Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,238 members, 7,807,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:27 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (504) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1778227 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) ... (696) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ogbuefi2020: 11:08pm On Jul 26, 2017
Scholes007:
When was Georgia railbuilt?
i don't know, please tell us. we are all here to learn
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ogbuefi2020: 12:34am On Jul 27, 2017
Movement of cargo through our international airports. Enugu Airports beats Abuja and Kano airports on Cargo Departures, also rivals Portharcourt in Departures. But gets thrashed by all airports by a very wide margin in Cargo arrivals. Seems we did well in export than imports through our new cargo airport. Considering that this is the first year of its operation, this is not bad at all, Data for cargo was recorded starting from April 2016 even though news of official landing of first cargo broke in August 2016. Also, in the category of movement of mail, Enugu and PortHarcourt (The whole Eastern axis) did not record any data. I don't know whether there are special facilities for receiving international mails that we lack or we just did not send or receive just like that, those who are more knowledgeable in that field please help explain to us

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 2:37am On Jul 27, 2017
Afam4eva:

Based on your premise then a rail line would not even be built in Nigeria at all because the cities that are better than those in the east are no more than 4 in number and taking into consideration that most things that are produced in Nigeria are in the lagos axis and most of the consumers are there as well, it's justified not to build a rail line anywhere.

Its a pure waste of time responding to a troll.
You inadvertently feed into his silly toilet mindset by dignifying his trash with a reasonable response because he isn't interested in commonsense. He is just forwarding his futile wicked agenda because the SE governors have already resolved to jointly build a regional railway system to link the PH-Enugu railway line which passed through the region.
Imagine i posted state of Georgia in the USA and he is talking about the country of Georgia in the former USSR! In any case, even if the GDP of Georgia were bigger than Nigerias its because Americans built infrastructure to grow their economy instead of refusing to do anything and merely hope that by some magic their economy would grow to become the biggest in the world.
The freight train i posted was going to a tiny university town in rural southern Georgia! In Nigeria, the type of mindset would be lets forget about small towns and focus on just Abuja and Lagos as if the entire country can live in one or two cities.

That afonja kid has NEVER been to Enugu. except looking at pictures in NL. He is simply talking about Enugu red buses because of the picture below that he saw on NL. Now ask him the names of the different motor parks where you can get vehicles to Onitsha,Abakaliki and Port Harcourt in Enugu and he does not know! Yet he will tell you the transport system to works between Enugu - Onitsha when he hasn't seen the number of buses that convey people every minute along that route! Please ignore the troll as we have done to people like that in this thread. Don't feed into their negative behavior by responding or even reading what they write.

Google is their friend and they use it to fool people narrow minded enough not to know google translate can post Igbo language for any non-Igbo..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by kettykin: 2:40am On Jul 27, 2017
Ogbuefi2020:
Big question? Why are the luxurious buses not plying Enugu to Owerri, Onitsha to Awka, Aba to Afikpo, etc? These are owned almost 100% by the Igbos, yet go to their park, its Aba to Yola, Onitsha to Sokoto, Enugu to Kano or Owerri to Lagos. The reason is simple, the short distances within the small geographical area of South East are not viable routes for that level of transport business. How much more railway?
This analysis is wrong, Aba to owerri , Enugu to onitsha , onitsha to owerri are very busy routes and busier than aba to yola and onitsha to sokoto that has about 10 buses maximum per day .

you can get onitsha to enugu bus uptill 12:00 midnight same with Owerri to Aba i dont have current figures though these routes are eastern backbones that has a very high traffic all times of the day , the volume usually starts by 10:00 AM and starts declining by4:00 PM.

if owerri to umuahia can be such a busy route carrying more than 5000 peope in a day i dont see why other routes can be classified as univable

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ogbuefi2020: 9:53pm On Jul 27, 2017
kettykin:

This analysis is wrong, Aba to owerri , Enugu to onitsha , onitsha to owerri are very busy routes and busier than aba to yola and onitsha to sokoto that has about 10 buses maximum per day .

you can get onitsha to enugu bus uptill 12:00 midnight same with Owerri to Aba i dont have current figures though these routes are eastern backbones that has a very high traffic all times of the day , the volume usually starts by 10:00 AM and starts declining by4:00 PM.

if owerri to umuahia can be such a busy route carrying more than 5000 peope in a day i dont see why other routes can be classified as univable
have you answered the question? why don't we have Ekene dili chukwu or Dan Dollars luxurious buses plying them. Its is simply because it is unviable to luxurious buses level of Transport business.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ogbuefi2020: 10:06pm On Jul 27, 2017
Afam4eva:

Based on your premise then a rail line would not even be built in Nigeria at all because the cities that are better than those in the east are no more than 4 in number and taking into consideration that most things that are produced in Nigeria are in the lagos axis and most of the consumers are there as well, it's justified not to build a rail line anywhere.
Rails were not built in Nigeria to connect "good cities" but connect distant cities. Just as the luxurious bus owners who are almost all igbos ply distant cities. If our igbo transporters consider transport withing SE not profitable for luxurious buses is it oyibo man that will risk his money on rail connecting small villages in a tiny geographical enclave?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Scholes007(m): 10:11pm On Jul 27, 2017
Ogbuefi2020:

Rails were not built in Nigeria to connect "good cities" but connect distant cities. Just as the luxurious bus owners who are almost all igbos ply distant cities. If our igbo transporters consider transport withing SE not profitable for luxurious buses is it oyibo man that will risk his money on rail connecting small villages in a tiny geographical enclave?
Guy forget this your wack logic. You have nothing good to offer in opinion to SE rail project. You can as well add why Enugu state shouldn't have a mono or light rail but Lagos should.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ogbuefi2020: 10:23pm On Jul 27, 2017
Another question? DO you all really believe the chinese are really building any airport in Anambra? If anambra state was financing it from their pocket it will be understandable but we all know they cant or they go the way of Osun, but telling us that the Chinese will spend their money and wait on the operations of the airport to recover it is the greatest joke of the century because it is totally unviable, but a state like Akwa ibom with deep pockets can embark on the project and repay the loan with oil money and the viability or otherwise of the project can not be exposed.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ogbuefi2020: 10:29pm On Jul 27, 2017
Scholes007:
Guy forget this your wack logic. You have nothing good to offer in opinion to SE rail project. You can as well add why Enugu state shouldn't have a mono or light rail but Lagos should.
So who is stopping Enugu from commencing monorail right away? If they have the money they can go ahead and build it just like they purchased the city buses, but if they don't, nobody will invest private sector money in it because it is totally unviable

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 10:30pm On Jul 27, 2017
Ogbuefi2020:

I wonder why you equate non viability of routes to luxury buses not plying them. It's not like people are using bicycles as a mode of transport within these cities. It's buses that still convey people, albeit smaller buses. If it wasn't viable, no buses will ply those routes in the first place.

Btw, my argument has never been about Oyibo people investing in building rail systems in the SE. My thoughts are just that the South east cities need to be connected for the free movement of commodities within the region.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by signz: 10:41pm On Jul 27, 2017
OreMI22:

Its a pure waste of time responding to a troll.
You inadvertently feed into his silly toilet mindset by dignifying his trash with a reasonable response because he isn't interested in commonsense. He is just forwarding his futile wicked agenda because [/b]the SE governors have already resolved to jointly build a regional railway system to link the PH-Enugu railway line which passed through the region[b].
Imagine i posted state of Georgia in the USA and he is talking about the country of Georgia in the former USSR! In any case, even if the GDP of Georgia were bigger than Nigerias its because Americans built infrastructure to grow their economy instead of refusing to do anything and merely hope that by some magic their economy would grow to become the biggest in the world.
The freight train i posted was going to a tiny university town in rural southern Georgia! In Nigeria, the type of mindset would be lets forget about small towns and focus on just Abuja and Lagos as if the entire country can live in one or two cities.

That afonja kid has NEVER been to Enugu. except looking at pictures in NL. He is simply talking about Enugu red buses because of the picture below that he saw on NL. Now ask him the names of the different motor parks where you can get vehicles to Onitsha,Abakaliki and Port Harcourt in Enugu and he does not know! Yet he will tell you the transport system to works between Enugu - Onitsha when he hasn't seen the number of buses that convey people every minute along that route! Please ignore the troll as we have done to people like that in this thread. Don't feed into their negative behavior by responding or even reading what they write.

Google is their friend and they use it to fool people narrow minded enough not to know google translate can post Igbo language for any non-Igbo..

Is the bolded real or fake news?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by signz: 10:47pm On Jul 27, 2017
Ogbuefi2020:
Movement of cargo through our international airports. Enugu Airports beats Abuja and Kano airports on Cargo Departures, also rivals Portharcourt in Departures. But gets thrashed by all airports by a very wide margin in Cargo arrivals. Seems we did well in export than imports through our new cargo airport. Considering that this is the first year of its operation, this is not bad at all, Data for cargo was recorded starting from April 2016 even though news of official landing of first cargo broke in August 2016. Also, in the category of movement of mail, Enugu and PortHarcourt (The whole Eastern axis) did not record any data. I don't know whether there are special facilities for receiving international mails that we lack or we just did not send or receive just like that, those who are more knowledgeable in that field please help explain to us

So the cargo airport has started operation.

Stella Odua had plans for a Fresh produce operations too in that airport. Has it started or has the plan entered voicemail.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Scholes007(m): 12:01am On Jul 28, 2017
Ogbuefi2020:

So who is stopping Enugu from commencing monorail right away? If they have the money they can go ahead and build it just like they purchased the city buses, but if they don't, nobody will invest private sector money in it because it is totally unviable
Okey

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ruggedized1: 8:45am On Jul 28, 2017
Basilo, all you do all day and night is bitterly yapping rubbish every now and then. Why should we expect a hopeless jobless frustrated I.diot like you to believe that the Chinese are financing Anambra airport city when they are already on site. If it is not viable, is it the ghost airport in Enugu state that is viable?

Chinese are financing and developing Anambra aerotropolis, whether you believe it or not the airport will be the most viable and busiest airport after Abuja and Lagos on completion.

[s]
Ogbuefi2020:
Another question? DO you all really believe the chinese are really building any airport in Anambra? If anambra state was financing it from their pocket it will be understandable but we all know they cant or they go the way of Osun, but telling us that the Chinese will spend their money and wait on the operations of the airport to recover it is the greatest joke of the century because it is totally unviable, but a state like Akwa ibom with deep pockets can embark on the project and repay the loan with oil money and the viability or otherwise of the project can not be exposed.
[/s]

This data only confirmed that the Enugu state airport is practically dead and unviable. No one uses the airport, no wonder the cargo receipts is the lowest across Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by SoNature(m): 7:40am On Jul 30, 2017
ChimaAdeoye:
In the past Gov. Sullivan Chime read the thread and often implemented some viable ideas from it. Ugwuanyi will prefer to spend his time drinking pepper soup than reading comments from Enugu people on how to develop the state.

Gov ugwuanyi may not be that saavy to even know there is a place like this online where Enugu citizens profer solutions based on the rich background of people contributing to this thread.

We have to find a way to itemize these ideas and send to him via regular mail or DHL. Even at that; he may not read it

Ajo onu! grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by SoNature(m): 7:44am On Jul 30, 2017
signz:

As for the deep seaport, I pray Gov Udom is able to convince his Colleagues in their SS/SE governors meeting on the need to support Ibom deep seaport. Even if it means raising funds from Diaspora and Chinese.

We can then build both rail lines and more Roads network connecting whole of SE & SS( especially Akwa Ibom)

I believe the investment maths will be attractive for foreign investors, Diaspora Nigerians and Nigerians living here.

Why are nairalanders in South East so interested in Ibom seaport? What has the Igbos done with PH, Calabar and Warri ports? I remember former President Jonathan saying that even after huge waivers were given to importers as a way of encouraging them use these ports they still prefered Lagos ports. So what difference will this Ibom port make in all of these?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by GEJman: 5:00pm On Jul 30, 2017
SoNature:

Why are nairalanders in South East so interested in Ibom seaport? What has the Igbos done with PH, Calabar and Warri ports? I remember former President Jonathan saying that even after huge waivers were given to importers as a way of encouraging them use these ports they still prefered Lagos ports. So what difference will this Ibom port make in all of these?

Atiku's INTELS is in charge of major port opportunities in PORT HARCOURT and being a private consortium its very very expensive ship via there...Can you tell me more about the major Port activities in Warri and Calabar as i dont know of any happening there.
Thank you

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:00pm On Aug 04, 2017
Ogbuefi2020:

have you answered the question? why don't we have Ekene dili chukwu or Dan Dollars luxurious buses plying them. Its is simply because it is unviable to luxurious buses level of Transport business.
a luxury bus cost 120m Naira.this days hummer buses are even being used to ply those locations. I guess the fact that luxury vehicles don't go from Lagos and stop at ogun state , means that route is "unviable to luxurious buses level of Transport business."

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:09pm On Aug 04, 2017
SoNature:

Calabar port is not deep or capable enough ,atikus Intel has monopoly in the ph port.The ph port is mostly used by expatriate companies in the region like indorama and gzi, don't know if their is a laid down plan to frustrate local import. so, yes an ibaka sea port free of fed interference is the only hope.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by valinno(m): 11:39pm On Aug 04, 2017
Enugu is the best state to live

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PDPGuy: 5:03am On Aug 05, 2017
eduj:

Calabar port is not deep or capable enough ,atikus Intel has monopoly in the ph port.The ph port is mostly used by expatriate companies in the region like indorama and gzi, don't know if their is a laid down plan to frustrate local import. so, yes an ibaka sea port free of fed interference is the only hope.
And the Ibom deep-seaport will have the combined capacity of the PH, Onne and Warri ports with regard to the number of containers it will handle.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 1:54pm On Aug 05, 2017
GOSHEN ESTATE gate stall development of Independence Layout 2

I'm just wondering why Enugu state government has not demolished the gate of Goshen Estate in Independence layout Phase 2 which was built right across the road effectively blocking it?

Why would people choose to build gates of their estate in the middle of a road to effectively block it and the state government allows it? I'm just perplexed that such illegality is allowed to happen in Enugu of all cities where town planning is taken seriously. Who owns Goshen estate and why is he untouchable?

Today, all the land in independence Layout phase 2 behind Goshen is inaccessible by the road connecting independence layout phase 1 and 2 because of the gate Goshen estate built across that road. Consequently, nobody is developing their land beyond Goshen since there is no way to get through the Goshen gate to access the vast land beyond that point of Goshen estate gate.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by GEJman: 5:52pm On Aug 05, 2017
This is why I waysbsay that the South East lack leadership.....Even as lousy as Fayose is, he's far better than the entire South East governor in terms of protecting the property and lives of his people..

Shame on Ugwuanyi, Okorocha, Umahi, Okezie Ikpeazu and Obiano Willie

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IgboticGirl(f): 5:55pm On Aug 05, 2017
GEJman:
This is why I waysbsay that the South East lack leadership.....Even as lousy as Fayose is, he's far better than the entire South East governor in terms of protecting the property and lives of his people..

Shame on Ugwuanyi, Okorocha, Umahi, Okezie Ikpeazu and Obiano Willie

just because fayosi used to talk back at buhari doesn't make him matured....hs is just a talkative not a leaders

so don't compare him with important leaders

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by GEJman: 7:01pm On Aug 05, 2017
IgboticGirl:

just because fayosi used to talk back at buhari doesn't make him matured....hs is just a talkative not a leaders

so don't compare him with important leaders

Fayose is there protecting his people against marauding Fulani Herdsmen terrorist while the useless South East Governors like Ugwuanyi went to ABUJA to laugh with Buhari

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee(m): 7:44pm On Aug 06, 2017
Who can give us updates don't he construction of the that new shopping mall at independence layout, I passed there two days ago, seems like its almost complete
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by sultanodudua: 8:23pm On Aug 06, 2017
slimthugchimee:
Who can give us updates don't he construction of the that new shopping mall at independence layout, I passed there two days ago, seems like its almost complete
Efcc bastards are frustrating the project.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 3:00pm On Aug 09, 2017
slimthugchimee:
It is almost complete
Spar and few other shops are open already.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:12pm On Aug 09, 2017
Ambode seeks Nigerian govt’s permission for 3000MW project to power Lagos

www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/239278-ambode-seeks-nigerian-govts-permission-3000mw-project-power-lagos.html

This is the type of project we expect the state governor to embark on. As far as I am concerned Ugwuanyi and all the southeast governors are dumb.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 09, 2017
All these useless people defending Ugwuanyi should wake up.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 09, 2017
Ambode has started making plans for construction of power plants in Lagos state; what is our own governor doing?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:22pm On Aug 09, 2017
Electric power is the key to attracting investors, what has Ugwuanyi done in this aspect?

(1) (2) (3) ... (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) ... (696) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.