Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (509) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1778729 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oneeast: 7:31pm On Sep 03, 2017
You are busy running around like a headless chicken..hehehe

Did I discuss airport with you? Why are you crying over what's above you? Eeeeh?

Here's the condition of your Abia state. It is more important for you now than to discuss airport.
[s]
[1 author=Scholes007 post=60100273] Running around circle as usual, For your information enugu is the Regional capital in Southeast,it has the only international airport in the region. AIIA is one of the two airports in SE (the other Sam mbakwe international cargo airport owerri), it remains the only international airport in Nigeria to achieve the significant traffic within a very short period. Pls stick to you bush clearing n stop disgracing Ndi be Unu.[/quote][/s]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFl1XnM4xAU
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Scholes007(m): 8:26pm On Sep 03, 2017
oneeast:
You are busy running around like a headless chicken..hehehe

Did I discuss airport with you? Why are you crying over what's above you? Eeeeh?

Here's the condition of your Abia state. It is more important for you now than to discuss airport.
[s]
[1 author=Scholes007 post=60100273] Running around circle as usual, For your information enugu is the Regional capital in Southeast,it has the only international airport in the region. AIIA is one of the two airports in SE (the other Sam mbakwe international cargo airport owerri), it remains the only international airport in Nigeria to achieve the significant traffic within a very short period. Pls stick to you bush clearing n stop disgracing Ndi be Unu.[/s]

Make we hear word, you running down AIIA which is my,your and every other Igbomans heritage will always have consequences. I encourage Obiano and his efforts but basket mouths like u is were the problem comes. Oji onu biko ga dozie ulo gi. Enugu bu nke anyi

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oneeast: 8:29pm On Sep 03, 2017
Hehehehe

You are still whining and telling useless story. I can never discuss airports with you.

Here is the video to our discussion.

[s]
Scholes007:
Make we hear word, you running down AIIA which is my,your and every other Igbomans heritage will always have consequences. I encourage Obiano and his efforts but basket mouths like u is were the problem comes. Oji onu biko ga dozie ulo gi. Enugu bu nke anyi
[/s]

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 8:58pm On Sep 03, 2017
While i'm ashamed of Chino and basilo's childish behavior, there is an important issue here to fix Port harcourt road in Aba.

The Abia state government should award the bad sections of that road to reputable construction company such as RCC to build massive gutters to channel away all the water and build a concrete base road along the whole section to prevent it from collapsing again after a few years. Just crying the the road is a federal road is unacceptable based on the current circumstance. They should borrow to fix the road if necessary and put a small toll on the road to help recoup the cost or something. Either way, something needs to be done about Port Harcourt road and Asa road in Aba.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 2:35pm On Sep 04, 2017
cjrane:
While i'm ashamed of Chino and basilo's childish behavior, there is an important issue here to fix Port harcourt road in Aba.

The Abia state government should award the bad sections of that road to reputable construction company such as RCC to build massive gutters to channel away all the water and build a concrete base road along the whole section to prevent it from collapsing again after a few years. Just crying the the road is a federal road is unacceptable based on the current circumstance. They should borrow to fix the road if necessary and put a small toll on the road to help recoup the cost or something. Either way, something needs to be done about Port Harcourt road and Asa road in Aba.
He Intentionally wants to spoil the thread, don't you know? Now, can all you scallywags leave this thread?
Basilo or whatever you call yourself, find another thread for the rebuttals

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ogbuefi2020: 3:05pm On Sep 05, 2017
where did some people see basilo on this thread?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Chri08102702694: 3:12pm On Sep 05, 2017
Ogbuefi2020:
where did some people see basilo on this thread?

Basilo is the same person as Ogbuefi2020, igwebuike1, etc. All your usernames are all noted but you can continue to deceive yourself.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by igwebuike01: 3:30pm On Sep 05, 2017
Stingman:

Not at all...but urban improvement in the capital city shouldn't be stopped...even US, UK have huge debt burden...What I am saying is that projects in the capital city should not be stopped because another city is coming up...Development across the state should be a continous thing...For example the state government has many estates in the city, why is taking a long time to tar the roads in the estates, simulatenously as the local community roads are tarred...? Do you know that if the estates are developed, properties would completed by private individuals, who would in turn improve the IGR of the state because of tenement rate payments to the government...See that as recurring income...The development of this estates will also improve the economy and physical environment of the capital city...This will bring more investments and businesses to the state.
With which money? Enugu was never a rich state. Sullivan achieved a lot with his debt and we commend him for that, but don't expect magic from the person that inherited the debts. secondly, Enugu state died so that Enugu city may live, now the city has to sacrifice too for the hinterlands since it already has solid infrastructure that can take it for a couple of years with good maintenance.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ogbuefi2020: 3:32pm On Sep 05, 2017
Chri08102702694:

Basilo is the same person as Ogbuefi2020, igwebuike1, etc. All your usernames are all noted but you can continue to deceive yourself.
Ok
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by myhobbies(m): 2:15pm On Sep 06, 2017
This is how dilapidated the road leading to Ubahu in Nkanu east local government of Enugu state is. Please let the government of Enugu state come to our rescue. We have suffered so much due to this road both during rainy and dry season.
This road need serious and urgent attention from the government.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Stingman: 3:02pm On Sep 06, 2017
igwebuike01:

With which money? Enugu was never a rich state. Sullivan achieved a lot with his debt and we commend him for that, but don't expect magic from the person that inherited the debts. secondly, Enugu state died so that Enugu city may live, now the city has to sacrifice too for the hinterlands since it already has solid infrastructure that can take it for a couple of years with good maintenance.

Which money are Ebony and Anambra using for the physical development of their state capitals.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by 3pointz(m): 8:34pm On Sep 06, 2017
myhobbies:
This is how dilapidated the road leading to Ubahu in Nkanu east local government of Enugu state is. Please let the government of Enugu state come to our rescue. We have suffered so much due to this road both during rainy and dry season.
This road need serious and urgent attention from the government.
Bros u should have created dis Post as a thread instead of just putting up as a passive comment. I suggest u create it as a thread plead wit our able lalasticlala to move it to d Front page.
Dis Ubahu road issue is long overdue,its about time it goes viral so dat d govt wil come 2 our aid.
Emekete ihoonwa,ucheegucho. Obiadaa!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by myhobbies(m): 10:04am On Sep 07, 2017
3pointz:

Bros u should have created dis Post as a thread instead of just putting up as a passive comment. I suggest u create it as a thread plead wit our able lalasticlala to move it to d Front page.
Dis Ubahu road issue is long overdue,its about time it goes viral so dat d govt wil come 2 our aid.
Emekete ihoonwa,ucheegucho. Obiadaa!

I just did. This is the link www.nairaland.com/4038296/how-dilapidated-ubahu-road-right

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:22am On Sep 08, 2017
myhobbies:

I just did. This is the link www.nairaland.com/4038296/how-dilapidated-ubahu-road-right

It went to the front page.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by myhobbies(m): 8:00am On Sep 08, 2017
spyder880:

It went to the front page.
I noticed that but the ofe mmanu folks are talking nonsense there
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 12:52pm On Sep 08, 2017
ESWAMA seems to be dead.

Their waste disposal is grossly inadequate. I believe this is deliberate with the endpoint being juicy contracts awarded to cronies.
Whereas the funds could be used to fix the refuse disposal trucks or procure new ones.

Looks like the government is not capable of maintaining basic infrastructure in the capital.
Even if he has sworn not to commence new projects, he should at least maintain the existing ones meticulously.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Stingman: 1:57pm On Sep 08, 2017
NLC resumes dialogue with Enugu Govt to revive moribund industries On September 8, 201711:24 am

The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has resumed talks with Enugu State Government on the revival of moribund industries to create jobs for the teeming unemployed youths in the state. The state NLC Chairman, Comrade Virginus Nwobodo, told newsmen in Enugu on Friday that the congress was targeting revival of at least five moribund industries in the state. Nwobodo said that the move would not only improve revenue generation for the state, but also reduce the crime rate.

“We are meeting with government to revive the ailing industries. Employment and security of lives and property will be assured through this move. “ If we have four to five moribund industries fully working, unemployment will be reduced,’’ he said. According to him, more industries coming on stream in the state will also reduce idleness and crimes in the state. On some state workers not captured during the verification exercise, Nwobodo said that their names were being compiled with a view to remedying the situation.

“We are working to ensure that those that were not captured are captured and their salaries will start running once more,’’ he said. The labour leader commended Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi for prompt payment of workers’ salaries. “Prompt payment of salaries has made labour not to have any cause to embark on strike,” Nwobodo said. NAN

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/09/nlc-resumes-conversation-enugu-govt-revive-moribund-industries/
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee(m): 1:59pm On Sep 08, 2017
eaglechild:
ESWAMA seems to be dead.

Their waste disposal is grossly inadequate. I believe this is deliberate with the endpoint being juicy contracts awarded to cronies.
Whereas the funds could be used to fix the refuse disposal trucks or procure new ones.

Looks like the government is not capable of maintaining basic infrastructure in the capital.
Even if he has sworn not to commence new projects, he should at least maintain the existing ones meticulously.

Since Sullivan left waste disposal in Enugu has been on a downward decline......its a shame what this has become, with waste lying around on the side of our roads..really pathetic

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by shaibu123: 4:01pm On Sep 08, 2017
Independence layout, New heaven all over the place waste dumped by the road side.something has to be done urgently.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Stingman: 4:30pm On Sep 08, 2017
shaibu123:
Independence layout, New heaven all over the place waste dumped by the road side.something has to be done urgently.

Does the governor live in Enugu or Nsukka?

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by shaibu123: 4:40pm On Sep 08, 2017
Stingman:

Does the governor live in Enugu or Nsukka?
I don't care where he live.The bottom line is that ugwuanyi is a disaster to Enugu.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Stingman: 4:49pm On Sep 08, 2017
shaibu123:
I don't care where he live.The bottom line is that ugwuanyi is a disaster to Enugu.

I needed to know, to understand why Enugu is going backwards. If he resides in Nsukka, he might not know what is going on in Enugu. cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee(m): 5:17pm On Sep 08, 2017
Stingman:

I needed to know, to understand why Enugu is going backwards. If he resides in Nsukka, he might not know what is going on in Enugu. cry cry cry
seriously, this was what I feared when Sullivan's tenure was ending, imagine common our street lights that used to lighter up the city at night, many are no longer working

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee(m): 8:58pm On Sep 11, 2017
We still have streets as clean as this in Enugu thou

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee(m): 9:00pm On Sep 11, 2017
Unec enugu

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by pazienza(m): 9:11pm On Sep 11, 2017
So this great thread survived and is still thriving despite attacks from enemies from within and outside.

Kudos to the guys who kept the thread alive.

Enugu bu Obodo eji eme onu, 042 is more than just a number.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 11, 2017
pazienza:
So this great thread survived and is still thriving despite attacks from enemies from within and outside.

Kudos to the guys who kept the thread alive.

Enugu bu Obodo eji eme onu, 042 is more than just a number.
the peeps from Enugu displays maturity and tact on this thread-this is the most dexterous pro-igbo thread on Nairaland. kudos guys

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by pazienza(m): 10:05pm On Sep 11, 2017
eduj:

the peeps from Enugu displays maturity and tact on this thread-this is the most dexterous pro-igbo thread on Nairaland. kudos guys
True.

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by DelGardo: 10:50pm On Sep 11, 2017
slimthugchimee:
Unec enugu

Lovely

This was one of the reasons I am a die hard fan of Buhari. This road section and all the others standing in UNEC today were done by PTF back then under Buhari's leadership.

From Campus gate to IJ airport, Abuja and lecturers quarters.

Good things will always abide.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 11:12pm On Sep 11, 2017
During my visit to my beloved Coal City this rainy season, i found that some parts of Milken Hill over Coal Camp is developing 'bald head'. It seems some kind of evil people are building houses indiscriminately on top and beneath the hill.

A nasty scenario of mudslide and landslide that could bury the entire Coal Camp area is the likely consequence of such indiscriminate vandalism of the iconic Coal City landmark.

As an environmentalist and a stakeholder in this beautiful city, i call on the authorities of Enugu State government to make sure that landgrabers and their agents are not allowed to destroy the beautiful green hill or endanger people's lives. The history of Coal City is engraved on that hill!!

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:38am On Sep 12, 2017
Mrs Anajemba has not been doing a good job of managing Eswama. I was about taking pictures of disgusting refuse dumps appearing in the coal city a week ago, but later abandoned the idea, people may hijack the pictures and use it against us.

But extortion still continues with Eswama. They could invade your building site and arrest/kidnap your workers and dump them in jail same day with the collaboration of the courts and mandate a bail of about 100 k, and they can arrest and charge shop owners as much as 20-30k for alleged dirty gutter, and drag them to court.

It's just not right.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Stingman: 1:49pm On Sep 13, 2017
Enugu witnesses major breakthrough in Investment Drive
…partners Chinese Firms on Industrial Hub

Enugu State Government today witnessed a major breakthrough in its efforts to attract foreign investments in the state, with the presentation of a N300 million cheque to three communities of Ogwofia Owa, Enugu Eke and Akama Oghe by Lion Business Park Limited as compensation for the economic crops and structures on the 2000 hectares of land acquired for the development of the Lion Business Park industrial project in partnership with Chinese partners under the coordination of the company.

The Lion Business Park industrial project is a bold initiative of Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi’s administration, designed to create a manufacturing and integrated industrial hub in Enugu State and the South East geopolitical zone at large and facilitate Chinese manufacturers’ entry into the state to feed the Nigerian and African market through the existing sales channels of Onitsha and Aba in partnership with Nigerian business organizations.

Presenting the cheque, Gov. Ugwuanyi who was represented by his deputy, Mrs. Cecilia Ezeilo, stated that the project was in line with his administration’s determined efforts to attract direct foreign investments to the state, disclosing that the State Executive Council approved and signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the group of Chinese Investors for the establishment of the Industrial Market, to be known as Lion Business Park.

The governor commended the company for the prompt fulfillment of the compensation aspect of the MOU and also expressed gratitude to the people of the three communities “for their wonderful understanding, partnership and cooperation in the entire process”.

Gov. Ugwuanyi appreciated the massive benefits that the Industrial Market will bring to the economy of the state, saying that it will stimulate investment inflow in diverse sectors of the economy and create a huge economic value chain that would engender employment as well as production and availability of “much needed goods and services”.

He reassured the foreign partners and all potential investors of the government’s resolve to sustain the business-friendly environment that currently exists in the state, stressing that “Enugu State is indeed ready and open for business”.

He equally thanked the state Ministry of Commerce and Industry, members of the land acquisition steering committee and all those who assisted in ensuring a successful acquisition of the land as well as the enumeration and evaluation of the economic trees on it.

In his remark, the Chairman of Lion Business Park Limited, Dr. Okechukwu Mbonu commended Gov. Ugwuanyi for his “great vision in making Enugu State a West African industrial hub”, saying that the company is only complementing what his administration has already started in the state.
Dr. Mbonu assured the governor of the foreign partners’ determination to actualize their mandate in a record time, thanking the host communities for the support and understanding.

In his opening address, the State Commissioner for Commerce and Industry, Barr. Sam Ogbu-Nwobodo disclosed that the event was “a major breakthrough geared towards the full actualization of the investment vision of the present administration of His Excellency, Rt. Hon. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi”.

Barr. Ogbu-Nwobodo noted that the project was an outcome of the 2016 Oganiru Enugu State Investment Summit that thrives on the existing trade cooperation between Nigerian business organizations and their foreign counterparts especially from China for the purpose of furthering their mutual interests.

The commissioner stated that the state government’s vision “is to create a conducive and profitable environment for Chinese companies to produce in Nigeria ahead of other countries and to enhance strong and enduring bi-lateral ties between the Peoples Republic of China and the Federal Republic of Nigeria”.

While thanking Gov. Ugwuanyi for his firm commitment to investment promotion in the state, the commissioner stated that the milestone achievement was in keeping with the governor’s inaugural address that his administration “will drive with full force investment promotion…’’ and “provide the necessary legal and policy framework to make investment thrive in the state”.

Barr. Ogbu-Nwobodo said that the remarkable feat recorded towards the commencement of the project in the state was the fruit of the governor’s “focused and genuine commitment to the rapid industrial and general economic development of the state”, borne out of his deep devotion to the welfare of the people of Enugu State.

He added that the governor’s interactive sessions with the Traditional Rulers, Presidents General of the various communities and most importantly, about fifty-one indigenous Professors from the area, during the process of acquiring the land were “quite engaging and productive”.

According to the commissioner, “this ingenious and unprecedented approach made the entire acquisition exercise very smooth. The governor gave the entire process a human face, demonstrating very clearly that his government is that of the people, for the people and by the people - which is the hallmark of democracy.

“Following this noble example, the committee actively engaged the entire communities in a transparent and honest way, with community visitations, town hall meetings and several other meetings, all aimed at sensitizing the people of Ogwofia owa, Enugu Eke, and Akama Oghe communities of the socio-economic importance of the investment, which attracted them to support this critical industrial development.

“This achievement we are witnessing today is one of the remarkable impacts in the life of this administration, which have ushered in enduring peace and good governance in the state backed by vision, unprecedented infrastructural development, innovation, fiscal discipline, transparency and other structural and institutional initiatives, aimed at driving massive investment inflow into the state’s economy”.

(1) (2) (3) ... (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.