Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (450) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1774615 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ZeroTolerance: 8:54pm On Nov 20, 2015
spyder880:

Finally, the road to Tigerkenn homes estates at Ugwuomu Nike cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Is that an ideal name for an estate where humans are to live?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Chekitaut: 1:42am On Nov 21, 2015
From the desk of Chekitaut:
Count on us for the best Quantity, Quality, Affordable price of Granite.

Island, V.I, Ikoyi, Lekki, Ajah(Roundabout)
30Tons Granite=N140,000

Call Now: 08055545355,08032887233
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:53am On Nov 21, 2015
Enugu

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:57am On Nov 21, 2015
More, enugu

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 6:25pm On Nov 21, 2015
Oga Spyder880, any news from our centenary city? Or is development in the city stall already?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Obiobi8(m): 8:08pm On Nov 21, 2015
christejames:
Oga Spyder880, any news from our centenary city? Or is development in the city stall already?

What is centenary city??
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by coolzeal(m): 8:50pm On Nov 21, 2015
I wonder if the Nsukka water dam project has been completed?..
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ezeagu(m): 1:20am On Nov 22, 2015
liberty300:
Enugu

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3099150_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

There should be more commercial and maybe even residential buildings of this size. I think this should be the limit if Enugu doesn't already have one.

There's limited space and everyone doesn't need to build a palace to live in luxury, penthouses and flats would serve just as well and conserve land and the environment.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 10:39am On Nov 22, 2015
Obiobi8:

What is centenary city??
...its a city conceived by the past administration to mark the 100th year of our nationhood, there is one in Abuja also... Development has since started there.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Scholes007(m): 11:28am On Nov 22, 2015
christejames:
...its a city conceived by the past administration to mark the 100th year of our nationhood, there is one in Abuja also... Development has since started there.
can you or anyone give us an update on the development there
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 9:19pm On Nov 22, 2015
Scholes007:
i am not in Enugu now...
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:22pm On Nov 22, 2015
Scholes007:

Work is ongoing there, will visit the site before year end.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:25pm On Nov 22, 2015
Distant shots of ESUT, Agbani. Pictures taken from Agbani station.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cjrane2: 10:28pm On Nov 22, 2015
spyder880:

Work is ongoing there, will visit the site before year end.

I was wondering if work is still going on at the Enugu International Conference center and the museum there?

That museum and Igbo gallery should be developed into a top tourist attraction containing our native utensils, music instruments, ceremonial masks, masquerades costume, hunting tools, farming tools and a little narrative on our big ceremonies as the new yam festival or Ofalla festivals etc. We should create at least 7 top tourist sites around Enugu where a typical tourist visiting for 7 days can visit and not be bored visiting Enugu.

We should study the Nairobi example that has so many museums and galleries that you can stay in Nairobi for weeks and have great places to visit everyday.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ezeagu(m): 11:51pm On Nov 22, 2015
Cjrane2, A culture of museum going, nightlife, dining, the arts, and sophistication would need to spring up indigenously. If you make Enugu a creative and exciting place for creative young people, especially from UNN and with people like Earl Anatsui based in Nsukka, you will strike gold. It will take money and investment. Currently, nowhere in Nigeria really has that kind of aura, and the National Museum in Enugu is locked and empty for most of the year because people don't have the sophistication or foresight, it's part of the short sightedness Nigerians/Africans have that keeps the country in one place. There needs to be a mini revolution, not imported carnivals and fake wine culture.

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ezeagu(m): 2:08am On Nov 23, 2015
Anyway, I'm bored of writing posts on nairaland. It's time to do or shut up.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Bishop42: 10:11am On Nov 23, 2015
Quotes of the Day from Kingsly Omose

* $860bn: The size of Norway's Wealth Fund, the largest in the world, accumulated from not sharing but investing all the revenue earned from its production of oil and gas.

* Four(4), the maximum percent of earnings from Norwegian Wealth Fund that can be directly injected into its economy which is funded through taxes.

*Common sense demands that if a country's foreign reserves is being depleted, the first step is to open up to attractmore foreign investment.

* The percentage of retail and wholesale businesses that
foreigners can now own in Saudi Arabia, up from 75%, in its
drive to attract new investment.

*Ghana is now suffering the 'Oil Curse' after tripling salaries in the civil service and expanding energy subsidies, and borrowing heavily.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by orlanmagic: 5:26pm On Nov 23, 2015
Nsukka residents seek exploration of gas, crude deposits
Posted By: Christian Okworon: November 06, 2015In: Southeast reportNo Comments Print Email
Share 27 Tweet 0
Nsukka residents seek exploration of gas, crude deposits
•The abandoned site

A natural gas and oil well discovered about 50 years ago at Ehalumona in Nsukka Local Government Area of Enugu State has remained untapped since its discovery.

The residents have expressed the desire to see exploration activities at the site.

The natural gas and oil deposit in the area is said to be in large commercial quantity and estimated to last for over 50 years.

An indigenous oil and gas company, Seveen Energy was said to have acquired the site for exploration but abandoned it for what insiders called political interference.

The vast gas site was first discovered by CGG Company prior to the Nigerian Civil War in 1966. It has been overgrown with weeds and left in a deplorable state.

The untapped crude deposit found in abundance in the area has traces of the same deposits in other communities in Nsukka and also cut across local governments in the area.

The areas that have traces of the crude deposits include Obollo Ekeh, Ezebinagu, Isi Uzo, amomg others.

The major base of the oil is in Ehalumona and it has about 30% petrol and 70% natural gas deposits.

The residents of the oil rich communities have expressed worry over the inability of the indigenous company, Seveen Energy to carry on further explorative activities since the Federal Government awarded it since 2013.

The residents dislosed that the Seveen Energy company had carried out a siesmic operation they termed environmental impact assessment in February 2014 at the abandoned oil zone.

In 2008 the huge natural gas deposit attracted Geokinetic Gas and Oil Plc, for further exploration of the site but failed to continue.

A community leader, Cletus Akor disclosed that prior to the Nigerian civil war in 1966, the oil and gas deposits had earlier attracted CGG company where they carried it’s first seismic exploration but couldn’t continue as a result of the severity of the civil war.

The community youth leader, Oji Uzo expressed his dissatisfaction over the abandoned oil-rich zone, describing it as a waste of both human and capital resources.

He said: “This type of thing should not be joked with. Look at an endowment being overlooked, something that would have been a source of employment opportunities for jobless Nigerian youths is overgrown by grasses. When this company first came here, our youth were employed as labourers and some worked in other lucrative positions, but look at how delapidated it is, a treasure of a nation.

“They told us that they would test the natural gas which they did and carried a half tanker of the crude gas for test, but we have not heard from them again.”

Also, Mr. Jonathan Ugwuanyi disclosed that apart from the Natural gas located in the area that there are untapped natural resources like Gold, Coal, among other resources located in the area.

The traditional ruler of Ezebinagu /Ehandiagu communities, Igwe Daniel Ugwuanyi expressed his belief that the company may begin exploration of the natural gas soon.

He said: “If this gas deposit is explored, it will create job opportunities for the people as well as a source of revenue for the Federal and State government.”

He said that the gas deposit would likely foster the construction of the much neglected Nsukka, Ehalumona, Ehandiagu, Mbu-Ikem road,” he said.

He therefore apealed to the State and Federal government to react positively to the abandoned huge gas deposit located in Ezebinagu/ Ehandiagu communities.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Obiobi8(m): 1:07pm On Nov 24, 2015
christejames:

Ok thanks..

I've been googling around and it seems to me like they are only doing it in Abuja..
Not in Enugu..

I seriously doubt they will do this in Enugu..

http://www.blackborderbuild.com/nigeria-updates/category/centenary-city

The only thing being built in the South East are roads and malls..
All by foreign investors..

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 24, 2015
ezeagu:
Cjrane2, A culture of museum going, nightlife, dining, the arts, and sophistication would need to spring up indigenously. If you make Enugu a creative and exciting place for creative young people, especially from UNN and with people like Earl Anatsui based in Nsukka, you will strike gold. It will take money and investment. Currently, nowhere in Nigeria really has that kind of aura, and the National Museum in Enugu is locked and empty for most of the year because people don't have the sophistication or foresight, it's part of the short sightedness Nigerians/Africans have that keeps the country in one place. There needs to be a mini revolution, not imported carnivals and fake wine culture.

And marking Halloween celebration in schools but meanwhile getting ndi ekpele to flog or deliver lipsrsealed the living daylights out of our masquerades and traditional ceremonies shocked angry....
SMH

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 24, 2015
I know a town in Ezeagu, Enugu State where a large and economic quantity of natural fuel was found a long time ago
The natives chased away the prospecters, and till this day, the area remains secluded and unaccessible
This is in one town, there may be pockets of such fuel in other Ezeagu towns, and most probably beyond the local government area
My point is that Enugu State definitely has more than coal
Quote me anywhere

(This post is for the eventuality of a Biafra (ideally) or true federalism (can be managed too)
Necessity will bring out gas, petroleum, coal and even more in the South East states, and for Ndigbo and their related kin in this region and beyond..true story

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:36pm On Nov 24, 2015
ezeagu:
Anyway, I'm bored of writing posts on nairaland. It's time to do or shut up.

Me too
I am thinking of attending an IPOB meeting cheesy.....
Just because (shrugs)...
There is no meeting of or for people like me who want true federalism, is there? I would attend too

I want to listen to people talk, I will probably learn a lot
I am sure I do not want to join a political party
Meanwhile, do not stop posting on NL, ever, or I would hate cheesy
I learn a lot from your submissions
Cheers

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 24, 2015
Two observations for the Coal City
There has been a supply of tap water on consecutive days (from Saturday to this moment)
This is a huge improvement.....before now, (from around May this year) it was every three days, and before that, lipsrsealed
It is nice to see the restoration of the water supply, after the many glitches, hitches and hiccups it underwent
cool

There is a new MOBIL filling station on Zik Avenue, it is good for serving people with fuel esp those who live close to the area and the people who make money from it in any way. But it will be a source of traffic congestion in a road that we need to be free-ish considering that the main market is close to it
I hope they dont plan to be selling fuel from 5pm, when the market closes

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 6:04pm On Nov 24, 2015
Obiobi8:

Ok thanks..

I've been googling around and it seems to me like they are only doing it in Abuja..
Not in Enugu..

...google 'Enugu golf city' I think that would help.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Mishelly: 9:15pm On Nov 24, 2015
Does anyone know the stage of the international conference? Is work still ongoing ?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ezeagu(m): 7:32am On Nov 25, 2015
I was thinking maybe something like a living museum can be created and branded with Thing Fall Apart. What I mean is a museum with actors/staff dressed and acting as people from 19th/18th century Igboland (a generalised one) and then to capitalise on the world wide impact of Achebe's Things Fall Apart, the museum can be partly centred around the story while providing accurate information about everyday life. People will now have reason to come as it would be branded as the 'home of Okonkwo' similar to the impact Harry Potter, Sherlock Homes and other literary and TV icons have had on cities like London. (They have a 'Harry Potter's London' section on the official London tourism site: http://www.visitlondon.com/things-to-do/sightseeing/london-attraction/harry-potters-london, an Enugu tourism site can have a Things Fall Apart section. It can also be linked to slavery, having an international museum of slavery in the city, and also because of the still existing slave trails. There's even an Igbo section of the International Museum of Slavery in the UK: http://www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/ism/visit/floor-plan/africa/igbo-compound.aspx

I'm even giving people free business ideas here.

milychocs, I hear you.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ezeagu(m): 10:33am On Nov 25, 2015
Obiobi8:

Ok thanks..

Not in Enugu..

Malls, roads and hotels. With that money people could have built serious industries, especially with agriculture. Can you imagine the amount of fruits alone: pawpaw, mangos, soursop, udara, and other unique fruits that are ignored? Not to talk about shea, palm oil, and other billion dollar crops.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by B69U: 10:50am On Nov 25, 2015
What design can we expect here

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by B69U: 10:52am On Nov 25, 2015
I prefer the original design. The one in ths second pic. The structure looks like the first pic.

We need Biafra, i am tired of yoruba and hausa .

They wont let us grow, they keep pulling us back.

Can someone tell me why APC feel the need to change design of a PDP ongoing project?

The whole purpose of the redesign is to make the airport smaller from the top on both sides.

The envy is just too much and dat is why everybody need to go about their own affairs.

No more Nigeria, Biafra is wat we want.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 25, 2015
Umu Enugwu Bu Umu Enu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by B69U: 11:08am On Nov 25, 2015
On the construction site earlier this year, this was the plan.

Jealousy, despite the ongoing construction of airport in Kano, Lagos and Abuja, cannot let them leave the plan alone.

Yoruba went and redesign it? No seaport, no airport in the east not becos of hausa but yorubas.

They should divide Nigeria fast. I want to see wat yorubas will do then.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by basilo101: 2:53pm On Nov 25, 2015
B69U:
On the construction site earlier this year, this was the plan.

Jealousy, despite the ongoing construction of airport in Kano, Lagos and Abuja, cannot let them leave the plan alone.

Yoruba went and redesign it? No seaport, no airport in the east not becos of hausa but yorubas.

They should divide Nigeria fast. I want to see wat yorubas will do then.
Its not that bad though, considering we had none before

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (694) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.