Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,777 members, 7,806,151 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (503) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1777597 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) ... (696) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by passion007: 4:36pm On Jul 16, 2017
property123:

Unec
Spot on, nwa afo!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 4:43pm On Jul 16, 2017
property123:

Unec

I love those pictures. Enugu is so picturesque and an idea place for relaxation and fun theme parks.
Hopefully, we can get private entrepreneurs that will set up proper amusement park in Enugu for the region and beyond.

The importance of an international level recreational theme park center in Enugu has been discussed at several times in this thread. Hopefully some of those Igbos running to Gambia to build mushroom hotels for because they say there is nothing to invest in SE can learn a thing or two from the video below of Hi-Impact Amusement park owned by entrepreneurs.

There is enough land along the Enugu - Onitsha expressway (A little after Ninth Mile junction) that a massive theme park can be strategic center for the region and beyond. Not to talk of the quadruple effect it would have on tourism for the state government wishing to get tourists into the state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ESvYoxCCGc

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by property123: 8:20pm On Jul 17, 2017
passion007:

Spot on, nwa afo!

Enugu bu nke anyi

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by DelGardo: 8:50pm On Jul 17, 2017
nonsobaba:
The FG intervened and made both Barth and Emeka Offor to reach an agreement for financial settlement to resolve the dispute. But the problem now is that Barth can't afford the fee that Offor has billed him for the Aba business unit to be relinquished to Geometric. I hear that Offor is asking Nnaji to cough out about 2.8 billion naira or thereabout.

Nice to hear.

I have heard some people accuse Buhari of killing the the Aba project. If what you say is true it means this administration is facilitating the project contrary to general perception.

Thanks for the update.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by SGANIVA(m): 1:01pm On Jul 18, 2017
the governor is doing nothing , I went to enugu and I was disappointed .refused domp every were, pot holes appearing every were .some body should tell this governor to be serious abeg

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by property123: 3:03pm On Jul 19, 2017
OreMI22:
An international standard Theme park is needed for Enugu

Honestly any investors that does this will really reap bountifully.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 4:05pm On Jul 19, 2017
OreMI22:
An international standard Theme park is needed for Enugu
I thought i was the only one actually thinking of how great an Amusement park will do for Enugu. It will definitely put Enugu on the map. It's not just any kind but world class.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 4:34pm On Jul 19, 2017
OreMI22:

I love those pictures. Enugu is so picturesque and an idea place for relaxation and fun theme parks.
Hopefully, we can get private entrepreneurs that will set up proper amusement park in Enugu for the region and beyond.

The importance of an international level recreational theme park center in Enugu has been discussed at several times in this thread. Hopefully some of those Igbos running to Gambia to build mushroom hotels for because they say there is nothing to invest in SE can learn a thing or two from the video below of Hi-Impact Amusement park owned by entrepreneurs.

There is enough land along the Enugu - Onitsha expressway (A little after Ninth Mile junction) that a massive theme park can be strategic center for the region and beyond. Not to talk of the quadruple effect it would have on tourism for the state government wishing to get tourists into the state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ESvYoxCCGc

Most of our business people building hotels in south africa and gambia can actually invest in a wotld class theme park in Enugu in partnership with the state government.

It will be a money spinner for the investor as well as help the state improve its global tourism destination rating.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Goodnuel: 5:56pm On Jul 21, 2017
SGANIVA:
the governor is doing nothing , I went to enugu and I was disappointed .refused domp every were, pot holes appearing every were .some body should tell this governor to be serious abeg
Could you list where the pot holes are coming up??
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ogbuefi2020: 10:27pm On Jul 24, 2017
SGANIVA:
Maintenance of all infrastructures are on going in Enugu, Even if you saw pot hole, how does that translate to "the governor is doing nothing"?

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ogbuefi2020: 10:42pm On Jul 24, 2017
spyder880:

Our express ways are very busy, so busy that I know we need an alternative. I am about to go to Onitsha from Enugu now and my main worry is how much of pain killer drugs I will take later this evening as the roads are so bad and will damage vehicles and human health. We need the rails if we can get it.
what will you move from Enugu to Onitsha? A distance that can be covered by a motorcycle in few hours?? will you move palm oil from Enugu to Onitsha instead of Enugu to Yola or Maiduguri? which one is more profitable? Will you move Aba made shoes to Owerri instead of Aba to Jos when someone in owerri can easily jog to Aba ? Please throw that rail plan into the dustbin, it is isolationist and economically unviable. We need rails, yes, but we need rails to connect us to other parts of Nigeria especially large cities not rail connecting all villages which are almost the same. Its like telling an airline to ply Enugu -Owerri or PH -Uyo. Nobody will invest in your pipedream

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ogbuefi2020: 10:47pm On Jul 24, 2017
Cjrane2:

That imposter has a hidden agenda. Don't be fooled by their Igbo sounding names. They are abooki or Afonjas stock in trade to answer "Ojukwu's son" or O"Obi of Onitsha" or some silly name to thinly disguise their hateful comments and anti-Igbo agenda.

They are so pained by the thought of any viable infrastructure in the SE or SS so that they economic strangulation will be effective. That is why i wholeheartedly support nnamdi Kanu for his clear insight in what they are doing to suffocate us and his determination to speak out against them.

Remember how they fought viciously against any attempt at internationalization of Enugu airport. They have since continued to deny other airlines who wanted to come to Enugu any access to make sure it's only one airline at Enugu. Meanwhile in Kano, they are giving airlines already in Lagos and Abuja landing rights, even if they go there once a week! The same people argued against Onitsha seaport, Asaba airport, against ONNE deep sea port project., Against the Port Harcourt -Maiduguri railway line that it is not viable, Against deep sea port at Ibaka or Calabar that it's not viable. Not to mention other historic things they did such as moving the steel industry originally slated for Onitsha to Ajaokuta and moving the refused to construct Imo airport even when the federal executive council then approved the construction of an airport in Yola and Owerri, then only two 19 state capitals without airports.

So, you should expect them to furiously resist anything that will develop Igboland such as airports privatization, extension of railway lines to our key cities to relieve our dependence on the horrible federal roads in movement of goods and services within the zone and the building of refineries,power plants or modernization of agriculture. They are out to frustrate us and use fake propaganda of "Non-viability" which is not backed by any credible data anywhere. Except of course concorcted data like the NBS that claimed Osun State GDP was bigger than the GDP of the 5 southeastern states combined. You just wonder the type of people we call fellow compatriots
The bolded is where you shot yourself in the leg, i advocate for PH Maiduguri line, not your tiny village to village pipe dream, so i am not part of your imaginary enemy
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Scholes007(m): 10:56pm On Jul 24, 2017
Ogbuefi2020:

The bolded is where you shot yourself in the leg, i advocate for PH Maiduguri line, not your tiny village to village pipe dream, so i am not part of your imaginary enemy
What are you my friend? What do you mean by village railway?

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ogbuefi2020: 11:00pm On Jul 24, 2017
Live from Michael Okpara Square, Enugu
Passing out Parade:
The Enugu State Ministry of Transport Traffic Enforcement Bureau Cadets good to go!

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ogbuefi2020: 11:10pm On Jul 24, 2017
Scholes007:
What are you my friend? What do you mean by village railway?
Lol, some even want the rail to reach every doorsteps. Zamfara sent livestock to Lagos through rail https://www.nairaland.com/3328490/cattle-arrived-lagos-zamfara-after It would have been meaningless for zamfara to spend huge sum building Zamfara sokoto line to send cattle to sokoto when sokoto itslef have cattle abundantly. You can be sure that a reasonable percentage of the livestock that boarded at zamfara came from sokoto, kebi etc. Apart from the PH-Maiduguri line, the Lagos-Calabar line that spurs to Onitsha will make sense if it stretches to Awka-Enugu-Abakaliki, Thus, two major lines will connect SE to the rest of the country
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Scholes007(m): 11:27pm On Jul 24, 2017
Ogbuefi2020:

Lol, some even want the rail to reach every doorsteps. Zamfara sent livestock to Lagos through rail https://www.nairaland.com/3328490/cattle-arrived-lagos-zamfara-after It would have been meaningless for zamfara to spend huge sum building Zamfara sokoto line to send cattle to sokoto when sokoto itslef have cattle abundantly. You can be sure that a reasonable percentage of the livestock that boarded at zamfara came from sokoto, kebi etc. Apart from the PH-Maiduguri line, the Lagos-Calabar line that spurs to Onitsha will make sense if it stretches to Awka-Enugu-Abakaliki, Thus, two major lines will connect SE to the rest of the country
Am not interested in whatever Sokoto and Zamfara did to Lagos. Someone proposed a rail that will run from PH-Enugu n you called it a village road. You went ahead to say it should pass through large cities. Then I ask is PH-Aba-Umuahia-Enugu small cities? Well that aside you rushed to tag it non viable, I ask again how will we develop our export,Alternative means of tranport,agricultural and industrial sectors without inter-connecting railway. Studies n all indication is showing that in no distant time south eastern state will have an unbearable population density, then I ask how do we transport ourselves and goods?
By your analogy, Kuwait, UAE, Israel shouldn't have a railway. New York shouldn't have a rail connecting it with Philadelphia.
Pls remove this mentality of Nigeria n put up progressive one.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by igwebuike01: 11:34pm On Jul 24, 2017
Scholes007:
Am not interested in what ever Sokoto and Zamfara did to Lagos. Someone proposed a rail that will run from PH-Enugu n you called it a village road. You when ahead to say it should pass through large cities. Then I ask is[b] PH-Aba-Umuahia-Enugu [/b]small cities? Well that aside you rushed to tag it non viable, I ask again how will we develop our export,Alternative means of tranport,agricultural and industrial sectors without inter-connecting railway. Studies n all indication is showing that in no distant time south eastern state will have an unbearable population density, then I ask how do we transport ourselves and goods? By you analogy, Kuwait, UAE, Israel shouldn't have a railway. Pls remove this mentality of Nigeria n put up progressive one.
This is a part of the PH-Maiduguri line, and its viability is based on the fact that it connects numerous cities in the north, this is the line i advocate for, so i wonder why you are using it to ask me questions on viability. Kuwait and UAE have the money, we don't, they have since solved other minor issues we are still battling with, secondly, they are sovereign countries, we are not. Modernizing the PH maiduguri line and connecting us to SW is what we need

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by igwebuike01: 11:56pm On Jul 24, 2017
davear:

It is your brain that is nonviable, do you know that apart from lagos, Southeast has the highest population densty in Nigeria? And do you know what it will translate to if we have a solid rail/road network. Have you ever considered the traffic volumes of Asaba-Onitsha-Enugu-Abakaliki-Ogoja link roads? or Enugu-Aba-PH link roads?
Lol, THose roads are not the busiest in Nigeria, yes, solid rail line is needed in east, but it is to connect us to other parts of Nigeria. This rail line is economically dead if its not connecting many far big cities in other parts of the country
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:31am On Jul 25, 2017
Ogbuefi2020:

what will you move from Enugu to Onitsha? A distance that can be covered by a motorcycle in few hours?? will you move palm oil from Enugu to Onitsha instead of Enugu to Yola or Maiduguri? which one is more profitable? Will you move Aba made shoes to Owerri instead of Aba to Jos when someone in owerri can easily jog to Aba ? Please throw that rail plan into the dustbin, it is isolationist and economically unviable. We need rails, yes, but we need rails to connect us to other parts of Nigeria especially large cities not rail connecting all villages which are almost the same. Its like telling an airline to ply Enugu -Owerri or PH -Uyo. Nobody will invest in your pipedream

My brother, your points sound so out of line that I wonder if you have even stayed around the South East. I lost the will to reply you when you said I can use motorcycle to transport my goods from Enugu to Onitsha and vice versa. I just think you are joking or trying to get a reaction from us. Have a nice day all the same.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Scholes007(m): 6:05am On Jul 25, 2017
igwebuike01:

This is a part of the PH-Maiduguri line, and its viability is based on the fact that it connects numerous cities in the north, this is the line i advocate for, so i wonder why you are using it to ask me questions on viability. Kuwait and UAE have the money, we don't, they have since solved other minor issues we are still battling with, secondly, they are sovereign countries, we are not. Modernizing the PH maiduguri line and connecting us to SW is what we need
Your maiduguri line and Lagos line should be an FG problem. My problem with you is saying that the SE-PH-Akwa ibom rail link as proposed by someone here is not vaible.
For internationally recognized development to occur in the region then regional rail link is the answer. For you to invite say multi billion dollar projects in Solid mineral mining n processing with ease regional rail is Ideal. So my friend stop this mentality of nothing will work n put up a progressive thinking cap. Tomorrow You maybe a leader, we will not want a replica of Davi Umahi or the local champion T A Orji in the helm of affairs. We want forward thinkers not Today lets manage thinkers. We have the human resources, we need the leaders that can tap into it. Ask yourself why is Kaduna-Abuja line built? Why? Because they envisage future population growth between both cities. Now tell me is Enugu-PH rail not more Ideal than that? Is Asaba-Onitcha-Aba-Ph rail not more Ideal than that? Is Ibuno-Aba rail not more important than that? Ponder on these and pls stop talking down on such enviable proposals. Who knows if our future leaders are reading these? Who knows if investors are reading too, who knows If this will create a sense into our leaders today. Goodmorning n have a nice day.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 11:17am On Jul 25, 2017
Scholes007:
Am not interested in whatever Sokoto and Zamfara did to Lagos. Someone proposed a rail that will run from PH-Enugu n you called it a village road. You went ahead to say it should pass through large cities. Then I ask is PH-Aba-Umuahia-Enugu small cities? Well that aside you rushed to tag it non viable, I ask again how will we develop our export,Alternative means of tranport,agricultural and industrial sectors without inter-connecting railway. Studies n all indication is showing that in no distant time south eastern state will have an unbearable population density, then I ask how do we transport ourselves and goods?
By your analogy, Kuwait, UAE, Israel shouldn't have a railway. New York shouldn't have a rail connecting it with Philadelphia.
Pls remove this mentality of Nigeria n put up progressive one.

Nwanne save your breathe.
It is obvious the imposter calling himself ogbuefi is one of those afonjas terribly bitter about any infrastructure being developed in the SE so that they continue their dominance of Nigerian economy.

Most of them a particularly wary of Enugu's natural attractions and location. Let them call regional railway local roads or whatever. In Nigeria, the federal roads are intentionally neglected in the SE just to help ruin economic development in the area. Then they placed a ban on building regional railways. These are some of the things we must extricate ourselves from in either a fair restructured country or we live in our own country -Biafra to stay outside the influence of these vultures that deceive themselves with names like ogbuefi.

A state like Georgia in the USA links all it's major cities with railway lines and links up with the national railway too. Even though they have very good roads. The railways haul goods and services cheaply around the state. Part of the reason made in Nigeria goods are not competitive to export outside Nigeria is the exorbitant cost of transportation and use of diesel generators as electricity source for their production. Our enemies know these, that is why they will never let electricity of railway transportation work. But we shall fight for our rights to develop these things on our own since we know the Fulani or Yoruba government will NEVER do them in our area of Nigeria.

See Freight trains in the picture below taking goods in containers to small towns of America. Towns not even as large as Awgu. Railways makes cost of transportation cheap and saves the roads from all the thousands of trailers carrying just one container. I know that ogbuefi guy knows it, that is why he isn't arguing against railway line between Abuja and Kaduna that already have excellent dual carriage expressway, but will argue against Enugu because he hates the area as many Fulani and Yorubas do.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ogbuefi2020: 10:15pm On Jul 26, 2017
spyder880:

My brother, your points sound so out of line that I wonder if you have even stayed around the South East. I lost the will to reply you when you said I can use motorcycle to transport my goods from Enugu to Onitsha and vice versa. I just think you are joking or trying to get a reaction from us. Have a nice day all the same.
Its a figure of speech called hyperbole
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ogbuefi2020: 10:20pm On Jul 26, 2017
Big question? Why are the luxurious buses not plying Enugu to Owerri, Onitsha to Awka, Aba to Afikpo, etc? These are owned almost 100% by the Igbos, yet go to their park, its Aba to Yola, Onitsha to Sokoto, Enugu to Kano or Owerri to Lagos. The reason is simple, the short distances within the small geographical area of South East are not viable routes for that level of transport business. How much more railway?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ogbuefi2020: 10:38pm On Jul 26, 2017
Scholes007:
Your maiduguri line and Lagos line should be an FG problem. My problem with you is saying that the SE-PH-Akwa ibom rail link as proposed by someone here is not vaible.
For internationally recognized development to occur in the region then regional rail link is the answer. For you to invite say multi billion dollar projects in Solid mineral mining n processing with ease regional rail is Ideal. So my friend stop this mentality of nothing will work n put up a progressive thinking cap. Tomorrow You maybe a leader, we will not want a replica of Davi Umahi or the local champion T A Orji in the helm of affairs. We want forward thinkers not Today lets manage thinkers. We have the human resources, we need the leaders that can tap into it. Ask yourself why is Kaduna-Abuja line built? Why? Because they envisage future population growth between both cities. Now tell me is Enugu-PH rail not more Ideal than that? Is Asaba-Onitcha-Aba-Ph rail not more Ideal than that? Is Ibuno-Aba rail not more important than that? Ponder on these and pls stop talking down on such enviable proposals. Who knows if our future leaders are reading these? Who knows if investors are reading too, who knows If this will create a sense into our leaders today. Goodmorning n have a nice day.
Abuja-Kaduna rail line was executed by FG using the Petrodollar. Every lender will gladly give Nigeria or Kuwait or UAE money to execute projects, in fact, they will exaggerate the economic impacts to unrealistic levels to lure them to borrow, do you know why? whether the projects is viable or not, they will still get their money back with interest because the borrower has steady streams of income from oil. This is not the case with your proposed rail line, where the lender has to depend on money generated by the project to have his money back, nobody will invest in that unviable tiny route, like i said before about luxurious buses, they do not ply that tiny route for same reason and they are all igbo owned. As for Abuja-Kaduna route, its equivalent in the east is Abuja-Enugu line or a spur of PH-Maiduguri line from Lafia to Abuja not the ones you are mentioning.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 10:46pm On Jul 26, 2017
Ogbuefi2020:
Big question? Why are the luxurious buses not plying Enugu to Owerri, Onitsha to Awka, Aba to Afikpo, etc? These are owned almost 100% by the Igbos, yet go to their park, its Aba to Yola, Onitsha to Sokoto, Enugu to Kano or Owerri to Lagos. The reason is simple, the short distances within the small geographical area of South East are not viable routes for that level of transport business. How much more railway?
Are those big red buses that only ply Urban Enugu not also viable cos i don't understand how you would equate luxury buses not plying major south eastern cities as not been viable without considering the fact that there are thousands of small buses that ply these routes and are making a killing. So, how does having luxury buses change anything when they're just meant to add luxury to the trip and the reason why luxury buses are needs for longer trips is because they are longer trips. It's that simple.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ogbuefi2020: 10:55pm On Jul 26, 2017
OreMI22:

Nwanne save your breathe.
It is obvious the imposter calling himself ogbuefi is one of those afonjas terribly bitter about any infrastructure being developed in the SE so that they continue their dominance of Nigerian economy.

Most of them a particularly wary of Enugu's natural attractions and location. Let them call regional railway local roads or whatever. In Nigeria, the federal roads are intentionally neglected in the SE just to help ruin economic development in the area. Then they placed a ban on building regional railways. These are some of the things we must extricate ourselves from in either a fair restructured country or we live in our own country -Biafra to stay outside the influence of these vultures that deceive themselves with names like ogbuefi.

A state like Georgia in the USA links all it's major cities with railway lines and links up with the national railway too. Even though they have very good roads. The railways haul goods and services cheaply around the state. Part of the reason made in Nigeria goods are not competitive to export outside Nigeria is the exorbitant cost of transportation and use of diesel generators as electricity source for their production. Our enemies know these, that is why they will never let electricity of railway transportation work. But we shall fight for our rights to develop these things on our own since we know the Fulani or Yoruba government will NEVER do them in our area of Nigeria.

See Freight trains in the picture below taking goods in containers to small towns of America. Towns not even as large as Awgu. Railways makes cost of transportation cheap and saves the roads from all the thousands of trailers carrying just one container. I know that ogbuefi guy knows it, that is why he isn't arguing against railway line between Abuja and Kaduna that already have excellent dual carriage expressway, but will argue against Enugu because he hates the area as many Fulani and Yorubas do.
Oga, forget your dreamland and wake up to reality. the Economy of Georgia thrashed the whole of Nigeria and the size of Georgia is like one sixth that of Nigeria. Georgia has the income to execute the project, we do not.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Scholes007(m): 11:00pm On Jul 26, 2017
Ogbuefi2020:

Abuja-Kaduna rail line was executed by FG using the Petrodollar. Every lender will gladly give Nigeria or Kuwait or UAE money to execute projects, in fact, they will exaggerate the economic impacts to unrealistic levels to lure them to borrow, do you know why? whether the projects is viable or not, they will still get their money back with interest because the borrower has steady streams of income from oil. This is not the case with your proposed rail line, where the lender has to depend on money generated by the project to have his money back, nobody will invest in that unviable tiny route, like i said before about luxurious buses, they do not ply that tiny route for same reason and they are all igbo owned. As for Abuja-Kaduna route, its equivalent in the east is Abuja-Enugu line or a spur of PH-Maiduguri line from Lafia to Abuja not the ones you are mentioning.
I don't just get you logic at all? What are U even saying? You talk viability, you talk Petrodallar, you imply nepotism... All in one reply.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ogbuefi2020: 11:04pm On Jul 26, 2017
Afam4eva:

Are those big red buses that only ply Urban Enugu not also viable cos i don't understand how you would equate luxury buses not plying major south eastern cities as not been viable without considering the fact that there are thousands of small buses that ply these routes and are making a killing. So, how does having luxury buses change anything when they're just meant to add luxury to the trip and the reason why luxury buses are needs for longer trips is because they are longer trips. It's that simple.
You are making same mistake others on this thread are making, the red buses plying Enugu Urban are government subsidized buses, same with other city buses all over Nigeria. They are not strictly for profit but government social program, otherwise, trust our business savvy transport monguls to have invested in it long ago. Its just like someone talking about rail lines in kuwait or other small countries, these were paid for from government coffers which is overflowing with Petrodollar and need not be viable to attract lenders. But your proposed rail will be strictly financed with private sector money and paying back depends on money generated from the project. These numerous villages at short distance will not excite any lender under such condition
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Scholes007(m): 11:05pm On Jul 26, 2017
Ogbuefi2020:

Oga, forget your dreamland and wake up to reality. the Economy of Georgia thrashed the whole of Nigeria and the size of Georgia is like one sixth that of Nigeria. Georgia has the income to execute the project, we do not.
When was Georgia railbuilt?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ogbuefi2020: 11:07pm On Jul 26, 2017
Scholes007:
I don't just get you logic at all? What are U even saying? You talk viability, you talk Petrodallar, you imply nepotism... All in one reply.
Ok, i believe some will understand my logic and come up with any counter logic for me to clear myself
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 11:07pm On Jul 26, 2017
Ogbuefi2020:

You are making same mistake others on this thread are making, the red buses plying Enugu Urban are government subsidized buses, same with other city buses all over Nigeria. They are not strictly for profit but government social program, otherwise, trust our business savvy transport monguls to have invested in it long ago. Its just like someone talking about rail lines in kuwait or other small countries, these were paid for from government coffers which is overflowing with Petrodollar and need not be viable to attract lenders. But your proposed rail will be strictly financed with private sector money and paying back depends on money generated from the project. These numerous villages at short distance will not excite any lender under such condition
Based on your premise then a rail line would not even be built in Nigeria at all because the cities that are better than those in the east are no more than 4 in number and taking into consideration that most things that are produced in Nigeria are in the lagos axis and most of the consumers are there as well, it's justified not to build a rail line anywhere.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) ... (696) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.