just requires more government involvement in adequately planning the new Nsukka city, attracting industrialists to set up in the identified industrial layout of Nsukka is good for Enugu state.

Let us imbibe the American way of developing every city equally based on our resources. Someone living in Nsukka or Nnewi or Okigwe should have the same standard and quality of life as someone living in Enugu, Owerri or Onitsha. The horrible "one city mentality" must die in Igboland development.

Making all cities in Igboland habitable is the way to progress, not "one city state" phenomenon we inherited from the warped Nigerian mentality.
I totally agree with You on that!. If Enugu State will join Comity of economic competive State, they must try to open up Nsukka & Ugwuoba areas!This will help to absorb our people who are returning from all over Nigeria thereby making Alaigbo's economy competive!. Udo dili unu nile

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 04, 2015
Nobody is driving you away, just reminding you that we play different set of rule here
chino11:
I need to remind you that silliness and daftness of yours is not needed here. You own NL right? Oya come move me out. Anu ofia..

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chino11(m): 6:51pm On Oct 04, 2015
You are a dunce! I thought you actually had the power to move me when you started yapping!

DikeOha882:
Nobody is driving you away, just reminding you that we play different set of rule here
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 04, 2015
chino11:

Chino for God's sake, can we let this thread be sane! this is not imo pls

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chino11(m): 6:54pm On Oct 04, 2015
But the silly dunce called my attention so I had to respond accordingly. Have you seen me make trouble with anyone on this thread? NO!

willow0802:

Chino for God's sake, can we let this thread be sane! this is not imo pls
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 04, 2015
chino11:
But the silly dunce called my attention so I had to respond accordingly. Have you seen me make trouble with anyone on this thread? NO!

Just let it pass chino

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Antivirus92(m): 10:06pm On Oct 04, 2015
Kcinho:

It's not just infrastructure but market. The musicians get most of their pay from performances at events and shows. Most of these you get mostly in Lagos daily or weekly and sometimes in Abuja. Hence everyone wants to be in Lagos to be considered. You dont get serious events or shows in Enugu that often.
Sales from albums released would have kept a few back but they rarely make anything from that cos of piracy.
but brother rome was not built in a day.
my point is dat we should start making east attractive.
we should remove dat mindset dat Lagos n abuja are developed and so our brothers must go there in order to succeed.
let's start working on making east look like abj or lag.
only when we understand dis ourselves then we can achieve it. it won't be an overnight work.
but gradually with time n determination we can do it.
it starts from u and i
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Antivirus92(m): 10:11pm On Oct 04, 2015
MrEverest:
so there is nothing we can do about it?
can't all those things be put in place in d east?
remember it adds much to d economy

(1) (2) (3) ... (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) ... (696) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.