Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,664 members, 7,801,919 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (481) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1774644 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by investnow2013: 10:15am On Nov 30, 2016
spyder880:

How many projects do you know me to have supported in Enugu state? Hundreds maybe. How many more do you know me to be planning now? Thousands more. I have done more in developing Enugu state than most governors. How has Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi efforts helped Enugu state more than mine before we placed him on top of our resources?

But my village has been abandoned. And you want me to support more projects that will develop other parts of Enugu state while neglecting some parts?

Did I ever mention Nomeh votes make governors? Yet they float in and beg for our votes each election period?

We should not suppress other people's political views because it is different from ours.
Enugu people should endeavour to take the bull by its horns!!!. They should start to develop the Their communities themselves and stop waiting for the elusive handouts from the highly ineffective govt we have here in Nigeria and Alaigbo in particular!!!. There are so much you can accomplish by doing that!!!.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 1:32pm On Nov 30, 2016
basilo102:

Will Nomeh vote make a governor, you should have talked about a project that will benefit enugu people in general and not your village alone

Is his village not part of the state?
What is wrong with some of you?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 1:33pm On Nov 30, 2016
DelGardo:

It was the same mentality that PDP foisted on our people that they tried to elevate to the national level before we, who saw the danger in it, sent their asses back to Otuoke.

Yet we Ndigbo lined up behind IPOB, and similar mentality, in rejection of alternative views of government and popular desire for change.

Life will teach its lessons...

What concerns Pdp with ipob?
Abeg, swerve
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by rozayx5(m): 1:52pm On Nov 30, 2016
eaglechild:
Enugu is beginning to wear a cloak of darkness at night.

It's well lit streets are fast disappearing and driving at night is no longer as pleasurable and safe as it used to be.

I believe the present governor,Ugwuanyi, just feels that streetlights and traffic lights are some form of unnecessary decoration.
He doesn't know that they are a very critical aspect of urban development.

Streetlights help in drastically reducing crime and it enhances nightlife and the economy of the city.

Presently the bulbs are not being replaced. Even Okpara Square axis, presidential road and many major roads remain pitch dark. This is what we NEVER experienced in the past administration.
It is just a matter of time before hoodlums take over these places at night.

All the governor needs to do is MAINTAIN the facilities on ground but even this is proving too difficult.

People always shouted about how "clannish" these peeps can get but I waved it off. I guess I was wrong.

same problem Uyo is facing under Gov Udom
darkness everywhere at night

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by DelGardo: 2:28pm On Nov 30, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

What concerns Pdp with ipob?
Abeg, swerve

One will need an IQ larger than that of a millipede to make that link.
Therefore I don't expect you to know.
Have a good day.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by basilo102: 3:13am On Dec 01, 2016
spyder880:

How many projects do you know me to have supported in Enugu state? Hundreds maybe. How many more do you know me to be planning now? Thousands more. I have done more in developing Enugu state than most governors. How has Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi efforts helped Enugu state more than mine before we placed him on top of our resources?

But my village has been abandoned. And you want me to support more projects that will develop other parts of Enugu state while neglecting some parts?

Did I ever mention Nomeh votes make governors? Yet they float in and beg for our votes each election period?

We should not suppress other people's political views because it is different from ours.
Chimaroke Nnamani focused too much on Agbani while neglecting other more important places yet we all gave him maximum support, at the end, Agbani and all it offers is for us all. Forget the "my village" thing, its divisive.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 3:25am On Dec 01, 2016
basilo102:

Chimaroke Nnamani focused too much on Agbani while neglecting other more important places yet we all gave him maximum support, at the end, Agbani and all it offers is for us all. Forget the "my village" thing, its divisive.

Ugwuanyi will not win second term if Enugu and Awgu dump him

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 4:51am On Dec 01, 2016
Please let us all stop these divisive comments. The good of the whole of Enugu from Nkanu down to Udi down to nsukka should be a priority of every government. We continue to demand for an inclusive governance from Ugwuanyi and his team.

God bless Enugu state

Happy New month all

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:02am On Dec 01, 2016
basilo102:

I cannot understand how Chimaroke policies should be a reason for the support of under developing some parts of Enugu state. Am I from Agbani? Is Agbani in my local government area?

So if Chimaroke focused on Agbani, I should not talk about my village? My village should not get light or water or any other amenities in 40 years and you talk of Chimaroke Nnamani and Agbani. Maybe it was you who gave him maximum support because I cannot support the government of a person who is dishonest.

Talking about the development of my village is now divisive? Chai!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:06am On Dec 01, 2016
OreMI22:

Will he even wake up and smell the coffee? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:15am On Dec 01, 2016
Digitron:
Please let us all stop these divisive comments. The good of the whole of Enugu from Nkanu down to Udi down to nsukka should be a priority of every government. We continue to demand for an inclusive governance from Ugwuanyi and his team.

God bless Enugu state

Happy New month all

I was the person who went down to Enugu Ezike in 2013 to picture the bad roads and complain bitterly about the neglect there!

I was the person who opened a thread here with the bad roads and neglect of Enugu/Onitsha express road and it went viral, hit the front page and drew a lot of comments. My pictures hit newspapers nationally.

I have complained about other neglects in every part of Enugu, did an article on Onyeama mines and AVOP factory, all abandoned to burn.

I monitor all development in Enugu, Eswama, ECTDA , Enugu north and East LGA, and have pictures from Awka, Owerri, Port Harcourt, Umuahia and Ebonyi, and indeed all states of the south east. I am always here to report my findings.

And someone will tell me that complaining about the neglect of Nomeh Unateze impassable roads is divisive?

Can you imagine? grin

11 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:28am On Dec 01, 2016
In 2012, I said this while opening this great thread. I did not mention my village.

I have covered more than 100 Enugu communities with pictures before remembering where I come from.

And in 2016 , someone now says am making divisive comments?

Note: No projects has been started or planned in Nomeh or any neighbouring Town from the beginning of this thread till today!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by basilo102: 3:49am On Dec 02, 2016
spyder880:

I think this is the right thing to do. If i can get an APGA party candidate make a promise to give my Nomeh village road an asphalt finish, I will throw my resources in his support. PDP seems to be going deaf in Enugu. These guys are becoming too comfortable in their inefficiency.

I had to quote this post again to draw attention to where all this started. my point is that we should think of what the APGA candidate have to offer ENUGU STATE so that we all can support him, since Nomeh village alone can't make someone governor.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:31am On Dec 02, 2016
basilo102:

I had to quote this post again to draw attention to where all this started. my point is that we should think of what the APGA candidate have to offer ENUGU STATE so that we all can support him, since Nomeh village alone can't make someone governor.

And so I should be forced to support a PDP candidate just because he MAY have something to offer ENUGU STATE alone, since NOMEH village should be considered INSIGNIFICANT enough that they should not complain just because they cannot make someone governor? cheesy Very funny grin

Of course I get your point clearly.

And that is why I said you are suppressing the right of a people to complain, which makes the whole democratic set up look like slavery, if we are to apply your suggestions.

Now listen to this. The right of a people to complain, protest or even vote against a particular ruling party if they view the policies and programmes of the candidates or party as retrogressive to their existence or survival is the true tenets of the DEMOCRATIC process which we are trying to strengthen in our state and country. It's all about my rights to freedom of choice. In as much as I am going about it the rightful way without breaching public peace, it's my right to suggest my support to anyone who can address my concerns. You have no right to tell me who to vote for.

Why is someone afraid of APGA candidates, or any other candidates or parties? Are the Enugu PDP afraid of competition? grin grin

Btw: Have you withdrawn from your Chimaroke argument?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 8:07am On Dec 02, 2016
basilo102:

This is a very bad mentality. So, because Agbani is still in Enugu, i should not clamour for some dividends to come to my neck of the wood? This is a bad precedence that has become a culture in Enugu whereby a governor goes in and starts turning his village into heaven on earth and neglecting other parts. You now wonder why some people support Rotation of power.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 8:11am On Dec 02, 2016
I think APGA has to be the iggest sleeping giant ever. They are just to selfish and lazy. It's very easy for APGA to win all the South East states but i don't know why they are holding baack. I don't mind them taking Enugu as long as they provide a better candidate than Ugwuanyi. I also don't understand why someone like CHime, with all his foresight could not give Enugu someone who will best his achiements, instead he was more interested in rotation of power.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:13am On Dec 02, 2016
Afam4eva:
I think APGA has to be the iggest sleeping giant ever. They are just to selfish and lazy. It's very easy for APGA to win all the South East states but i don't know why they are holding baack. I don't mind them taking Enugu as long as they provide a better candidate than Ugwuanyi. I also don't understand why someone like CHime, with all his foresight could not give Enugu someone who will best his achiements, instead he was more interested in rotation of power.

Exactly my argument, why should everyone be in PDP even when it's clear they are turning up unpopular candidates. It has become too easy for these few guys to bamboozle the whole state and foist underdevelopment across the state.

APGA should push inwards and give us more credible candidates who will make a huge difference and end the laziness in PDP.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by DelGardo: 11:10am On Dec 02, 2016
spyder880:

Exactly my argument, why should everyone be in PDP even when it's clear they are turning up unpopular candidates. It has become too easy for these few guys to bamboozle the whole state and foist underdevelopment across the state.

APGA should push inwards and give us more credible candidates who will make a huge difference and end the laziness in PDP.

APGA! grin cheesy grin ...
...the timid subsidiary of PDP... you must be having a laugh

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 1:09pm On Dec 02, 2016
spyder880:

The reason PDP has had it easy in Enugu in the past is because they have produced candidates that i'll call "Safe candidates". They are not the best in the world but they are also not that bad. They've been average people who are not doing anything out of this world, but are trying to maintain the pride of Enugu, so people never saw any reason to push them out. But with Ugwuanyi, things may begin to change and we sincerely need that competition. It's not just APGA, every political party in Enugu state should be on their toes, so that our leaders will sit up.

DelGardo:

APGA! grin cheesy grin ...
...the timid subsidiary of PDP... you must be having a laugh
It is really not about the part per se but the candidates they bring forward. APGA is not doing badly in Anambra state. It won't be bad if we can have a governor in the mold of Peter Obi or Willie Obiano. I really don't know what ugwuanyi's plan for Enugu is really?

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by DelGardo: 7:43pm On Dec 02, 2016
Afam4eva:

The reason PDP has had it easy in Enugu in the past is because they have produced candidates that i'll call "Safe candidates". They are not the best in the world but they are also not that bad. They've been average people who are not doing anything out of this world, but are trying to maintain the pride of Enugu, so people never saw any reason to push them out. But with Ugwuanyi, things may begin to change and we sincerely need that competition. It's not just APGA, every political party in Enugu state should be on their toes, so that our leaders will sit up.

It is really not about the part per se but the candidates they bring forward. APGA is not doing badly in Anambra state. It won't be bad if we can have a governor in the mold of Peter Obi or Willie Obiano. I really don't know what ugwuanyi's plan for Enugu is really?

I see your point.
You can't turn a donkey into a racehorse. He has some time left to improve, one hopes he makes the best use of it.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by waternogetenemy: 8:32pm On Dec 02, 2016
Enugu should be prepared to embrace APGA by 2019, if nothing good comes out of the present PDP led Government in Enugu.

PDP has gone to the dogs since GEJ exit. It is not looking good so far.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:55pm On Dec 02, 2016
waternogetenemy:
Enugu should be prepared to embrace APGA by 2019, if nothing good comes out of the present PDP led Government in Enugu.

Not looking good at all. I see some people already resting, while they should be working now.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by basilo102: 2:59am On Dec 03, 2016
spyder880:

And so I should be forced to support a PDP candidate just because he MAY have something to offer ENUGU STATE alone, since NOMEH village should be considered INSIGNIFICANT enough that they should not complain just because they cannot make someone governor? cheesy Very funny grin

Of course I get your point clearly.

And that is why I said you are suppressing the right of a people to complain, which makes the whole democratic set up look like slavery, if we are to apply your suggestions.

Now listen to this. The right of a people to complain, protest or even vote against a particular ruling party if they view the policies and programmes of the candidates or party as retrogressive to their existence or survival is the true tenets of the DEMOCRATIC process which we are trying to strengthen in our state and country. It's all about my rights to freedom of choice. In as much as I am going about it the rightful way without breaching public peace, it's my right to suggest my support to anyone who can address my concerns. You have no right to tell me who to vote for.

Why is someone afraid of APGA candidates, or any other candidates or parties? Are the Enugu PDP afraid of competition? grin grin

Btw: Have you withdrawn from your Chimaroke argument?
I am telling you how to increase the chances of the proposed APGA candidate and you are saying totally different thing. As for chimaroke argument, we from other zones don't know about your villages, all we know is that your zone has benefit greatly and we are all happy for that as long as it is in the overall interest of Enugu state. I brought up the chimaroke argument because of your claim in bold, repeated below
And you want me to support more projects that will develop other parts of Enugu state while neglecting some parts?
Agbani is your part, that's my argument
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by basilo102: 3:33am On Dec 03, 2016
OreMI22:

Same way Nomeh alone can't decide who becomes the governor, we are saying the same thing
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by basilo102: 3:36am On Dec 03, 2016
spyder880:

Will he even wake up and smell the coffee? cheesy
Its funny how you agree that without Enugu and Awgu, Ugwuanyi will fail but don't want to agree that the support of Nomeh alone can't produce a governor
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mensdept: 4:40am On Dec 03, 2016
waternogetenemy:

So is it in 2019 that one should have done something since 2007?

Well, its never too late to be serious

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 7:19am On Dec 03, 2016
Digitron:

God bless Enugu state

Happy New month all

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/ugwuanyi-pioneers-industrial-revolution-enugu/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

This story is more about that supposed Chinese led industrial zone

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:04am On Dec 03, 2016
What is happening in town today? Let me see how the Okpara square work out is going on. Need to sweat it out this morning grin

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cooly100: 11:03am On Dec 03, 2016
asha80:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/ugwuanyi-pioneers-industrial-revolution-enugu/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

This story is more about that supposed Chinese led industrial zone

The pics of the groundbreaking ceremony....

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Godprotectigbo2(f): 11:45am On Dec 03, 2016
Cooly100:

guy put picture of the highlighted project pls
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 11:46am On Dec 03, 2016
Cooly100:

this is for the free trade zone and not the Chinese led industrial zone I talked about
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Godprotectigbo2(f): 11:54am On Dec 03, 2016
asha80:
this is for the free trade zone and not the Chinese led industrial zone I talked about

PUT DAT ONE.....U GUYS SHOULD STOP KEEPING US in A LOOP

POST MORE PICTURES LETS SHAME HATERS

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (694) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.